PDA

View Full Version : GameInformer - 2 AWESOME videos [Why Pirates? and Building the World]

pacmanate
03-06-2013, 12:06 AM
I love the explanation of why pirates. They explain how sometimes being too noble or good as a character and then shooting up loads of people can make you feel a disconnect (which I agree with), but if you are a pirate, your natural inclination is "I see that ship, ME WANT", or "I wanna rough some people up". I really like what I am hearing so far for character and setting choice. Also there is a screenshot in one picture that shows Edward with his hood down at 2:10 in the why pirates video.

Firstly, does this mean we can take his hood down whenever?! (I know what you are thinking "not this again!"). But does this also mean that we wont get wavy blonde hair but instead tied up? This makes me sad :( I also dont get why the whole haytham family do the same hairstyle, BE ORIGINAL DARN YOU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOf2UBb15Jk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acgJE1wKzE8

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Cool, I'm about to watch them both. Thanks for the post :)

Escappa
03-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Nice ones :D

Layytez
03-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Do all Kenway men tie their hair back ? Lol

pacmanate
03-06-2013, 12:21 AM
No problem, hope you enjoy them! Really like the GameInformer videos that get put out :) So yeah, whats up with the hair tied up?! Did anyone else want it wavy like me?

Escappa
03-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Maybe you can choose hairstyle too, after all they have said that he will be much more editable than the earlier assassins ;)

LieutenantJojo
03-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Do all Kenway men tie their hair back ? Lol

It's not that weird actually. Edward, Haytham and Connor all have fairly long hair, so it's just easier to tie it back. If their hair were loose, it would probably get in their way the entire time.

pacmanate
03-06-2013, 12:39 AM
It's not that weird actually. Edward, Haytham and Connor all have fairly long hair, so it's just easier to tie it back. If their hair were loose, it would probably get in their way the entire time.

They could tie it up differently and use a different coloured band...

Escappa
03-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Why no ponytail :p

Legendz54
03-06-2013, 12:44 AM
Looks like we will be getting up to a lot of stuff in the caribbean's, im glad he chooses to tie his hair back at some point.

DarthEzio55
03-06-2013, 12:44 AM
Maybe you can choose hairstyle too, after all they have said that he will be much more editable than the earlier assassins ;)

lol, i read that as Edward will be more edible than earlier assassins.

Escappa
03-06-2013, 12:45 AM
lol, i read that as Edward will be more edible than earlier assassins.

Sharks...so yes ;)

pacmanate
03-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Edible?! HAHAHA

Legendz54
03-06-2013, 12:51 AM
So when can we eat Edward?? you know what? i think i will pass on eating him.

pacmanate
03-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Does anyone else think Darby (Is that his name? I am tired) looks scared all the time?

lightning667
03-06-2013, 02:57 AM
I love the explanation of why pirates. They explain how sometimes being too noble or good as a character and then shooting up loads of people can make you feel a disconnect (which I agree with), but if you are a pirate, your natural inclination is "I see that ship, ME WANT", or "I wanna rough some people up". I really like what I am hearing so far for character and setting choice. Also there is a screenshot in one picture that shows Edward with his hood down at 2:10 in the why pirates video.

Since a pirates natural inclination is to just do what they want when they want, do you think the devs will remove some of the constraints that the previous games had on them ?
Like In AC2 when Ezio killed someone the message came up saying Ezio did not kill innocents, and if you did it a few more times you dot desynched.

Legendz54
03-06-2013, 03:01 AM
I think that they should add a hood on/off option but at a cost, if you have your hood off you will gain twice as more notoriety faster than you would with your hood off.

deskp
03-06-2013, 03:08 AM
Since a pirates natural inclination is to just do what they want when they want, do you think the devs will remove some of the constraints that the previous games had on them ?
Like In AC2 when Ezio killed someone the message came up saying Ezio did not kill innocents, and if you did it a few more times you dot desynched.

Except for bombs and freak accidents, Connor didnt even have the option to do combat things with civillians, and i dont think Edward will. killing civilians holds no purpose even for pirates .

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 03:50 AM
I`m calling it now..

Ashraf is an Egyptian...

I can use this somehow...

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 03:51 AM
Except for bombs and freak accidents, Connor didnt even have the option to do combat things with civillians, and i dont think Edward will. killing civilians holds no purpose even for pirates .

Actually Connor can. You have to use the zoom feature to select them, and you can hurt them in any way you want, or most.

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 05:04 AM

He's a pirate, not a sociopath. Killing civilians is always going to be a no-no for an Assassin.

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 05:06 AM
He's a pirate, not a sociopath. Killing civilians is always going to be a no-no for an Assassin.
Why is there a fetish to kill civilians for no reason ??

That was actually a complaints about AC III. You can`t kill civilians...Well WHY do you want to kill them ?? The damm game has an army of guards and you want to kill the civilians ?? confusing -__-

Jexx21
03-06-2013, 05:08 AM
It's the same reason why rape is a thing. You want to have power over something that can't fight back.

of course, it depends on the context... turning the other cheek did in fact work for Ghandi...

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 05:09 AM

That was actually a complaints about AC III. You can`t kill civilians...Well WHY do you want to kill them ?? The damm game has an army of guards and you want to kill the civilians ?? confusing -__-

Well... those damm Italian minstrels were asking for it :p

Legendz54
03-06-2013, 05:10 AM

True dat :p

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 05:11 AM

ahahaha good times :P

Jexx21
03-06-2013, 05:13 AM
i just pull out a sword and they run away like the pansies they are

Perk89
03-06-2013, 05:18 AM
He mentioned that there was going to be a lot of stuff to pull us away from the main quest. I hope it makes sense this time. In AC3, if you wanted to do a side mission, the formula at the beginning of each Sequence typically followed closely to this:

Connor And Achilles Get Into Big Fight
Connor Storms Out To Go Assassinate His Next Target
Player Is Given Control Of Connor
Player Takes Connor Back Inside
Connor Kindly Asks Achilles If He Needs Help Finding A Sweet Painting For The Crib
Achilles Commends Connor For Being Such A Nice, Respectful, Young Man

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 05:20 AM
connor and achilles get into big fight
connor storms out to go assassinate his next target
player is given control of connor
player takes connor back inside
connor kindly asks achilles if he needs help finding a sweet painting for the crib
achilles commends connor for being such a nice, respectful, young man

loool!!!

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 05:20 AM
He mentioned that there was going to be a lot of stuff to pull us away from the main quest. I hope it makes sense this time. In AC3, if you wanted to do a side mission, the formula typically followed closely to this:

Connor And Achilles Get Into Big Fight
Connor Storms Out To Go Assassinate His Next Target
Player Is Given Control Of Connor
Player Takes Connor Back Inside
Connor Kindly Asks Achilles If He Needs Help Finding A Sweet Painting For The Crib
Achilles Commends Connor For Being Such A Nice, Respectful, Young Man
That....that happened to me :O

GET OUTA MY HEAD DAMM IT

Jexx21
03-06-2013, 05:21 AM
plz moar connor in a side mission system that makes sense and correlates with the main missions

monster_rambo
03-06-2013, 05:22 AM

I am guessing that in a sense games provide people with an escape from reality so they want to do things in games that are not socially acceptable in real life. It does not mean that they are sociopaths, but it is because want freedom and have fun and not feel constraint while doing it. I don't enjoy killing civilians in AC games but sometimes you just want to say **** it, I want to jump off cliffs, kill civilians, go into fighting frenzy just for the sake of it.

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 05:24 AM
I am guessing that in a sense games provide people with an escape from reality so they want to do things in games that are not socially acceptable in real life. It does not mean that they are sociopaths, but it is because want freedom and have fun and not feel constraint while doing it. I don't enjoy killing civilians in AC games but sometimes you just want to say **** it, I want to jump off cliffs, kill civilians, go into fighting frenzy just for the sake of it.
But there are guards to kill o_0

It`s not like you can`t kill anyone

mhg87
03-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Ezio tied his hair back too(until he cut it short in ACR), I dont see what the big deal is.

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 05:26 AM
Ezio tied his hair back too(until he cut it short in ACR), I dont see what the big deal is.
I think it`s because Edward looked so cool in the CG trailer that having him tie it back looks stupid

Jexx21
03-06-2013, 05:26 AM
my hair is short

monster_rambo
03-06-2013, 05:28 AM
But there are guards to kill o_0

It`s not like you can`t kill anyone

This will sound messed up but it is the idea of killing civilians that makes it fun because they are not the enemy or the target and they are completely vulnerable. It is the context of the situation.

Jexx21
03-06-2013, 05:29 AM
like rape?

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 06:35 AM
That last bit in this thread......is seriously ****ed up

Black_Widow9
03-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Need I remind you all the OP?

This discussion is going downhill fast and you need to remain appropriate or you will be banned and this will be locked.

I-Like-Pie45
03-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Alrighty then.

So, who else is hoping for a custom soundtrack option?

Would be nice to have the Pirates of the Caribbean theme blasting in a heated naval battle as you board enemy ships.

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 06:59 AM
I thought it was interesting how they described him as a Pirate with Assassin skills.

Shows how their approaching him as a character, and how he does things, why, ect.

I-Like-Pie45
03-06-2013, 07:03 AM
He and his story have the potential to be the most morally ambiguous AC game yet.

I wonder that if we're allowed to freeroam before his induction into the Order, we'll be allowed to kill civilians without desync as he isn't following the Creed yet.

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:08 AM
He and his story have the potential to be the most morally ambiguous AC game yet.

I wonder that if we're allowed to freeroam before his induction into the Order, we'll be allowed to kill civilians without desync as he isn't following the Creed yet.

I suspect he'll have these newfangled pirates morals.....

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 07:16 AM

Mass murder is not "morally ambiguous."

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Mass murder is not "morally ambiguous."

But Mass murdered turned Assassin is.. :D

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Hey guys I love AC BF I think it`ll be the best game evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh look awesome 50 islands...oh look random events...OH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW AC IS DA BEST EVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

is that good enough for you, Black_Widow ?? Hmm ??

I`m hope I`m so up to standards now...

and you can bet i`m angry

Gi1t
03-06-2013, 07:23 AM
I suspect he'll have these newfangled pirates morals.....

Edward: "Pirate Vow # 13:---- "

*Everyone in his crew: -__-;

XD

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Hey guys I love AC BF I think it`ll be the best game evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh look awesome 50 islands...oh look random events...OH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW AC IS DA BEST EVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Don't taunt the mods....

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Don't taunt the mods....
Well....I can remove it and pretend that nothing happened IF ONLY YOU DIDN'T QUOTE IT

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Well....I can remove it and pretend that nothing happened IF ONLY YOU DIDN'T QUOTE IT

You mean like this?

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 07:34 AM

Yeah

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 07:35 AM
well....i can remove it and pretend that nothing happened if only you didn't quote it

lmfao

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:36 AM

Yeah

Just making sure.

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:37 AM

I mean, it's not like I would want you to get in trouble, or make her angry. I'm sure she missed your retort. The only way she would probably notice is if someone kept posting it.

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 07:38 AM

Hehehe How do you like the joke, Widow ??

I love you so much and YOU KNOW IT D:

I`m sorry

I-Like-Pie45
03-06-2013, 07:39 AM
You should appreciate your mods folks.

This place could always end up like the Naughty Dog forums in the Summer 2012 - October 2012 weekends era without your mods!

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Can't stop laughing hahahha xD

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:40 AM
You should appreciate your mods folks.

This place could always end up like the Naughty Dog forums in the Summer 2012 - October 2012 weekends era without your mods!

I appreciate mods.

And, what were they expecting, with a name like Naughty Dog?

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:41 AM
I mean, it's not like I would want you to get in trouble, or make her angry. I'm sure she missed your retort. The only way she would probably notice is if someone kept posting it.

You know, like this:

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 07:41 AM

Or like BSN, where people routinely throw insults at each other without any moderation or such, and the mods only post when they are locking a thread. Over here atleast the mods participate in the discussion sometimes..

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Yeah...That joke was so funny...yeah...I bet widow is laughing hard now..hahaha

right ?? D:

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Yeah...That joke was so funny...yeah...I bet widow is laughing hard now..hahaha

right ?? D:

You should send her a bagel. And a shovel.

Black_Widow9
03-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Let's make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm sure I don't have to warn you or anyone else about Infractions.

None of you have to love ACBF. I don't expect that. I understand your concerns. I too love Assassin's Creed. ;)

@Eternal- A bagel?

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Let's make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm sure I don't have to warn you or anyone else about Infractions.

None of you have to love ACBF. I don't expect that. I understand your concerns. I too love Assassin's Creed.

Waitaminute.....Mods have souls?

Pics or it didn't happen.

I thought you guys just ran around kicking puppies and setting kittens on fire.

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 07:46 AM

None of you have to love ACBF. I don't expect that. I understand your concerns. I too love Assassin's Creed. ;)

Oh yes....Them infractions :|

Black_Widow9
03-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Waitaminute.....Mods have souls?

Pics or it didn't happen.

I thought you guys just ran around kicking puppies and setting kittens on fire.
It wasn't supposed to show!!! *facepalm

And I like kittens. Puppies meh but don't tell PETA. :p

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Just as a random thought Black_Window, whose considered more expendable? Dashing, heroic, handsome me, or.....Assassins_M?

And be aware I give out bagels.

I-Like-Pie45
03-06-2013, 07:49 AM
See people, what you can accomplish when user and mod share a moment of tender togetherness. Or something like that.
http://americancivilization.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/killingjokecoda21.jpg

Now that we've sorted everything out, here's hoping for a Kraken or Flying Dutchman boss fight.

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:50 AM
It wasn't supposed to show!!! *facepalm

And I like kittens. Puppies meh but don't tell PETA. :p

I think if you loved puppies PETA would still hate you for forcing that pixel spider to stay in your avatar. I mean, pixels have rights too!

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 07:51 AM
They can make the ToKW version of ACBF and put all those Krakens in it. Or maybe your ship becomes the Flying Dutchman :O

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Just as a random thought Black_Window, whose considered more expendable? Dashing, heroic, handsome me, or.....Assassins_M?

And be aware I give out bagels.
http://f0.pepst.com/c/54B197/701601/ssc3/home/074/larebelde/albums/she_loves_me_not_she_loves_me.gif_480_480_0_64000_ 0_1_0.gif

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:52 AM
They can make the ToKW version of ACBF and put all those Krakens in it. Or maybe your ship becomes the Flying Dutchman :O

And give you the ability to summon Calypso.

Except this time, instead of an "Indian Magic!" excuse, it's totally different....."Pirate Magic!"

I'm getting the rights!

I-Like-Pie45
03-06-2013, 07:56 AM
That would be the greatest crossover ever.

ToKW Ratonhnhake:ton with all his mental unhingedness and superpowers teaming up with superundead flying dutchman captain Edward who can summon krakens at will.

Overweight uncharming fails-at-womanizing Ezio, BAMF Desmond, and happy emotionally outgoing Altair can join too if they want.

Black_Widow9
03-06-2013, 07:58 AM
No one is expendable to me. ;)

I can't deny I love this.

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 08:19 AM
That would be the greatest crossover ever.

ToKW Ratonhnhake:ton with all his mental unhingedness and superpowers teaming up with superundead flying dutchman captain Edward who can summon krakens at will.

Overweight uncharming fails-at-womanizing Ezio, BAMF Desmond, and happy emotionally outgoing Altair can join too if they want.

Lol :p Don't forget timid pacifist Bartolomeo, young Caucasian Achilles, and peg-legged Malik as side characters ;)

Legendz54
03-06-2013, 08:22 AM
http://youtu.be/Rujtj2m_a6Y

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 08:40 AM
http://youtu.be/Rujtj2m_a6Y

OK seriously, who's the creative director on this??? I've heard like 3 different names.

souNdwAve89
03-06-2013, 09:10 AM
OK seriously, who's the creative director on this??? I've heard like 3 different names.

Jean Guesdon is the Creative Director and Ashraf Ismail is the Game Director. Their respective title is on their Linkedin.

pacmanate
03-06-2013, 03:39 PM
I have a bazllion warnings and infractions :P I am happy I am still here :')

nitres15
03-06-2013, 09:13 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/03/06/how-wind-waker-and-red-dead-redemption-informed-assassin-39-s-creed-iv-black-flag.aspx

a new one.

(http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/03/06/how-wind-waker-and-red-dead-redemption-informed-assassin-39-s-creed-iv-black-flag.aspx)

dogziler
03-06-2013, 09:58 PM
And give you the ability to summon Calypso.

Except this time, instead of an "Indian Magic!" excuse, it's totally different....."Pirate Magic!"

I'm getting the rights!

i love this idea. you should get a Pirates of the Caribbean style outfit of Davy Jones, maybe with beard replacing le tentacles. then, an outfit for you ship making it like the one in the movies that he has.

ArabianFrost
03-07-2013, 03:45 PM
I hope so. Not many people understand how awesome it is to see a fellow Egyptian
/Arabian in the gaming industry. He apparently studied at Ottowa and was born in Canada. So maybe of Egyptian bloodline but not of Egyptian birthplace. However, he seems a bit more Lebanese maybe, which makes sense considering how many Lebanese live abroad.