PDA

View Full Version : Edward is going to be the "Darkest" protaognist so far

Radman500
03-05-2013, 08:44 PM
he seems like a "Darker Ezio" to me..... womanizer, yes, charismatic... but also a rougher man, and edgier........... he's a drinker, wants money, essentially a pirate, for himself.....

i think he will be the darkest protagonist so far, personality wise

shobhit7777777
03-05-2013, 08:50 PM
I'd like to think of it this way:

If Altair, Ezio, Connor and Eddie were in a bar and some drunk slob accost one of them this is how they would respons:

Altair: He would simply up and leave rather than make a scene

Ezio: He would make a comeback with a witty retort and then as the drunk guy tries to punch him...Ezio would swiftly KO him.

Connor: Would ask the drunk to leave him alone and warn him off...and since Connor is heavier than 90% of the population in the bar..the drunk would piss off

Edward: Would simply grab the nearest bottle and smash it on the drunk guy's head the moment he approaches and opens his mouth...and then get back to the girls.

IMO at least.

UrDeviant1
03-05-2013, 08:55 PM

If Altair, Ezio, Connor and Eddie were in a bar and some drunk slob accost one of them this is how they would respons:

Ezio: He would make a comeback with a witty retort and then as the drunk guy tries to punch him...Ezio would swiftly KO him.

Connor: Would ask the drunk to leave him alone and warn him off...and since Connor is heavier than 90% of the population in the bar..the drunk would piss off

Edward: Would simply grab the nearest bottle and smash it on the drunk guy's head the moment he approaches and opens his mouth...and then get back to the girls.

IMO at least.

So, who would you rather go for a pint with?

rileypoole1234
03-05-2013, 08:56 PM

I'd like it to be:

Edward: Growls and tells the man he has one chance to leave, but before the guy can say anything he takes the bottle and jabs him in the throat with it.

That's a pirate.

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Edward has been described as "Funny, wreckless, selfish and a womaniser". He doesnt sound dark to me, especially because they said he was funny. Selfish doesnt mean dark and neither does womaniser, it just shows he wants fun.

shobhit7777777
03-05-2013, 09:02 PM
I'd like it to be:

Edward: Growls and tells the man he has one chance to leave, but before the guy can say anything he takes the bottle and jabs him in the throat with it.

That's a pirate.

Or that...basically we agree that Eddie would have no issues in simply wrecking that man...

So, who would you rather go for a pint with?

Your mother of course

Ezio. Connor and I have nothing in common...boring conversation. Altair would be a horrible wingman. Edward would prolly run up my tab and sleep with my girl.

HisSpiritLives
03-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Edward has been described as "Funny, wreckless, selfish and a womaniser". He doesnt sound dark to me, especially because they said he was funny. Selfish doesnt mean dark and neither does womaniser, it just shows he wants fun.

I agree with OP he is darker than Ezio and i really like it,he doesnt look me like funny guy .

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Makes the phrase "Nice guys finish last" even more true....

*cough* Connor.

HisSpiritLives
03-05-2013, 09:43 PM
It wouldnt be strange if Edward died from some kind of sexually transmitted disease. ;)

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 09:46 PM
It wouldnt be strange if Edward died from some kind of sexually transmitted disease. ;)
Well....

lothario-da-be
03-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Most epic dead cause in the whole ac series ;)

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Edward dies in his own house because Templars come to kill him.

lothario-da-be
03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
That is what history tells us, you have to see beyond the information that is given to you.:p
( just played ac1)

Dimension.
03-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Well, he better be a pretty brutal character. Isn't he pirate after all?
It's a little sad though that running around slaughtering hundreds of people isn't considered dark at all these days. Instead, Edward is supposedly a darker character because he drinks. Go figure.

henne-kei
03-05-2013, 10:00 PM

They should use that for some other assassin. Would be sad yet hilarious
(before someone labels me as a bad person, I do not wish that for a real person, thanks)

LieutenantJojo
03-05-2013, 10:05 PM

According to Forsaken, yes. But Renaissance also said that Rodrigo committed suicide in the Vault at the end of AC2. You should take everything the novels say with a grain of salt.

crash3
03-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Is the pirate thing just a cover up for Edward's true assassin identity?

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Is the pirate thing just a cover up for Edward's true assassin identity?
No he is a pirate who later becomes an assassin.

Escappa
03-05-2013, 10:21 PM
No he is a pirate who later becomes an assassin.

Is that comfirmed? 'Cause in the trailer it seems as he has his crew and all, but sneeks off to make his "job" in the end...

So I WANT to belive that the pirate thing BECOMES a cover up after he joins the brotherhood, but how mutch is known about his early assassin-years?

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Is that comfirmed? 'Cause in the trailer it seems as he has his crew and all, but sneeks off to make his "job" in the end...

So I WANT to belive that the pirate thing BECOMES a cover up after he joins the brotherhood, but how mutch is known about his early assassin-years?
From the opening moments of ACIVBF, Edward is an experienced privateer-turned-pirate, with a taste for danger and adventure. He is both a skilled sailor and seasoned fighter, but he fights for no cause but his own. However, events occuring early in our story lead Edward right into the heard of the Assassin / Templar conspiracy, a conflict in which he will play a vital role. Without saying more, we can definitely say that Edward Kenway is one of the most uniquely conflicted heroes in the Assassin’s Creed franchise to date.

Escappa
03-05-2013, 10:26 PM
From the opening moments of ACIVBF, Edward is an experienced privateer-turned-pirate, with a taste for danger and adventure. He is both a skilled sailor and seasoned fighter, but he fights for no cause but his own. However, events occuring early in our story lead Edward right into the heard of the Assassin / Templar conspiracy, a conflict in which he will play a vital role. Without saying more, we can definitely say that Edward Kenway is one of the most uniquely conflicted heroes in the Assassin’s Creed franchise to date.

I hope he is to the assassins as Haytham was to the Templars (a charachter you'll like even if he's a jerk)

emperior
03-05-2013, 11:54 PM
I hope he is to the assassins as Haytham was to the Templars (a charachter you'll like even if he's a jerk)

I hated Haytham and was actually happy when I killed him.

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 11:58 PM
ACIVBF

Dear God, this game needs less title...

henne-kei
03-05-2013, 11:59 PM
I hated Haytham and was actually happy when I killed him.

That was... direct XD
Well, he was a jerk and so his father can be. :p

Dear God, this game needs less title...

Let's just call it like in my signature :rolleyes:

TrueAssassin77
03-06-2013, 02:12 AM
Wish we could get a "Blackest" assassin. But we all know who thats gonna turn out

souNdwAve89
03-06-2013, 02:17 AM
I think it would be cool that the reason Edward stumbled upon the Assassin vs Templar war was due to him stealing from the Templars.

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-06-2013, 02:20 AM
I think it would be cool that the reason Edward stumbled upon the Assassin vs Templar war was due to him stealing from the Templars.

I was thinking that it was going to down something similar to this as well.

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 03:16 AM
Without saying more, we can definitely say that Edward Kenway is one of the most uniquely conflicted heroes in the Assassinís Creed franchise to date.

You mean he's not an Ezio clone?

TrueAssassin77
03-06-2013, 03:25 AM
Without saying more, we can definitely say that Edward Kenway is one of the most uniquely conflicted heroes in the Assassinís Creed franchise to date.

No. Thats Connor. Period. What you said is actually foolish.

monster_rambo
03-06-2013, 03:26 AM

In some ways yes, I am assuming and it is obvious that from the trailer, that they were implying that he is a womanizer. What is there not to like about someone who is charismatic, charming and has a dark past?

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 03:26 AM
Do you wish to die vile demon?

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 03:27 AM
Do you wish to die vile demon?

I'm already a vile demon..

*demonic laughter echoes*

monster_rambo
03-06-2013, 03:28 AM

What you said was an opinion.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 03:28 AM
That's what the article says you moron, not me.

Megas_Doux
03-06-2013, 03:32 AM
I hope for him to be different, just like Connor was from Ezio, and Ezio from Altair......
And know the "womanizer" issue, so I embrace this "dark" idea

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 03:33 AM
I'm already a vile demon..

*demonic laughter echoes*
That is what I said, do you wish to die you vile demon...

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 03:33 AM
I hope for him to be different, just like Connor was from Ezio, and Ezio from Altair......
And know the "womanizer" issue, so I embrace this "dark" idea

I wish he's a "bad" assassin, if you know what I mean.

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 03:47 AM

He's got you there?

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 03:47 AM
He's got you there?
He's an old friend :P

BATISTABUS
03-06-2013, 03:57 AM

IMO at least.
I like this. I'm glad that the Assassins are all distinct. I've always wanted Ubisoft to do a short video where they all get together and interact.

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 04:06 AM

Ah sorry, I read it as Do you wish to die a vile demon.. or something like that.

The answer is no, I'm already dead. How do you think I became a vile demon?

ITS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN COMPREHEND

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 04:08 AM
Ah sorry, I read it as Do you wish to die a vile demon.. or something like that.

The answer is no, I'm already dead. How do you think I became a vile demon?

ITS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN COMPREHEND
Oh you...
http://www.toptiertactics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/mass-effect-reaper-harbinger-sovereign.jpg