PDA

View Full Version : so ac4 start in 1715... (some spoiler)

mlazun
03-05-2013, 07:19 PM
According to director for ac4 game starts in 1715.
and what we know so far is that edward has a daugther named jenny borned in 1713. and heytham in 1725.
And we know that edward was murdered in 1735. so according to these he already has one child at begining of the game. that is a liitle early to me...

he is a pirate who was later recruited and trained by assassins. from what i can say he is about 30 year old in that trailer.
so we will play as edward for 10 his years (until heytham is borned) from 1715-1725 and probably play at the end of the game as 10 year heytham who try to save his family when templar attack a house a witnes how they corner and murder edward.

what you think when, where and why assassins recruit edward to brotherhood even they knew he is selfish pirate.

i think he already was a pirate captain and was very capable with sword and pistol when recruited in brotherhood.

WalSwJan
03-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Uh I really hope they don't pull the RDR-endgame and kill off Edward so we play as young Haytham after the story. (I'm sure they won't :D)

mlazun
03-05-2013, 07:29 PM
maybe that is how next ac game (where we play as heytham and connor again) will start. it is stupid to kill him in game where is he main character

Radman500
03-05-2013, 08:41 PM
i remember an interview saying edward starts at 22 years old

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 09:07 PM
I thought we couldnt see deaths in the Animus? Anyway why they picked him up could just be because they saw his potential. Great sailor, good at parkour, charasmatic, gets the job done. He could join because Jenny gets kidnapped and he wants revenge against Reginald/

joshyboy588
03-05-2013, 09:14 PM
i remember an interview saying edward starts at 22 years old

link please old bean

poptartz20
03-05-2013, 11:29 PM
I find this interesting for the simple fact that most of the time in AC games we go through the course of the assassins life. There isn't much to go off of with Edwards life depending on what age he is introduced at. (20-30 would be the most general guess) We know he dies in 1735 so they in a way cut his own story short unless they ignore what was stated in the book. (which I doubt)

There has to be more to this AC I'm just not sure where they will talk us. It might be a game concentrated all whithin 5 years of Edwards life.

Layytez
03-05-2013, 11:41 PM
We can view his memories even though he has a kid ? I thought we couldn't do that unless that's is just bound to direct descendants in the animus like Desmond.

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 11:48 PM
We can view his memories even though he has a kid ? I thought we couldn't do that unless that's is just bound to direct descendants in the animus like Desmond.

I also thought this. I thought you couldn't relieve the memories of someone when they conceived? Someone explain!

Megas_Doux
03-05-2013, 11:52 PM
I reckon reading somewhere, that at first Edward was a poor englishman who joined the British navy, turned to pirate, and then Assassin. Dont remember the game beginning on a specific year though.

henne-kei
03-05-2013, 11:53 PM
He has a kid, but that kid is not Desmond's ancestor. That's why.

Layytez
03-05-2013, 11:57 PM
He has a kid, but that kid is not Desmond's ancestor. That's why.

How does that make sense ? Haytham is Desmond's ancestor and Edward is his dad. What makes the daughter different ?

Will_Lucky
03-05-2013, 11:59 PM
How does that make sense ? Haytham is Desmond's ancestor and Edward is his dad. What makes the daughter different ?

Different mother for one. And Jenny is believed to have not had children, but Haytham does and that leads onto Desmond.

Megas_Doux
03-06-2013, 12:00 AM

That she is NOT your ancestor, and thus, with desmondīs dna; you cannot relieve her memories, and therefore the "interference" is not possible.

Layytez
03-06-2013, 12:01 AM
That she is NOT your ancestor, and thus, with desmondīs dna; you cannot relieve her memories, and therefore the "interference" is not possible.

So I was right about the direct descendant on the previous page ?

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 01:23 AM
So I was right about the direct descendant on the previous page ?

Basically. Think of it this way; pretend you're Desmond's descendant. If you started at Desmond's memories in the Animus and worked your way back through his DNA in rewind, you would see his entire life all the way back to his conception, at which point you would begin viewing William's memories from that exact moment all the way back to William's conception, then William's dad from that point back to HIS conception, and on and on through the generations. It doesn't matter if William had an older child than Desmond, because you wouldn't be descended from him.

Of course, this is all pseudoscience, but that's how it works in AC.