PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft please put ambient music while free roaming in AC : Black Flag .

heshesh
03-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Don't do the same mistake twice Ubisoft let us choose if we wanna have ambient music while free roaming in the menu option.
Don't do it like AC 3 give us some Ambient music while free roaming.

Fin (that's my opinion,but please feel free to debate on that matter.)

I mean even in Revelation it had ambient music :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI43txLYq-Y

Here is the petition : click on the link below (if you're for a petition please sign in the petition below so our voices could be heard)

https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-we-want-ambient-music-in-assassin-s-creed-black-flag

I'm gonna try to make this thread on others forums such as the british forum or the aussie try to PASS THE WORD !

There's a wee bit of pirate'ish music in the interview !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmbffZp_8Lg

It gives me goosebumps !

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Dont think anyone will be against it, there will just be people not bothered. Nevertheless, I want it back.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Yes Ubisoft.. Dont. Screw. It. Up. Again!

It has a huge impact on my enjoyment of the cities. The other day I loaded up AC2, went to Venice and climbed the tallest building. As soon as I reached the top that Tour of Venice track started playing. It was dreamlike, and it was sorely mission from AC3. I want to experience the same feeling again in AC IV :(

Megas_Doux
03-05-2013, 03:37 PM
I dont want to mix some tracks myself and then turn on the computer every time that I play the game just to hear BalfeŽs work.....Such a nuisance!

SleezeRocker
03-05-2013, 04:54 PM
If for some strange reason we don't, I'll definately be playing this through my speakers :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s17XDrKuqc4

heshesh
03-06-2013, 03:31 PM
If for some strange reason we don't, I'll definately be playing this through my speakers :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s17XDrKuqc4

Well in AC 3 they didn't put any so :/

x___Luffy___x
03-06-2013, 03:37 PM
i think they will put it since its about pirates and all ... without the ambient music there , it would just ruin all the beautiful atmosphere while free roaming on sea.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Yeah the decision to not have ambient music wasn't very good, bring it back.

heshesh
03-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Let's hope so I'm thinking about it too but since AC III sold that many copies maybe they'll follow the same path. :/

heshesh
03-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Yeah the decision to not have ambient music wasn't very good, bring it back.

I agree

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Let's hope so I'm thinking about it too but since AC III sold that many copies maybe they'll follow the same path. :/

By that logic they'd be making a Connor game set in the Frontier -__-

heshesh
03-06-2013, 04:30 PM
I mean by that ; the fact that the lack of ambient music in AC III didn't affect the major playerbase they won't change a thing.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 04:31 PM
By that logic they'd be making a Connor game set in the Frontier -__-
Tyranny of King Washington Part 1 :P

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Tyranny of King Washington Part 1 :P

FFFFFFUUUU!!

I mean by that ; the fact that the lack of ambient music in AC III didn't affect the major playerbase they won't change a thing.

Yeah but this was one of the major complaints, along with the hood situation. They'd be deaf to ignore it (..which is a possibility).

nitres15
03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
do it ubi, or iŽll be angry. GRRR !...

heshesh
03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
FFFFFFUUUU!!

Yeah but this was one of the major complaints, along with the hood situation. They'd be deaf to ignore it (..which is a possibility).

And yet they didn't even gave us a clue if they were gonna fix it or not. (in AC III)

heshesh
03-06-2013, 04:36 PM
do it ubi, or iŽll be angry. GRRR !...

That's the spirit ^^ !

HisSpiritLives
03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah really we want ambient music back,it sometimes in AC3 really felt like something is missin

kriegerdesgottes
03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Agreed. I'm glad someone made this thread. Don't screw this up again Ubisoft for the third time. Yes Revelations was SUPPOSED to have it but it was glitched and didn't work well even if you did replay a mission. Please bring the music back please. It is the single biggest problem I have now with ACIII.

TheBearJew32
03-06-2013, 06:57 PM
This needs to be a petition before it's too late! haha. It's that important though, it adds so much to the atmosphere of AC. IT'S A PART OF ASSASSINS CREED DANGIT:D

Umbra_Blade
03-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Agreed. This was one of the biggest things that made AC3 feel slightly 'off' for me, ambient music can really affect how a game feels, much like how music can dictate how a movie feels. If you have music and gameplay work in harmony it creates a strong memory in the mind of the player on a subconscious level, it makes moments or activities that seem almost trivial on their own, seem epic and cool.

If you want an example, look at the free-running in AC2; on its own (without music) it may be fun to start with, but after a while it would start to get a bit dull. Now when you introduce the ambient soundtrack of AC2 you feel like you could run around for hours without ever getting bored, as you feel like a bad-*** and totally immersed in the world.

Use ambient music Ubisoft. You would be idiotic not to do so.

askerayaz
03-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Piratey, carribean music for sure, with like fast violins aw ye total epicness begins i'd just run around not even fight, just run :D. Get the spirit going.

Frank9182011
03-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Really glad someone made this thread. We should start a petition to support it!

Since the setting and theme of Black Flag is so full of life and spirit (as opposed to AC3's somewhat austere and solemn atmosphere - not necessarily a bad thing, as it worked for that game), it would be crazy not to include ambient tracks to convey this.

I mean, Liberation had ambient music, right? It's not like Ubi has completely abandoned it.

BATISTABUS
03-06-2013, 09:21 PM
This was a horrible blunder with AC3 and I will be extremely disappointed if it happens again.

nitres15
03-06-2013, 09:22 PM
i hope they re-use the "fight club" track from AC3

TheBearJew32
03-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Who uses twitter? Couldn't someone ask if ambient music is in?

BATISTABUS
03-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Balfe thought there was ambient music in AC3, so I don't know who you'd ask.

heshesh
03-07-2013, 07:29 PM
This needs to be a petition before it's too late! haha. It's that important though, it adds so much to the atmosphere of AC. IT'S A PART OF ASSASSINS CREED DANGIT:D
You're right ^^

TheBearJew32
03-07-2013, 07:40 PM
No no. If they said petitions don't do anything, then we can only hope, but they do take suggestions! Hopefully a mod has passed on the suggestion that ambient music was lacking/non-existent in AC3 and needs to be brought back in AC4 (like the old games)...rightttt?;)

heshesh
03-07-2013, 07:42 PM
No no. If they said petitions don't do anything, then we can only hope, but they do take suggestions! Hopefully a mod has passed on the suggestion that ambient music was lacking/non-existent in AC3 and needs to be brought back in AC4 (like the old games)...rightttt?;)

We may try right so may be sure that we're understood ?

AjinkyaParuleka
03-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Yeah,please put in da musix in free roam mode.I have to play the OST whenever free-roaming in the frontier.I was going fall asleep when I was excersizing and lied on the bed for 5 mins..which later turned into half an hour...That soundtrack is good lol.

heshesh
03-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Yeah,please put in da musix in free roam mode.I have to play the OST whenever free-roaming in the frontier.I was going fall asleep when I was excersizing and lied on the bed for 5 mins..which later turned into half an hour...That soundtrack is good lol.

Yeah free roaming is quite boring without the Ambient Music

crash3
03-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Ambient music during free roam was definitely one of the best aesthetic features of the game. I could go around exploring without doing any missions for ages with the background music, it created such a brilliant atmosphere

Rome and Venice were definitely the best free-roam cities

heshesh
03-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Ambient music during free roam was definitely one of the best aesthetic features of the game. I could go around exploring without doing any missions for ages with the background music, it created such a brilliant atmosphere

Rome and Venice were definitely the best free-roam cities

AC II and AC B had the best ambient musics :).

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Yes, ambient music please. From Jesper Kyd, if possible. I don't care if you have to grovel at his feet to get him back, Ubi, but we love him! Not hating on Balfe, but Jesper is like the god of ambient music.

TheBearJew32
03-07-2013, 09:24 PM
The only problem with Bafle's music was that we didn't get to hear it...but apparently (someone mentioned) he thought that the ambient music was there, and it wasn't. So yes, Jesper Kyd is a MUST. Not only because of his music, but because of his experience with AC and he knows where it goes and how to do it right.

monster_rambo
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
I agree, bring Jesper Kyd back. Balfe was okay, but not enough to impress me.

heshesh
03-07-2013, 10:29 PM
The only problem with Bafle's music was that we didn't get to hear it...but apparently (someone mentioned) he thought that the ambient music was there, and it wasn't. So yes, Jesper Kyd is a MUST. Not only because of his music, but because of his experience with AC and he knows where it goes and how to do it right.

True that ^^.

heshesh
03-08-2013, 02:57 AM
I agree, bring Jesper Kyd back. Balfe was okay, but not enough to impress me.
It sounded a little holywood like to me ;/.

Kirokill
03-08-2013, 05:26 AM
Put an option for the music or not. In AC3 I love the birds sing and wouldn't like music interrupting it. So in AC4 add the option in Options > Sounds

LoyalACFan
03-08-2013, 05:28 AM
Put an option for the music or not. In AC3 I love the birds sing and wouldn't like music interrupting it. So in AC4 add the option in Options > Sounds

In almost all games, you can turn down the music volume to zero.

Dimension.
03-08-2013, 09:40 AM
The lack of ambient music in AC3 really annoyed me like it seems it did everyone here. Even when using headphones the game was so silent that all I heard was everything going on around me. I heard every conversation between family members and even what was going on outside my house. That's not what I want to hear when I'm trying to immerse myself in a game.
Even if the music becomes repetetive after a while, it's still better than none at all.

heshesh
03-08-2013, 02:35 PM
The lack of ambient music in AC3 really annoyed me like it seems it did everyone here. Even when using headphones the game was so silent that all I heard was everything going on around me. I heard every conversation between family members and even what was going on outside my house. That's not what I want to hear when I'm trying to immerse myself in a game.
Even if the music becomes repetetive after a while, it's still better than none at all.

Yeah you're right,when i play AC i also wear headphones but without music it quiet a pain to listen to nothing while crossing the whole frontier :/.

moumoun42
03-08-2013, 07:56 PM
In almost all games, you can turn down the music volume to zero.

Yeah you're right, and ambient music is a must !

uplay.account
03-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Behind this 100%.

There is an enormous 60 page+ thread discussing this. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720495-No-ambient-music-while-exploring-free-roam!/page62) The support for ambient music is obvious. The ambient tracks for the ezio trilogy by jesper kyd were possibly the best part of the game, and a main reason I keep coming back to them. The reason those cities felt so alive was the music. Boston and the frontier started to feel dead after a while. Ambient noise is no subsititute for music. Even if some people don't consciously notice it, I'm sure it can still be a factor in their impression of the game. Honestly, AC3 didn't feel quite like an assassins creed game.

Best case scenario is Jesper Kyd coming back, even if in a limited role, to make some ambient tracks. He's had a brwak from the series. Although I'm pretty sure it'll be all Lorne Balfe, who is fine, but he hasn't really shown ambience to be his forte. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

But I'm just gonna go out and say that if this game won't have it, I won't be buying it. Really.

BATISTABUS
03-08-2013, 11:15 PM
You can't blame Balfe for not including ambient music. In missions, there is plenty of wonderful ambient music. The problem is that once you're out of missions, it goes away. Hell, to this day Balfe still insists that there is ambient music in the game, which means that he did create some. This one's all on Ubi.

My only problem with the actual music itself was that there wasn't a musical difference between New York and Boston. When you first walk into New York, it plays the "Welcome to Boston" theme. The cities already look similar enough, and if the ambient music and battle music is the same, why even create two cities?

heshesh
03-08-2013, 11:32 PM
You can't blame Balfe for not including ambient music. In missions, there is plenty of wonderful ambient music. The problem is that once you're out of missions, it goes away. Hell, to this day Balfe still insists that there is ambient music in the game, which means that he did create some. This one's all on Ubi.

My only problem with the actual music itself was that there wasn't a musical difference between New York and Boston. When you first walk into New York, it plays the "Welcome to Boston" theme. The cities already look similar enough, and if the ambient music and battle music is the same, why even create two cities?

You can't blame Balfe he done quite a good job but the real bad guy is ubi for this cause.

heshesh
03-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Behind this 100%.

There is an enormous 60 page+ thread discussing this. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720495-No-ambient-music-while-exploring-free-roam!/page62) The support for ambient music is obvious. The ambient tracks for the ezio trilogy by jesper kyd were possibly the best part of the game, and a main reason I keep coming back to them. The reason those cities felt so alive was the music. Boston and the frontier started to feel dead after a while. Ambient noise is no subsititute for music. Even if some people don't consciously notice it, I'm sure it can still be a factor in their impression of the game. Honestly, AC3 didn't feel quite like an assassins creed game.

Best case scenario is Jesper Kyd coming back, even if in a limited role, to make some ambient tracks. He's had a brwak from the series. Although I'm pretty sure it'll be all Lorne Balfe, who is fine, but he hasn't really shown ambience to be his forte. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

But I'm just gonna go out and say that if this game won't have it, I won't be buying it. Really.

I'm already aware of this thread and i've been a part of it for almost 3 month now :).

moumoun42
03-09-2013, 12:50 AM

I've just played again in New York and all I can say is that it ressembles a bit like Roma's frontier between the countryside and the city(I quite enjoy it) but the lack of ambient music is quite frustrating and so it the music appearing of nowhere when choosing a weapon in your inventory.

TheBearJew32
03-09-2013, 01:33 AM
If Balfe insists there is ambient music, then he should tell Ubi to implement it into the free roam. But my problem is i find it hard to believe it's on Ubi when they got it right with every AC game Kyd composed, then when Balfe has the full reigns it's not there. It could be that Ubisoft left it out. IDK i don't wanna point fingers or blame or come off as an Ahole, it's just this is a big part of AC for me (and many others) and it was sorely missed in AC3

I know Balfe is an amazing composer and i'm looking forward to hearing his art in AC IV (if he returns and if the ambient music is done correctly like the previous AC's...otherwise..GRRRR lol)

heshesh
03-09-2013, 02:54 AM
If Balfe insists there is ambient music, then he should tell Ubi to implement it into the free roam. But my problem is i find it hard to believe it's on Ubi when they got it right with every AC game Kyd composed, then when Balfe has the full reigns it's not there. It could be that Ubisoft left it out. IDK i don't wanna point fingers or blame or come off as an Ahole, it's just this is a big part of AC for me (and many others) and it was sorely missed in AC3

I know Balfe is an amazing composer and i'm looking forward to hearing his art in AC IV (if he returns and if the ambient music is done correctly like the previous AC's...otherwise..GRRRR lol)

I know you're right every time Balfe's involved the ambient music isn't present in a way,maybe he wasn't as passionate as jasper kyd, who knows :).

AdamPearce
03-09-2013, 02:55 AM
Could we actually do a petition to put ambient musics in the actual game?

heshesh
03-09-2013, 02:58 AM
Could we actually do a petition to put ambient musics in the actual game?

Yeah of course there is one actually,https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-we-want-ambient-music-in-assassin-s-creed-black-flag

AdamPearce
03-09-2013, 02:59 AM
I found this looking on Internet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4NfIao-dck :d) Naval Battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig64CNZ1h14 :d) New-York, Boston
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKPNyrKNiZo :d) Frontier

Looks like they had the ambient music but put them off...what the hell?

AdamPearce
03-09-2013, 03:00 AM
Yeah of course there is one actually,https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-we-want-ambient-music-in-assassin-s-creed-black-flag

I was talking about AC3. xD

moumoun42
03-09-2013, 03:03 AM
I was talking about AC3. xD

I know we've did a thread about it (it was created 4 months ago but Ubi didn't do nothing).And they had ambient music but it wasn't present we don't even know why :/.But that's why we want to ensure that there is ambient music in AC ;Black Flag.

heshesh
03-09-2013, 03:07 AM
xD Ubi soft trolled our petition !
They've signed it or it's someone who trolled us :/.

AdamPearce
03-09-2013, 03:24 AM
I know we've did a thread about it (it was created 4 months ago but Ubi didn't do nothing).And they had ambient music but it wasn't present we don't even know why :/.But that's why we want to ensure that there is ambient music in AC ;Black Flag.

Seriously...pfff. When you know that they abdicted for a hood...;(

heshesh
03-09-2013, 04:02 AM
Seriously...pfff. When you know that they abdicted for a hood...;(
Yeah i know right ? :p

gohanks10
03-09-2013, 03:31 PM
@ubisoft just one thing: no ambient music, no buy.

that's all

heshesh
03-09-2013, 04:22 PM
@ubisoft just one thing: no ambient music, no buy.

that's all

Yeah the ambient music really does help the game,and it's presence gives assassin's creed it's soul.If isn't any it's a no-buy for me either.

pirate1802
03-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Find the one who voted no

..and kill him.

heshesh
03-09-2013, 04:33 PM

..and kill him.

Aie Aie Blackbeard

TheBearJew32
03-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Arr off with his head

heshesh
03-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Arr off with his head

Ok so let's go back to the main subject or our thread will be taken out . :)

AjinkyaParuleka
03-09-2013, 05:47 PM

..and kill him.
I am pretty sure its Caesar_of_Rome.

Jarek23
03-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Yes, AC4 needs to see the return of ambient music.

Preferably with Jesper working his ambient magic and Balfe putting that Pirates of the Caribbean resume to work.

The original no ambient music thread is on the first page for most views.

http://i.imgur.com/u09yNeA.jpg

They need to stop ignoring this as clearly the majority of people who play the game, want it back.

heshesh
03-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Yes, AC4 needs to see the return of ambient music.

Preferably with Jesper working his ambient magic and Balfe putting that Pirates of the Caribbean resume to work.

The original no ambient music thread is on the first page for most views.

http://i.imgur.com/u09yNeA.jpg

They need to stop ignoring this as clearly the majority of people who play the game, want it back.

Yeah you're pretty right !
We need that ! But how do you that Jesper kyd is working on AC 4 .? :)

TheBearJew32
03-10-2013, 01:43 AM
just trying to keep this thread bumped. this is probably one of my favorite songs in the AC franchise that plays during free roam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdlmwwRcfog

heshesh
03-10-2013, 04:02 AM
just trying to keep this thread bumped. this is probably one of my favorite songs in the AC franchise that plays during free roam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdlmwwRcfog

Yeah thanks but the point is that Ubisoft needs to listen to us ! So good job keep it up !

BATISTABUS
03-10-2013, 04:52 AM
If Balfe insists there is ambient music, then he should tell Ubi to implement it into the free roam.

But my problem is i find it hard to believe it's on Ubi when they got it right with every AC game Kyd composed, then when Balfe has the full reigns it's not there.
I mean...it's not up to him. He composes what they tell him to, and what they do with that music is up to the programmers.

It's very puzzling to me too, but I think the switch from Kyd to Balfe and the lack of ambient is just a coincidence.

Jarek23
03-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Yeah you're pretty right !
We need that ! But how do you that Jesper kyd is working on AC 4 .? :)

I don't, I would just prefer that he was involved, even if only for the ambient music.

mattduck69
03-10-2013, 06:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64bHnVINLFM

nuff said

poptartz20
03-10-2013, 08:29 AM
you know what... I didn't even notice that Ambient music was absent in AC3 until I read it here. Guess it really didn't bother me this time it was just all so natural for me hearing the sounds of the city and such. So I'm not against it! Considering it was in every other game! I just like the option of turning it on and off.

My poor ol' ps3 has this bad habit of sound skipping. : / so sometimes it's annoying.

x___Luffy___x
03-10-2013, 10:38 AM
i signed the petition . guys you should also sign the petition . not enough signatures yet

mattduck69
03-10-2013, 11:09 AM
SHIZA i posted and said yes but didnt sign it yet! haha just signed

mattduck69
03-10-2013, 11:09 AM
SHIZA i posted and said yes but didnt sign it yet! haha just signed and ill try and see if some people over at the splinter cell forums will sign it :)

Farlander1991
03-10-2013, 11:14 AM
I mean...it's not up to him. He composes what they tell him to, and what they do with that music is up to the programmers.

It's very puzzling to me too, but I think the switch from Kyd to Balfe and the lack of ambient is just a coincidence.

Plus, it's not like Balfe didn't write any ambient music. I mean, there's quite a lot of different ambient music. It just doesn't play outside of missions.

heshesh
03-10-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm gonna try to make this thread on others forums such as the british forum or the aussie try to PASS THE WORD !

heshesh
03-10-2013, 03:06 PM
SHIZA i posted and said yes but didnt sign it yet! haha just signed and ill try and see if some people over at the splinter cell forums will sign it :)

Nice Thanks mate !

lothario-da-be
03-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Looks like i came late to the party,anyway AMBIENT MUSIC MUST RETURN!

Megas_Doux
03-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Count with me :D

Soulid_Snake
03-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Half of what made AC2 awesome was the soundtrack! As relaxing the Ocean might sound, whilst you're freeroaming, it'll surely get boring after a while. Bring back Jesper Kyd, he struck a chord with people (see what I did there?)

roostersrule2
03-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Half of what made AC2 awesome was the soundtrack! As relaxing the Ocean might sound, whilst you're freeroaming, it'll surely get boring after a while. Bring back Jesper Kyd, he struck a chord with people (see what I did there?)Agreed, but I say Kyd for ambience/gameplay and Lorne for cutscenes and whatnot Ala ACR and yes I saw what you did there.

heshesh
03-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Half of what made AC2 awesome was the soundtrack! As relaxing the Ocean might sound, whilst you're freeroaming, it'll surely get boring after a while. Bring back Jesper Kyd, he struck a chord with people (see what I did there?)

XD lawl , but more seriously if you wanna help sign the petition ;).

Soulid_Snake
03-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Agreed, but I say Kyd for ambience/gameplay and Lorne for cutscenes and whatnot Ala ACR and yes I saw what you did there.

For the same reasons, I agree too. They both worked well for Brotherood & Revelations, but like you said, it's imperative Kyd does the ambient and gameplay music.

XD lawl , but more seriously if you wanna help sign the petition ;).

Definitely, anything to support the cause, consider it done.:)

heshesh
03-10-2013, 04:59 PM
For the same reasons, I agree too. They both worked well for Brotherood & Revelations, but like you said, it's imperative Kyd does the ambient and gameplay music.

Definitely, anything to support the cause, consider it done.:)

Thank you much appreciated :)

Soulid_Snake
03-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Thank you much appreciated :)

No worries mate! I also have a idea, put the petition link in you signature,

If you want me to I'll also put it in mine?! The more people that do this, who post around the forums, will get more signatures! And also post the link on the official AC4 FB page.

heshesh
03-10-2013, 05:07 PM
No worries mate! I also have a idea, put the petition link in you signature,

If you want me to I'll also put it in mine?! The more people that do this, who post around the forums, will get more signatures! And also post the link on the official AC4 FB page.

If you wanna help me you're free to do so !
Of course you can put the petition on your signature :).

Soulid_Snake
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
If you wanna help me you're free to do so !
Of course you can put the petition on your signature :).

Thanks, hopefully you'll get your petition completed soon! :)

heshesh
03-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Thanks, hopefully you'll get your petition completed soon! :)

You can help out too by posting in forums of IGN and Gamespot or others :) .

heshesh
03-10-2013, 07:33 PM
A thread has been posted on the IGN forums spread the word :D

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/petition-ubisoft-please-put-ambient-music-while-free-roaming-in-ac-black-flag.452914349/

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/petition-ubisoft-we-want-ambient-music-in-assassins-creed-black-flag.452914358/

moumoun42
03-10-2013, 09:46 PM
A thread has been posted on the IGN forums spread the word :D

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/petition-ubisoft-please-put-ambient-music-while-free-roaming-in-ac-black-flag.452914349/

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/petition-ubisoft-we-want-ambient-music-in-assassins-creed-black-flag.452914358/

Nice ^^

heshesh
03-10-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm trying to tell people about it but the other majority of main gaming websites are just acting like asses...I mean European gaming websites :/

moumoun42
03-11-2013, 01:56 AM
I'm trying to tell people about it but the other majority of main gaming websites are just acting like asses...I mean European gaming websites :/

Yeah you're right :/

bveUSbve
03-11-2013, 08:59 AM
No petition needed. The requirement of ambient music should be self evident.

roostersrule2
03-11-2013, 09:12 AM
No petition needed. The requirement of ambient music should be self evident.Indeed.

TheBearJew32
03-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Wasn't the case with the last game. there needs to be ambient music while free roaming when you're not doing a mission. I do believe that they will have it for this next game though. After reading all the things about how they want you to explore the ocean and find new areas...surely they would know to incorporate it. Otherwise all we'd hear is the ocean, some bells, and a bunch of pirates ramblin.

kesh_362
03-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Get Jesper Kyd back again. Have Jesper do the ambient atmospheric music and Lorne Balfe for the epic dramatic music just like ACR.

kesh_362
03-11-2013, 08:55 PM
I thought no music worked well for the frontier because it really felt like you were alone in the wilderness where everything is dangerous.

lothario-da-be
03-11-2013, 08:56 PM
I thought no music worked well for the frontier because it really felt like you were alone in the wilderness where everything is dangerous.
I agree on this, but it would have added so much in the cities.

heshesh123
03-12-2013, 02:17 PM

But they should have given us a choice :/.

pirate1802
03-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah i never missed the ambient in the Frontiers. I felt one with mother nature :D In cities on the other hand..

uplay.account
03-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Music really has been the best part of AC. Honestly, Jesper Kyd is 50% of Assassins Creed, and AC3 wasn't the same without him. You just can't go back to the cities for a casual stroll around like you could with Venice, Florence etc., it gets boring.

Really hope AC IV has ambient music, now that it's been announced. Best case scenario is Jesper Kyd returns, but I doubt it, Lorne Balfe certainly isn't bad, but his style isn't to my taste. Very Hans Zimmer-esque, while Kyd is a bit more meditative. Maybe 4 is in the template of AC3, so not as much work needs done, and they've got more time to add the music in. Maybe.

Anyways, it's important. I probably won't buy the game without it.

hihioups123
03-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Music really has been the best part of AC. Honestly, Jesper Kyd is 50% of Assassins Creed, and AC3 wasn't the same without him. You just can't go back to the cities for a casual stroll around like you could with Venice, Florence etc., it gets boring.

Really hope AC IV has ambient music, now that it's been announced. Best case scenario is Jesper Kyd returns, but I doubt it, Lorne Balfe certainly isn't bad, but his style isn't to my taste. Very Hans Zimmer-esque, while Kyd is a bit more meditative. Maybe 4 is in the template of AC3, so not as much work needs done, and they've got more time to add the music in. Maybe.

Anyways, it's important. I probably won't buy the game without it.

You're totally right ! We have to keep this thread alive ! And vote for the petition ^^

inferno33222
03-17-2013, 10:50 PM
I don't understand why anyone would vote no... you could always turn music off if you didn't like it.

Only you're a superhuman who can fight a pack of wolves, a cougar, and a bear.

TheBearJew32
03-18-2013, 03:21 AM
Where are the explanations from those who voted no? I'm just curious, i think ambient music only helps and adds to the game, not hinder or have any negative effect. All AC soundtracks are amazing.

Assassin_M
03-18-2013, 03:25 AM
Those who voted no, voted no for a petition...not necessarily no for ambient music and they`re right, we do not need petitions, they do not work; Just keep this thread alive...

pirate1802
03-18-2013, 03:53 AM
I don't understand why anyone would vote no... you could always turn music off if you didn't like it.

Ze should be banned from zese forums!

bveUSbve
03-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Those who voted no, voted no for a petition...
That's right.

Petitions for video games are generally childish. Either a game producer's "artistic vision" conforms sufficiently to my preferences, then I will buy the product. Or it does not - then I won't buy. (Or at least not as long as it costs a significant amount of money.)

Of course it's a good thing to give feedback. And by now *we* have made abundantly clear that *we* want ambient music in AC games.

In fact, I have to wonder how anyone in their right mind ever could have thought otherwise and excluded it from ACIII? After previous games being widely praised for the superb atmosphere their great soundtrack provided?

Soulid_Snake
03-19-2013, 12:53 AM
Maybe AC didn't have ambient music because Balfe couldn't do it justice.

bveUSbve
03-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Since I don't like Balfe's music nearly as much as I did Kyd's for ACII/Brotherhood I tend to share your doubt ...

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Maybe AC didn't have ambient music because Balfe couldn't do it justice.There are some decent unreleased and unused Ambient tracks from AC3.

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Really ? Come back when you listen to the unreleased tracks...or even the released ones....Welcome to Boston and Homestead are great tracks..

Hating and bias should not include ignorance..

TheBearJew32
03-20-2013, 01:55 AM
I don't care who does the soundtrack at this point between Balfe or Kyd. Just have background music while free roaming, It adds longevity. its nice to just take time and explore areas while hearing the tracks. On that note, I do have faith they will get it right with how much exploring is said to be done . it would... be lifeless? get boring? without it. Time will tell. Since apparently there won't be a confirmation via twitter or anything, will the only way to find out if ambient music is in is to wait til release?

Megas_Doux
03-20-2013, 02:00 AM

There IS very good music in both the main story and the DLC, what happens is that you don get to hear it.....
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltK9T-2EE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FccObUK1p6I

So eerie and fitting!

Soulid_Snake
03-20-2013, 03:19 AM
Really ? Come back when you listen to the unreleased tracks...or even the released ones....Welcome to Boston and Homestead are great tracks..

Hating and bias should not include ignorance..

Strong words, you're confusing, "hate" with dislike, and, "bias" with preference! I liked a few of Balfe's tracks for AC3, but nothing to the level of what Kyd did for AC2. At the end of the day, it's what floats your boat (in AC4's case, ship).

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 03:31 AM
Please tell me you don't really think this. AC3 does have ambient music, it just doesn't play after you beat the game for some reason.

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 03:32 AM
Strong words, you're confusing, "hate" with dislike, and, "bias" with preference! I liked a few of Balfe's tracks for AC3, but nothing to the level of what Kyd did for AC2. At the end of the day, it's what floats your boat (in AC4's case, ship).
Oh no it is bias..When you prefer Kyd`s music over Balfe then that`s fine, but when you claim that maybe Balfe wouldn't do ambient music "justice" then that`s bias...if not blatant ignorance..You made ambient music exclusive to Jesper Kyd and that`s BS

and I`m sorry for using the "strong word" hate (which is essentially the same synonym for dislike, but apparently it`s a a stronger word)

Finally, I didn't laugh at that AC4 jab... wasn't remotely funny

joey-4321_web
03-20-2013, 03:32 AM

Then why do I remember the more track names from AC3 then AC2?

joey-4321_web
03-20-2013, 03:34 AM

Cant wait to captain that ship and just OWN everybody

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 03:36 AM
Then why do I remember the more track names from AC3 then AC2?
Same here. Honestly, this Balfe "dislike" is completely ridiculous. I understand liking the sounds of Renaissance Italy more than colonial America, but to say that Balfe is ANY less talented than Kyd is ridiculous.

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 03:45 AM
but to say that Balfe is ANY less talented than Kyd is ridiculous.
Agreed..

Preferences are one thing, but claiming that one is less talented than the other, because you simply prefer one over the other is false...

I`ll admit that Hearth and Ezio`s family were my all time favorite tracks. didn't make me think less of Balfe, but after the Infamy DLC, those 2 tracks were replaced with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvZeiUqIMq0
and THAT, didn't make me think any less of Kyd`s awesome work on past ACs

Soulid_Snake
03-20-2013, 03:58 AM
Oh no it is bias..When you prefer Kyd`s music over Balfe then that`s fine, but when you claim that maybe Balfe wouldn't do ambient music "justice" then that`s bias...if not blatant ignorance..You made ambient music exclusive to Jesper Kyd and that`s BS

and I`m sorry for using the "strong word" hate (which is essentially the same synonym for dislike, but apparently it`s a a stronger word)

Wow, so you're telling me just because you like something, that me experiencing will have the same effect? Well obviously it didn't.

"Hate" drives emotion, whereas as "Dislike" is a preference. By your logic a, "Dislike" campaign should exist, shouldn't it?

joey-4321_web
03-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Agreed..

Preferences are one thing, but claiming that one is less talented than the other, because you simply prefer one over the other is false...

I`ll admit that Hearth and Ezio`s family were my all time favorite tracks. didn't make me think less of Balfe, but after the Infamy DLC, those 2 tracks were replaced with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvZeiUqIMq0
and THAT, didn't make me think any less of Kyd`s awesome work on past ACs

I hate the commercial version of the track. The notes are the same but The quality of the music seems very low compared to the game rip version of the music. I remember reading an article about this sort of thing though.

pirate1802
03-20-2013, 04:09 AM
Wut? Balfe makes awesome ambient tracks, its just the devs didn't enable them! Welcome to Boston and Through the Frontier has to be one of the best ambient tracks in the franchise! Whatever people are smoking these days..

EDIT: And add What Came Before for the modern day missions.. absolutely brilliant.

TheBearJew32
03-20-2013, 04:36 AM
Please tell me you don't really think this. AC3 does have ambient music, it just doesn't play after you beat the game for some reason.

No, it wasn't there before. The main complaint is there is no ambient music while free-roaming (at all) in AC3. There is only music when you are in the middle of a mission or sometimes fighting guards in high alert.

And it needs to be brought back like how it was in AC1- ACR, it makes you appreciate the setting more and and adds to the atmosphere/mood of the game and on and on.... Do not bicker about who should do the soundtrack or who is better, instead bicker about why the monkey it was absent in AC3 and ask for it to return.

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 04:45 AM
No, it wasn't there before. The main complaint is there is no ambient music while free-roaming (at all) in AC3. There is only music when you are in the middle of a mission or sometimes fighting guards in high alert.

And it needs to be brought back like how it was in AC1- ACR, it makes you appreciate the setting more and and adds to the atmosphere/mood of the game and on and on.... Do not bicker about who should do the soundtrack or who is better, instead bicker about why the monkey it was absent in AC3 and ask for it to return.
There are plenty of "ambient" tracks in the game that play during the main story, but you're right that they're not there for free roam at all. I mis-worded it.

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Wow, so you're telling me just because you like something, that me experiencing will have the same effect? Well obviously it didn't.

"Hate" drives emotion, whereas as "Dislike" is a preference. By your logic a, "Dislike" campaign should exist, shouldn't it?
I don't know which part of my post you did not read, but you obviously have some issues with your reading skills or your comprehension skills, because no where did I say that just because I liked something you have to too..that`s just absurd...

Nothing too complicated about what I said regarding hate and dislike. I simply stated that there`s not much of a difference between the two...they both have the same context, but since you take offense to it, I`ll take it back..

Dislike and bias should not include ignorance...

bveUSbve
03-20-2013, 08:07 AM
It's futile to argue the "objective" quality of music. What matters to me in the end is if I like something or not. And I have to say, despite Balfe certainly is "competent" I simply don't really like most of his stuff very much. To me most of it sounds "generic" (yes, that's an opinion, no universal truth).

By the way, *you* pro Balfe people also generalize your subjective preferences, example:
"And add What Came Before for the modern day missions.. absolutely brilliant."

but to say that Balfe is ANY less talented than Kyd is ridiculous.
No, it's not ridiculous but also "just" an opinion. (And that should be clear, if you are not purposefully looking out for a reason to attack people who may have different preferences than yourself.)

Anyway, of course I cannot be sure, since I don't know HOW Balfe's ambient-music would have been utilized, had it been utilized. But I don't think I would want to hear any of the tracks presented here on a very regular basis. To my gaming experience they probably might be moderately beneficial(?) only if they played just once in a while.

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 08:13 AM
It's futile to argue the "objective" quality of music. What matters to me in the end is if I like something or not. And I have to say, despite Balfe certainly is "competent" I simply don't really like most of his stuff very much. To me most of it sounds "generic" (yes, that's an opinion, no universal truth).

That`s actually what I was saying. you`re free to like or dislike...it`s your right and no one can touch you then

By the way, *you* pro Balfe people also generalize your subjective preferences, example:
"And add What Came Before for the modern day missions.. absolutely brilliant."
how Ironic, says we generalize then goes on to generalize all the "Pro balfe" people by the post of one and btw, I liked Kyd as well, but apparently you were trying to make a false point, but failed..

No, it's not ridiculous but also "just" an opinion. (And that should be clear, if you are not purposefully looking out for a reason to attack people who may have different preferences than yourself.)
Nope...saying that a composer is inferior in talent is actually an insult to his/her fans...its not fair to hold the composer YOU like in a higher pedestal than a composer you don't...it implies that said fans of this "inferior" artist are just as inferior in taste as he/she is which is of course, absurd

who`s looking for reasons to attack people who may share different preferences again ?

bveUSbve
03-20-2013, 08:25 AM
@Assassin_M:

When reading in these forums frequently it's unavoidable to stumble regularly upon one of your countless postings. Honestly, I'm not interested in debating with you (any more), because that also is futile - in my opinion ...

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 08:29 AM
@Assassin_M:

When reading in these forums frequently it's unavoidable to stumble regularly upon one of your countless postings. Honestly, I'm not interested in debating with you (any more), because that also is futile - in my opinion ...
Well you`re wrong on 2 accounts actually...

It IS avoidable...and they`re not countless...You can`t count to thirteen thousand, two hundred and eighty one ? thirteen thousand, two hindered and eighty two as of this post ?

Now that that`s out of the way, as you wish...I had no interest in debating either...I was correcting a wrong in your and Soulidsnake`s posts..

ZeSpecter
03-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Some epic Pirates of the Caribbean-themed music in the background? That would be so fricken' awesome.

nitres15
03-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Jesper+Lorne=awesome soundtrack. It worked in ACR, so iŽd say they should to it again

Soulid_Snake
03-20-2013, 07:16 PM
I don't know which part of my post you did not read, but you obviously have some issues with your reading skills or your comprehension skills, because no where did I say that just because I liked something you have to too..that`s just absurd...

Ok, so what's the following implying:

It's obvious you love Balfe's music. I went, listened to tracks, I like a few of them, not love. So after me going and listening to them, you expect me to share the same opinion as you?

As for Jesper Kyd, I love a lot of his music, he's struck a cord with me, in the same way Balfe has with you. And that's my opinion, as

bveUSbve

rightly said. How can a opinion be right or wrong?

Nothing too complicated about what I said regarding hate and dislike. I simply stated that there`s not much of a difference between the two...they both have the same context, but since you take offense to it, I`ll take it back..

Dislike and bias should not include ignorance...

And like you said there is a, "difference" between the words.

So answer me this, do you love your family or do you like them?

I didn't take offense, I'm surprised for someone who's made over 13,000 posts, can't tell the difference between an opinion and a attack.

So in my initial post, that started all of this, in what way did I imply I, "Hate" Balfes Music or Him as a person? And I suggest you look at one of my earlier posts in this thread if you think that is the case.

You obviously have problems with your comprehension skills.

Frank9182011
03-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Do we have any indication of who will be working on the music for Black Flag?

Is Balfe returning?

The reason I ask is simple... If Jesper returns, I think the likelihood of ambient music making a comeback is greater. Here's to hoping for that Jesper confirmation!

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 07:54 PM

Is Balfe returning?

The reason I ask is simple... If Jesper returns, I think the likelihood of ambient music making a comeback is greater. Here's to hoping for that Jesper confirmation!
for the hundredth time, ambient music is not exclusive to Jesper Kyd -_-

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Talent isn't totally subjective. You can objectively and critically look at someones work to determine how much they've mastered the craft. Considering Balfe's resume, I'd say he's done pretty well. In fact, I bet most musical enthusiasts would say Balfe is a better composer than Kyd. I'M not necessarily saying that, but you can't just say talent is totally up to preference...because it's not. Just because you hate a genre of music, it doesn't mean those musicians are not talented.

Either way, it doesn't matter what the Balfe haters think, as Ubisoft must have had a reason for hiring him and not even asking Kyd to return.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 09:08 PM

Is Balfe returning?

It's not up to the composer. Whether or not there will be ambient music is a choice of the development team, not Jesper or Lorne.

HeedfulMass4856
03-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Ubisoft had better bring this back; if they were smart, they would have figured out by now that comments from fans like "After this game is over, it feels empty" and "Where the **** is the background music in this game!" stems from ACIII not having ambient free-roam music. I think if Ubisoft actually reads our pleas and stuff, we'll be getting ambient music in ACIV.

BigTrevor94
03-21-2013, 04:39 AM
In Brotherhood with the (best I can describe as Opera) in the background riding on a horse, it really...immersed me in the game like omg, some chick is singing in the coliseum or something lol, I felt like I was there, I think ambient music should be in every game, whether it be this game or even Halo, it helps gamer get more involved with the game like they are actually there

BATISTABUS
03-21-2013, 04:48 AM
What really irked me was that there was no ambient music in single player, but the multiplayer was completely packed with it. If anything, I'd prefer NOT to have music play during multiplayer matches. It's distracting, usually unfitting, and masks some environmental noises.

Jarek23
03-21-2013, 05:12 AM
What really irked me was that there was no ambient music in single player, but the multiplayer was completely packed with it. If anything, I'd prefer NOT to have music play during multiplayer matches. It's distracting, usually unfitting, and masks some environmental noises.

I love that the MP has music, it's one of the few games that does. Makes it much better imo.

pirate1802
03-21-2013, 05:22 AM
I love that the MP has music, it's one of the few games that does. Makes it much better imo.

Same here. Really gets me in dat sneaking and killin' mood. Though yes, the music is recycled from ACR MP, so I can see why it may seen ill-fitting.

Jarek23
03-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Same here. Really gets me in dat sneaking and killin' mood. Though yes, the music is recycled from ACR MP, so I can see why it may seen ill-fitting.

Yeah it didn't bother me that it was the same music to be honest, although I won't lie and say I wouldn't mind some new MP music. I'd just hate to see it go, music is a vital core to AC games.

I was listening to the AC1 soundtrack the other day and I never noticed it before but the whispers you hear in MP are taken from AC1.

Right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AnkFh-3iy7A#t=751s
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AnkFh-3iy7A#t=751s)

BATISTABUS
03-21-2013, 06:52 AM
I was listening to the AC1 soundtrack the other day and I never noticed it before but the whispers you hear in MP are taken from AC1.
That might be why I didn't know whispers were a thing until Revelations came out. xD

UrDeviant1
03-21-2013, 06:59 AM
6 people voted no?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7xxdcwS921r74ytao1_1280.jpg

Jarek23
03-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Just noticed...why did OP get banned?

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 07:09 AM
hmm...that`s peculiar...

BATISTABUS
03-21-2013, 07:35 AM
hmm...that`s peculiar...
The Ubisoft ambient-music-inserting staff must've had enough of his meddling and put a stop to it...

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 07:36 AM
The Ubisoft ambient-music-inserting staff must've had enough of his meddling and put a stop to it...
sounds legit

hihioups123
03-21-2013, 12:38 PM

Yes :)
A moderator banned my account because they are multiple accounts on my I.P address and he/she thought I had many accounts on purpose but actually it's my brothers who's living in the same house. And since then i haven't been able to contact any of the moderators to contact them about that .
But hey i'm proud of you guys keep it up ^^ ! We can reach our goal !

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 01:10 PM
I personaly think they will not leave out ambient music this time around purely because the backlash from AC3 that thenfans was not happy about no ambient music in the Frontier , was not much of a problem for me bcause i enjoyed the ambient sounds of the Animals which added the touch of realism.

I do have one point to raise with AC4 though, i want ambient music in the cities but think about this when your sailing from location to location would you not prefer the sounds of the waves and the tropical beaches rather than ambient music ?.. Defo music for the cities but i am 50 50 for the beaches.

Frank9182011
03-21-2013, 03:46 PM
for the hundredth time, ambient music is not exclusive to Jesper Kyd -_-

It's not up to the composer. Whether or not there will be ambient music is a choice of the development team, not Jesper or Lorne.

Well, that was misconstrued quickly.

My post was simply an observation of the following: when we've had Jesper, we've had ambient music. Why? Of course we don't know. My post is not attempting to conflate correlation with causation. I am aware that we do not have causation; we do, however, have correlation. When Jesper has been there, so has ambient music.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Well, that was misconstrued quickly.

My post was simply an observation of the following: when we've had Jesper, we've had ambient music. Why? Of course we don't know. My post is not attempting to conflate correlation with causation. I am aware that we do not have causation; we do, however, have correlation. When Jesper has been there, so has ambient music.

But we had Ambient Music with Lorne Balf in Revelations and i think Revelations had some of the best Music i have the soundtrack on my imac, Wether people had a problem or not with no ambient music in AC3 my opinion is that it never was a major issue for me because i thought the ambient sounds in the frontier captured the mood perfectly like the singing of the birds in the back ground, this is just a matter of peoples opinion but this was ubi's creative decision, wether Jesper Kyd or Lorne Balfe was scoring the soundtrack the result would have been the same because this was ubi's creative choice.

Jarek23
03-21-2013, 10:02 PM
But we had Ambient Music with Lorne Balf in Revelations and i think Revelations had some of the best Music i have the soundtrack on my imac, Wether people had a problem or not with no ambient music in AC3 my opinion is that it never was a major issue for me because i thought the ambient sounds in the frontier captured the mood perfectly like the singing of the birds in the back ground, this is just a matter of peoples opinion but this was ubi's creative decision, wether Jesper Kyd or Lorne Balfe was scoring the soundtrack the result would have been the same because this was ubi's creative choice.

Both Lorne and Jesper worked on Revelations. Lorne composed the main theme, the cut scenes and the multiplayer. While Jesper did all the ambient tracks for each sequence, few for tombs/lairs and a few for the Desmond sequences. Thought everyone knew this? Jesper has a very distinct sound, he shouldn't be confused with Balfe.

So yeah it does add up, but it's just a coincidence, the devs decided to leave it out for whatever ridiculous reason.

Ambient - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adpdR5kWtRQ

Tomb - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qjjqh2-LOo

Desmond - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzPNV4Ny4_Q

inferno33222
03-21-2013, 11:48 PM
I heard that they want to do for pirates what Red Dead did for cowboys, and if they want to truly do that, they need music. Part of what made Red Dead so fantastic was its amazing soundtrack and ambient music that really catches the mood of the world so well. I love just walking through that world.

LoyalACFan
03-22-2013, 12:07 AM
I heard that they want to do for pirates what Red Dead did for cowboys, and if they want to truly do that, they need music. Part of what made Red Dead so fantastic was its amazing soundtrack and ambient music that really catches the mood of the world so well. I love just walking through that world.

Agreed, Red Dead has possibly the greatest ambient soundtrack of any game ever. Even better than AC2, and that's saying something.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 12:11 AM
Agreed, Red Dead has possibly the greatest ambient soundtrack of any game ever. Even better than AC2, and that's saying something.
Nothing has beaten the final ride back to his ranch...

That song gave me goosebumps..

LoyalACFan
03-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Nothing has beaten the final ride back to his ranch...

That song gave me goosebumps..

Me too, though I wouldn't necessarily call that an "ambient" score since it was used specifically for that scene.

But yeah... Good stuff ;)

hihioups123
03-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Me too, though I wouldn't necessarily call that an "ambient" score since it was used specifically for that scene.

But yeah... Good stuff ;)

We need ambient music ^^

Mad_Fox84
03-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Yes please Ubi. It adds so much to the game. I want the same feeling that I had free roaming in Ezio's games. The ambient music adds immersion to the world.

MadJC1986
03-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Aslong as ambient music is good, I want it back, too.
But the ambient music you heared in AC3 when starting a fight or climping a tall building, was kinda annoying.

hihioups123
03-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Yes please Ubi. It adds so much to the game. I want the same feeling that I had free roaming in Ezio's games. The ambient music adds immersion to the world.

Guys if you wanna help sign the petition ! ^^

TheBearJew32
04-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Hearing the news about Balfe not returning for AC4 makes me a little nervous, cuz it's unlikely that Kyd will return, and i'd rather have it either Kyd or Balfe...unless if they bring Hans Zimmer..John Williams..Howard Shore haha

Rugterwyper32
04-10-2013, 10:35 PM
I do think a new composer could bring new life into the series and maybe they could get something that really works for the game. Andreas Waldetoft and Jeremy Soule would be among me first choices to make a soundtrack (maybe I'm biased though).

uplay.account
05-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Hearing the news about Balfe not returning for AC4 makes me a little nervous, cuz it's unlikely that Kyd will return, and i'd rather have it either Kyd or Balfe...unless if they bring Hans Zimmer..John Williams..Howard Shore haha

Wait a minute, Balfe isn't returning? When did this news come out? Can you give me a link? Balfe was more of a film composer; his music was good, but it didn't work as well for a video game, imho. That was partly the reason why we didn't get ambient. Maybe a change of composer will do something about it.

overdidd
05-01-2013, 07:37 PM
I hope you've learned from your mistakes ubi. GIVE US AMBIENT MUSIC

ACfan443
05-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Wait a minute, Balfe isn't returning? When did this news come out? Can you give me a link? Balfe was more of a film composer; his music was good, but it didn't work as well for a video game, imho. That was partly the reason why we didn't get ambient. Maybe a change of composer will do something about it.

He confirmed it on his twitter https://www.twitter.com/Lornebalfe/status/321431315641679872

Shahkulu101
05-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Does anyone else get ambient music in AC3 for a short time? I noticed this at the start of sequence 9 when you are fast forward to the frontier on horseback after connor has an argument with Achilles. I also get it when I desynchronize or fast travel. It's always in the frontier and always the same song that eventually ends and then I'm left with nothing.

Bashilir
05-02-2013, 12:47 AM
I actually like hearing the noises of the cities and the bustling markets in AC3. It feels alot more alive so.. I'll just turn music off, I suppose.

EllisEverTellYa
05-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Yes Of course! Ambient music is great, but I am not gonna listen to it, I always put my own music while playing! ;)

ACRules2
05-02-2013, 01:58 AM
Bring it back. It is kinda... depressing, in a way, free-roaming New York and especially the Frontier, with no music like in previous games.
Please Ubi, bring it back.

FR0ZENZiNE
05-02-2013, 05:04 AM
btw this guy who signed as darby mcdevitt is a fake...