PDA

View Full Version : Co-Op Single Player(or something like it)

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 05:30 AM
So, my brother and I have played a lot of AC3, and we both loved it.

Which makes me think....is it possible they could add Co-Op? I don't care if its just some specific missions, or just in general throughout, but it would be so cool.

They could just make you a no-name Assassin, or they could make you a named Assassin. Or just a crew member. I don't care, I just want Co-Op!

PREFERABLY split-screen, but online only would be ok as well....I guess.

sticks165
03-05-2013, 05:44 AM
nope.

rupok2
03-05-2013, 05:45 AM
They already have coop, go play that and don't get your bs in my singleplayer game. I swear you casuals ruin every franchise.

Sorry but I get really annoyed at these kinds of posts.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 05:49 AM
nope.

:(

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 05:52 AM
They already have coop, go play that and don't get your bs in my singleplayer game. I swear you casuals ruin every franchise.

Nice try. Had you actually played Wolfpack you'd have seen its nothing like campaign co-op. Also, off with that attitude. AC belongs as much to us "casuals" (gotta love that. Since we have an interest set different than yours we're the casuals) as to you "elitists". "my" singleplayer... lol. What's wrong with an optional co-op anyway? Don't like it.. don't play it.

rupok2
03-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Nice try. Had you actually played Wolfpack you'd have seen its nothing like campaign co-op. Also, off with that attitude. AC belongs as much to us "casuals" (gotta love that. Since we have an interest set different than yours we're the casuals) as to you "elitists". "my" singleplayer... lol.

Thanks for partaking in the movement of destroying single player games.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 05:56 AM
Thanks for partaking in the movement of destroying single player games.

Glad I'm destroying your singleplayer games. Cry me a river..

rupok2
03-05-2013, 06:00 AM
Glad I'm destroying your singleplayer games. Cry me a river..

Tell me why exactly do I and many of the fanbase have to suffer and miss out on the story cause you people want to run around with your friends killing everything in sight? What percent of people who play coop actually immerse themselves in the story and not just fool around? Why exactly do you want to ruin a solo experience when you and many others will just skip through the story anyways in coop?

Ya maybe YOU might care about the coop campaign not doubting it but most people when they play with friends do not care about story at all. They skip cutscenes, dialogue and/or just outright ignore everything. People just do stupid crap while playing with friends, I am not saying thats a bad thing but adding coop has negative implications on story and solo experience without much benefit to people who want coop.

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 06:06 AM
Well this got out of hand quickly...

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 06:08 AM
Tell me why exactly do I and many of the fanbase have to suffer and miss out on the story cause you people want to run around with your friends killing everything in sight?

Optional Co-op. Core campaign with all the main missions remains in singleplayer. Wanna know some extra stuff? Play co-op. Can't be bothered? Then Ok, they were some background tidbits anyway. Same with MP.

What percent of people who play coop actually immerse themselves in the story and not just fool around?

I assure you many do. Otherwise they'd not be asking for campaign co-op. They'd he happy with the Wanted-with-AIs Wolfpack is.

Why exactly do you want to ruin a solo experience when you and many others will just skip through the story anyways in coop?

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions.. again: OPTIONAL co-op. I fail to see how a completely optional co-op "ruins" the singleplayer experience. Did the singleplayer of Conviction become less enjoyable because there was an added co-op mode?

dAnNyKiLlZ
03-05-2013, 06:09 AM
I would love it if they added co-op as long as it didn't take away anything from the game. As much as I love the game and am serious about the story, I wouldn't mind having some
fun with friends irl. Assassinating people together with a friend seems really fun.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 06:10 AM

Sorry but I get a little pissed when someone treats a game as his personal property, writing off what others want and imposing his own views on them. This kind of attitude reminds me of two words: Entitlement and elitism.

rupok2
03-05-2013, 06:11 AM
I would love it if they added co-op as long as it didn't take away anything from the game. As much as I love the game and am serious about the story, I wouldn't mind having some
fun with friends irl. Assassinating people together with a friend seems really fun.

And you have it in wolfpack. I played it and its fun with friends but thats the most they should do with coop in a game so heavily story influenced.

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 06:11 AM
Sorry but I get a little pissed when someone treats a game as his personal property, writing off what others want and imposing his own views on them. This kind of attitude reminds me of two words: Entitlement and elitism.

Lol, that wasn't really directed at you, but apology accepted I guess :p

dAnNyKiLlZ
03-05-2013, 06:16 AM
And you have it in wolfpack. I played it and its fun with friends but thats the most they should do with coop in a game so heavily story influenced.
wolfpack is a very limited mode, though. why wouldn't they be able to pull it off with AC? look at other games like the Halo franchise. They have a good story line which didn't get affected by the addition of co-op.

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Tell me why exactly do I and many of the fanbase have to suffer and miss out on the story cause you people want to run around with your friends killing everything in sight? What percent of people who play coop actually immerse themselves in the story and not just fool around? Why exactly do you want to ruin a solo experience when you and many others will just skip through the story anyways in coop?

Who said that? I've played several games in Co-Op, the most recent being Halo 4, and my brother and I do it for the story as much as for the fun of running around killing mofos. Playing with a friend in any gems generally increases the fun factor by 100% per.

Ya maybe YOU might care about the coop campaign not doubting it but most people when they play with friends do not care about story at all. They skip cutscenes, dialogue and/or just outright ignore everything. People just do stupid crap while playing with friends, I am not saying thats a bad thing but adding coop has negative implications on story and solo experience without much benefit to people who want coop.

What? How? All I'm asking is for the ability to have co-op throughout the SP campaign. How the hell does that ruin the story? I LOVE storylines, more so than you I would bet. When I was into Halo I learned every little thing I could about it.

Simply because I like enjoying something with a friend does not mean I want to skip every cutscene. Having that, "Whoa" revelation moment in a games story is so much more fun with a friend.

And no, Wolfpack isn't real fun for Co-Op. It gets boring after a couple games, and 99% of the time my team sucks.

rupok2
03-05-2013, 06:19 AM
Optional Co-op. Core campaign with all the main missions remains in singleplayer. Wanna know some extra stuff? Play co-op. Can't be bothered? Then Ok, they were some background tidbits anyway. Same with MP.

I assure you many do. Otherwise they'd not be asking for campaign co-op. They'd he happy with the Wanted-with-AIs Wolfpack is.

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions.. again: OPTIONAL co-op. I fail to see how a completely optional co-op "ruins" the singleplayer experience. Did the singleplayer of Conviction become less enjoyable because there was an added co-op mode?

I hate that they integrated story in mp as well so that point won't work on me. Optional or not it takes away from the story just like the mp stuff does which could have easily been made into glyphs.

I am assuming things? Really? Cause I seen pretty much everyone who play coop whether it be friends or someone online or people I know don't give a shi about complicated story in coop. The people who come on these forums and ask about it are a minority.

Splintercell and AC are not the same, splintercell has a almost generic level story and thats why it works there.

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:19 AM
wolfpack is a very limited mode, though. why wouldn't they be able to pull it off with AC? look at other games like the Halo franchise. They have a good story line which didn't get affected by the addition of co-op.

This so much. Halo, Borderlands, Resident Evil, ect. are GREAT examples of how Co-Op can seamlessly be added, and the story is unaffected.

But, I'm sorry, I guess the story is all that matters. Who gives a **** about this "fun" thing anyways?

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:21 AM

http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/2/24/Boy-that-escalated-quickly_zps178aa246.jpg

rupok2
03-05-2013, 06:23 AM
This so much. Halo, Borderlands, Resident Evil, ect. are GREAT examples of how Co-Op can seamlessly be added, and the story is unaffected.

But, I'm sorry, I guess the story is all that matters. Who gives a **** about this "fun" thing anyways?

Funny you should mention those cause I personally think those games have either very generic stories or they are loosely story oriented so coop works in those games well. And yes I think the Halo Story is very generic, sorry if that makes you angry.

Story doesn't matter huh? Well some people can have fun without any story so how about we just drop everything story related in AC since most customers of the franchise nowadays only care about EXPLOSIONS anyways.

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Funny you should mention those cause I personally think those games have either very generic stories or they are loosely story oriented so coop works in those games well. And yes I think the Halo Story is very generic sorry if that makes you mad.

I would argue with you all day on how much superior Halo's story is to Assassin's Creed. All. Fvcking. Day.

AND I would win. Cause it is.

Now, Borderlands 1/2 granted are for a more silly narrative, but RE has a really well done story as well.

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Guess I never actually responded to the OP...

I don't want any part of the story to be co-op, but I wouldn't mind a more in-depth co-op MP mode that controls more like the SP. Basically what I'm asking for is free-roam MP akin to that of Red Dead. Complete with the crowds, guard squads, etc. Even if they just boxed in one city with those white Animus walls to let you roam around instead of the whole map, that would be fine. But imagine a 4-person co-op mode where you get your choice of Altair, Ezio, Connor, or Edward to wreak havoc with your buddies ;)

rupok2
03-05-2013, 06:27 AM

I would argue with you all day on how much superior Halo's story is to Assassin's Creed. All. Fvcking. Day.

AND I would win. Cause it is.

Now, Borderlands 1/2 granted are for a more silly narrative, but RE has a really well done story as well.

Halo Story superior? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for making my night really thanks.

You guys think just because something is a console exclusive its the BEST THING EVAR.

rupok2
03-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Guess I never actually responded to the OP...

I don't want any part of the story to be co-op, but I wouldn't mind a more in-depth co-op MP mode that controls more like the SP. Basically what I'm asking for is free-roam MP akin to that of Red Dead. Complete with the crowds, guard squads, etc. Even if they just boxed in one city with those white Animus walls to let you roam around instead of the whole map, that would be fine. But imagine a 4-person co-op mode where you get your choice of Altair, Ezio, Connor, or Edward to wreak havoc with your buddies ;)

And thus reduce them to nothing but character models.

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 06:31 AM
And thus reduce them to nothing but character models.

That's what ANY MP character is. They can't have one character vastly more powerful than the other.

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Halo Story superior? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for making my night really thanks.

You guys think just because something is a console exclusive its the BEST THING EVAR.

Well, lets see. First, it actually does the whole ancient aliens thing well, and not make it cheesy to the greatest degree.

Second, it's not forced to change protagonist every other game, so it can have actual development there. And third, when a main character, thats been with the series since the beginning, dies in the third game, and fourth, PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARED.

And I'm not even gonna begin on the structure of the Covenant/Forerunner society, books, comics, ect.

rupok2
03-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Well, lets see. First, it actually does the whole ancient aliens thing well, and not make it cheesy to the greatest degree.

Second, it's not forced to change protagonist every other game, so it can have actual development there. And third, when a main character, thats been with the series since the beginning, dies in the third game, and fourth, PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARED.

And I'm not even gonna begin on the structure of the Covenant/Forerunner society, books, comics, ect.

My friend who plays on xbox and is just like you halo fans. I played all the games cause he told me its the greatest thing ever and I didn't care even a bit, I was bored half the time. Its one the most generic story in fps games, maybe its good in your standards I guess. The gameplay is decent yes but story is meh.

But we are getting offtopic so I am not gonna talk about this anymore.

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:37 AM
My friend who plays on xbox and is just like you halo fans. I played all the games cause he told me its the greatest thing ever and I didn't care even a bit, I was bored half the time. Its one the most generic story in fps games, maybe its good in your standards I guess.

If you go into a game thinking "This is gonna be stupid." guess what your gonna get from it?

rupok2
03-05-2013, 06:38 AM
That's what ANY MP character is. They can't have one character vastly more powerful than the other.

But why not just use the same mp skins instead of sp ancestors. I like your idea tbh I wouldn't mind it, but just saying.

If you go into a game thinking "This is gonna be stupid." guess what your gonna get from it?

Who said I did? I formed my opinion after played all the games.

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:42 AM
But why not just use the same mp skins instead of sp ancestors. I like your idea tbh I wouldn't mind it, but just saying.

I do agreed with this. No reason to have the SP ancestors.

Who said I did? I formed my opinion after played all the games.

Which in all honesty is not where the story is at. The first three, I will grant you, tend to have a pretty generic story. Halo 4 actually tried, as did Reach and ODST, but if you just take Halo CE-3 at face value, they can seem generic. Though I loved the Arbiter story from Halo 2. It's the books, and back stories that add so much to it.

xx-pyro
03-05-2013, 06:46 AM
If they could add it I think it'd be cool, would be fun to trash around with friends sometimes. And I lold at the guy who thinks someone wanting co-op is a casual, the only true "hardcore" gamers are the ones who play professionally, meaning hardcore gamers are RESTRICTED to multiplayer games like DoTA, LoL, and yes even Call of Duty.

That being said, I'm a single player PC gamer myself (except AC, which I play on PS3/PS4 when it comes out.)

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 07:37 AM
]Ya maybe YOU might care about the coop campaign not doubting it but most people when they play with friends do not care about story at all. They skip cutscenes, dialogue and/or just outright ignore everything. People just do stupid crap while playing with friends, I am not saying thats a bad thing but adding coop has negative implications on story and solo experience without much benefit to people who want coop.

You seem to have a tunneled view of these "people who play with friends". This statement: most people who play with friends don't care about the story at all.. is as wrong as it gets. Maybe the people around you do this but none of my friends do it. In any co-op game we play we rarely skip cutscenes, we watch them out full. Only on second or third playthroughs do we skip things.

I hate that they integrated story in mp as well so that point won't work on me. Optional or not it takes away from the story just like the mp stuff does which could have easily been made into glyphs.

Again, those are OPTIONAL stuff not in any way central to understanding the main story. What has learning about the Redcoat's past got to do with the main story? She doesn't even exist in the singleplayer. What has Abstergo advertisements got to do with the main story? These are just additional info. You might as well complain against Liberation, or the Facebook or PSP games because they don't let you experience parts of the SP storyline. If you want additional info, play additional stuff, simple as that. Its not like they revealed Lucy was a Templar in the MP did they?

I am assuming things? Really? Cause I seen pretty much everyone who play coop whether it be friends or someone online or people I know don't give a shi about complicated story in coop. The people who come on these forums and ask about it are a minority.

Then expand your circle of friends. Its incredibly naive to say most players who play co-op don't care about the story. Play Dead Space 3 if you want to know what a complicated co-op is. Your partner has hallucinations from time to time and you must protect him when it happens. Good stuff.

Splintercell and AC are not the same, splintercell has a almost generic level story and thats why it works there.

Your opinion. I've seen people describe AC as generic too, so let's not go there. And my point has nothing to do with story anyway. That game has a separate co-op mode independent of the SP. How does a separate and/or optional co-op hinder the SP experience? You still haven't told me that.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 07:38 AM

Begone you, casual player! What is this "fun" anyway? All this fun is ruining my videogames.