PDA

View Full Version : A viking assassin?!

Q-BALL123
03-05-2013, 04:01 AM
Check out the link.

http://www.google.com/search?q=rognar+lodbrok&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7TSHB_en

The history channel just aired their first episode of the new series "Vikings" last night and so I did some quick research on Vikings and their mythology. And eventually I google searched the main characters name, Ragnar Lodbrok, which immediately brought me to this picture. Does what he have in his hands look a little familiar?
I personally find that erie but all together exciting, which is exactly what I love about the AC series. I'm not sure if the character can be stolen at this point but a viking (although primarily seen as a brute) would make an incredible assassin. And as many now know, evidence has been found to that places vikings in North America way before Columbus. Plus the Nordic gods could be many of the "ones that came before".

Tell me what you think.

Gi1t
03-05-2013, 04:16 AM
Check out the link.

http://www.google.com/search?q=rognar+lodbrok&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7TSHB_en

The history channel just aired their first episode of the new series "Vikings" last night and so I did some quick research on Vikings and their mythology. And eventually I google searched the main characters name, Ragnar Lodbrok, which immediately brought me to this picture. Does what he have in his hands look a little familiar?
I personally find that erie but all together exciting, which is exactly what I love about the AC series. I'm not sure if the character can be stolen at this point but a viking (although primarily seen as a brute) would make an incredible assassin. And as many now know, evidence has been found to that places vikings in North America way before Columbus. Plus the Nordic gods could be many of the "ones that came before".

Tell me what you think.

Which picture? The link opened a search result.

Would nonetheless be cool to see an AC based on my own ancestors. :D

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 05:00 AM
I like it... Wouldn't offer much in terms of parkour though. Unless you were free to pillage cities in Europe :p

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Huh......I could see that being really awesome if done well. Vikings are pretty bad@$$.

Of course, people would complain about yet another white protagonist in AC....but still, would be awesome.

Radman500
03-05-2013, 05:06 AM
Huh......I could see that being really awesome if done well. Vikings are pretty bad@$$.

Of course, people would complain about yet another white protagonist in AC....but still, would be awesome.

not really, only the few amateur "social warriors" would biit*h about it

inferno33222
03-10-2013, 09:33 PM

What about Connor? Or Aveline?

Abeonis
03-11-2013, 12:32 AM

Complainers' only see what they want to see.

LoyalACFan
03-11-2013, 05:28 AM
The more I think about this idea, the more I like it...

LightRey
03-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Both have one white parent. That's enough for people to complain. :P

hellomrdarcy
03-11-2013, 08:50 AM
It could be quite interesting, indeed. There's just that people often imagine the stereotypical image of "vikings" when they think of them. And the stereotypical image is not completely true, if you look into history a bit more... me living in Sweden, and all that, we learn a lot about Scandinavian history up here, of courseee including the vikings. =) Like, the real vikings, not the ones that all looks like Thor with big helmets with horns on them (which they did not have, horns on a helmet is plain stupid).

ZeSpecter
03-11-2013, 09:29 AM
I actually thought about this a while ago, and it would be really awesome.

I like it... Wouldn't offer much in terms of parkour though. Unless you were free to pillage cities in Europe :p
Yeah, I don't think that would be any problem. Most of the viking villages looked the same, but if they did it like they did with Connor's village I think it would work out quite well. Besides even in Scandinavia during the Viking Age there were bigger cities. England, Iceland and Finland would also have to be included though. With the new sea-warfare that they will focus more on in the next game, it wouldn't surprise me if we would get a viking-based game where we could pillage villages in the future, although right now I'm hoping Edward Kenway will stay for a few games. It would be amazing though, controlling this badass viking and stuff lol

Aphex_Tim
03-11-2013, 09:57 AM

It could pretty much take place anywhere.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/21bobom.jpg

Escappa
03-11-2013, 10:32 AM
That could actually work pretty good...I know many vikings traveled, for instance, to Constantinopel to serve as guards. Also there were some viking villages that was at least the size of Monterigionni, that could easy work as a base.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Aros_viking_town.jpg

But the templars are not around until 200 years after the viking-age had come to an end. So how do we solve that problem? Well, Templars became "official" 1119, that doesn't stop the idea of them being around for much longer than that. Take a look at these silver necklaces that were found in graves in the viking-city "Birka". Seems familiar?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Birka_Smycken.jpg

(And a viking game means there's a chance we get to be a little in Sweden so I'm up for it ;) )

Escappa
03-11-2013, 10:39 AM

Yeah but...come on. Black people weren't around that much before the 17th century or so, unless they do something predictable, like Egypt or something...No racism, you know what I mean :p

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Yeah but...come on. Black people weren't around that much before the 17th century or so, unless they do something predictable, like Egypt or something...No racism, you know what I mean :p
how would YOU like it if you called your country predictable ?? Huh ?? Oh Sweden ? That is so predictable...YOU`RE COUNTRY IS SO PREDICTABLE !! UUUUUUGHGGHGHGHG yes you`re....English is predictable...

YOU HURT MY FEELINGS !! I`M NO PREDICTABLE !!! D:

for those of you with simple intellect and little wit....this is me....joking

Escappa
03-11-2013, 10:45 AM
how would YOU like it if you called your country predictable ?? Huh ?? Oh Sweden ? That is so predictable...YOU`RE COUNTRY IS SO PREDICTABLE !! UUUUUUGHGGHGHGHG yes you`re....English is predictable...

YOU HURT MY FEELINGS !! I`M NO PREDICTABLE !!! D:

for those of you with simple intellect and little wit....this is me....joking

Yeah you're right...i forgot that everybody thought Sweden was going to be AC2, but then they gave us that italian stuff :p

No but seriously, Egypt would be perfect for an AC if it wasn't for all that sand...nothing to climb...just...sand...everywhere ;)

By the way...Sweden isn't english ;)

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Yeah you're right...i forgot that everybody thought Sweden was going to be AC2, but then they gave us that italian stuff :p

No but seriously, Egypt would be perfect for an AC if it wasn't for all that sand...nothing to climb...just...sand...everywhere ;)

By the way...Sweden isn't english ;)

And camels yeah...Sand and camels only...

I was referring to the language... :P

Escappa
03-11-2013, 11:01 AM
And camels yeah...Sand and camels only...

I was referring to the language... :P

We speak swedish? :p

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 11:03 AM
We speak swedish? :p
I know I know xd

In my post I said "you are country is so predictable" as a misspelling of "YOUR" the possessive....So I said english is predictable as an insult :P

Dimension.
03-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I would like to see some of my ancestors in the game. :)
It doesn't have to be a viking though, could be a regular norseman/-woman. Viking was a profession, an expedition, and also a verb (from what I remember).
No matter what their name, it would be fun though. And if they were to give us vikings of the pillaging, seafaring kind they could give us more naval (which I don't particularly like, but most people do it seems). The naval part would of course be a lot different since it wouldn't be about naval combat, but about getting from A to B and raiding the coast.
I think it would be nice to let us start off the first few sequences in a regular norse village, then let the assassin join an expedition or something that would let him/her visit several places in Europe.

I don't think anyone will show vikings wearing horns on their helmets in any serious game/movie/Tv show ever again. I would like to know whoever came up with that strange idea though.. I guess it was people wanting them to look demonic after christianity took over.
I mean, why would the vikings ever be stupid enough to wear horned helmets in combat? I can see only two outcomes from that: 1) Death by having your helmet knocked off everytime a weapon gets caught on those horns (if you didn't fasten helmet). 2) Death by losing balance everytime a weapon gets caught on those horns (if you did fasten the helmet).
The vikings wanted to stay alive as much as anyone even though they could get to Valhalla by dying in combat.

I don't know if Ubisoft will want to go that far back again though. They've probably spent too much time implementing cannons and guns to abandon them completely. If they do go that far back maybe they will go to China so that they can keep a primitive gun at least.
Personally I will be happy if I never see another gun or ship again in any AC game, but a lot of people like those features.

Escappa
03-11-2013, 11:25 AM
I know I know xd

In my post I said "you are country is so predictable" as a misspelling of "YOUR" the possessive....So I said english is predictable as an insult :P

I see ;)