PDA

View Full Version : Confused? (spoilers)

MrLightHorse
03-05-2013, 03:19 AM
in AC3 the world basically gets destroyed at the end of the game (2012) and since AC4 is set in the present day (2013) how is there still life on the planet since you play as yourself and your hired by abstergo entertainment to try out the animus how does this story fit in?

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 03:24 AM
in AC3 the world basically gets destroyed at the end of the game (2012) and since AC4 is set in the present day (2013) how is there still life on the planet since you play as yourself and your hired by abstergo entertainment to try out the animus how does this story fit in?
The World doesn't get destroyed, man xD

Desmond saved it by touching the orb

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 03:27 AM
0_o No the world doesn't get destroyed...

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 03:51 AM
The green glowing junk all over the globe at the end was Juno somehow deflecting the solar flare. The world's fine. Except now Juno's on the loose.

Farlander1991
03-05-2013, 03:56 AM
The green glowing junk all over the globe at the end was Juno somehow deflecting the solar flare. The world's fine. Except now Juno's on the loose.

It wasn't Juno, it was the Temple. Juno going loose is just a side-effect of activating the temple.

rupok2
03-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Are the ever gonna explain how the hell she actually deflected the solar flare when minerva and the other members couldn't? Its like the worst deux ex machina I ever seen tbh.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 05:50 AM
Are the ever gonna explain how the hell she actually deflected the solar flare when minerva and the other members couldn't? Its like the worst deux ex machina I ever seen tbh.
Even I don't get it, if Juno could do that then why the hell did the TWCB die out?

adifazio27
03-05-2013, 05:58 AM
Juno didn't deflect the solar rays. Something with the temple did. Caused by the "spark" which was Desmond.

Also, the reason it was never used before was because they were using it to keep Juno locked in the temple, otherwise Juno would've just destroyed the world herself anyway.

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 06:04 AM
I dunno if it ever really explained this, but I was under the impression that Juno figured out how to save the planet during her thousands of years of captivity? Because as of Minerva's death, they still hadn't figured it out.

But yeah, it's a deus ex machina either way. Worse than the ending of the Inheritance cycle.

rupok2
03-05-2013, 06:05 AM
Juno didn't deflect the solar rays. Something with the temple did. Caused by the "spark" which was Desmond.

Also, the reason it was never used before was because they were using it to keep Juno locked in the temple, otherwise Juno would've just destroyed the world herself anyway.

And they couldn't use that before why? It makes no sense at all.

adifazio27
03-05-2013, 06:08 AM
And they couldn't use that before why? It makes no sense at all.

Well I believe it had a lot to do with Juno. Sure, then they could've saved the world from the Sun, but Juno would've annihilated everything anyway, which is why Minerva tries to convince Desmond not to free Juno, and let the Sun destroy everything instead. So Juno always knew how to save the world, but Minerva and company wouldn't allow her to, thus having the first civilization die out.

rupok2
03-05-2013, 06:09 AM
Well I believe it had a lot to do with Juno. Sure, then they could've saved the world from the Sun, but Juno would've annihilated everything anyway, which is why Minerva tries to convince Desmond not to free Juno, and let the Sun destroy everything instead. So Juno always knew how to save the world, but Minerva and company wouldn't allow her to, thus having the first civilization die out.

They could have just told the govt (of the ones who came before) or something to torture and get the info out of her. They basically let the world be destroyed because they couldn't deal with one lady.

dAnNyKiLlZ
03-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Lol this whole thread is indicative of how sloppy the ending was.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Seems TWCB were too stupid to deal with one person.

adifazio27
03-05-2013, 06:13 AM
They could have just told the govt (of the ones who came before) or something to torture and get the info out of her. They basically let the world be destroyed because they couldn't deal with one lady.

Well, I never said it was a good reason hahaha

rupok2
03-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Seems TWCB were too stupid to deal with one person.

Exactly we are just trying to fill in the plot holes as fans and coming up with explanations.

henne-kei
03-05-2013, 01:57 PM
I thought machines did it? Did Juno not explain something like that? That they would need much more time and thus could not use the temple when the first solar flare hit the planet?
Minvera did not even know that Juno was inside the temple.

montagemik
03-05-2013, 04:04 PM

I Suggest actually playing AC3 & seeing the ending (doesn't sound like you have ) - Before deciding if this next AC4 game plot makes any sense.

montagemik
03-05-2013, 04:11 PM

Yeah , they'll explain that part of the Story - WHEN the games actually continue that aspect of the story .

Right now , they're continuing with the Abstergo/Erudito hacking Desmond /Connor's genetic memory line ........... Which will tie in with the End of AC3 eventually .
Doesn't anyone wait for the stories end anymore ? ..... "Instant answers now UBI " Every year the same topics & demands .

UrDeviant1
03-05-2013, 04:22 PM
By placing his hand on the orb Desmond turned the key that activated the pillars of salvation. They absorbed the majority of the suns radiation but through some ancient mathematical voodoo Juno was released in the process. The end. (This could all be wrong).

Bastiaen
03-05-2013, 07:32 PM
By placing his hand on the orb Desmond turned the key that activated the pillars of salvation. They absorbed the majority of the suns radiation but through some ancient mathematical voodoo Juno was released in the process. The end. (This could all be wrong).

It makes sense to me.

Billiam301
03-05-2013, 11:21 PM
I never understood the end, what is the orb? why did it have to specifically be desmond who touched it? Why didn't they use the orb to stop the sun at the end of the first civilization since the orb was made before then?

UrDeviant1
03-05-2013, 11:59 PM
I never understood the end, what is the orb? why did it have to specifically be desmond who touched it? Why didn't they use the orb to stop the sun at the end of the first civilization since the orb was made before then?

The orb is a biometric activation switch that can "only" be activated by Desmond because of his highly concentrated First Civ DNA. It was designed and made by the First Civ In a way that only those with high concentrated precursor DNA could activate it (they are arrogant and don't want to interact with mere mortals). The orb isn't the device that actively stopped the death of mankind, it was only the switch that turned on the 4 towers of salvation, which in turn absorbed the suns radiation and prevented further damage to the Earth. These towers remained under construction long after the First Civ went extinct, via an automated process set up by Minerva & co.

That's just one theory. There is another solid theory too which loosely follows this one.

Billiam301
03-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Ah, thankyou, it makes a lot more sense now :)