PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or are squad matches always so laggy?

Phoenixmgs
03-05-2013, 02:18 AM
I played quite a bit of squad matches in the last month or so due to playing with other squads recently. It doesn't matter if it's TKO, MRKN, Born-2-Kill, etc., the matches are almost always laggier than just normal matches. I've played against all the squads in normal matches in all my time played, and the those matches are less laggy than playing in squad matches. I've played with whole parties of Italians, Russians, Japanese, etc. since I my main squad is Italian, and I have Japanese friends I partied with quite often where we get matched in rooms with just other Japanese players, and the lag on my end isn't nearly that bad. In normal and custom matches, the lag isn't as bad. Just last squad match, I'm getting killed 2 seconds after getting into cover and getting one-shotted by the F2000 (I realize he shot me multiple times but I wasn't privy to that lol). The lag was worse in that game than usual (even for a squad match) but still squad matches seem laggier for whatever reason. I've talked with TKO after squad matches and they complain that the lag was bad too.

So to the players that play squad matches quite often, are they laggier than normal matches for you too?

ln_l3loolvl
03-05-2013, 04:59 AM
I played quite a bit of squad matches in the last month or so due to playing with other squads recently. It doesn't matter if it's TKO, MRKN, Born-2-Kill, etc., the matches are almost always laggier than just normal matches. I've played against all the squads in normal matches in all my time played, and the those matches are less laggy than playing in squad matches. I've played with whole parties of Italians, Russians, Japanese, etc. since I my main squad is Italian, and I have Japanese friends I partied with quite often where we get matched in rooms with just other Japanese players, and the lag on my end isn't nearly that bad. In normal and custom matches, the lag isn't as bad. Just last squad match, I'm getting killed 2 seconds after getting into cover and getting one-shotted by the F2000 (I realize he shot me multiple times but I wasn't privy to that lol). The lag was worse in that game than usual (even for a squad match) but still squad matches seem laggier for whatever reason. I've talked with TKO after squad matches and they complain that the lag was bad too.

So to the players that play squad matches quite often, are they laggier than normal matches for you too?

Having played over 160 squad matches, lag comes with a squad match or rather I've accepted that lag comes with squad matches.

To answer your question directly, yes they are.

Phoenixmgs
03-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Having played over 160 squad matches, lag comes with a squad match or rather I've accepted that lag comes with squad matches.

To answer your question directly, yes they are.

Ok, I guess that's good... at least in the sense that it's just not me.

The netcode must be slightly different for squad matches then, or maybe there's a bit of a programming error with host selection or something. The squad matches are sometimes just so aggravating with the lag that it's not even that enjoyable when my team wins because all the lag BS.

I'm not a stat person, I just like playing matches against other good teams so I'd rather try playing vs teams in a normal match if that works like one team of 6 creates a new lobby then the other team searches and gets in. Or do custom matches. Even maybe have the community switch to Decoy in public matches as no one plays that mode for some reason so it'll be easy to get in the same room vs other team. Decoy is actually my favorite mode but no one plays it anymore, I think it would be great doing some decoy matches vs other squads.

SUGATA_RUS
03-05-2013, 03:49 PM
My thoughts:
- Group's host (his connection quality) - determines all group's members' connectivity (Ping & Lags).

- Lobbys's host (that was first in this lobby) - determines all players' connectivity in this lobby (Ping & Lags).

HOW TO TEST SQUAD LOBBIES (more laggy or its just host's problems):
Group A (with the SAME host all time) - Group B (with the SAME host all time).

1) Group A joining empty Quick match lobby (become Host) > then joining Group B.
Playing Group A HOME match...

2) Group B joining empty Quick match lobby (become Host) > then joining Group A.
Playing Group B HOME match...

CHECK: is there any differences (Does LOBBY's Host' connection affect the gameplay or not).

3) Repeat 1) in Squad lobby (Squad match).

4) Repeat 2) in Squad lobby (Squad match).

CHECK: is there any differencies with Quick matches (Does SQUAD LOBBY affect the gameplay).

P.S. We will try to test thus today - results will be here later.

tommy022483
03-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Its just you(not really but you get the idea). Public matches are far worse for me.