PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Connor Kenway :3

Assassin_Banana
03-05-2013, 01:24 AM
Hello guys:

I just wanted to help the people in http://wolfkininitiative.tumblr.com/ with their feedback on Connor. They are planning to send letters to Ubisoft very soon. So, if any of you guys who are fans of Connor feel like it, please send them your letters. They need 20 well written letters to send, be as detailed as you can be and show them why you like Connor, if you are going to criticize him you have to be constructive and polite. Trash will be thrown to trash i have to say. For more info check the website.

Edit:

I'm posting this directly from their website for people who have doubts on how to write their letters:

ASSASSINS, WE RIDE AT DAWN!

I have summoned all ye to yet another meeting:

Tonight marks our second official round of sending letters to Ubisoft head offices.

How can this be done? Well here’s what you can do:

One of our admins will be sending Ubisoft a package of fan letters on the 8th of March, which basically depicts our stance, why we want more Connor, and everything we’ve been working so hard to tell them via Facebook and their official website.

So I would urge all of you to type out a letter in the submissions box labelled ‘WOLFKIN LETTER INITIATIVE’ and send it in to be printed off and physically sent in by admin Annie.

Within the next few days, we will be selecting 20 letters, which will be printed out and sent by old school mail to Ubisoft’s Head Office in Montreal. All you to do is leave your name and maybe the province or state you live in just so they can tract which places are giving them the most feedback.

Please note that there is no need to give us your address—that is, unless you’d like to receive something back from Ubisoft regarding your letter. In that case, you can give us your return address in the submissions box. We assure you that everything will remain COMPLETELY confidential; none of your information will be shared, EVER.

If you have trouble thinking about what to write to Ubisoft, here are some suggestions:

Write about The Tyranny of King Washington, what you like and don’t like about it
Write about how much Connor means to you and why you want another game with him
Write about the Wolfkin Initiative: tell Ubisoft that it is an online portfolio showcasing all of our fan creations, personal letters and confessions about Connor. Tell them that the reason why this portfolio exists is to let them know that there are people out there that love Connor and do want another game with him. Please make sure to emphasize to Ubisoft that we are not here to meddle with their development teams’ ideas; we just want to encourage them that we have their back, that we do love the character they created. Because they themselves said that they are considering about making a sequel for Connor if his reception in the fandom is a positive one.
^ I stress this out because we had an incident happen with one of our admins when she e-mailed an Ubisoft employee. The employee thought that she was trying to meddle with the dev teams and was rude in his response, regardless of her further replying with a clearer explanation of her letter.

Now you can try to e-mail Ubisoft yourself, but keep in mind that most of them won’t reply back to what you send to them, and some would act rude due to all the recent stress they’ve been dealing lately with their angry Rayman fanbase. If you want to take the risk and e-mail Ubisoft, make your e-mail short and casual. Also emphasize to them that you’re not there to meddle with their dev teams, in case you want to mention the Wolfkin Initiative and show them a link to the page.

If you still can’t think of anything to write, see my example as something to inspire you:

Dear Ubisoft,

First of all, I would like to thank you for making Assassin’s Creed III and for introducing me to Ratonhnhaké:ton, aka ‘Connor’. I was so moved by the entire story, especially in experiencing every moment of Connor’s life as it unfolds beneath him. As much as I love Altair and Ezio (they will always have a special place in my heart), I would say that Connor has quickly become my most favourite assassin to date. I felt like I connected to him the most; there are just so many things that I can relate to him.

I liked how he is an idealist and has that as both his strength and his weakness. Through his idealism and determination, you have shown me how human and real he is. Even though Connor was stubborn, naive and childish at times, I admired how he never gave up and would still keep the good fight going. I also love the juxtaposition of his kind-hearted personality and his brutal fighting style—it showed me that there are so many dimensions to Connor, that I am willing to explore more about him in another game.

Because of this, a good handful of fans and I have began this mission called the ‘Wolfkin Initiative’. The Wolfkin Intiative is mainly an online portfolio showcasing all of our fan works that relate to Connor. We would appreciate it if you take the time to view each and every one of them and tell us what you think:

http://WolfkinInitiative.tumblr.com/collection

Each and every one of these fan creations were made with love, in hopes of letting you know just how many of us have come to appreciate Connor and wish to have another game about him.

I trust that they inspire you as well, just as much as Connor has inspired us.

Niá:wen,

[First Name, Last Name]

Also, if you are an indigenous American or have at least a smidgen of native blood in your, our admin, Annie, will be doing something special for all of you.

Send your letters to either Annie’s tumblr (Le-doux) or through the Wolfkin Initiative submission button with the title: ‘LETTERS FOR CONNOR: -INSERT ANCESTRY HERE-’ That way, she can sift through any of our usual emails and find the actual letters. As for those who wish to send them to her directly, you can also send them through her personal submissions box here, [PERSONAL SUBMISSIONS BOX ]; that way she can access them quicker. GOOD LUCK.

So guys! You have until March 8th to get cracking on those letters!

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 01:28 AM
Hmm I think I had a pretty detailed review for Connor around here somewhere...

Assassin_Banana
03-05-2013, 01:30 AM
Hmm I think I had a pretty detailed review for Connor around here somewhere...

:D LOL thank you

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 01:31 AM
:D LOL thank you
It`s gonna take a while until I can find it, though..since I do not remember where I posted it...

but I`ll most likely find it anyways

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 01:35 AM
That didn't take long xD

sooooo what do I do ?

Assassin_Banana
03-05-2013, 01:38 AM
That didn't take long xD

sooooo what do I do ?

That's good to hear. :D. Visit the website and look for the submission tag. You can send them you letter or a drawing ;) check the main page since all news are in there.

UrDeviant1
03-05-2013, 01:39 AM
There's a lot of people on that website suggesting people are racist for not liking Connor. I liked Connor, a lot, but I'm not going anywhere near a community with that kind of attitude. I guess I'll just be a "lone" Connor fan. Enjoy trying to get Ubisoft to commit to fan service.

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 01:42 AM
That's good to hear. :D. Visit the website and look for the submission tag. You can send them you letter or a drawing ;) check the main page since all news are in there.
It tells me to go to the submission box then select the Wolf-something- initiative letter...I can`t find that :/

BATISTABUS
03-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Who is this Connor Kenway you speak of? Are you possibly referring to Connor the late 1700's Assassin, trained and named as such by Achilles Davenport? Born Ratonhnhaké:ton, son of Kaniehtí:io and Haytham Kenway? :p

And, yeah. I love Connor, but that community is really obnoxious. It's Tumblr...what can you expect?

Assassin_Banana
03-05-2013, 01:43 AM
There's a lot of people on that website suggesting people are racist for not liking Connor. I liked Connor, a lot, but I'm not going anywhere near a community with that kind of attitude. I guess I'll just be a "lone" Connor fan. Enjoy trying to get Ubisoft to commit to fan service.

They don't say that at all. I suppose it has to do with some of the adimn being indian- blooded too. But don't take their comments about racism to harshly, all what matters is the feedback on Connor :3

Assassin_Banana
03-05-2013, 01:44 AM
Who is this Connor Kenway you speak of? Are you possibly referring to Connor the late 1700's Assassin, trained and named as such by Achilles Davenport? Born Ratonhnhaké:ton, son of Kaniehtí:io and Haytham Kenway? :p

Yes that one, the one that Ubisoft media videos baptised, once :)

Will_Lucky
03-05-2013, 01:48 AM
They don't say that at all. I suppose it has to do with some of the adimn being indian- blooded too. But don't take their comments about racism to harshly, all what matters is the feedback on Connor :3

Yeah, thats a mature way of dealing with the problems that exist in the community.

Assassin_Banana
03-05-2013, 01:49 AM
It tells me to go to the submission box then select the Wolf-something- initiative letter...I can`t find that :/

is in here http://wolfkininitiative.tumblr.com/post/44344193879/assassins-we-ride-at-dawn

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 01:49 AM
Done

Assassin_Banana
03-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Yeah, thats a mature way of dealing with the problems that exist in the community.

The inmature thing is bothering oneself about racism, i dont think we should think about others being racist for not liking Connor and all i was saying is that the people in the Wolkin initiative are fans too. If they give the impresion that they think not liking Connor is racist i doubt it is true at all. They complain on people being agressive with them for liking Connor.

Assassin_Banana
03-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Done

:D

Assassin_Banana
03-05-2013, 03:45 AM
Keep it up people :3

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 03:48 AM
The page isn't loading for me.

If I leave my feedback here, can you transfer it over into the wolf-initiative-thingy for me, Assassin_Banana?

Assassin_Banana
03-05-2013, 03:59 AM
The page isn't loading for me.

If I leave my feedback here, can you transfer it over into the wolf-initiative-thingy for me, Assassin_Banana?

Of course ;)

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 04:53 AM
Of course ;)

OK, thanks :)

I loved Connor as a concept. Coming off of the stoic Altair and the flamboyant Ezio, such a reserved yet passionate character was a refreshing new take on the series. However, I felt like he never evolved as he should have, given the events that transpired in the game. We saw him go through some incredibly dark stuff; watching his mother burned alive, murdering his own father and his childhood friend, and coming to grips with the fact that his primary ally, a man who he had put his life on the line to rescue, was responsible for burning down his home and killing his mother. Any one of these events would be enough to leave even the most resilient person jaded and world-weary, but they don't seem to affect him as much as they should. He actually seems to grow more naive as the game progresses. As a teenager in the village, he speaks with Kanento:kon about the colonists encroaching on the Kanien'keha:ka land, but he apparently forgets this in the following years, and comes to believe that helping the colonists win their freedom will somehow protect his people. I know he was meant to be an idealistic character, but his lifelong naivete is hard to reconcile with his long history of heartbreaks.

But I'm far from a Connor "hater"; in fact, I'd love another game with him. I think he's at a point now, in the very end of the game, where he realizes that his long and tiresome fight has failed to achieve what he desired. The two epilogue scenes, the slave auction on Evacuation Day and the return to the abandoned village, were among my favorite scenes in the whole series. I'd like nothing more than to see how he comes to grips with the fact that the new nation doesn't live up to its lofty promises of freedom and equality for all, and he himself is largely responsible for creating it. Connor seems to be a tragic character by nature, but we haven't seen his ruin unfold beyond a few sad, knowing gazes at the end of AC3. I hope Ubi will continue his story, and find out whether he abandons hope or continues to fight on for a promise he will never be able to see coming into fruition.

Is that a good enough reflection? :p

Assassin_Banana
03-05-2013, 05:59 AM
OK, thanks :)

I loved Connor as a concept. Coming off of the stoic Altair and the flamboyant Ezio, such a reserved yet passionate character was a refreshing new take on the series. However, I felt like he never evolved as he should have, given the events that transpired in the game. We saw him go through some incredibly dark stuff; watching his mother burned alive, murdering his own father and his childhood friend, and coming to grips with the fact that his primary ally, a man who he had put his life on the line to rescue, was responsible for burning down his home and killing his mother. Any one of these events would be enough to leave even the most resilient person jaded and world-weary, but they don't seem to affect him as much as they should. He actually seems to grow more naive as the game progresses. As a teenager in the village, he speaks with Kanento:kon about the colonists encroaching on the Kanien'keha:ka land, but he apparently forgets this in the following years, and comes to believe that helping the colonists win their freedom will somehow protect his people. I know he was meant to be an idealistic character, but his lifelong naivete is hard to reconcile with his long history of heartbreaks.

But I'm far from a Connor "hater"; in fact, I'd love another game with him. I think he's at a point now, in the very end of the game, where he realizes that his long and tiresome fight has failed to achieve what he desired. The two epilogue scenes, the slave auction on Evacuation Day and the return to the abandoned village, were among my favorite scenes in the whole series. I'd like nothing more than to see how he comes to grips with the fact that the new nation doesn't live up to its lofty promises of freedom and equality for all, and he himself is largely responsible for creating it. Connor seems to be a tragic character by nature, but we haven't seen his ruin unfold beyond a few sad, knowing gazes at the end of AC3. I hope Ubi will continue his story, and find out whether he abandons hope or continues to fight on for a promise he will never be able to see coming into fruition.

Is that a good enough reflection? :p

Is a very good one ;) thank you

I-Like-Pie45
03-05-2013, 06:09 AM
Like him in spite of his flaws. I can relate to his introversion and naivety, despite our heritages being separated by two oceans.. There was better things that could've been done with the character, but in time he will be seen as the underappreciated dark horse of the series.

That's why I wrote a fanfic (not romantic, I'm not that low) about him. <3 Shameless self-plug FTW!

Assassin_Banana
03-05-2013, 06:11 AM
Like him in spite of his flaws. I can relate to his introversion and naivety, despite our heritages being separated by two oceans.. There was better things that could've been done with the character, but in time he will be seen as the underappreciated dark horse of the series.

That's why I wrote a fanfic (not romantic, I'm not that low) about him. <3 Shameless self-plug FTW!

That sounds very nice :D. Why don't you send a letter too??

FirestarLuva
03-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Good thing for posting it here! :D
When is the deadline for sending these letters?

Assassin_Banana
03-06-2013, 01:27 AM
Good thing for posting it here! :D
When is the deadline for sending these letters?

March 8

gyigyo
03-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Hello, sorry i can't really speak english but i really loved connor as main hero, And why i loved?
because finally another AC game without BIGBOOBS and SEXscenes. The games can be EPIC without those thing but sad thing is nowaday gamedevelopers and many gamers only care about big boobs and sexscenes in videogames.(They should do it in real-life not Vgames) We want gameplay and EPIC story
AC3 story was EPIC characters was fantastic,Im not asking for another AC title for Connor because i FEAR they would ruin Connor too.

and for ac4 black flag well i never gonna buy it i wait for another AC titles. i mean AC4 look like a bad ac3 DLC.

avk111
03-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Well I'm a big time Connor fan myself,

im not sure I'm going to be writing the letter due to being busy myself at work, however Ubisoft must take a step about a strong potential character. One of the core concepts is during a battle it would be cool to make Connor speak out phrases like " for freedom" or " death to the oppressors" it would make a great sense of thrill as you are fighting.

secondly, alot of people complained or maybe patronized Connor for his vague accomplishments , what does Ubisoft expect when you make a player work so hard and then see no rears in the end, it would evidently lead to distress and a nice big palm in the face. Thats what happened with Desmond , and that's what people reflect upon Connor.

to argue his accomplishments would take a whole long debate, thus there is no point.

At the end of the AC3 title it still leave an open end gap for more Connor action. More precisely in the land of the Americas, his build up was great and according to another post here on the forum they kind of screwed it up at the Ordeal part of the Hero Mytholgy arc.

again what best stand up for me as a Connor fan is his dual personality of loving humble heart man, and savage killing machine beast, I think this should be the main focus for his character.

Assassin_Banana
03-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Thank you for both comments above this one, is good to see more Connor fans out there giving their opinion ;)