PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article, with a few new things confirmed

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 01:10 AM
http://oxcgn.com/2013/03/05/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-everything-we-know-and-more-as-we-find-it/

Main New Points

-Crew members can be killed in storms and naval engagements, meaning Edward will recruit more as needed.

-The spyglass is used to select a map destination where you'd like to drop anchor.

-Dual swords, blowpipes with multiple kinds of darts, multi-pistols, double hidden blades, rifles, knives, heavy axes, and rope darts are confirmed

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Intwesting, vewy intwesting

AssassinYago
03-05-2013, 01:49 AM
Intwesting, vewy intwesting

Barry Kripke :P

lightning667
03-05-2013, 01:52 AM
I was disappointed that throwing knives weren't in AC3. It's good to see that they're making a comeback.

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 03:53 AM
I was disappointed that throwing knives weren't in AC3. It's good to see that they're making a comeback.

It didn't say throwing knives, it just said knives. I dunno if that means throwing knives or short melee blades.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 04:04 AM
The crew getting killed point is especially intredasting...

lightning667
03-05-2013, 04:34 AM
It didn't say throwing knives, it just said knives. I dunno if that means throwing knives or short melee blades.

Let a guy have his hopes for awhile.

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 05:12 AM
The crew getting killed point is especially intredasting...

I dunno, I was kind of hoping they'd be actual characters this time, since the naval is a much bigger part of the gameplay... Oh well. Looks like they're ACB-style disposable robots again :p I guess as long as we have SOME constant crew members feature as prominent personalities, I can live with it.

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 05:26 AM
I dunno, I was kind of hoping they'd be actual characters this time, since the naval is a much bigger part of the gameplay... Oh well. Looks like they're ACB-style disposable robots again :p I guess as long as we have SOME constant crew members feature as prominent personalities, I can live with it.

I'm sure we will, since.....that would suck otherwise. We need a new Mr. Faulker.

Though I do hope that once you, as I assume you will, level them up to full they will get significantly more durable. I'd like to have some I can stay familiar with.

montagemik
03-05-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm sure we will, since.....that would suck otherwise. We need a new Mr. Faulker.

Though I do hope that once you, as I assume you will, level them up to full they will get significantly more durable. I'd like to have some I can stay familiar with.

Probably the more upgrades/defences we add to the Jackdaw then less crew members will be killed or washed overboard during sea battlles.
But any lost will be easily replaceable at one of the island taverns .

Legendz54
03-05-2013, 02:01 PM

Its impossible and pointless to give your crew stories as it would be time consuming and alot will die anyway.

IWGCJoeCool
03-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Johnny Depp wasnt avalable, so Eddie Kenway has been tapped to play Capt. Jack Sparrow

:p

but seriously... Aaaaaargh!

but seriously, this could be kool if all the right assassin methods and modes are available. let the High Seas be The Frontier or Kingdom for free (sailing) roaming with many places to drop anchor and explore/loot/adventures. let Fast Travel be optional if you want to stay on Main Mission stuff, as long as you already once took the perilous sea voyage to get to an island(city)

now, does this mean that Connor, and AC3 was the end, not beginning of this saga? that would mean that Edward's story would precede a Haytham story?...and all the while cross referencing to what became?

and, how will this all tie in to some modern story with someone in an Animus?

i could go on, but today is also the release of EA's Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 demo, and i and some others need to check it out...all on 360 and seeing if the Kinect will actually work this year. if anyone else out here in Ubi-AC land like to travel the world killing bad guys, but never miss a Sunday Tee-Time, drop me a line here via PM

JC

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Interesting thing about dual swords, I'm seeing in some of the screenshots Edward is wielding the swords backhanded (if that's the right word for it) and normally in some. So we can possibly choose our swordweilding techniques too?