PDA

View Full Version : So... Do you think they're retconning Forsaken?

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 12:04 AM
I've heard from numerous sources that Black Flag is part of an ongoing saga devoted to the Kenway family, but we already know how Edward dies and practically everything Haytham ever did from the novel. And if they really were planning this game as long ago as they said, I doubt they would have commissioned a novel detailing how their protagonist dies before they even revealed it. I'm assuming parts of the novel are going to be altered significantly; at the very least, I expect to witness his death in-game (whether in Black Flag or a potential Haytham sequel) from young Haytham's perspective. They changed up The Secret Crusade pretty drastically in ACR... do you think it's going to happen again?

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 12:06 AM
They didn't change the Crusade too much. Some minor events here and there, but generally, the Major events are the same...

I think it`ll be the same for Forsaken..

silvermercy
03-05-2013, 12:09 AM
If they want to get far greater creative freedom for such a big game series (a saga) then it is very possible they will change many things in Forsaken.

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 12:09 AM
They didn't change the Crusade too much. Some minor events here and there, but generally, the Major events are the same...

I think it`ll be the same for Forsaken..

Well, the novel implied that Altair was killed defending the city against the Mongols, but we know now that that didn't happen. I'm just wondering if Edward's fate might change as well, or at least the real events differed from what Haytham thought happened. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he didn't actually witness Edward dying, did he?

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Well, the novel implied that Altair was killed defending the city against the Mongols, but we know now that that didn't happen. I'm just wondering if Edward's fate might change as well, or at least the real events differed from what Haytham thought happened. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he didn't actually witness Edward dying, did he?
If I remember correctly, He doesn't no. He was too busy defending his mother and some of the servants, but that`s just what I mean...These are the things they`ll probably change...Haytham witnessing his father dying in a blaze of glory for example, but him dying that way generally remains the same..

Also, the secret crusade is written from the perspective of the Polos which may explain implications of Altair being killed in battle..

silvermercy
03-05-2013, 12:20 AM
I hope they fully retcon his death. Seriously... knowing that a main protagonist dies in any game/film/book puts me off completely and prevents me from getting attached to the character. I think this holds true for the biggest part of the population (hence why Hollywood happy endings exist in the vast majority of films).

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 12:21 AM
I hope they fully retcon his death. Seriously... knowing that a main protagonist dies in any game/film/book puts me off completely and prevents me from getting attached to the character. I think this holds true for the biggest part of the population (hence why Hollywood happy endings exist in the vast majority of films).
But we know all of them are dead D:

Connor is actually dead....does that turn you off ? :P

silvermercy
03-05-2013, 12:27 AM
But we know all of them are dead D:

Connor is actually dead....does that turn you off ? :P
Connor and Altair's deaths don't bother me and they're actually my top favourite assassins. lol Altair died very old while with Connor, it's unknown what happened to him so I can assume whatever I want - for now at least. So I choose to believe he got married and led a happy life :) (At least we have some perks of not getting a 2nd Connor game. lol)

But with Edward I find it's totally different from the above.

dxsxhxcx
03-05-2013, 12:29 AM
I believe that with "ongoing saga" they meant AC3, which means that Connor and Haytham's lifes were already covered in AC3 and Forsaken and now Edward's will be covered in AC4, and IMO it wouldn't be fair with the people who bought the book just change everything they said in it to sell more games, it's not like they don't have a lot more places to explore anyway.

I understand Ubisoft might have plans to milk this franchise while it makes profit, but they don't need to be so obvious about it... :p

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Connor and Altair's deaths don't bother me and they're actually my top favourite assassins. lol Altair died very old while with Connor, it's unknown what happened to him so I can assume whatever I want - for now at least. So I choose to believe he got married and led a happy life :) (At least we have some perks of not getting a 2nd Connor game. lol)

But with Edward I find it's totally different from the above.
But why ?

They`re all dead xD that`s my point...what`s the difference now that you know HOW he dies ?

If you played RDR, you`d know what I mean

silvermercy
03-05-2013, 12:30 AM
I believe that with "ongoing saga" they meant AC3, which means that Connor and Haytham's lifes were already covered in AC3 and Forsaken and now Edward's will be covered in AC4, and IMO it wouldn't be fair with the people who bought the book just change everything they said in it to sell more games, it's not like they don't have a lot more places to explore anyway.

I understand Ubisoft might have plans to milk this franchise while it makes profit, but they don't need to be so obvious about it... :p
Those who bought the book will simply pale in comparison to those who buy the game though...? If I was Ubisoft, I'd go with the game.

silvermercy
03-05-2013, 12:32 AM
But why ?

They`re all dead xD that`s my point...what`s the difference now that you know HOW he dies ?

If you played RDR, you`d know what I mean

For me and most people it makes a difference. I don't understand the opposite actually, how it doesn't make a difference. lol For me it's natural to think like that.

(I haven't played RDR yet. Waiting to finish some other games. Oh no... plz don't tell me he dies!! :( oh god nooo... Not playing it now...)

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 12:34 AM
For me and most people it makes a difference. I don't understand the opposite actually, how it doesn't make a difference. lol

(I haven't played RDR yet. Waiting to finish some other games. Oh no... plz don't tell me he dies!! :( )
Crap :|

Well...he doesn't die...Uuhh...Just finish the game :|

silvermercy
03-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Crap :|

Well...he doesn't die...Uuhh...Just finish the game :|
Riiiight....

Can't play it now. See what I mean? lol

dxsxhxcx
03-05-2013, 12:36 AM
like I said in another thread, we wouldn't be able to see his death anyway, the memories would stop at the moment Haytham is conceived...

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 12:37 AM
riiiight....

Can't play it now. See what i mean? Lol
forgive me D:

silvermercy
03-05-2013, 12:42 AM
like I said in another thread, we wouldn't be able to see his death anyway, the memories would stop at the moment Haytham is conceived...
*cries* I don't caaaaare! :p They must retcon it now.
"Because I said so!"

forgive me D:
Draw me a shirtless Connor and you are forgiven. :D muahaha... (or Edward, that's also fine) lol

deskp
03-05-2013, 12:43 AM

We could see it from the perspecitve of the killers. Abstergo has aceess to alot of genes.

How old is Edward when he dies in the book? hes 22 in the game they say.

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Draw me a shirtless Connor and you are forgiven. :D muahaha... (or Edward, that's also fine) lol
how about Ezio`s face ? does that work ?

silvermercy
03-05-2013, 12:47 AM
how about Ezio`s face ? does that work ?
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31056298.jpg

It's okay... no need to draw anything. LOL

But I will post this for you as punishment: http://25.media.tumblr.com/0332b0b0a83f5a4afa649a6498788695/tumblr_mj48krIvjH1rnqp3qo1_r1_500.png
:D

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 12:47 AM
We could see it from the perspecitve of the killers. Abstergo has aceess to alot of genes.

How old is Edward when he dies in the book? hes 22 in the game they say.

InfectedNation
03-05-2013, 12:48 AM
If you're right about his age in the game, then 40. I think.

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 12:55 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31056298.jpg

It's okay... no need to draw anything. LOL

But I will post this for you as punishment: http://25.media.tumblr.com/0332b0b0a83f5a4afa649a6498788695/tumblr_mj48krIvjH1rnqp3qo1_r1_500.png
:D
I shouldnt have clicked that link :|

I`ll punish you too...
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3416/mohamedshaabanai01.jpg
FARAFARGARAFA BUUUUUURN

silvermercy
03-05-2013, 01:00 AM
I shouldnt have clicked that link :|

I`ll punish you too...
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3416/mohamedshaabanai01.jpg[
FARAFARGARAFA BUUUUUURN
He's staring into my soooulll!! Noooooo! http://r27.imgfast.net/users/2713/26/91/96/smiles/808724912.gif

Hey, it's actually really nice!!!! Well done! :D