PDA

View Full Version : will BF be better then 3

Radman500
03-04-2013, 09:54 PM
with all this info we have heard now.... as of right now do you think it sounds like it will be better then 3

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 09:55 PM
-_- this is basically the same context of your last 5 or 4 threads

ACfan443
03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
In my oppinion, no. I hate the pirate theme and emphasis on naval, it doesn't belong in an AC game. The new features are nothing special, it feels like a reskin of AC3 with a numeral that doesn't belong in its title.

Sushiglutton
03-04-2013, 10:02 PM
If it has more open ended missions, polished mechanics, seamless world, beautiful Caribbean islands and exotic towns? You bet :D!

Escappa
03-04-2013, 10:04 PM
In my oppinion, no. I hate the pirate theme and emphasis on naval, it doesn't belong in an AC game. The new features are nothing special, it feels like a reskin of AC3 with a numeral that doesn't belong in its title.

Seriously...it's always like this...Everyone finds the new setting bad just because they have their own fantasy about how that time period is. You don't know a thing about the game yet :p

Auztinito
03-04-2013, 10:06 PM
No.

Radman500
03-04-2013, 10:10 PM
i think it will be

ACfan443
03-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Seriously...it's always like this...Everyone finds the new setting bad just because they have their own fantasy about how that time period is. You don't know a thing about the game yet :p

I don't care where it's set, AC has always surprised in terms of settings. It's the pirates and naval which I don't like. And I clearly know nothing about the game, it's not like any trailers or articles were released?

TrueAssassin77
03-04-2013, 10:21 PM
WIsh the protag was a minoritry...

Soulid_Snake
03-04-2013, 10:48 PM
I think technically, AC:BF should be good, Revelations to date is technically the best AC, as a result of multiple studios working on it. But, whats to stop the fiasco with AC3, happening to AC4?

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 10:54 PM
So does anyone else read BF as BattleField?

Soulid_Snake
03-04-2013, 10:58 PM

Me, lol!

ACfan443
03-04-2013, 11:02 PM

Haha yes. But I'll get used to it, I refuse to call it AC4.

Soulid_Snake
03-04-2013, 11:17 PM
I refuse to call it AC4.

Is it because it will be released only 1 year after its predecessor, with a small development timeframe?

If that is the case, AC4 has been in development since Summer 2011.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-04-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-preview-how-ubisoft-plans-to-hook-you-back-in

montagemik
03-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Haha yes. But I'll get used to it, I refuse to call it AC4.

Just Call it BLAG !

As for will it be better than AC3 ....... I hope so , But it will definately please more players & more to the point for Ubisoft attract a few more new customers.

Escappa
03-04-2013, 11:42 PM
I think it will be better...I'm hoping for the story about how the brotherhood in america was destroid :D

ACfan443
03-04-2013, 11:46 PM
AC4 has been in development since Summer 2011.

I already know that (which I don't really believe). My main reason is that it'll be released too soon, and that there's not much of a time gap between it and AC3.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 11:49 PM
I already know that (which I don't really believe). My main reason is that it'll be released too soon, and that there's not much of a time gap between it and AC3.
Why do you want a time gap ?

Might as well be disappointed sooner than later

Escappa
03-04-2013, 11:52 PM

Yeah but talking about one year may feel little...but waiting a whole year is something different ;)

ACfan443
03-04-2013, 11:53 PM

Well, the jump in time gap between each numbered title was significant, and made each setting feel new and fresh. The side sequels/spin offs felt more or less the same.

Soulid_Snake
03-05-2013, 12:03 AM

Sadly, this is Ubisoft, it's a business decision, if people would have been warmer towards Connor, then he would have had his own Trilogy, before AC4 was released.

But, you've bought up a interesting point, why would Ubisoft start on AC4 , before they have even finished the ambitious AC3 project. On the other hand, I think they mentioned this being the largest AC yet, surely they're gonna allocate more development time to the project. Either way, we'll find out if they're BS-ing us, as it evident in the final product.

ACfan443
03-05-2013, 12:27 AM
Sadly, this is Ubisoft, it's a business decision, if people would have been warmer towards Connor, then he would have had his own Trilogy, before AC4 was released.

But, you've bought up a interesting point, why would Ubisoft start on AC4 , before they have even finished the ambitious AC3 project. On the other hand, I think they mentioned this being the largest AC yet, surely they're gonna allocate more development time to the project. Either way, we'll find out if they're BS-ing us, as it evident in the final product.

My main reason for not believing them is because of the new character and primary focus of the game - naval. It seems like such a coincidence that after naval was so well received (even suggested by fans and critics to have its own game), and Connor being disliked for his 'boring' and 'dull' personality, that all of a sudden they announce a new naval game featuring a protagonist with 'charm' and 'charisma'. What if naval was as hated as den defense, and Connor universally liked? Do you really think black flag would be advertised as it is now?

SorryImSoAce
03-05-2013, 12:51 AM
I loved AC3 ... don't know what everyone is moaning about

montagemik
03-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Well, the jump in time gap between each numbered title was significant, and made each setting feel new and fresh. The side sequels/spin offs felt more or less the same.

The only significant time gaps between releases were due to big changes . Not because they waited on purpose to make it feel new .

AC2 - Almost completely rebuilt & restructured the gameplay elements from AC1 = So understandable longer period before release.
AC3 - Completely new engine made from scratch = So understandable time period before release .

AC-B / AC-R basically same mechanics & features as AC2 - No long delay required between release dates ..........Work begins on each sequel as each game nears completion .

So once the AC3 new engine & core mechanics were established - No need to wait years before beginning /releasing the sequel .
So 'wanting' a long delay between titles may help it feel fresh to you , But is nothing short of business stupidity for Ubisoft , Making & releasing games is their business , you can't expect them to release games every two years instead of every 12 months just to give you a break in between. :confused:

When YOU choose to buy these games is your decision - But Ubisoft have a schedule to sell their products .
Gamers aren't forced to Buy them every 12 months are they ? .
& Still people are deciding Connor is finished with for good - Just because we're not him in AC4 ............AC4 isn't out yet - the full story isn't known & we've no clue how or even if this ties into AC3 Connor's story .

I reserve judgement on the AC series as always until i've seen the End of the AC series ,
We can't tell the Story tellers what story to tell us - It's not our story to tell.

Layytez
03-05-2013, 02:10 PM
It feels a like a numbered spinoff.

MasterAssasin84
03-05-2013, 02:21 PM
with all this info we have heard now.... as of right now do you think it sounds like it will be better then 3

Answer to your question absolutely yes !! now 3 by far was not a bad game i really enjoyed it but Black Flags has got the potential to be one of the best Assassins Creed games made if ubi pull it off right and going by from what we have seen so far the potential is huge, i love the idea taking out the loading screens and rowing or swimming to your destination secondly the underwater gameplay ubi has been talking about looks very interesting especialy some of the Far Cry 3 team members are in board to assist in that area.

I am also very excited about the locations Havana namely for one, Kingston and the excitement of exploring the Caribbean islands like the hazy tropical Jungles which all but implies tree running will be featured ( i would be shocked if it wasnt ) Edward Kenway certainly looks like an interesting character who i will enjoy playing as, ubi are clearly expanding on openworld gameplay.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 02:23 PM
If they implement what they are saying, then forget better than AC3, it can be the best AC yet. But we'll have to wait and see.

Also lol @ numbered spinoff. Yeah this "spinoff" has three main cities, open frontierlike ocean and over 50 visitable locations, muck more than the last "main" game. That justifies the number in my book.

RomanoTjavo
03-05-2013, 05:54 PM
I think it will be better...I'm hoping for the story about how the brotherhood in america was destroid :D

Me to, i think they have lost the concept of "Assassins creed"
Now we have connor an native american who almost never speaks of the brotherhood And, to come, a pirate???
They lost the feeling of the assassins brotherhood like the one we had in AC:B So, to sum it up, im having second toughts about the franchise.

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:05 PM

I'm going to shove this down your throat when you turn out to actually like the game.

lothario-da-be
03-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Me to, i think they have lost the concept of "Assassins creed"
Now we have connor an native american who almost never speaks of the brotherhood And, to come, a pirate???
They lost the feeling of the assassins brotherhood like the one we had in AC:B So, to sum it up, im having second toughts about the franchise.
Its not becase he is a pirate it won't be ac as ac1 and ac2, think about this Giovanni was a BANKER and you complain about a pirate?

ACfan443
03-05-2013, 06:29 PM
So once the AC3 new engine & core mechanics were established - No need to wait years before beginning /releasing the sequel .
So 'wanting' a long delay between titles may help it feel fresh to you , But is nothing short of business stupidity for Ubisoft , Making & releasing games is their business , you can't expect them to release games every two years instead of every 12 months just to give you a break in between. :confused:

I disagree. There should be a balance between Ubi making enough money for themselves, and leaving appropriate gaps between releases to prevent the franchise from becoming stale. I can mention countless other developers who are doing well business wise and not having to annualise their games. Oh, and the 'time gap' I was referring to in that post you quoted was the time period gaps of the setting (crusades to renaissance to american revolution), not release gaps.

Also lol @ numbered spinoff. Yeah this "spinoff" has three main cities, open frontierlike ocean and over 50 visitable locations, muck more than the last "main" game. That justifies the number in my book.

And you're going to take their word for it? What if those 50 locations turn out to be 10 in the final product? I've learned my lesson after AC3.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 07:06 PM
And you're going to take their word for it? What if those 50 locations turn out to be 10 in the final product? I've learned my lesson after AC3.

Lets leave that 50 locations out. They have 3 main cities? Even that is good enough for me. Each numbered game has that much.

And I have no illusions about these 50 locations, they will be nothing grandiose I'm sure of it. Just some island here, some plantations there. Like there were scattered buildings, churches etc in the Frontier. And I'm cool with that.

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
lets leave that 50 locations out. They have 3 main cities? Even that is good enough for me. Each numbered game has that much.

Except for AC3.....Homestead does not count as a city.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Its not becase he is a pirate it won't be ac as ac1 and ac2, think about this Giovanni was a BANKER and you complain about a pirate?

Paola was a prostitute Assassin, nobody complained then either.