PDA

View Full Version : To quote Mr. Faulkner.......

Rogue Agent 035
03-04-2013, 08:57 PM
" I got a monkeys fist in me gut", about this game. After watchin both the Kenway an reveal trailers I feel that ubi has dove into COD territory an is just milking this franchise fer all it's worth at this point. It was intriguing an immersive when they dove into the crusades, the roman/ottoman empires an gave us a glimpse into the americas during it's birthing years but now.... Now I feel they are just getting ridiculous, as I see no sense in exploring a time period that even my old college profs found to be comical an childish. I hope that in the coming months they produce something that will in fact make me eat these words, but after seeing that trailer.... I won't hold my breathe.

Locopells
03-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Their whole angle is to show it as it was, not as Disney, et al, does.

itsamea-mario
03-04-2013, 09:05 PM
What's wrong with the time period? It's cool, you and your history professors aren't cool.

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 09:12 PM
I see where you are coming from. They chose the pirate theme because it's an easy theme to fall back on. It's quite lazy if i'm being honest. There are so many better locations and time periods they could have chosen.

Sushiglutton
03-04-2013, 09:13 PM
I don't think it's fair to say that AC is like COD. AC is a much more unique and innovative franchise. For AC3 they created the best climbable forest in videogame history and the best naval combat for an action adventure game that I am aware of. They also added animals/hunting, seasons, Homestead, crafting, a new type of combat system, tweaks to stealth and parkour. Not all of these things were a success, but calling it milking is highly unfair imo. In fact I have a hard time to come up with a more innovative game in 2012 in terms of new gameplay systems (compare for example with the microscopic tweaks Bioware did to Mass Effect 3).

With AC4 it looks like they are not adding as many completely new gameplay components (allthough we don't really no yet) besides underwater gameplay. Underwater is a solid addition to an adventure game with a strong exploration component. But mostly it sounds like they are expanding and polishing the older systems as well as the new things introduced in AC3. I think that is a good thing. AC3 was in a way too ambitious and building a second game to really lift those mechanics is smart. It's not a rehash at all though as the setting is brand new and the focus has shift more to naval and coastline exploration. They also claim that the missions will have a much more open ended design, which would be a total game changer and an incredible welcome change if true.

Now about the era being silly. First off pirates did exist. I don't understand how something that actually did happen can be silly and unworthy of exploring. Secondly from what they are saying they want to do a much less romanticized version, which could be very interesting. They call it the HBO version, which to me sounds awesome because I dig Game of Thrones etc. It's way to early to rule this game out as childish.

Lol I just realize I sound like I was working on the marketing department ;). Anyway there you go :)!

infamous_ezio
03-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Having a go at ubi just because they are doing what they do best, and that's replaying history as it happened.. how could you have a problem with that? just because you don't like it, tbh i think it looks pretty cool and i'll be buying it regardless of what some whiney forum badger thinks..

oh and go **** yourself

hellomrdarcy
03-04-2013, 09:23 PM
oh and go **** yourself

That was not necessary. Stop being so rude, honey.
Here, have a hug.

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Having a go at ubi just because they are doing what they do best, and that's replaying history as it happened.. how could you have a problem with that? just because you don't like it, tbh i think it looks pretty cool and i'll be buying it regardless of what some whiney forum badger thinks..

oh and go **** yourself

Do you want a tampon to go with that gushing blood?

Locopells
03-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Guys...

Auztinito
03-04-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm not buying it.I actually liked Connor & it basically sounds like a sequel knowing it is a prequel.They are not pulling a CoD but more of a Halo.Going forward then goes backwards for quick money.Sure Pirates were real but c'mon.If I wanted my character going "Arghh!" I would buy PotC games.I just think Pirates aren't interesting just like how I found Ezio's Trilogy not that interesting.I'll pass.

Sickull
03-04-2013, 10:06 PM
^ Lets pretend that AC4 has already come out, what you basically just said is you found four out of six games uninteresting...why are you even here?

Auztinito
03-04-2013, 10:11 PM
^ Lets pretend that AC4 has already come out, what you basically just said is you found four out of six games uninteresting...why are you even here?

I was waiting for a AC 3.5 but since that was thrown out the window.Ezio's story was uninteresting but i like Altair's & Connor's stories.I found Ezio's story standalone uninteresting.I liked Desomnd's story out of all but he was shafted & so was Connor.So much for a good franchise.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 10:12 PM
The difference between CoD and AC, besides some of the more obvious things?

AC actually changes every new game.

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 10:22 PM
I was waiting for a AC 3.5 but since that was thrown out the window.Ezio's story was uninteresting but i like Altair's & Connor's stories.I found Ezio's story standalone uninteresting.I liked Desomnd's story out of all but he was shafted & so was Connor.So much for a good franchise.

I was agreeing with you on your previous post until you said that the whole Ezio trilogy was uninteresting. You are wrong. This is not an opinion either, it's fact. ACII and Brotherhood both have higher metacritic ratings than ACIII, meaning that the majority of critics thought that they were better games. This means that quantitatively they are better. An opinion is 'I like the colour black more than the colour blue', but one product being better than another isn't an opinion, it is a fact through a variety of ways.

Sickull
03-04-2013, 10:34 PM
My point is you obviously don't like the series anymore so why even stick around? I never understood why people felt the need to tell a bunch of strangers "will not buy" that's alright, you're entitled to your opinion and all but why do we need to know this just move on to something else, when I first played the original Saints Row I liked the game then I played the other two my opinion changed but I didn't feel a need to go to people and say this game is awful because it isn't telling a story that I want to hear.

Yiddio what you just said is straight nonsense. we all make mistakes

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 10:38 PM
My point is you obviously don't like the series anymore so why even stick around? I never understood why people felt the need to tell a bunch of strangers "will not buy" that's alright, you're entitled to your opinion and all but why do we need to know this just move on to something else.

What Yiddio what you just is straight nonsense.

Yiddo, what you just said was straight nonsense.*

You even tried to edit your post and still got it wrong, lolololololololol xD

Auztinito
03-04-2013, 10:44 PM
I was agreeing with you on your previous post until you said that the whole Ezio trilogy was uninteresting. You are wrong. This is not an opinion either, it's fact. ACII and Brotherhood both have higher metacritic ratings than ACIII, meaning that the majority of critics thought that they were better games. This means that quantitatively they are better. An opinion is 'I like the colour black more than the colour blue', but one product being better than another isn't an opinion, it is a fact through a variety of ways.

So CoD is a great game?What about Battlefield 3?Anyone can be a critic.I find both games multiplayer horrible.Opinions do not make facts.

My point is you obviously don't like the series anymore so why even stick around? I never understood why people felt the need to tell a bunch of strangers "will not buy" that's alright, you're entitled to your opinion and all but why do we need to know this just move on to something else, when I first played the original Saints Row I liked the game then I played the other two my opinion changed but I didn't feel a need to go to people and say this game is awful because it isn't telling a story that I want to hear.
I just heard about AC4 today.I came to express my opinion without arguing over it but that clearly isn't working.So I'll just take my leave from this forum.

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Depends which COD you are on about. COD4 got 94% for both consoles on Metacritic, and 92% for PC. Black Ops II got 83% for both consoles, and 74% for PC. From that, we can deduce that COD4 was a masterpiece (which it was, one of the best games of all time) and that Black Ops II is a good game, but its nothing special. Once again, these are facts as proven quantitatively. You dispute these then you are purely just a hater. As I said, saying whether or product is good or not isn't an opinion - that is a fact - an opinion is whether YOU personally like it. It can still be a great product despite you not liking it, if you think otherwise then you are basically saying that your viewpoint is the worlds.

Auztinito
03-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Depends which COD you are on about. COD4 got 94% for both consoles on Metacritic, and 92% for PC. Black Ops II got 83% for both consoles, and 74% for PC. From that, we can deduce that COD4 was a masterpiece (which it was, one of the best games of all time) and that Black Ops II is a good game, but its nothing special. Once again, these are facts as proven quantitatively. You dispute these then you are purely just a hater. As I said, saying whether or product is good or not isn't an opinion - that is a fact - an opinion is whether YOU personally like it. It can still be a great product despite you not liking it, if you think otherwise then you are basically saying that your viewpoint is the worlds.

So because a product sells well it makes it a great product?Is this your logic?Ok I guess the Resident Evil are great movies along with the Nolan Batman Movies & Lockout.Also,that would make Mass Effect 3 a masterpiece along with every Uncharted & God of War a one of a kind story by far.These I do like but have no intention of calling any of them perfect.I'll take my leave now because I desire no argument over "whose logic is more logical over the internet" which seems childish.

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 11:10 PM
So because a product sells well it makes it a great product?Is this your logic?Ok I guess the Resident Evil are great movies along with the Nolan Batman Movies & Lockout.Also,that would make Mass Effect 3 a masterpiece along with every Uncharted & God of War a one of a kind story by far.These I do like but have no intention of calling any of them perfect.I'll take my leave now because I desire no argument over "whose logic is more logical over the internet" which seems childish.

Where did I say sales, I'm talking about Metacritic, whose only contributors to a games overall average rating are professional games review sites. Also I never called a game perfect, I said masterpiece, bit different. Also let's not even talk about movies at the moment (even though the same logic is applied there through RottenTomatoes), let's stick with games. I'm not being childish, I'm just informing you that the 'that's my opinion' argument is flawed.

Sickull
03-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Yiddo, what you just said was straight nonsense.*

You even tried to edit your post and still got it wrong, lolololololololol xD

You edited your post telling me about editing mine, you were a half a step away from making my mistake good job.

BATISTABUS
03-04-2013, 11:28 PM
I cannot stand the constant COD comparisons. "This is worse than COD". "They're milking this game more than COD". "This is turning into COD". Will you people just give it a rest already? I dislike COD as much as the next guy, but people like you are worse than the COD fanboys you hate so much.

And do you really think this is going to turn Ubisoft off from annual releases? Call of Duty is an INSANELY successful series selling a combined over 100 million units worldwide. Saying this is becoming like COD to Ubisoft is a major compliment, so come up with some legitimate criticisms instead of "they're clearly milking it", especially when they've barely revealed anything. There seems to be a lot of new content to me.

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 11:28 PM
You edited your post telling me about editing mine, you were a half a step away from making my mistake good job.

Are you actually that stupid?

I edited it to tell you about how your editing still failed as when I originally posted it you hadn't even attempted to edit it, which of course then comes up with the message that I have edited it.

Deary me.....

Rogue Agent 035
03-05-2013, 12:01 AM
I see I've opened a can of worms here, let me try an better explain my post. When I was making the COD reference I was talking about every yr release an nothing really seems different, just polished an re-gergitated as new when in fact there seemed no difference gameplay wise. As for the time period, I was giving my strict (no biased) opinion on how I've viewed the time period since college. I have loved every single AC since it's release in '07 an do plan to get this one as well, I just see now that it looks a bit fanatical to me, but as (I originally said)...., I hope within the new 7 months my mind is changed but am not holding my breathe fer that to happen.

Sickull
03-05-2013, 12:11 AM
My God you're an idiot... your statement would have more punch if it didn't have "Last edited by yiddo93; Today at 09:43 PM." attached to it.

How are you gonna point out my mistake and then almost make the same one in the process. But go ahead keep making your argument based off of authority bias genius.

yiddo93
03-05-2013, 12:20 AM
My God you're an idiot... your statement would have more punch if it didn't have "Last edited by yiddo93; Today at 09:43 PM." attached to it.

How are you gonna point out my mistake and then almost make the same one in the process. But go ahead keep making your argument based off of authority bias genius.

You actually have a reading problem. I would seriously get it checked out. I take it English isn't your first language?

Sickull
03-05-2013, 12:42 AM
Ugh that joke made my stomach hurt...not when you tried to make illiteracy sound like it's something you can catch like herpes...yeah English is my second language and I guess funny to you may as well be speaking Samaritan.