PDA

View Full Version : poll: will you buy AC4: Black Flag?

just_luck.exe
03-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Just a poll, nothing isnulting or unethical here (so yeah, no reason to close the thread)
Are you waiting for AC4: Black Flag, and will you buy it?

Elebro2011
03-04-2013, 08:18 PM
I think i will. :)

AssassinYago
03-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Yes, I will.

Jureck0
03-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Sure!

NeaEmrys
03-05-2013, 01:01 AM
I don't know...I don't know how I can get over the ending of AC3. Give me a couple of years or a decade.

hoodrat94
03-05-2013, 04:47 AM
I will pay more attention to the reviews, specially the negative ones. Then i will decide. I ignored reviews during assassin's creed 3, and the criticism made about this game were true. Definitely didn't live to it's hype, and dissapointed a lot of fans specially those who has been supporting this franchise from beginning. But IF they release the game a single hour later than the console version (i quite sure they will), this will be my last game on pc. Will buy a ps4 and enjoy console gaming. I don't want to wait and have a game full of bugs after spending $1500+ on a good pc and 80 more for digital deluxe version.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 04:58 AM
I might if it's not like Disappointment Creed 3 AND not a pisspoor port.

Anykeyer
03-05-2013, 06:11 AM
There is a chance I'l buy it despite saying that AC3 was my last ubi game... lol

blacklimoband
03-05-2013, 07:38 AM
I probably will, even though I would have liked Ubi to make a pirate game based around AnvilNext but totally divorced from the AC franchise, and AC4 set further back in history... but looks good all the same :) Hopefully it will have Naval free roam this time, and more Naval battles? HINT HINT UBI...

spectatorx
03-05-2013, 08:07 AM
After this what these idiots did with ac3? After my all warnings which they didn't hear? No **** way.

I will pirate it to see if the game is worth playing and probably this will be end of story on my side.

And no ubisoft, if you do not know how to create games for pc it doesn't mean i will buy console version of game, i have one device for gaming and this will remain for long time, my device for gaming is not console, my gaming device is desktop computer built by myself which can handle crysis 3 with the same settings, higher and more stable fps than ac3 pos.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Yes but not on PC.

Razrback16
03-05-2013, 01:55 PM
I will buy it. I'm glad a different development crew is working on it than the one that worked on AC3. That alone is encouraging. I'm concerned that we have a bunch of mental midgets working on the story though after the epically bad ending of AC3 both from Connor's perspective, and Desmond's. They will have to find a creative way to tie in whoever the main character is to have a good reason for him being able to see into Desmond's lineage -- a relative of Desmond's? Dunno. After AC3 though, the main concern for me is that the series hit its zenith with AC2 & ACB and is now in a freefall thanks to bad storywriting and bad development in AC3.

lasha7716
03-05-2013, 03:30 PM
i'll buy it if i can run it

bolz87
03-05-2013, 03:37 PM
After this what these idiots did with ac3? After my all warnings which they didn't hear? No **** way.

I will pirate it to see if the game is worth playing and probably this will be end of story on my side.

And no ubisoft, if you do not know how to create games for pc it doesn't mean i will buy console version of game, i have one device for gaming and this will remain for long time, my device for gaming is not console, my gaming device is desktop computer built by myself which can handle crysis 3 with the same settings, higher and more stable fps than ac3 pos.
Marry me :D, yeah no way i will buy it, maybe, MAYBE when it will costs around 20 euro, not more

just_luck.exe
03-05-2013, 04:03 PM
I will buy it. I'm glad a different development crew is working on it than the one that worked on AC3. That alone is encouraging. I'm concerned that we have a bunch of mental midgets working on the story though after the epically bad ending of AC3 both from Connor's perspective, and Desmond's. They will have to find a creative way to tie in whoever the main character is to have a good reason for him being able to see into Desmond's lineage -- a relative of Desmond's? Dunno. After AC3 though, the main concern for me is that the series hit its zenith with AC2 & ACB and is now in a freefall thanks to bad storywriting and bad development in AC3.
different development crew? they have 8 of it, AND they STILL have ubi kiev for pc optimization!!

personally i dont get ppl who buy console versions over pc...pc costs around 10eur in store, console about 60 eur (well at least here where i live)
in all my life i bought 3 xbox360 games on that price, all the next games i got cheaper way :D

BelzabubZ
03-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Course I'm buying AC4 on day 1
Got to show my love to Ubisoft.

YazX_
03-05-2013, 04:40 PM
too bad the poll didn't have the option "Maybe after i try it and see how it goes"

Ethorion
03-05-2013, 05:24 PM
If AC3 stays the way it is right now, definately not. I cannot trust a company that doesn't fix a broken game before releasing a new one.

lukash_1337
03-05-2013, 06:16 PM
see people? this is why they do not give a **** about pc users. you keep whining and complaining, but all in all you end up buying another ubisoft's game. they know it and they laugh at your promises never to buy another ubi game. we all know you will. now you even openly admit it :p

i personally never said i am never going to buy another game. i was quite sure i will, im just terribly dissatisfied with the idea of another ezio-like character. ezio was unique and trying to copy him because ppl liked him the most is a bad idea imo.

HOWEVER, after i heard those guys in kiev are going to be responsible for optimalization of the game i am 1000000% certain that i will NOT pre-order NOR buy the game without first checking whether it runs smoothly enough.

I will NEVER EVER buy a console. I use only one platform. If they do not release a quality game for MY platform they're not going to get MY money. Simple as that.

rmartinezdl
03-05-2013, 06:30 PM

I know that feel bro, this time will be different, I preordered ac3 and couldnt play it lolz, now lets make honor to ac4 name and pirate it, THEN wait for steam sale and spend only $10 bucks! (I already spent $50 on a game I cant play!

Ethorion
03-05-2013, 06:45 PM
see people? this is why they do not give a **** about pc users. you keep whining and complaining, but all in all you end up buying another ubisoft's game. they know it and they laugh at your promises never to buy another ubi game. we all know you will. now you even openly admit it :p

i personally never said i am never going to buy another game. i was quite sure i will, im just terribly dissatisfied with the idea of another ezio-like character. ezio was unique and trying to copy him because ppl liked him the most is a bad idea imo.

HOWEVER, after i heard those guys in kiev are going to be responsible for optimalization of the game i am 1000000% certain that i will NOT pre-order NOR buy the game without first checking whether it runs smoothly enough.

I will NEVER EVER buy a console. I use only one platform. If they do not release a quality game for MY platform they're not going to get MY money. Simple as that.

You're wrong on so many levels. Ubisoft is losing a ton of PC players because of their lack of support on their PC ports. They've even promised better support for the PC players but it seems to yet occur. As a company you are to please your customers with your products or they will stop buying your products. The way that they have handled AC3 is just horrible. If you expect people to just sit back and be happy about how AC3 is bugged out the butt right now, you sure have a poor eye on marketing and how it works. I wouldn't support you one bit if you had a company which wouldn't fix things that didn't work and ignored people who got pissed at you over it.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 06:52 PM
See my signature? The GIF is Ubisoft sad about their reputation with PC Gamers.

Krayus Korianis
03-05-2013, 06:57 PM
I was considering buying Black Flags on the PC... But, if all the new physics and stuff that's gonna be on the Next-Gen systems won't be on the PC... They can go suck it.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 06:58 PM
I was considering buying Black Flags on the PC... But, if all the new physics and stuff that's gonna be on the Next-Gen systems won't be on the PC... They can go suck it.
You actually think consoles will have more physics than the PC?

joeoak43
03-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Hard to say at this point. I'll buy just to see how good it is; in nausea. Ubi-soft has ALOT of catching up to do after that deplorable outing with AC3. If it sucks ; which I wager it may; I'll sell my copy on E-Bay ; just like I did with AC3. Man; I felt sorry for the poor sod who bought [AC3] from me.

Krayus Korianis
03-05-2013, 07:13 PM
You actually think consoles will have more physics than the PC?
You know Ubisoft doesn't like PC gamers... They only care about the consoles.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 07:16 PM
You know Ubisoft doesn't like PC gamers... They only care about the consoles.
Ah you meant that way, I thought you meant in terms of capability.

Well yeah, I know that quite well.

BzkGB
03-05-2013, 07:16 PM
I'd purchase AC4 if Ubisoft would have treated their PC customers with some respect and common decency - I have every AC title until now, after all. But as it stands, no I will not. The whole experience with AC3 has left a sour taste.

Not that it matters; there are plenty of morons here who complained endlessly about AC3 but will still go out and purchase future Ubisoft titles. You're just part of the problem.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 07:18 PM
I'll just leave this here...

http://i.imgur.com/aI2CwBd.png

Krayus Korianis
03-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Ah you meant that way, I thought you meant in terms of capability.

Well yeah, I know that quite well.
Hell, I know my PC won't have a problem displaying PhysX and Tesselation. Just will they actually include that in the PC version? Probably not.

jhewt.sp
03-06-2013, 04:56 AM
Hell, I know my PC won't have a problem displaying PhysX and Tesselation. Just will they actually include that in the PC version? Probably not.Yeah but, if I'm not wrong, every AC has a modified Havok's physics engine so it's CPU accelerated (lastest Intel's CPU) and GPU accelerated in a few cases (ATi).

About buying AC4: Black Flag: Hell yeah, I want to play as Jack Sparrow and see Barbosa and a few other pirates! lol, but seriously... no matter what the reviews tells, I'll always be a fan of the series

blacklimoband
03-06-2013, 01:07 PM
I will most likely buy this... not because it's AC, but because it's looking like being the most kick-*** pirate game ever made. I have had no dramas running AC3 on my gaming rig, and I love the Naval combat... it's a shame there was so little of it.

Crazybone992
03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Not going to buy it

x___Luffy___x
03-06-2013, 03:16 PM
i ll buy it for sure :cool:

TinyTemplar
03-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Of course I will. It is the first game about pirates in a long while. Who could ever expect Ubisoft's Assassin's creed to come to this.

Perk5
03-07-2013, 05:54 AM
Of course I won't. After AC3, who could ever expect Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed to come to this.

vishalbiswas
03-09-2013, 01:58 PM
I will, surely!

promero14
03-10-2013, 06:19 AM
Yes i will because it will have 2 of the aspects i liked more about AC3, haytham character and naval missions.

lukash_1337
03-10-2013, 02:22 PM
You're wrong on so many levels. Ubisoft is losing a ton of PC players because of their lack of support on their PC ports. They've even promised better support for the PC players but it seems to yet occur. As a company you are to please your customers with your products or they will stop buying your products. The way that they have handled AC3 is just horrible. If you expect people to just sit back and be happy about how AC3 is bugged out the butt right now, you sure have a poor eye on marketing and how it works. I wouldn't support you one bit if you had a company which wouldn't fix things that didn't work and ignored people who got pissed at you over it.

I am wrong on so many levels? The reason that Ubisoft is losing these tons of PC players, as you mentioned, is because they do not release QUALITY GAMES for PC. It is purely their fault. Releasing crappy ports just because according to some funny data 95% of PC players download games instead of buying them is funny, to say the least. Punishing sincere players because of some supposed actions of other people is both funny and pathetic. By the way, conducting research that would prove such a high percentage of piracy among PC players is close to impossible.

So you're implying that I have a poor eye on how marketing works?
Ok, now I will explain you why is it that you do not know what you're talking about. It's pretty simple, just pay attention. I'm going to explain it to you like I would to a six-year old. Apparently, there is need for that.

First of all: I am not Ubisoft's employee, shareholder nor they financial advisor. Therefore, I do not care about the company's financial situation. All I care about is to get what I paid for. If I don't, I stop supporting them with my money. In this case, I am only going to spend my money on a product that I consider worth buying, because, as I mentioned earlier, by buying their games, I support the company.

Following me? Ok, now let's take one step further ;)

Now watch closely: I could have downloaded the game, but I decided to buy it. I decided to buy it, because I feel they deserve the money for a great game. HOWEVER, if the company does not release a quality game for MY platform, instead caring only about consoles, I have 4 options:
1) to buy a console
2) not to buy the PC version at all
3) buy it nevertheless, risking it will not run smoothly
4) checking how smoothly it runs prior to buying it

Guess which one will I choose?

I stated very clearly before that I use only one platform: the PC. I believe it to be "the right platform". I grew up playing on PC and I like it that way. It will never change. Ever!

So what am I supposed to do after AC3? Buy another game (ALSO for which Ubisoft Kiev is going to be responsible for optimalization) and pray it's going to run smoothly? Of course not. The only way is to play the game PRIOR to buying it. I am not going to support a company that does not release a QUALITY GAMES for the platform of my choice.

Bottom line: It's plain simple. If they do not release a high quality game for MY platform they're not going to get MY money. I will not buy a game that is unplayable. Because why would I? Why would I, the customer, care for the company's financial situation? All I'm interested in is obtaining a quality game. If they do not release one, I will not buy it. If the optimalization is done well, however, I will be more than glad to purchase the game and its DLCs, further supporting the company.

It all comes down to the simplest equation: The higher the quality of the PC version of the game, the larger income for the company. Seems obvious, but apparently not for everyone. It almost felt like an obligation to enlighten some people in here...

ScorpiusSpecOps
03-12-2013, 02:49 AM
I will, it looks immensely cool and i really dig pirates :D

Ave07
03-12-2013, 06:08 AM
Not for PC but for my PS3 sure.

ROFLBOT
03-14-2013, 01:50 PM
No.

RinoTheBouncer
03-14-2013, 03:20 PM
PS3 and PS4, yes of course.

Syr.Jake
03-20-2013, 03:01 AM
Probably, but not at retail price. I will wait a year until it is discounted out the *** on Steam and then buy it for $20 or something.

rrebe
03-20-2013, 11:38 AM
I'll definitely pre-order for PC, but I'll wait until I get a confirmation for the release date (for PC, since it's always been like a month after the consoles) and info about possible special editions.

guy594
03-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh yes i will buy it for sure!! Love the AC games :D

Elaeus1990
03-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Definitly not, and i can't believe that i don't even wanna dl it as it seems BAAAAAAAAAAD.... Assassin with its sigil high on the sky? Really? WTF?... what about discretion? Why not "I AM THE ASSASSIN" written on it?
Seems to me that AC is drowning along with its bunch of unskilled crew. I just can't believe these are the ones who produced that high class game that was AC2....
I can read between the lines, AC4 : Black **** and UBI isn't going to trick me once more. I'd love to see you fall, that would be a good "I told you so"

Blackwolfe5
03-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Pirates and assassins and hopefully lots of ship to ship combat? YARRRRRRR! I will!

GalakFyarr
03-21-2013, 01:16 PM

And this is why legitimate customers are stuck with DRM, and the perfect excuse for publishers to say "SEE? they WANT our game, they just don't want to PAY for it. So we HAVE to add DRM".

GalakFyarr
03-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Definitly not, and i can't believe that i don't even wanna dl it as it seems BAAAAAAAAAAD.... Assassin with its sigil high on the sky? Really? WTF?... what about discretion? Why not "I AM THE ASSASSIN" written on it?
Seems to me that AC is drowning along with its bunch of unskilled crew. I just can't believe these are the ones who produced that high class game that was AC2....
I can read between the lines, AC4 : Black **** and UBI isn't going to trick me once more. I'd love to see you fall, that would be a good "I told you so"

How about AC1, where the Assassin's had their own little fortress with litterally hundreds (if not thousands) of assassins crawling around? That sure was very discrete, wasn't it?

Elaeus1990
03-21-2013, 02:32 PM
How about AC1, where the Assassin's had their own little fortress with litterally hundreds (if not thousands) of assassins crawling around? That sure was very discrete, wasn't it?

It was a base, of course it was known by templars, you don't change it everyday so nobody can locate it, that's why it was a fortress, to defend it. But when Altair (RIP) went to kill his targets or travelled between the kingdoms, he didn't raise a flag or a banner to show in which side he was. Here Haytham just needs to sail in a port and all the templars can know he's in town if they don't attack the ship before he sails. It enhances the fact that AC is going for massive crowds of battle. That's just not AC anymore. UBI is welcome to prove me wrong but i seriously doubt it.

And about your message earlier, i think lots of people who turned their back to the serie don't feel responsible at all (all the names here appeared several times in the low fps threads), you don't pay 80€ to be ignored that way and not being able to play at all. Companies shouldn't work that way. They take customers for donkeys and they can expect a payback. Besides their f***ing DRM came far before AC3 so they won't take it off, why bother now? I don't, too late. People like you can't understand the frustration of that until it happens to you, no offense here but it upsets me to see comments like yours. A 5 months ignorance on 2 threads of 100 pages and a refusal to state the fact that they won't repair it or refund some of the customers for their lack of honesty and work is outraging for a company like UBISOFT.

NB : if DRMs were efficient it would only bother pirates not true customers, isos come 2-3 days max after a pc release => here's another proof of the work of this company

GalakFyarr
03-22-2013, 01:05 AM
Nowhere did I say DRM was good or that it actually worked. All I said was that piracy just gives the excuse for publishers to add DRM.

You're free to decide not to buy any Ubisoft games anymore, but then don't be a ****ing hypocrite and pirate the games.

It was a base, of course it was known by templars, you don't change it everyday so nobody can locate it, that's why it was a fortress, to defend it. But when Altair (RIP) went to kill his targets or travelled between the kingdoms, he didn't raise a flag or a banner to show in which side he was. Here Haytham just needs to sail in a port and all the templars can know he's in town if they don't attack the ship before he sails. It enhances the fact that AC is going for massive crowds of battle. That's just not AC anymore. UBI is welcome to prove me wrong but i seriously doubt it.

And about your message earlier, i think lots of people who turned their back to the serie don't feel responsible at all (all the names here appeared several times in the low fps threads), you don't pay 80 to be ignored that way and not being able to play at all. Companies shouldn't work that way. They take customers for donkeys and they can expect a payback. Besides their f***ing DRM came far before AC3 so they won't take it off, why bother now? I don't, too late. People like you can't understand the frustration of that until it happens to you, no offense here but it upsets me to see comments like yours. A 5 months ignorance on 2 threads of 100 pages and a refusal to state the fact that they won't repair it or refund some of the customers for their lack of honesty and work is outraging for a company like UBISOFT.

NB : if DRMs were efficient it would only bother pirates not true customers, isos come 2-3 days max after a pc release => here's another proof of the work of this company

Elaeus1990
03-22-2013, 02:10 AM
Well then we can agree that the publishers are stupids. Piracy always existed but people make a big deal only when the results are not as they expected, they should try to see if the problem does not come in some way from them. Using piracy as an excuse for DRM is too simple because it's illegal but selling a broken product and letting it go to move on another game is illegal to me too. Making money is all about quality.

I haven't been a hypocrite : i won't buy the game. Simple as that. However I never said i was definitly not playing it but only that for the moment it doesn't make me wanna play it. UBISOFT tried to steal from me so if i ever want to play Black Flag it will be from a friend or a copy. If you want to blindly give money to them even after experiencing the same injustice someday well that's your problem but games are too expensive for me so i'll give my money to the publishers who diserve it. Even owning Revelations is making me puke but i bought it without testing it before so i think you shouldn't insult lightly.