PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Chinese AC art

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 04:36 PM
http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/1/22/beautifully-badass-assassins-creed-china-art.html

People bang on about a Chinese or Japanese Assassins Creed quite alot, so I thought i'd share this link to some awesome AC fan art of what a Chinese Assassins Creed could look like.

Sorry if this has been posted before, it is a month old, but I'm just posting it for those who haven't seen it and may enjoy it.

xbox360gamer89
03-04-2013, 05:17 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/754979-what-assassins-creed-might-look-like-set-in-china-Forums

rain89c
03-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Only place China and Japan gets hated on is in this forum, I've been in this forum long enough to understand the demographic motives and wants. Check out any other sources, such as YouTube, official ac Facebook polls, fan sites, etc you'll see China and Japan are among the top 3 list most requested. But yeah, big fan of Yuan, been following him since his first AC fan art. Just hope UBI draws inspiration from the arts on a future AC.

Megas_Doux
03-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Only place China and Japan gets hated on is in this forum, I've been in this forum long enough to understand the demographic motives and wants. Check out any other sources, such as YouTube, official ac Facebook polls, fan sites, etc you'll see China and Japan are among the top 3 list most requested. But yeah, big fan of Yuan, been following him since his first AC fan art. Just hope UBI draws inspiration from the arts on a future AC.

I rather go with china over Japan, the opium wars would be very interesting.

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 05:54 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/754979-what-assassins-creed-might-look-like-set-in-china-Forums

Oops, my bad.

Regardless, the gameplay possibilities for this setting could be immense, as well as the whole dramatic change of scenery and time period. I hoped this is what ACIV would be like, but alas we are stuck with Black Flag. ACV maybe?

xbox360gamer89
03-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Oops, my bad.

Regardless, the gameplay possibilities for this setting could be immense, as well as the whole dramatic change of scenery and time period. I hoped this is what ACIV would be like, but alas we are stuck with Black Flag. ACV maybe?

i hope so

montagemik
03-04-2013, 06:38 PM

Check out ALL the features available in the old TENCHU series on PS2 (which ubisoft bought the rights to) - Kills / Weapons / abilities / body looting /hiding /invisibility cloaking swimming etc etc .

That may help explain WHY Ubisoft are keen to stay clear of the orient despite it's real popularity . AC in Japan really would be just AC Tenchu . AC took every ability from that series , seriously .
AC series so far has barely any really original features /abilities of it's own creation .

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Check out ALL the features available in the old TENCHU series on PS2 (which ubisoft bought the rights to) - Kills / Weapons / abilities / body looting /hiding /invisibility cloaking swimming etc etc .

That may help explain WHY Ubisoft are keen to stay clear of the orient despite it's real popularity . AC in Japan really would be just AC Tenchu . AC took every ability from that series , seriously .
AC series so far has barely any really original features /abilities of it's own creation .

But it wouldn't just be AC Tenchu, as it would still have a detailed plot which delves into history - something Tenchu doesn't do. Also Tenchu is Japan as you say, let's just take China as the more plausible option for the sake of this. China has many historical events/periods which could be used, and they could incorporate better hand to hand combat through incorporating martial arts - for when you want to pacify enemies. The weapon system could get a whole revamp with the availabity of unique chinese weaponry, and they could incorporate the more smaller gameplay elements such as the toe blade that the women in the Embers short used. Granted, that may be hard to implement in a smooth way but it is definitely possible.

montagemik
03-04-2013, 09:10 PM
But it wouldn't just be AC Tenchu, as it would still have a detailed plot which delves into history - something Tenchu doesn't do. Also Tenchu is Japan as you say, let's just take China as the more plausible option for the sake of this. China has many historical events/periods which could be used, and they could incorporate better hand to hand combat through incorporating martial arts - for when you want to pacify enemies. The weapon system could get a whole revamp with the availabity of unique chinese weaponry, and they could incorporate the more smaller gameplay elements such as the toe blade that the women in the Embers short used. Granted, that may be hard to implement in a smooth way but it is definitely possible.

Don't misunderstand me - I've personally wanted an AC game in Japan itself ............Seems ridiculous to me this Global network of Assassin's have throughout history seemingly covered most regions except Japan . ( Despite Japan being well known to actually have a real historical order of stealth assassins )
I'll have the timeline from 'The Last Samurai' movie - just after US civil war - The western world strongly influencing events during Japan's changes at that point in history.
would follow AC3 time period easily

I Spotted every old Tenchu feature immediately as each was added to each consecutive AC game in the series so far. (teleport is next on the list)
I also don't mind every ability they've cloned from tenchu - Cause i loved the early Tenchu games too. (they had hand to hand takedowns/kills too)

But because all the abilities are Tenchu cloned - Setting any AC game anywhere in the historical orient is something UBI will avoid forever probably -
All the haters would see it as = AC Tenchu or AC Dynasty Warriors from the start..

The orient is a missed opportunity for AC in my opinion & seemingly forever to be avoided setting in the developers eyes. .

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 10:36 PM
I don't think they will avoid it because of that reason to be fair, as no offense, but Tenchu isn't massive anymore. If you ask most of your average AC players for instance, I bet you a hell of a lot of them would go 'what?' or barely remember it at best. I mean, from a quick checkup, 2006 was when the last main home console release for Tenchu was. It seems to have largely faded away, so Ubi wouldn't be scared because of that reason I don't think.