PDA

View Full Version : Alex Amancio has a new name.

roostersrule2
03-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Ashraf Ismail this is the creative director folks, that is all.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 11:15 AM
I noticed....But what ?

Oh god....this makes a lot of things seem wrong :|

Someone has a lot to answer for

kosmoscreed
03-04-2013, 11:19 AM
This guy?.

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/ashraf-ismail/a/919/5b1

doogsy91
03-04-2013, 11:20 AM
I don't know what his credentials are but he at least seems to be talking the talk.

"This was a really fantastic time period, and what we want to do is tell the mature version of it,"

"He's very selfish, but the Assassin's Creed is a selfless ideology," says Ismail. "The story is really this inner turmoil he has figuring out who he's really like."

"Pirates have been romanticized in media or any form of entertainment, because of Treasure Island (and) Disney," says Ismail. "We see an opening to do a much more mature version, like the HBO version of pirates."

A mature story and a protagonist not without flaw... Hopefully they manage to actually pull it off.

roostersrule2
03-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Yep games been in development for a year now, that's good to know.

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 11:45 AM
I just saw two/three different names as director, so no idea which one is which.

LoyalACFan
03-04-2013, 11:45 AM
We see an opening to do a much more mature version, like the HBO version of pirates."

Now THIS is interesting... I think there was just a little too much sugarcoating of brutal realities in past AC's. The games kinda felt like they were set in a PG13-rated world ever since AC2.