PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think they shouldn't put story elements in mp anymore?

rupok2
03-04-2013, 03:33 AM
It is kind of annoying. Personally I don't like the mp part of ac games and certainly am not gonna play it to unlock these abstergo videos. I really really hate stuff like this where they put story elements into the multiplayer. Ac has always been a sp game to me and it should remain that way, i don't mind mp being there but don't force me to go on youtube for mysterious story stuff that i can't get.

Instead of doing this stupid stuff why not bring back the glyphs and put the abstergo videos there with other mysterious stuff like ac2 did?

Disciple930
03-04-2013, 03:35 AM
I don't really mind it. Gives incentive to keep playing.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:36 AM
Entitlement...

I`m pretty sure those who ONLY play the Multiplayer would like some story as well...

If you do not care about anyone else, but yourself, why should we care about what you want ?

Ac has always been a sp game to me and it should remain that way

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:38 AM
Yah like how when Daniel Cross showed up in AC3 they totally didnt explain who he was or anything.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:41 AM
It is kind of annoying. Personally I don't like the mp part of ac games and certainly am not gonna play it to unlock these abstergo videos. I really really hate stuff like this where they put story elements into the multiplayer. Ac has always been a sp game to me and it should remain that way, i don't mind mp being there but don't force me to go on youtube for mysterious story stuff that i can't get.

Oh you poor dear, having to look something up on Youtube. Here, lemme hold your hand for you. I'll be ok.

rupok2
03-04-2013, 03:41 AM
Entitlement...

I`m pretty sure those who ONLY play the Multiplayer would like some story as well...

If you do not care about anyone else, but yourself, why should we care about what you want ?
[/COLOR]

O great throwing that word around now?

THey should give players incentive to keep playing but it should not be story elements. Why should I be forced to play multiplayer for the story. Its the same thing as mass effect 3 where u were forced to play multiplayer to get a better/different ending.

Theres no way to force ubisoft to do this but I am wondering if others feel the same way as me. I personally think this new habit of devs mixing mp and sp is very annoying.

rupok2
03-04-2013, 03:42 AM
Oh you poor dear, having to look something up on Youtube. Here, lemme hold your hand for you. I'll be ok.

Its not about youtube its about the fact that its a perfect way to reimplement glyphs from ac2 which I know for a fact many people loved.

Disciple930
03-04-2013, 03:44 AM

THey should give players incentive to keep playing but it should not be story elements. Why should I be forced to play multiplayer for the story. Its the same thing as mass effect 3 where u were forced to play multiplayer to get a better/different ending.

You could achieve all the endings without multiplayer. That's irrelevant anyway.

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 03:46 AM
IMO yes, I don't like MP, I never play MP why should I be left out of the story? The MP is an ADDITION. If people want to, they play it, but for a single-player focused game it's a bad decision.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:48 AM

Theres no way to force ubisoft to do this but I am wondering if others feel the same way as me. I personally think this new habit of devs mixing mp and sp is very annoying.
Well, it`s their game and things move on. You`re supposed to try everything in a game. they`re not forcing you to like MP, they`re forcing you to try, which is justified. If you don't like it, just go on youtube or the Wiki...It`s not that hard.

And it`s not like AC MP has something BIG anyways....It`s not like ME3 at all..

rupok2
03-04-2013, 03:48 AM
IMO yes, I don't like MP, I never play MP why should I be left out of the story? The MP is an ADDITION. If people want to, they play it, but for a single-player focused game it's a bad decision.

Thats what I am saying but apparently I am entitled cause I feel like I am left out cause I don't like a totally separate part of the game.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:49 AM
Thats what I am saying but apparently I am entitled cause I feel like I am left out cause I don't like a totally separate part of the game.
You`re entitled, because of that comment I picked out of your post..

If you don`t want to be labelled and avoid such misunderstandings, choose your words better next time

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:49 AM
Their minor story points anyways. It really just fleshes out the world of AC with Abstergo in it, and gives some backstory to the MP characters, who you don't care about anyways. It's mainly MP story.

rupok2
03-04-2013, 03:50 AM
Well, it`s their game and things move on. You`re supposed to try everything in a game. they`re not forcing you to like MP, they`re forcing you to try, which is justified. If you don't like it, just go on youtube or the Wiki...It`s not that hard.

And it`s not like AC MP has something BIG anyways....It`s not like ME3 at all..

No its actually not justified. You are basically saying its ok to take out parts of the story and then put it in mp cause they want people to play it. How exactly is that justified? I honestly don't care if the story is important or not. The glyphs and these videos are the same exact thing, if they put that in the story mode it would have made things much more interesting since it would be a side mission.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:52 AM
No its actually not justified. Your basically saying its ok to take out parts of the story and then put it in mp cause they want people to play it. How exactly is that justified? I honestly don't care if the story is important or not. The glyphs and these videos are the same exact thing, if they put that in the story mode it would have made things much more interesting since it would be a side mission.
They didn't take anything out of the main story and put it in MP...

The story parts that`re there are additional info on Abstergo and their inner workings..

Eternal Reward
No its actually not justified. Your basically saying its ok to take out parts of the story and then put it in mp cause they want people to play it. How exactly is that justified? I honestly don't care if the story is important or not. The glyphs and these videos are the same exact thing, if they put that in the story mode it would have made things much more interesting since it would be a side mission.

Thats like, your opinion, man.

rupok2
You`re entitled, because of that comment I picked out of your post..

If you don`t want to be labelled and avoid such misunderstandings, choose your words better next time

I said right after what you quoted that I don't mind mp being there apparently you completely ignored that.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:54 AM
I said right after what you quoted that I don't mind mp being there apparently you completely ignored that.

Whats that got to do with the topic?

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 03:55 AM
If they want to add some backstory and minor points that's fine but if it's something that comes up in the next game as a major point then it's a problem.

rupok2
03-04-2013, 03:55 AM
Maybe I am ranting but Idk this recent trend of forcing mp stuff down my throat for a sp game really makes me cringe.

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 03:57 AM
Maybe I am ranting but Idk this recent trend of forcing mp stuff down my throat for a sp game really makes me cringe.
I feel you man.
And then there's fools like these:
"Crytek: 'The notion of single-player has to go away'

http://www.destructoid.com/crytek-the-notion-of-single-player-has-to-go-away--247397.phtml

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:57 AM
Back to arguing...

rupok2
03-04-2013, 03:58 AM
If they want to add some backstory and minor points that's fine but if it's something that comes up in the next game as a major point then it's a problem.

This is why I am getting annoyed.

SPOILER:

Apparently Erudito getting a new member who may possibly be a main character in the future isn't imporant to assassin_M and others and is just a "minor" storyline. It is to me tho and I think it will have significant importance.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 04:03 AM
This is why I am getting annoyed.

SPOILER:

I never played the MP -_- and I know all this

SixKeys
03-04-2013, 04:20 AM
The MP story is pretty much separate from the SP stuff nowadays anyway, or at least so it seems. Back in ACB I got all excited about the idea that modern day Templars were training to defeat the assassins as I thought it would ultimately tie in with Desmond's storyline. I thought that in AC3 we would get epic confrontations between modern day assassins and Templars as we tried to stop the satellite launch.

Then in AC3, they completely abandoned the whole "Templar training" angle and went for the whole Abstergo Entertainment ploy. I was disappointed that they changed direction but ultimately, it may have been a good move. Keeping the MP and SP storylines separate allows the MP devs to play around with ideas that otherwise wouldn't work.

Let's not forget Erudito first showed up in Project Legacy. You could just as easily complain that it was unfair to people who aren't on Facebook.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 04:43 AM
I feel you man.
And then there's fools like these:
"Crytek: 'The notion of single-player has to go away'

http://www.destructoid.com/crytek-the-notion-of-single-player-has-to-go-away--247397.phtml

What is this.. I don't even..

Ontopic, yes. even though I very much like MP, I don't like MP and SP stories mixing. Important SP concepts should be explained in SP only. But tell me. Has that happened yet? Cross was in the comics, Erudito is from Project Legacy, and Osto Berg has his origins in Initiates. None of these are MP-related. I've been playing AC MP since ACR and the only story related elements I've seen are the additional tidbits, in no way indispensable to the SP.

dAnNyKiLlZ
03-04-2013, 08:13 AM
lol its not like they reveal THAT much in multiplayer.. they barely reveal anything. I don't even think they revealed anything in AC3's multiplayer?

SPOILER:

except the fact that erudito stayed in contact with us which we always knew and Ubisoft probably isnt going to do anything to build on that
part of the story anyway seeing as how they mishandled pretty much a ton of other things,

LoyalACFan
03-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Then in AC3, they completely abandoned the whole "Templar training" angle and went for the whole Abstergo Entertainment ploy. I was disappointed that they changed direction but ultimately, it may have been a good move. Keeping the MP and SP storylines separate allows the MP devs to play around with ideas that otherwise wouldn't work.

Otso Berg is still around. And he may even be the protagonist for AC3, we don't know.

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Otso Berg is still around. And he may even be the protagonist for AC3, we don't know.
But Desmond was the modern day port for AC3 >_>

LoyalACFan
03-04-2013, 09:07 AM
But Desmond was the modern day port for AC3 >_>

OK, forgive me for the typo... You know what I meant. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 09:12 AM
OK, forgive me for the typo... You know what I meant. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
You`re sentenced to 45 hours of naked burning with your hands nailed to your arse..

LoyalACFan
03-04-2013, 09:14 AM
You`re sentenced to 45 hours of naked burning with your hands nailed to your arse..

I don't think there's enough of me to burn for 45 hours solid. I'll have to do it in installments.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 09:16 AM
I don't think there's enough of me to burn for 45 hours solid. I'll have to do it in installments.
Ling chi..

Many thousand cuts