PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag Trailer Gameplay Hints

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:06 AM
I was watching the AC4 trailer and noticed at the end, that it seems we can now use individual people as a blend spot(if you don't believe me, the end of the first CG trailer for AC2 showed the hidden gun, and the one for BH showed the recruits, and the one for Rev showed Altair, and the one for AC3 showed -- okay you get the point). I can't say I'm too excited, but nevertheless, maybe it means reworked social stealth? Does anyone else have any interesting finds from the gameplay trailer that could also hint at gameplay?

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:08 AM
Never take CG trailers as "what`s to come" for gameplay...

especially gameplay

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 03:13 AM
Well if you said underwater or that we can use environmental objects I would agree but taking that woman with him is hardly much of a hint.

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:14 AM
Never take CG trailers as "what`s to come" for gameplay...

especially gameplay

Oh I'm aware. Just like how we could fall fifty feet from a noose and survive and then pull up our hood like a boss in Revelations right? What I mean, is in trailers they always save the most impressive thing for last; just like the pistol in AC2, and like the recruits in BH, and Altair in Rev; etc, and these always seem to hint at gameplay or major elements. So why would they put in Eddy hiding next to a seemingly random women if it had no relevance?

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:18 AM
Oh I'm aware. Just like how we could fall fifty feet from a noose and survive and then pull up our hood like a boss in Revelations right? What I mean, is in trailers they always save the most impressive thing for last; just like the pistol in AC2, and like the recruits in BH, and Altair in Rev; etc, and these always seem to hint at gameplay or major elements. So why would they put in Eddy hiding next to a seemingly random women if it had no relevance?
It looked cool. Look, trailers are meant to LOOK cool. Did the fights in ACR play and look as awesome as the trailer ? Could you jump on people ? use their weapons against them ? (Not disarming)

Can you jump that Awesome jump from the AC II trailer ??

Was the blending THAT Awesome from the AC I trailer ? Could you use the crossbow ??

All I`m saying is that tiny gameplay hints are most likely nothing more than showing off or style....

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:26 AM
It looked cool. Look, trailers are meant to LOOK cool. Did the fights in ACR play and look as awesome as the trailer ? Could you jump on people ? use their weapons against them ? (Not disarming)

Was the blending THAT Awesome from the AC I trailer ? Could you use the crossbow ??

All I`m saying is that tiny gameplay hints are most likely nothing more than showing off or style....

Ok it doesn't matter. I just wanted to see if anybody else saw some little stuff like this that could lead to gameplay. The only reason I claim it's relevant is that it's at the END of the trailer. The stuff you showed off wasn't at the END. Lets look at all the AC CGI trailers endings and how they related to gameplay:

AC1 - Blending with scholars. Social stealth and scholars were both big deals.
AC2 - Pistol + the Templar mentioned what happened with Ezio's family. Both of which are two pretty big parts of the game(you could argue about the pistol).
BH - Recruits + Cesare. Gameplay + Main Antagonist.
Rev - Altair. Gameplay + Story
AC3 First trailer - Battles. Gameplay.
AC3 second trailer - assassination during battle. Gameplay + little bit of story.

^ all relevant. Maybe what's more important here is how Blackbeard said Edward had secrets, but the ending seems to be relevant somehow.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:29 AM
Ok it doesn't matter. I just wanted to see if anybody else saw some little stuff like this that could lead to gameplay. The only reason I claim it's relevant is that it's at the END of the trailer. The stuff you showed off wasn't at the END. Lets look at all the AC CGI trailers endings and how they related to gameplay:

AC1 - Blending with scholars. Social stealth and scholars were both big deals.
AC2 - Pistol + the Templar mentioned what happened with Ezio's family. Both of which are two pretty big parts of the game(you could argue about the pistol).
BH - Recruits + Cesare. Gameplay + Main Antagonist.
Rev - Altair. Gameplay + Story
AC3 First trailer - Battles. Gameplay.
AC3 second trailer - assassination during battle. Gameplay + little bit of story.

^ all relevant. Maybe what's more important here is how Blackbeard said Edward had secrets, but the ending seems to be relevant somehow.
All these had nothing to do with little gameplay hints. They were pretty big obvious hints (not to mention that some of the things you put forth have nothing to do with gameplay, but story)

and that`s not even the E3 trailer...all these are E3 trailers...ACBF trailer was just the reveal trailer...so it does not apply properly to your examples..

I`m not trying to bring you down. Just don't want disappointment, because expecting gameplay from CG is just a disillusioned endeavor

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:31 AM
All these had nothing to do with little gameplay hints. They were pretty big obvious hints (not to mention that some of the things you put forth have nothing to do with gameplay, but story)

and that`s not even the E3 trailer...all these are E3 trailers...ACBF trailer was just the reveal trailer...so it does not apply properly to your examples..

I`m not trying to bring you down. Just don't want disappointment, because expecting gameplay from CG is just a disillusioned endeavor

Dude it's cool. At least you're being mature and respectful about it, I was just trying to spur some conversation about new gameplay.

Disciple930
03-04-2013, 03:32 AM
If you disarm someone, and kill them with the weapon you disarmed from them, then yes, you are using their weapons against them.

No, but you could use the hidden gun and hire courtesans.

No, but as the trailer demonstrated, you had a hidden blade, could freerun, and could blend, maybe not as awesomely.

It's not complete blasphemy that elements of the trailer are reflected in the actual game. Diving underwater, as in the trailer, has already been confirmed.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Dude it's cool. At least you're being mature and respectful about it, I was just trying to spur some conversation about new gameplay.
I understand how you want to bring up some discussion fresh from the Ezio/Edward and sexist arguments xD

I think Underwater gameplay will be pretty prominent...oops >_> did I say prominent ? Now everyone is gonna jump and say "AC GAMEPLAY GOING DOWN FRAH FRAH not true AZ gameplayzz" -__-

But yeah....I hope they capitalize on the new Gameplay opportunities

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:34 AM
It's not complete blasphemy that elements of the trailer are reflected in the actual game. Diving underwater, as in the trailer, has already been confirmed.
Wow...You didn't get what I`m trying to say did you ?

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:37 AM
I understand how you want to bring up some discussion fresh from the Ezio/Edward and sexist arguments xD

I think Underwater gameplay will be pretty prominent...oops >_> did I say prominent ? Now everyone is gonna jump and say "AC GAMEPLAY GOING DOWN FRAH FRAH not true AZ gameplayzz" -__-

But yeah....I hope they capitalize on the new Gameplay opportunities

I'm not exactly thrilled with the announcement but I have faith Ubi will provide an entertaining experience. I try to stay positive. I'm really hoping to see co op though. If they don't have co op at least for the NEXT one (I heard Gabe say this one couldn't do it because of engine or Bla Bla) I'll be sorely disappointed. But if they have naval multiplayer, I think I'll buy it.

Disciple930
03-04-2013, 03:41 AM
Wow...You didn't get what I`m trying to say did you ?

My bad, posted that before I saw your reply.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:44 AM
My bad, posted that before I saw your reply.
No harm done:D

i just thought "I actually explained my position above xD":p

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:46 AM
Lets just all act like everybody else! Some examples:

"Connor iz liek so burring he never even got laid"

Or:

"Edward iz liek just liek Ezio because he's heterosexual and beds with women! Uh Ubi hates Indians becuz they won't do another Radoonhacadoen-- I mean Conner gameplay!"

I misspelled Connor on purpose by the way.

k4Anarky2011
03-04-2013, 04:47 AM
I did see Edward dive roll over an obstacle into a takedown, and picking up a random piece of wood and bash someone on the face with it. It seems like there would be a lot of utilizing the environment in combat. Imagine a HUGE tavern brawl and you just kinda "flow" through, smashing chairs on people's head and stuff as counters instead of static, unanimated combat like in AC3.

Also, I guess there are some hints on Edward himself. (But then again, Connor turned out to be a "nicer" person that he appeared in the trailer). The guy certainly oozes swag, and I REALLY REALLY hope he is a much more "colorful" person than his predecessors. He certainly isn't fazed by going into the far-left of the Creed. I mean, shank a dude AND acquired his hoe in the process? That's class right there, y'all. :p

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 04:47 AM
Lets just all act like everybody else! Some examples:

"Connor iz liek so burring he never even got laid"

Or:

"Edward iz liek just liek Ezio because he's heterosexual and beds with women! Uh Ubi hates Indians becuz they won't do another Radoonhacadoen-- I mean Conner gameplay!"

I misspelled Connor on purpose by the way.

hahahhah xD

LoyalACFan
03-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Well, since we're talking about the woman he took with him at the end...

I'm pretty sure she's the same one he was with earlier. Look closely at her face. I think the girl he walks off with is the same one that was in his bed earlier. Now, maybe that means she's a significant character, maybe even a legitimate romantic interest for Edward. Or maybe it just means there's a severe shortage of prostitutes in 18th-century Havana. Either way, I'm pretty sure they're both the same.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Well, since we're talking about the woman he took with him at the end...

I'm pretty sure she's the same one he was with earlier. Look closely at her face. I think the girl he walks off with is the same one that was in his bed earlier. Now, maybe that means she's a significant character, maybe even a legitimate romantic interest for Edward. Or maybe it just means there's a severe shortage of prostitutes in 18th-century Havana. Either way, I'm pretty sure they're both the same.

*rewatches trailer*

I never noticed the face before.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 08:12 AM
yeah, they are one and the same. I spotted that the first time I saw the trailer xD

Or... maybe he was striking a deal with her (in the bed) to assist him in the assassination? :p

LoyalACFan
03-04-2013, 08:13 AM
*rewatches trailer*

I never noticed the face before.

Lol yeah.