PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Present Time Story

Disciple930
03-04-2013, 02:49 AM
Pretty much says it in the title. Honestly, I'm actually kind of excited to see where Ubisoft takes us in modern times. Which is saying something, considering all past games I really couldn't have given two ****'s about the present day story. I'm psyched to see how they'll explore upon the cool Desmond missions that were in 3. Also, new modern day Protag?! YES. Desmond was special because he had such a high concentration of First Civ blood, enough to use the Apples so I suppose the new guy/girl will too.

ince they both share an ancestor in Edward, they're obviously related. I wouldn't like to see us playing Desmond's dad, what I want is a completely new character. A dedicated Assassin who doesn't mess around with his job. Honestly, a more serious and professional assassin to mirror Desmonds arrogance and, well, ******-y-ness.

Thoughts?

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 02:51 AM
I`m going with Otso Berg. The Master Templar from the Multiplayer. Desmond`s genetic memories are uploaded to the cloud. We do not need anyone related to Desmond anymore...

I don't think they`d go through the trouble of making an art model for a specific character without using him somehow and considering he was the ONLY character to get a proper art work, I`d say he`s our next protagonist

Disciple930
03-04-2013, 03:01 AM
I`m going with Otso Berg. The Master Templar from the Multiplayer. Desmond`s genetic memories are uploaded to the cloud. We do not need anyone related to Desmond anymore...

I don't think they`d go through the trouble of making an art model for a specific character without using him somehow and considering he was the ONLY character to get a proper art work, I`d say he`s our next protagonist

Wouldn't that leave people who play AC for the SP a bit in the dark? I'm fine with him if he's the lead, but something tells me that's unlikely. Plus his name is weird.

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 03:03 AM
Wouldn't that leave people who play AC for the SP a bit in the dark? I'm fine with him if he's the lead, but something tells me that's unlikely. Plus his name is weird.
How about Michael Fassbender then >_>

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:04 AM
Not even those who played Multiplayer know him actually...

Will_Lucky
03-04-2013, 03:06 AM
I suspect AC4 is a Abstergo Entertainment game, which eliminates the need for a Modern Story whatsoever. But of course we need some sort of Modern Component unless they intend to drop the entire thing.

Disciple930
03-04-2013, 03:08 AM
Not even those who played Multiplayer know him actually...

Where is he from then?

Disciple930
03-04-2013, 03:08 AM
I suspect AC4 is a Abstergo Entertainment game, which eliminates the need for a Modern Story whatsoever. But of course we need some sort of Modern Component unless they intend to drop the entire thing.

This would be troll of the decade.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Where is he from then?
AC initiates...

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:09 AM
You know they'll catch us up if he is the protagonist. We never even learned his name in Multiplayer, it's all Initiates anyways. I think it's safe to say we will be playing as Otso, considering SPOILER ALERT DUDE that our buddies Abby Industries are in possession of Dezzy's dead body and have synced his memories to the cloud. Vidic would be so proud.

Disciple930
03-04-2013, 03:16 AM
AC initiates...

I applied for a key for that about a month ago.

rupok2
03-04-2013, 03:17 AM
Is there anything really important in the mp storyline? Cause honestly I was never interested in mp and I hate that they integrate story into it. If someone uploads all the clips from ac3 mp that would be great.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:19 AM
I applied for a key for that about a month ago.
It was before the key application thing...

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:21 AM
Is there anything really important in the mp storyline? Cause honestly I was never interested in mp and I hate that they integrate story into it. If someone uploads all the clips from ac3 mp that would be great.
The story videos in ACR and AC III multiplayer are all over youtube and the Dossiers are on the Wiki..

Disciple930
03-04-2013, 03:22 AM
It was before the key application thing...

A month ago was the only time I cared to check out the website.

rupok2
03-04-2013, 03:22 AM
The story videos in ACR and AC III multiplayer are all over youtube and the Dossiers are on the Wiki..

O Sorry I put ac3 abstergo story didnt find anything but I changed it to videos and found it.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:23 AM
A month ago was the only time I cared to check out the website.
AC wiki is the place to go then...

search Otso Berg and you`ll get everything

doogsy91
03-04-2013, 03:31 AM
I suspect AC4 is a Abstergo Entertainment game, which eliminates the need for a Modern Story whatsoever.
That's what I'm hoping for.

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Everyone seems to forget that poll from a while ago which basically confirmed stuff like A NEW MODERN DAY HERO, and other stuff like co op, expanded naval battles, and underwater gameplay.

Disciple930
03-04-2013, 03:40 AM
AC wiki is the place to go then...

search Otso Berg and you`ll get everything

Wow. It would actually be pretty cool to play him. He seems like a badass. Also, would be nice to really have a chance to play from a modern-day Templar with access to almost all their archives.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 03:43 AM
Wow. It would actually be pretty cool to play him. He seems like a badass. Also, would be nice to really have a chance to play from a modern-day Templar with access to almost all their archives.
Yeah...His back-story is pretty interesting...I just hope they don't screw it up this time and tread carefully with Otso; with enough care, this guy could be better than Desmond (not that that`s hard to begin with)

Will_Lucky
03-04-2013, 03:44 AM
Everyone seems to forget that poll from a while ago which basically confirmed stuff like A NEW MODERN DAY HERO, and other stuff like co op, expanded naval battles, and underwater gameplay.

Problem is, the same poll also asked if people would prefer Connor or a new hero. They may very well have eliminated the modern story if the publics voice was strong enough.

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 03:44 AM
Yeah...His back-story is pretty interesting...I just hope they don't screw it up this time and tread carefully with Otso; with enough care, this guy could be better than Desmond (not that that`s hard to begin with)
Even the labour guy who was trying to get into Alta´r's library in Revelations is better than Desmond.

Disciple930
03-04-2013, 03:47 AM
Even the labour guy who was trying to get into Alta´r's library in Revelations is better than Desmond.

Even Duccio is better than Desmond.

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:48 AM

Dezzy had so much potential. I even liked Dezzy's story, but then Revelations came out and well...

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 03:52 AM
Dezzy had so much potential. I even liked Dezzy's story, but then Revelations came out and well...
I wasn't a big fan of Desmond in AC1, it was interesting but there wasn't much to it except walking around 3 rooms with a grainy filter over the screen and sleeping.
AC2 changed that slightly it got interesting, esp because of Shaun and Rebecca's addition and more overall story about the modern day assassins.
AC:B again, they gave me an empty town to run around a bit, and swim in the sewers but that's about it.
AC:R, I sleep the whole time.
AC3 had some interesting stuff to do but then they killed him.

So yeah, basically it was a half assed attempt.

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:56 AM
I wasn't a big fan of Desmond in AC1, it was interesting but there wasn't much to it except walking around 3 rooms with a grainy filter over the screen and sleeping.
AC2 changed that slightly it got interesting, esp because of Shaun and Rebecca's addition and more overall story about the modern day assassins.
AC:B again, they gave me an empty town to run around a bit, and swim in the sewers but that's about it.
AC:R, I sleep the whole time.
AC3 had some interesting stuff to do but then they killed him.

So yeah, basically it was a half assed attempt.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If they were gonna ditch the Modern Day story like they obviously want to, they should just do, instead of killing everybody and continuing the story.

Will_Lucky
03-04-2013, 04:02 AM
My problem with the Desmond story was they basically made him the Ultimate Assassin..and then killed him.

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 04:05 AM
My problem with the Desmond story was they basically made him the Ultimate Assassin..and then killed him.
I could've touched the pedastal to save earth WITHOUT the training :P all in all he didn't need to relive all the memories to save mankind kind of makes it...redundant.

souNdwAve89
03-04-2013, 04:07 AM

Yup... So much for the "knowledge of Altair and the abilities of Ezio". I was hoping we would have Desmond assassinating some targets in AC3, but instead we got errand missions. That one screenshot of Desmond chilling at the top of the beams in the stadium made me think that we were gonna assassinate one of the Templars.

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/5/53/AC3_Desmond_Stadium_Ring.png

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 04:08 AM

Indeed. And that was WAY before any of us had a clue about AC IV. I myself am excited about what happens in the modern day story. That's something since before this, like OP, I wasn't much interested in it. Lets hope the new guy isn't a cardboard cutout like Desmond. :p

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 04:09 AM

Hilariously true. lololol

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 04:11 AM
This always sums it up for me

http://i.imgur.com/Jj8z3.jpg