PDA

View Full Version : Why is he a pirate?

JCearlyyears
03-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Arrggg, he be lookin fer treasure. But seriously, piece(s)of Eden. What do you think?

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 02:01 AM
Arrggg, he be lookin fer treasure. But seriously, piece(s)of Eden. What do you think?

Oh god, I hope not. That would mean we would have the cheesy as hell Roman gods again.......

JCearlyyears
03-04-2013, 02:04 AM
We probably will never escape twcb, it's part of the story, and it will probably play a very large role in the modern day story. I don't have a problem with twcb or the pieces of Eden, I actually like it.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 02:09 AM
As long as they cut down on the cheesiness. I needed some crackers from it.

Rugterwyper32
03-04-2013, 02:10 AM
If he was any sort of Privateer during Queen Anne's War and had a part as an Assassin during that, then the moment that war ended he would have probably turned pirate like many privateers did back then.

Bastiaen
03-04-2013, 02:11 AM
POEs sound about right. Probably also going after specific targets (templars). I also read somewhere that he is actually a privateer, which is legitimate piracy (in the name of some nation, rather than for personal gain alone), rather than just a pirate (though it said he would be a some time pirate).

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 02:13 AM
If he was any sort of Privateer during Queen Anne's War and had a part as an Assassin during that, then the moment that war ended he would have probably turned pirate like many privateers did back then.

It also worked vice-versa back then during war time.

JCearlyyears
03-04-2013, 02:13 AM
Haha, maybe I'm into cheesiness because I liked it all, but what do you think his reason is for pirating? Money? Fame? Killing time? I think the piece of Eden idea works well because it provides a goal that I think makes sense considering he's an assassin, and it would give the assassins power to fight the Templars, and to keep power from the Templars.

k4Anarky2011
03-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Oh god, I hope not. That would mean we would have the cheesy as hell Roman gods again.......
Agree. And no more Desmond and getting yanked out of the Animus BS. You had NO idea of the joy I felt when Desmond dies. :o

If they still want to tell a two sides story, then let us have the option to take them at our own pace.

And OP, the reason that he's a pirate is because if you're stuck in the Caribbean at that particular period of time in history, and your Templar enemies represented Western empires and superpower; generally authority... which group of people would you naturally lean toward?

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 05:29 AM
Agree. And no more Desmond and getting yanked out of the Animus BS. You had NO idea of the joy I felt when Desmond dies. :o

If they still want to tell a two sides story, then let us have the option to take them at our own pace.

haha agreed.

The character trailer describes him as a pirate trained by Assassins. If I had to take a wild guess I'd say he may have been raised as a child a pirate but then rescued by assassins sometime later? Would be a pretty interesting story. Anyhow, maybe the piratey stuff is just a front for his real activity. The trailer hinted at it.

k4Anarky2011
03-04-2013, 05:50 AM
By "real activity"... You mean: killing Templars and stealing their hoes? Hehe I love him already... ;)
I think I know what kind of character Ubi is going for here... He's definitely impulsive. I would say that he actually enjoys his work as a pirate and his past-time as an Assassin (maybe he has grown disillusioned to the Assassin's cause and only saw Templars as "Target: Bad Guy"?)

And you think he would actually be... funny? :eek:

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 06:02 AM
I don't think he'll be funny. He maybe close to what you described k4Anarky2011, kinda like the bad assassin. Brash, rude, enjoys being a pirate etcetra.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 06:19 AM
I see him as being like Bruce Wayne: uses the whole womanizer/pirate thing as a mask.

k4Anarky2011
03-04-2013, 06:31 AM
I see him as being like Bruce Wayne: uses the whole womanizer/pirate thing as a mask.
I would say he's first and foremost, an impulsive adrenaline junkie... The strong and silent, stunt driver type who makes women faint by just being himself. ;). He even looks the part: with long hair and swag strut and focused eyes and stuff.

The Creed never did say that one has to be a stuck-up zealot to the Creed. "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted"

shobhit7777777
03-04-2013, 07:05 AM

I will sue the seven shades of **** out of you for libel....cease and desist or I "scorched earth" your @ss.
For the record, I am NOT a womanizer and the supposition that I use women as a cover for nefarious nocturnal activities is absolute nonsense.

Farlander1991
03-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Why is Edward a pirate? Because...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9bXjttMxKY

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 07:38 AM
I will sue the seven shades of **** out of you for libel....cease and desist or I "scorched earth" your @ss.
For the record, I am NOT a womanizer and the supposition that I use women as a cover for nefarious nocturnal activities is absolute nonsense.

*picks up shovel*

You wanna go buddy?!

5 o'clock, Rachel's grave. Be there, or....don't.

shobhit7777777
03-04-2013, 08:32 AM
*picks up shovel*

You wanna go buddy?!

5 o'clock, Rachel's grave. Be there, or....don't.

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/1481154.jpg

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 08:32 AM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/1481154.jpg

hahahaha xD

JCearlyyears
03-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Why is he a pirate if Assassins seek peace? What's peaceful about challenging ships to battles for loot and to continue to the next island? I also thought that assassins killed bad people in general because it helps and leads to peace. Aren't people who go around killing for personal gain bad people?

emperior
03-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Maybe he found a piece of eden and then some god appeared at him like it happens at Connor or simply the assassins find him and invite to join.

Bastiaen
03-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Why is he a pirate if Assassins seek peace? What's peaceful about challenging ships to battles for loot and to continue to the next island? I also thought that assassins killed bad people in general because it helps and leads to peace. Aren't people who go around killing for personal gain bad people?

What's peaceful about being an assassin? That's the irony that Ezio points out in ACR, that they kill to bring peace. A horrible irony, but they do it anyway.

JCearlyyears
03-07-2013, 10:07 PM
i'd imagine that they'd force him to end pirating though. but... the assassins have lost their way before. We didn't even hear the creed in AC3. Maybe all there is to being an assassin is a hood and hidden blade and the will to kill, sadly. Being an assassin is supposed to bring peace by providing freedom and removing conflict.

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 10:12 PM
The official line from Ubi is that he starts the game as an experienced sailor, having served in the British navy for a time. But then the war ended and he turned to piracy like many other sailors. At some point, he has a fluke run-in with the Assassins, and eventually joins, although it's hard for him to reconcile his selfishness and love for adventure with the Creed.