PDA

View Full Version : Wich story did you like the most.

lothario-da-be
03-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Lets see if its realy true that the story is getting worse. Vote ans say why you think it has the best story.

xboxauditore
03-03-2013, 08:56 PM
3 because it was such a different view, The outsider who is threatened by the opposite side no matter who he chooses, The people and the locations. It's impossible to think that any of the other AC's were better in terms of story.

hellomrdarcy
03-03-2013, 09:08 PM
AC1 and AC3.

D.I.D.
03-03-2013, 09:08 PM
ACB, because it's better to have a knowingly silly pantomime that's tight and consistently engaging from piece to piece than something lofty that reaches way too far beyond the creators' abilities.

Farlander1991
03-03-2013, 09:11 PM
AC3, hands down. In terms of my favourite stories, I rank them:

1. AC3
2. AC1
3. ACR
4. AC2
5. ACB

Disciple930
03-03-2013, 09:14 PM
*SPOILERS*

AC3 by far had my favorite ending. An ending where, multiple times before the game ends, you can say "What a good ending!", and then be treated to more gameplay, and when the game finally ends you're just like "What a ****ing amazing ending!". Of course I'm speaking on Connor's story.

It was very sorrowful, digging Achilles grave, your final words to him, putting up the painting of his lost family, burying the key in his son's grave, taking the hatchet from the post. Killing Lee was probably my favorite scene in the game. Unlike killing Ahmet or Cesare, killing Lee felt like a true ending of Connor's story.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 09:15 PM
1. Ac3
2. Ac i
3. Acr
4. Ac2
5. Acb

nitres15
03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
i canīt say, to me characters are more important than the premise of a game

MadJC1986
03-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Wow, till now AC3 seems to win. I am surprised. After all these flamers saying AC3 had a bad story I expected the result to be worse!

1. Ac3
2. Ac i
3. Acr
4. Ac2
5. Acb

Exactly my opinion, too

Radman500
03-03-2013, 09:22 PM
this thread sure does flip flop

ac3 has the most votes, but i thought connor was the least liked character

no one ever has a steady opinion

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 09:23 PM
I think it's the other way around. We have quite the fandom for Connor here.....

Radman500
03-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I think it's the other way around. We have quite the fandom for Connor here.....
maybe within this community...... but overall he isn't as well liked as ezio or alltair

SixKeys
03-03-2013, 09:24 PM
AC2, then AC1.

MadJC1986
03-03-2013, 09:25 PM
this thread sure does flip flop

ac3 has the most votes, but i thought connor was the least liked character

no one ever has a steady opinion

I don't think Connor was the least like character and even if he was, that doesn't mean, that the story is bad, too.

dxsxhxcx
03-03-2013, 09:25 PM
ancestor:

01. AC1
02. AC2
03. ACR
04. AC3
05. ACB

modern days:

01. AC2 (because of the glyphs)
02. ACB (glyphs and ending)
03. AC1
04. ACR
05. AC3

without count the glyphs:

01. AC1
02. ACB
03. AC2
04. ACR
05. AC3

Radman500
03-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Connor is defintelly the least liked character out of the 3

dxsxhxcx
03-03-2013, 09:28 PM

I'm trying not to judge only the character but events and situations the character experience...

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 09:41 PM
This isn't even about Connor -__-

Jureck0
03-03-2013, 10:27 PM
For me :
AC2
AC3
AC:R
AC:BH
AC1

Rugterwyper32
03-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Past:

AC3
AC1
ACR
AC2/ACB (Considering ACB picks up right from the ending of AC2 and I still feel that as hilarious as it was beating up the pope was highly anti-climactic, I'll take them as one)

Modern day:
AC:B
AC1
AC2
AC3
AC:R

Boulder_Av
03-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Story wise I list the game in this order.

1: AC3 It has a really great story but does not fully develop the way it should. Nice and neat no need to add an another Connor game even though I really want one. Also both him and his father are my favorite two characters from the AC Universe.

2: AC1 A close second. Altair is such a great character and his growth is the best of anyone in the universe. The ending is also very unexpected.

3: ACR A proper send off to our favorite Italian assassin. The Altair segments are also great but way too short.

4: AC2 The locations are spectacular. Ezio's growth is immense from a party boy to a killing machine. His goals also change from revenge to responsibility.

5: ACB Story seems too straight forward. Cesare is not that great of villain. Story does not really move the universe forward until the very end and in a very abrupt manner.

BATISTABUS
03-03-2013, 10:45 PM
1. Ac3/ac1
3. Acr
4. Acb
5. Ac2

rupok2
03-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Ac3 story most well like wtf? I thought ac3 was decent but the story was the most badly paced one out of all the ac games. You guys better go and replay it.

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Assassin's Creed 2, even though it lost some momentum when Ezio got to Venice. I liked the simplicity and the godfather like tale of revenge. The first part, before we got the robe, was just brilliant and something I had never experienced in a game before. Then finding and assassinating the conspirators who had sent Ezio's father and brothers to the gallows was very satisfying. AC2 will always have a special place in my heart!

hellomrdarcy
03-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Ac3 story most well like wtf? I thought ac3 was decent but the story was the most badly paced one out of all the ac games. You guys better go and replay it.

Well, all people don't think like you. Sorry to break it to you.

rupok2
03-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Assassin's Creed 2, even though it lost some momentum when Ezio got to Venice. I liked the simplicity and the godfather like tale of revenge. The first part, before we got the robe, was just brilliant and something I had never experienced in a game before. Then finding and assassinating the conspirators who had sent Ezio's father and brothers to the gallows was very satisfying. AC2 will always have a special place in my heart!

Totally agree.

MadJC1986
03-03-2013, 11:12 PM

Lol, yeah probably you are right and everyone else is wrong....Seriously, those guys think opinions are the expression of facts.....
I am playing AC3's story for the 3rd time now and I still think it has the best story yet.

rupok2
03-03-2013, 11:16 PM
When did I say my opinion was fact? I was merely surprised. You guys need to take a chill pill.

I was also suggesting that maybe people forgot how good it was over the years and I don't agree with them.

RinoTheBouncer
03-03-2013, 11:21 PM
To me, it's a tie between AC2 and AC:R even though I ended up voting for AC:R.

AC:R told 5 main stories: Ezio, Desmond, Clay, Altair and The First Civilization. All those stories had loose ends or were a complete mystery to us like Clay's story whom we couldn't see his face and interact with him properly until AC:R and Desmond's story that ended in a heart-shattering cliffhanger in AC:B. Ezio's story had to be completed here since they already gave us two games, the first talked about his story since birth so we had to see it till the end and it was a very beautiful, touching, dramatic, powerful, heart-shattering and emotion-packed story. Altair is a legendary hero and he can be called The Founder of the Assassins as in his time and with his efforts, the Brotherhood became whole again and his personal life, fears, knowledge, pain and struggle had to be told and despite his segments were short, they were more than touching and the way it was presented and directed was beyond perfection.

Now we leave that period and see the times of The First Civilization. Yes, we did know what happened before or let's say, we could speculate what annihilated their civilization millennia ago but here it's told in details to us and setting everything straight and giving us the coordinates of our next adventure. Even though some might say "Nothing was revealed in AC:Revelations" I'd say, even though AC games make us speculate and analyze a lot, it's good have an adventure that tells us where we are and where we're headed next.

With AC2< I loved it's story so much because it spanned over decades not just a year or too and you can see the changes that happen to Ezio's looks and how he changes after learning a lot of things. Also the game as a whole was long and it's missions felt like a journey of a lifetime starting from birth, skip to teenage, seeking vengeance and then looking for the truth with the Brotherhood. It involved so many characters, most -if not all of them- were memorable and each one of them had an interesting tale to tell.

Felix-Vivo
03-03-2013, 11:28 PM
I voted AC:R, tied with AC3. Couldn't vote for both, now could I :)

I think ACB is overrated. There are great moments in every game, though.

hoodrat94
03-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Assassin's Creed 3 had a decent story, but bad character development, "not-so-great" secondary character and mediocre villain messed it all up. Some missions were quite boring, they never really got to utilize the maps they created, New york opening at seq 9, you merely have few missions left. Frontier was so large and beautiful, and yet you only see it if you were to collect feathers and chests. They had to tether all the things together. Can you compare tomb missions to the catacomb missions? Ah that pleasure of getting Altair's armor! Never had those great moments in ACIII. The story needed to be longer and more descriptive, go there stab that guy, stand there and shoot that guy is quite frustrating. They needed to show more of Connor's struggle, he saw his mother die and bam he is a angry teenager! wth! I ended up liking Haytham more than Connor. They had awesome secondary characters in AC2: Leo, Claudia, Mario, La Volpe. Who are in AC3?

I thought AC3 would be more like the unseen violence of revolutionary war, not about fighting in open battlefield because if you do so you are not an assassin anymore, you become a soldier/fighter or brute. In the end i think AC3 was better off as a new IP, and doesn't deserve assassin's creed in it's title. Fingers crossed for Black Flag, hope they learn from their mistakes.

ajl992008
03-03-2013, 11:42 PM
i honestly can't choose one, I liked ac1,ac2,acr and ac3's story but disliked acb's story so they are all (except acb) equal to me. maybe revelations by small bit purely because it was the conclusion of ezio and altair.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 12:20 AM
When did I say my opinion was fact? I was merely surprised. You guys need to take a chill pill.

I was also suggesting that maybe people forgot how good it was over the years and I don't agree with them.
I played each AC game (barring AC III) over 90 times..... (AC III about 15-20 times) and I still think it has the best story....

Do I get to have a cookie ?

rupok2
03-04-2013, 12:27 AM
I played each AC game (barring AC III) over 90 times..... (AC III about 15-20 times) and I still think it has the best story....

Do I get to have a cookie ?

Is ac the only game you ever played? Cause thats close to 10 thousand hours or more.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Is ac the only game you ever played? Cause thats close to 10 thousand hours or more.
No. I play a lot of other games and no, it took me less than 10 thousand hours....

But I probably poured a lot of time into these games....I`m a walking AC encyclopedia...CALL ME BOSS !!!!

ACfan443
03-04-2013, 12:39 AM
No. I play a lot of other games and no, it took me less than 10 thousand hours....

But I probably poured a lot of time into these games....I`m a walking AC encyclopedia...CALL ME BOSS !!!!

Have you memorised all the dialogue? I'd be really surprised if you haven't :p

rupok2
03-04-2013, 12:39 AM

Where IS CHARLES LEEEEEEEEEEEE??????

Assassin_Banana
03-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Assassin's Creed 3 had a decent story, but bad character development, "not-so-great" secondary character and mediocre villain messed it all up. Some missions were quite boring, they never really got to utilize the maps they created, New york opening at seq 9, you merely have few missions left. Frontier was so large and beautiful, and yet you only see it if you were to collect feathers and chests. They had to tether all the things together. Can you compare tomb missions to the catacomb missions? Ah that pleasure of getting Altair's armor! Never had those great moments in ACIII. The story needed to be longer and more descriptive, go there stab that guy, stand there and shoot that guy is quite frustrating. They needed to show more of Connor's struggle, he saw his mother die and bam he is a angry teenager! wth! I ended up liking Haytham more than Connor. They had awesome secondary characters in AC2: Leo, Claudia, Mario, La Volpe. Who are in AC3?

I thought AC3 would be more like the unseen violence of revolutionary war, not about fighting in open battlefield because if you do so you are not an assassin anymore, you become a soldier/fighter or brute. In the end i think AC3 was better off as a new IP, and doesn't deserve assassin's creed in it's title. Fingers crossed for Black Flag, hope they learn from their mistakes.

I agree in most of it, but i think the game felt unfinished and lacked cohesion in story. Not in all parts, but the game indeed lacked character development on Connor :( maybe it was because one can actually relate to his character but felt like his personality didn't had the chance to mature and help us look beyond him. It was more like all of what could have helped us to understand Connor more was skipped. Something like: we needed to see him interact with Achilles more, his teachings and a little more assassin philosophy i missed that from AC1.
It is still, the best story so far, because many people got attached to it and comment on it. AC2 characters where black and white and 2 dimensional sometimes. You don't have that at all in AC3, you can feel for the Templars for the first time and i also liked the Desmond parts, they were better than the previous ones.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Oh yes I can easily quote any scene from any of the games right at the moment...

Only one I seemed to have difficulty with was ACB:confused:
dunno why....it`s not even my least favorite game...

SixKeys
03-04-2013, 01:17 AM
What I don't understand is why you keep telling people how much you hate AC2 yet you've played it over 90 times. When I hate a game, I just, y'know...don't play it.

Soulid_Snake
03-04-2013, 01:22 AM
i canīt say, to me characters are more important than the premise of a game

This is very true!

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-04-2013, 01:25 AM
AC2 without a question was my favorite story.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 01:38 AM
What I don't understand is why you keep telling people how much you hate AC2 yet you've played it over 90 times. When I hate a game, I just, y'know...don't play it.
Not necessarily..

The Story, in terms of an epic adventure feeling, is great and I enjoy going on that Adventure. The Glyphs are fascinating as well, I constantly challenged myself to find codes and new, otherwise easily miss-able information and I love cracking them codes, I also loved the secret locations...

All AC games are generally great games and they`re all part of a one core lore..If I let my preference get in the way of how I understand the story, then there`s no need in buying the games anymore. I should just stop and end it there...

monoman32
03-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Your never forget your first.

Will_Lucky
03-04-2013, 02:37 AM
Whoops accidently voted AC3...thank you broken mouse.

Anyways, in rank.

1. ACR
2. AC2
3. AC1
4. ACB
5. AC3

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 04:32 AM
Whoops accidently voted AC3...thank you broken mouse.

It was your destiny. Blaming your poor mouse is futile.

Anyway, storywise? AC3 hands down. A lot of people pull it up for poor pacing, slow start, late entry of Connor etc, but IMO it got so many things right. For the first time since AC1 we got the greyness back, that's a big win in my books. I dearly hope they continue it in AC IV (by the looks of it, it seems they will.) That feeling of confusion after killing a target. The villains were amongst the best in the series. The ending of Connor, his realization. Washington's betrayal, the relationship between Conor and Achilles.. so many awesome moments in this game.

Next comes AC1. The same reasons, the moral ambiguity, very very interesting villains. Those death speeches, always give me goosebumps.

Then.. ACR. Good story overall, some interesting characters, some interesting Templars, but should have been longer can't blame them though because of the dev cycle.

Then comes AC2. Workable story, but a very cliched one. And the villains.. they were the second-worst in the series. Felt like cartoon characters being evil just for the lulz and teh powah!

Last comes.. ACB. Was there even a story in this one? I felt it could have been wrapped up in 3 sequences max. They stretched it out to make a full game. And the villains, worst templar crew ever. IMO they are an embarrassment, infact the entire game's story was. That this was originally supposed to be a DLC clearly shows.

Also, hurrah for the most hated game winning by a landslide. :)

NvmberFiveUA
03-04-2013, 04:35 AM
I loved AC3 it was such a leap for me in terms of gameplay. I hated Ezio's trilogy I didn't even finish ACR.

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 04:35 AM
Here is my list:
AC1
AC2
ACR

And then the least favourite of mine both come together - AC3 and ACB

lothario-da-be
03-04-2013, 07:24 PM
I expected ac1 and acr to have more votes.

LieutenantJojo
03-04-2013, 07:28 PM
1. Ac3
2. Acr
3. Ac2
4. Ac1
5. Acb