PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag free roam With ship

Septiva85
03-03-2013, 08:42 PM
It would be really cool if Ubisoft was able to make a free roam for ships. Assassins creed 3 was awsome especially with the naval missions, but what would be even better is if ubisoft can make anything thats naval free roam. Assassins creed 3 had an awesome feel to be able captain your own ship but i wouldnt be able to enjoy the ship or its upgrades with all the fighting. So something came to me and i told myself it would be really cool if we could freeroam with ships. we can cruise with the ship around areas or islands, dock at any place, and even randomly fight enemy ships, and if we wanted to we didnt just want to destroy the ship we could board it and fight anyone on it. Those are just somethings that iwould like to see in assassins creed 4. If anyone else has ideas i would really like to hear them.

Disciple930
03-03-2013, 08:45 PM
If there's no ship free-roaming, then it might as well be set in ancient China. That's one of the main allures of any pirate game.

Billiam301
03-03-2013, 09:18 PM
I seriously hope there is naval free roam, so you can drop anchor at any random island and explore or raid ships to steal their treasure. I hope the Caribbean Sea will be like the Frontier of AC4

Septiva85
03-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Exactly thats what im hoping for

DisbandedBox359
03-03-2013, 11:52 PM
can see it being similar to the normandy in mass effect, you can pick any planet ( or in this case island) and go there

Abeonis
03-04-2013, 12:18 AM
can see it being similar to the normandy in mass effect, you can pick any planet ( or in this case island) and go there

Indeed. I fully expect the 'Frontier'/'Kingdom' of this game to be a fully traversable Caribbean Sea with various islands dotted about; the main cities (i.e. Havanna, Nassau etc.) will be reached by sailing to certain waypoints, whilst the islands within will have port towns that can be docked in. Kenway's vessel will likely serve as the Homestead of this game, with the missions for the crew serving to strengthen his vessel and/or improve his pirate-rating.

dbuddy101
03-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Indeed. I fully expect the 'Frontier'/'Kingdom' of this game to be a fully traversable Caribbean Sea with various islands dotted about; the main cities (i.e. Havanna, Nassau etc.) will be reached by sailing to certain waypoints, whilst the islands within will have port towns that can be docked in. Kenway's vessel will likely serve as the Homestead of this game, with the missions for the crew serving to strengthen his vessel and/or improve his pirate-rating.
This. It would be awesome to have the home base be the ship itself, and not a fixated location.

Bastiaen
03-04-2013, 02:16 AM
It always bothered me that I couldn't fully explore the Aquila (I am by no means an AC3 hater, I love every one of the games). I had hoped I would be able to go below deck. I felt like the naval experience of AC3 was somewhat disconnected from the rest of the game. I'm assuming since AC4 is so focused on the naval experience, that it will seem much more natural.

monoman32
03-04-2013, 03:01 AM
Agree with everything in the thread. Also I hope you can give the wheel to one of your crew mates so you can do whatever you want. Also you can just chose a location and your ship mates will navigate your ship and you can just enjoy the ride or just skip it. Kind of like Red Dead.

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:18 AM
I think it's safe to say we will free roam. When people said they wanted more naval and a free roam naval game they thought it meant a pirate game. Oh well...guess I have to go preorder and wait like a giddy schoolgirl for the release.

Septiva85
03-04-2013, 03:48 AM
That would be really cool to go below deck and check everything out down there

Septiva85
03-04-2013, 03:49 AM
Agree with everything in the thread. Also I hope you can give the wheel to one of your crew mates so you can do whatever you want. Also you can just chose a location and your ship mates will navigate your ship and you can just enjoy the ride or just skip it. Kind of like Red Dead.

that would be nice for your crew mates to sail while you relax and watch the scenery

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 03:50 AM
That would be really cool to go below deck and check everything out down there

Ubi, even this guy who has 3 POSTS! Is doing your job better than you. Why wasn't this in AC3? Really? Better fix it while you have the chance.

rileypoole1234
03-04-2013, 04:19 AM
There better bloody well be free roam. They said there would be in AC3 and we didn't get it, but the nature of Pirates makes it seem obvious that we'll be able to.

Septiva85
03-04-2013, 04:20 AM
Ubi, even this guy who has 3 POSTS! Is doing your job better than you. Why wasn't this in AC3? Really? Better fix it while you have the chance.

Thank you, and they should fix it

NvmberFiveUA
03-04-2013, 04:37 AM
It would be amazing traveling to different islands or even a continent.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 04:55 AM

Oh creative gods, please make this happen. :D I'm excited just by reading it. xD

Gi1t
03-04-2013, 04:55 AM
Absolutely! If this game can have an overworld like Windwaker, I might actually be interested in trying it just for that. It's not just about the big cities, but all those little islands out there with any number of surprises on them.

Septiva85
03-04-2013, 05:12 AM
Does anybody else think it would be useful when your out navigating with your ship to have naval peddlers. Just a thought tell me what you guys think, and leave more ideas.

XgasmloverX
03-04-2013, 05:54 AM
It would be awesome if they put in a naval free-roam, with a few templar scum roaming around an island; an island which WE might be able to go in

mattduck69
03-04-2013, 06:06 AM
It would be absolutly awesome(but a long shot) if we could go up north to around greenland. There was only one peg leg mission in AC3 there and the ice and snow and the cold waters just looked amazing and left me scratching my head why they didnt have this beautiful landscape in the game more?

LieutenantJojo
03-04-2013, 11:53 AM
So apparently there will be free roam with your ship. It'll be kind of like the Frontier in AC3. In the Horizon (as they called it in an interview) you will be able to do all sorts of stuff, like hunting, plundering convoys, visiting around 50 locations,....

xbox360gamer89
03-04-2013, 01:14 PM
i hope you can board other ships

AjinkyaParuleka
03-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Yes please,Naval freeroam,Roaming the ship,checking out le crew would be a super0cool idea.
By the preview I think we are gonna get that.And those saying why ac3 never had naval freeroam..well ac3 was a testing ground for naval combat^^

LieutenantJojo
03-04-2013, 02:11 PM
i hope you can board other ships

Normally, you should be able to. At least, that's what I read in an article earlier today.