PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think they got rid of the beaked hood?

rupok2
03-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Ok So all the other complaints can be put aside about Edward. Whether he is a Ezio clone we don't know. Is he a womanizer? we don't know he could have walked in on the women. All of those are assumptions. So lets focus on some facts.

Why the hell do you think Ubi got rid of the beaked hood? I personally think its as iconic to the series as the hidden blade, otherwise assassins look like some kind of bandit. We all know most of the later outfits are usually designed around the original, so I get the feeling even later outfits wont have the hood anymore. I personally have no idea why Ubi would do this so I am asking for your opinions.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Maybe he is a rogue assassin?

kriegerdesgottes
03-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Also the main assassin blade has always been on the left arm. And he is wearing the main blade on his right arm in the shots. So there must be something different about this assassin.

rupok2
03-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Maybe he is a rogue assassin?

Could be. Maybe he was brash and arrogant like Altair was and didn't want to listen to the Assassin head's.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Could be. Maybe he was brash and arrogant like Altair was and didn't want to listen to the Assassin head's.

And unlike Altair he didn't mend his ways? I can certainly see it. Given that he previously was a pirate before dem Assassins trained him.

rupok2
03-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Also the main assassin blade has always been on the left arm. And he is wearing the main blade on his right arm in the shots. So there must be something different about this assassin.

I already pretty much proved yesterday that the hidden blades in the shot and the trailer are the same, there are two of them. I think edward is left handed so he had the sword in his left hand on the cover.

BoeserBengel83
03-03-2013, 04:53 PM
I guess that it just changes from person to person, maybe the modern day Assassin will wear the "beaked hood", until now, nothing is known about the character who will replace Desmond.

D.I.D.
03-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Because it will be better when all of that is gone. It's getting very silly. The player has to activate special powers to pick out a Templar in a crowd, but you don't need Eagle Vision to spot the assassin.

Altair's robes made perfect sense to blend him with monks. Ezio's various costumes stretched the idea of moving invisibly to absurdity, and Connor stood out like a sore thumb because nobody looked anything like him at all. He only ever looked like part of his surroundings when on board a ship. If the series is tied to some arbitrary sartorial details, eventually that credulity would snap: whole time periods and locations would be ruled out, just because of something that used to work.

The hood is iconic of the first games, but it doesn't have to stay that way. It would be better if each assassin was the iconic feature of his/her games.

D.I.D.
03-03-2013, 05:01 PM
I already pretty much proved yesterday that the hidden blades in the shot and the trailer are the same, there are two of them. I think edward is left handed so he had the sword in his left hand on the cover.

He seems to be ambidextrous.

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 05:04 PM
He's right. First time they've really shown the hidden blade only on the right hand. As for the beaked hood who knows. Maybe it'll actually be in game.

But the staples are all going fast.

Barely any sync towers. His face wasn't Desmonds. He didn't even have the scar.

The only thing I find truly iconic that is left is the fact that all the assassins in Desmonds bloodline walk the same and that's just the engines fault.

You can tell they only updated the engine and didn't make an all new one like they said before AC3 came out because Conner, while swaying and moving a bit different still walks like Altair. I love that fact though.

dxsxhxcx
03-03-2013, 05:10 PM
IMO the piece of red cloth in the outfits is more important than the beaked hood, so I don't mind if they decide the beak in the hood isn't necessary anymore..

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 05:11 PM
IMO the piece of red cloth in the outfits is more important than the beaked hood, so I don't mind if they decide the beak in the hood isn't necessary anymore..

Yeah, reminds me of revelation's Ezio tbh.

deskp
03-03-2013, 05:14 PM
He wears the same blade on each arm as far as i can tell..

I like that this hood doesent have a beak, it looks cool and it adds some variety with the assassins.

montagemik
03-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Does the beaked hood actually matter for AC BF ?

AC 4 BF is set before AC-3 , Achilles & Connor both had the beaked hood back , so it's not like it's the complete end of that design element .

Also , Nothing we've seen so far has been said to come from the finished product .....................It's all promotional preview stuff so far isn't it ?

nukelukespuke34
03-04-2013, 03:56 AM
Because Ubisoft likes to change things around from time to time, even when they are perfectly fine, as evidenced by, well, everything in ACIII. Once I saw Desmond put on the hood and it wasn't beaked, I started wondering how long the beaked hood was gonna last in the series.

Farlander1991
03-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Why the hell Desmond's hoodie would have a beaked hood, though?

I don't mind that Edward's hood is not beaked. After all, not all Assassins have beaked hoods. And his name doesn't have anything to do with an Eagle. Plus, maybe they want beaked hoods to be an iconic part of the original trilogy protagonists.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 04:11 AM
Is this like the scar as well ??

Just like the scar, beaked hoods are not hereditary traits

VitaminsXYZ
03-04-2013, 04:13 AM
It's so out of style.
http://media.tumblr.com/c6859bf26e629283ca03e153a36e7f8f/tumblr_inline_mj1s8xDviL1qz4rgp.png

souNdwAve89

Yes, the hidden blade has normally been on the left arm of the user, but it is not any different how Desmond had his hidden blade on the right arm in AC3. I doubt he is "different" just because he used a certain blade on one arm than the other.

As for the beaked hood, I do not see a problem with it. The Assassin is not defined by the outfit or hidden blade like it was once was during the old days. Connor's hood didn't resemble a beak either. I'm fine with the ordinary hood like Desmond's.

ProletariatPleb
I'll be honest(not that I was lying before) it hardly matters to me the scar and beak was creative but it wasn't necesary, I don't mind as long as the outfit SCREAMS "ASSASSIN!"

Here, have a picture to cheer you up:
http://i.imgur.com/annbmla.jpg

rupok2
Why the hell Desmond's hoodie would have a beaked hood, though?

I don't mind that Edward's hood is not beaked. After all, not all Assassins have beaked hoods. And his name doesn't have anything to do with an Eagle. Plus, maybe they want beaked hoods to be an iconic part of the original trilogy protagonists.

Nope we have no indication of that since assassins like Nikolai Orelov had it.

rileypoole1234
03-04-2013, 04:16 AM
I suspect Edward will be rebellious and not cater to all of the tenets of the Creed. He is a Pirate after all.