PDA

View Full Version : Please no QTE for animals

WakefulRainbow6
03-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Please please ubisoft lose in black flag the Quick Time Events for animals.

it would be awsome if the combat system with animals could be as advanced as the normal combat system. and especially don't use the same camera angle over and over again the wolves became real annoying. As we can tell from pictures and trailers there wil be underwater gameplay but please pleasy don't make a qte dodging a shark.

ToniTorsi
03-03-2013, 04:22 PM
My god, I agree so bad.

I don't know who in Ubisoft was the one with the idea that button prompts for hunting animals could work.

It was a horrid idea.

They should just leave the button prompts to seamlessly dodge incoming attacks. And please, don't make that a QTE/ mini cutscene as well, let us be in control the whole time.

Also, bigger animal predators should kill other animals to eat like in Red Dead Redemption / Skyrim to up the immersion.

And make certain animals appear in daytime, others exclusively available in nighttime.

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 04:26 PM
I didn't mind it. I mean, I think it'd be hard for them to work in a way to really fight the animals. It'd be too much. They just need some more camera angles and different types of attacks from the wolves so it's not always the same or something.

Or just let us counter with 0 ourselves or something.

GunnarGunderson
03-03-2013, 04:27 PM
there shouldn't be a combat system for animals. If you see a jaguar or something you should RUN OR DIE

WalSwJan
03-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I can't think of other ways to do this. They should just put in different animations...

rupok2
03-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Ya agree whole heatedly. They should replace the qte's with the regular combat system or something similar.

But I guess its kind of hard to do it without qte's.

hupponen
03-03-2013, 04:33 PM
I would like animal fighting like in the E3 demo. That you can dodge them or kill them, it gets really boring just to tap two buttons every time and they immediatily die. :I

ACfan443
03-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Completely agree, I hate the QTEs.

rupok2
03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
I think my hatred from the qte's comes from the wolves on the captain kidd's island. I am using a keyboard, its extremely frustrating to be told to press certain buttons quickly.

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 04:40 PM
I think my hatred from the qte's comes from the wolves on the captain kidd's island. I am using a keyboard, its extremely frustrating to be told to press certain buttons quickly.
Yup, exactly. I also hated that i was trying to run, but the **** QTE popped up when an animal attacked and Connor would keep turning to face the animal. It was so annoying because you didn't actually have a choice, run or fight.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Yup, exactly. I also hated that i was trying to run, but the **** QTE popped up when an animal attacked and Connor would keep turning to face the animal. It was so annoying because you didn't actually have a choice, run or fight.

Yeah that one in particular was horrible. Finally I said **** it and went ahead without full sync.

ToniTorsi
03-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I didn't mind it. I mean, I think it'd be hard for them to work in a way to really fight the animals. It'd be too much. They just need some more camera angles and different types of attacks from the wolves so it's not always the same or something.

Or just let us counter with 0 ourselves or something.

Red Dead Redemption worked around that very well.

And easily.

hupponen
03-03-2013, 05:15 PM

And easily.

Well yeah.. But at that time there already were automatic guns, or then he'd just knife them to death :I

WalSwJan
03-03-2013, 05:17 PM

And easily.

Well,it's easier to kill something with guns.

ToniTorsi
03-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Well,it's easier to kill something with guns.

You could also kill wild cats and wolves with a Knife in RDR.

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 05:20 PM

And easily.

Heh, like everyone is saying... You just stood there and shot them. With Conner you could do that too and kill them. Sure in Red Dead they could run up and bite you without an annoying QTE... But all you could do is waggle the stick to escape then run off and stand there to shoot them again.

As for the knife comment. He was just swinging that thing around randomly and it's kind of fromage. That's not the way the combat or engine works in AC so they obviously can't do that.

ToniTorsi
03-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Well yeah.. But at that time there already were automatic guns, or then he'd just knife them to death :I

Well there are guns in AC4 too, so like the saying goes... eye for and eye, tooth for a tooth ;)

They should adapt Rockstart's ability to make everything in the world work seamlessly and dynamically.
Its what made RDR so omnipotent.

deskp
03-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Only time and money is limiting them from using normal combat system with animals.

Yes QTE's are no fun.

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Only time and money is limiting them from using normal combat system with animals.

Yes QTE's are no fun.

This all the way. It'd take time and money to work that into their already made engine that they always use every game. They stretch themselves thin as it is apparently with these yearly releases. Hell, this is a numbered one which is nuts.

D.I.D.
03-03-2013, 05:27 PM
I hope there's no more animal killing at all. It made some sense for Connor, as hunting was part of his culture, but he was buckling the "respect for nature" factor somewhat by becoming a one-man abattoir. It would be a shame if all the games had to have animal killing just because one game did.

http://i.imgur.com/IvofLsr.jpg

arrr squiddy
i gots nothin' against ye
i just heard there was gold in yer belly

HisSpiritLives
03-03-2013, 05:30 PM
This is good point,i hope Ubi see this!

AjinkyaParuleka
03-03-2013, 06:22 PM
I hope there's no more animal killing at all. It made some sense for Connor, as hunting was part of his culture, but he was buckling the "respect for nature" factor somewhat by becoming a one-man abattoir. It would be a shame if all the games had to have animal killing just because one game did.

http://i.imgur.com/IvofLsr.jpg

arrr squiddy
i gots nothin' against ye
i just heard there was gold in yer belly
I probably think hunting of animal was totally legit at the given time period.Also,its a game,they won't harm real life population.And a good method to make dem animal lovers cry(Ironic,I am an animal lover too).
No QTE please.It should be either Run,Stand and Fight or Die.Even the run should be like a chase were things are exact opposite,we are the prey,and the animal is the predator.

Lass4r
03-03-2013, 06:27 PM
My god, I agree so bad.

I don't know who in Ubisoft was the one with the idea that button prompts for hunting animals could work.

It was a horrid idea.

They should just leave the button prompts to seamlessly dodge incoming attacks. And please, don't make that a QTE/ mini cutscene as well, let us be in control the whole time.

Also, bigger animal predators should kill other animals to eat like in Red Dead Redemption / Skyrim to up the immersion.

And make certain animals appear in daytime, others exclusively available in nighttime.
Actually, predators hunt other animals in AC3, it's just rare to see. You often see carcasses lying around as clues though.

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Well there are guns in AC4 too, so like the saying goes... eye for and eye, tooth for a tooth ;)

So.....you want Edward to nibble his enemies to death?

Billiam301
03-03-2013, 07:27 PM
I think they should use a normal combat system but if it's free roam underwater, they'll probably have to use QTE as you can't use weapons underwater