PDA

View Full Version : AC Black Flag...Underwater Combat?

wackywaffles2
03-03-2013, 01:40 PM
So far, 2 trailers have been leaked(feel bad for Ubi at this point) and the first, shows Edward swimming underwater. Now personally I love seeing games actually allowing you to go underwater(Just Cause 2, Far Cry 3 for example) and if they finally add this feature to Black Flag I will probably be one of the happiest people alive.....over exaggerating but still. Not sure how combat underwater would work, not even sure if they would allow you to fight underwater. But i would like to hear opinions about this if the feature gets added.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 01:43 PM
I don't think will be underwater gameplay in AC4, cuz as we all know the trailers are nothing like the actual game. :p

lothario-da-be
03-03-2013, 01:44 PM
I don't think we will b able to fight underwater.

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 01:45 PM
I don't think will be underwater gameplay in AC4, cuz as we all know the trailers are nothing like the actual game. :p
Wanna beat that there will be underwater gameplay?

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 01:46 PM
We can swim underwater(don't ask for a source dammit) but I don't know about combat.

LieutenantJojo
I can see them adding underwater gameplay, to enter certain areas or to get to certain treasures, but actual underwater COMBAT? I don't think so. The only thing I could see happening is having to hit the counter-button to evade an incoming shark or something.

Escappa
I think it would be cool with some sort of battle-system underwater...if they get it right, and tbh I'm not really sure how they could get it right. I'm worried that it would look clumsy. But from ehat I've seen so far the game looks awesome. I'm only sceptical to one thing...if we swim under water, shouldn't the gun powder be wet and useless? That is a thing I hope they add...that when you have swum under water you have to reload all guns, so you have to be more tactical in combat.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 01:47 PM
We can swim underwater(don't ask for a source dammit) but I don't know about combat.

Come on Sid. Spill the beans! What else you you know xD

Are you the same guy leaking all these stuff? Hmm....

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Come on Sid. Spill the beans! What else you you know xD

Are you the same guy leaking all these stuff? Hmm....
No I'm not "leaking" anything. I'm just collecting whatever I find.

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 01:48 PM
My guess is that it will be primarily QTE based. Hopefully there will be some other options, or at least a more dynamic kind of QTE (for example the upcoming God Of War has an interesting take on it with dodge and attack options). Building an entire fleshed out combat system for underwater gameplay seems a bit too much.

pacmanate
03-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Of course you will be able to swim underwater it was in the Vita game. As for Combat, why? and NO.

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Let Corey May out of your basement!

Aphex_Tim
03-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Maybe we can ride sharks.
And later upgrade them with chainsaws, laserbeams and flamboyant moustaches.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 01:50 PM

lmao!

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 01:53 PM
But Corey May doesn't design the game ._.

Escappa
03-03-2013, 01:56 PM
But Corey May doesn't design the game ._.

:D haha, made my day

wackywaffles2
03-03-2013, 02:02 PM
My guess is that it will be primarily QTE based. Hopefully there will be some other options, or at least a more dynamic kind of QTE (for example the upcoming God Of War has an interesting take on it with dodge and attack options). Building an entire fleshed out combat system for underwater gameplay seems a bit too much.
Yeah, I see what you mean about quck time events. Will most likely happen, but if they detail the underwater setting like in the trailer I wouldn't even mind.

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I see what you mean about quck time events. Will most likely happen, but if they detail the underwater setting like in the trailer I wouldn't even mind.

I agree, the main draw of the underwater gameplay is exploration not combat fro me. If they cheat a bit and do a simple QTE system to fight with sharks, that is ok imo. If they flesh it out a little bit more that would be better, but I'm fine either way. Just want to swim around an observe all the beauty :)

HisSpiritLives
03-03-2013, 02:19 PM
So? will we have sharks now?

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 02:22 PM
I think it would be cool with some sort of battle-system underwater...if they get it right, and tbh I'm not really sure how they could get it right. I'm worried that it would look clumsy. But from ehat I've seen so far the game looks awesome. I'm only sceptical to one thing...if we swim under water, shouldn't the gun powder be wet and useless? That is a thing I hope they add...that when you have swum under water you have to reload all guns, so you have to be more tactical in combat.I think this pretty much answers you question about the powder.http://www.enternity.gr/files/Image/News/Games/Assassins_Creed_4_Black_Flag_News_Image_06.jpg

You can see a shark in the trailer, so i guess it's confirmed.

wackywaffles2
03-03-2013, 02:24 PM
I'd rather have krakens...

AjinkyaParuleka
03-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Uh...which trailer you saw sharks?

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 02:38 PM
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/512/36693366.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/248/36693366.jpg/)

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 02:39 PM

Look in the background ;). There is also like a 0% chance Ubi develops a pirate game set in the Caribbean, with underwater gameplay that doesn't have sharks.

http://i.minus.com/ilrTJnaFQBLLf.PNG

Edit: Blast, too slow :mad:!

AjinkyaParuleka
03-03-2013, 02:51 PM
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/512/36693366.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/248/36693366.jpg/)

Thanks,didn't notice it.

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 02:58 PM
I'd rather have krakens...
If not a kraken than Cthulhu.
http://justinawilliams.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/cthulhu_rising_by_somniturne1.jpg

Bashilir
03-03-2013, 03:04 PM
If Ubisoft would give us a demo for us to play(which they most likely won't) I would be SO happy. Anyway, I honestly don't want combat, now, what would I like, you ask? Well, I'd rather have a hiding type thing. I.e, you're chilling while swimming underwater and, you see a shark in the background. So, instead of just swimming right at him and punching him in the face(AWESOME) you have to go and hide in a sunken ship or something. Just my 2 cents.

Billiam301
03-03-2013, 05:01 PM
I noticed a screenshot from the actual game of a whale jumping out of water which means there will be wildlife underwater and probably sharks. As for the combat system, I doubt you could use weapons underwater, so it'll probably have to be Quick Time Events, which is a shame because I hate them :L

HisSpiritLives
03-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks,didn't notice it.

Acttualy i didnt notice it ,i just guessed

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 05:30 PM
I noticed a screenshot from the actual game of a whale jumping out of water which means there will be wildlife underwater and probably sharks. As for the combat system, I doubt you could use weapons underwater, so it'll probably have to be Quick Time Events, which is a shame because I hate them :L
A shark appears in the trailer, so they are confirmed.
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/512/36693366.jpg
The underwater gameplay is not going to be based on QTE's, it's going to be like in Assassin's Creed Liberation. And there won't be weapons underwater either, as seen in this screenshot.
http://www.enternity.gr/files/Image/News/Games/Assassins_Creed_4_Black_Flag_News_Image_06.jpg

deskp
03-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Sounds like people expect udner water "open world" but im pretty sure its gonna be part of missions, no free roam.

lothario-da-be
03-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Sounds like people expect udner water "open world" but im pretty sure its gonna be part of missions, no free roam.
Does FC3 have underwater free-roam?

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Why wouldn't it be free roam?

AidenPixxel
03-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Does FC3 have underwater free-roam?

yes

TheBearJew32
03-03-2013, 05:55 PM
God if there's sharks in this one like in Far Cry 3...just attacks you out of nowhere by surprise..might as well play the game in the bathroom... at least it would be somewhat acceptable to piss myself there

nitres15
03-03-2013, 06:01 PM
are there any large dangerous reptiles in the caribbean ? Because the far cry 3 crocodiles scares the **** out of me

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 06:04 PM
are there any large dangerous reptiles in the caribbean ? Because the far cry 3 crocodiles scares the **** out of me
There are crocodiles, iguanas and lots of snakes.

SixKeys
03-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Iguanas aren't dangerous, are they?

hupponen
03-03-2013, 06:06 PM
That one side mission in FC3 where you have to investigate the underwater cave and the crocodile attacks you in the end.. Almost had a heart attack.

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Iguanas aren't dangerous, are they?
Not really, but the can bite you if they feel threatened.

TheBearJew32
03-03-2013, 06:08 PM
haha actually, they can be. they have pretty sharp teeth and some can be aggressive. a lot of people don't know this

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 06:09 PM
haha actually, they can be. they have pretty sharp teeth and some can be aggressive. a lot of people don't know this
Yeah they can inflict some nasty wounds, but they are not exactly life threatening animals.

SixKeys
03-03-2013, 06:14 PM

A friend of mine used to have an iguana as a pet, he never acted aggressively at all. Then again, the person kept him on a strict diet so he wouldn't grow too big. Maybe the bigger ones are more aggressive.

TheBearJew32
03-03-2013, 06:17 PM
There has only been one life threatning iguana.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo6q2iPnWZ1qc1i9xo1_500.jpg
my friend actually had an iguana...the thing just sat there and acted stoned

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 06:18 PM
There has only been one life threatning iguana.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo6q2iPnWZ1qc1i9xo1_500.jpg
my friend actually had an iguana...the thing just sat there and acted stoned
Lol, yeah that is one teenage mutant ninja iguana. Gojira! Gojira!

TheBearJew32
03-03-2013, 06:22 PM
A friend of mine used to have an iguana as a pet, he never acted aggressively at all. Then again, the person kept him on a strict diet so he wouldn't grow too big. Maybe the bigger ones are more aggressive.

WAIT A SECOND...your friend's name isn't charlie, is it? haha

Ragsash
03-03-2013, 06:23 PM

Im not sure if I agree with that. in AC1 the cinimatic that you could not do was having the crossbow.
In AC rev you couldent do the blocking so they hit their friend.
In AC3 the thing you could not do was jump and shot with the bow. (and the laying on the side of the horse so that would take the bullets instead of you....but then again in AC3 everytime they shot at you when your at the horse it hits the horse frist so kind of)

Those things are very minor thing in my opinion.
Now the events in the trailers are never in the game of c, Not in the way they are showing it at least...but we knew that sense first AC game so I cant say we should expect that.

But when did they show underwater combat in the trailers? I only saw he could swim underwater.

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Liberation did the underwater gameplay not bad. I was trying to find a gameplay video but couldn't find one.

I doubt there will be any combat beyond a QTE dodge and stab shark in brain.

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Liberation did the underwater gameplay not bad. I was trying to find a gameplay video but couldn't find one.

I doubt there will be any combat beyond a QTE dodge and stab shark in brain.
Or in the gills;)

wackywaffles2
03-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Im not sure if I agree with that. in AC1 the cinimatic that you could not do was having the crossbow.
In AC rev you couldent do the blocking so they hit their friend.
In AC3 the thing you could not do was jump and shot with the bow. (and the laying on the side of the horse so that would take the bullets instead of you....but then again in AC3 everytime they shot at you when your at the horse it hits the horse frist so kind of)

Those things are very minor thing in my opinion.
Now the events in the trailers are never in the game of c, Not in the way they are showing it at least...but we knew that sense first AC game so I cant say we should expect that.

But when did they show underwater combat in the trailers? I only saw he could swim underwater.
Plus, AC1 actually did have a crossbow, but was removed before launch. So technically the trailer was true.

shobhit7777777
03-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Well

This checks the box where - you swim underwater with a knife between your teeth with a tempest wreaking havoc on the sea surface...... the lightning briefly throws out an eerie underwater mural of sea creatures around in a macabre frozen frame of life in the deepest depths of the ocean....somewhere in the murky darkness you spot a looming spectre...a massive hull of gargantuan Spanish Galleon...your prey....overhead a furious battle rages as your ship and the galleon exchange cannon fire....from underneath it is a beautiful spectacle...the flashes of the cannons and the gouts of flame and smoke....you press on with deft strokes....and silently climb aboard the galleon....theres the Captain...there lies another soft amalgamation of flesh and bones waiting to be violated by the ice cold blade in your hand.

You may fap to the above

wackywaffles2
03-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Well

This checks the box where - you swim underwater with a knife between your teeth with a tempest wreaking havoc on the sea surface...... the lightning briefly throws out an eerie underwater mural of sea creatures around in a macabre frozen frame of life in the deepest depths of the ocean....somewhere in the murky darkness you spot a looming spectre...a massive hull of gargantuan Spanish Galleon...your prey....overhead a furious battle rages as your ship and the galleon exchange cannon fire....from underneath it is a beautiful spectacle...the flashes of the cannons and the gouts of flame and smoke....you press on with deft strokes....and silently climb aboard the galleon....theres the Captain...there lies another soft amalgamation of flesh and bones waiting to be violated by the ice cold blade in your hand.

You may fap to the above
.....Amazing.

Disciple930
03-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Since we've already seen a screenshot of Edward underwater, I'mma go ahead and say diving underwater is confirmed. Although for those doubting underwater combat, it's very possible to use a knife underwater. You can still stab and slice, it's just that the weight of the water makes it significantly harder to do so. But if we know anything about Assassins, it's that their muscles can pretty much do anything. Plus, how else are you supposed to kill a whale? By not swimming below it, grabbing hold and hacking into it's belly to release it's squid breakfast? Blasphemy.

lothario-da-be
03-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Since we've already seen a screenshot of Edward underwater, I'mma go ahead and say diving underwater is confirmed. Although for those doubting underwater combat, it's very possible to use a knife underwater. You can still stab and slice, it's just that the weight of the water makes it significantly harder to do so. But if we know anything about Assassins, it's that their muscles can pretty much do anything. Plus, how else are you supposed to kill a whale? By not swimming below it, grabbing hold and hacking into it's belly to release it's squid breakfast? Blasphemy.
But combat with humans would look strange.

wackywaffles2
03-03-2013, 09:15 PM
But combat with humans would look strange.
I think it would be more about fighting wild-life than humans. Honestly I can't think of a reason you would be fighting humans underwater in the first place.