View Full Version : Second trailer out!

Pages : [1] 2

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Leaked probably... lol

http://youtu.be/zLUCeSyXFSc

Lass4r
03-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Well that didn't tell us much :o Wonder when this was supposed to be released then?

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 11:14 AM
A pirate trained by Assassins... most interesting. His childhood among assassins would be an excellent watch.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Where the hell are these coming from ????

WTF UBI ?? GET A DAMM PLUMBER YOU`RE LEAKING BAD !!!

what`ll be left for monday ??? D:

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 11:18 AM

Nothing! LOL

(Better yet, a Connor game. They HAVE to announce something new now. lol)

Abeonis
Hmmm, very Arkham City'esque that trailer. On the plus side we can gather a few things from it: 1) It appears that, at this stage in his life, he has apparently abandoned the Assassins to enjoying his life of piracy. (I could be wrong, but even I find the idea of a pirate assassin peculiar.) 2) Ability to interact with objects as weapons, taking it a step further than the environmental hazards of AC3.

pirate1802

Nothing :|

Eternal Reward

All these *ehem* "leaks".

ACfan443
This is just getting ridiculous now!

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:19 AM
All these *ehem* "leaks".
Exactly my point D:

Plumber`s probably gonna find it self inflicted...

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Exactly my point D:

I could see them paying a demolitions expert and a plumber to work on the same pipe.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:24 AM
I could see them paying a demolitions expert and a plumber to work on the same pipe.
It`s that big ? :|

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 11:28 AM
It`s that big ? :|

Oh, he's only poking a few holes to put the explosives in right now.

AdamXEve
03-03-2013, 11:29 AM
A pirate trained by Assassins... most contrived. His childhood among assassins would be a predictable watch.

Fixed that for you.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:29 AM
I have issues.
Just wanted to add my touch D:

What ?

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Fixed that for you.

Okay... Stop imposing your opinion on others? Oops sorry, I forgot you're the creative writing student. Your opinions are facts!

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Hmmm, very Arkham City'esque that trailer. On the plus side we can gather a few things from it: 1) It appears that, at this stage in his life, he has apparently abandoned the Assassins to enjoying his life of piracy. (I could be wrong, but even I find the idea of a pirate assassin peculiar.) 2) Ability to interact with objects as weapons, taking it a step further than the environmental hazards of AC3.

Point 2) I think is pretty much confirmed now. In trailer one Edward used a piece of wood, here it is a bottle. Cool stuff :)

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Point 2) I think is pretty much confirmed now. In trailer one Edward used a piece of wood, here it is a bottle. Cool stuff :)

I really hope you get to whack someone with a shovel. Nothing quite like a shovel beat-down.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Nothing quite like a shovel beat-down.

lmao!

Aphex_Tim
03-03-2013, 11:37 AM

Uncle Mario? :p

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 11:37 AM
So what came first for Edward? Assassins or pirates? Confused now.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Uncle Mario? :p
You`d think they`d use him

hupponen
03-03-2013, 11:40 AM
So.. What is left for monday, nothing? This sucks :I

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 11:40 AM
So.. What is left for monday, nothing? This sucks :I

Greg Miller screaming in your ear?

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 11:42 AM
So what came first for Edward? Assassins or pirates? Confused now.

100% random wild guess: He as a kid was raised by pirates and at some point rescued by assassins.

catkiller97
03-03-2013, 11:43 AM
What is left for Monday?

Just Previews written by IGN/Gamespot etc :P

eagleforlife1
03-03-2013, 11:44 AM
There will be stuff for Monday. Press were at an AC event last Wednesday and were given info on the game. They are allowed to speak out on what they saw come 5 pm GMT on Monday.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 11:48 AM
100% random wild guess: He as a kid was raised by pirates and at some point rescued by assassins.
And later he went back to pirates. So much booty... er... bounty... lol :o

And now I wonder what made him stop being a pirate like he is now... Meeting his first wife?

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:49 AM

And now I wonder what made him stop being a pirate like he is now... Meeting his first wife?
Or his second :|

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 11:49 AM
There will be stuff for Monday. Press were at an AC event last Wednesday and were given info on the game. They are allowed to speak out on what they saw come 5 pm GMT on Monday.
A new AC poster perhaps!

Well, okay, there are rumors that there's gonna be a second AC title announcement.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Or his second :|
Ah yeah. The first one probably divorced him. He had probably asked her for a 3some. lol

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Ah yeah. The first one probably divorced him. lol
Naw she died...

too much pirate :|

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Naw she died...
:(

hupponen
The first lover always dies :I

pirate1802

See, being an assassin doesn't preclude you from being something else. One can be a pirate AND an assassin. We saw prostitute assassins in AC2, no problems there. For all we know, piracy maybe a cover for his real activities.

Assassin_M
The first lover always dies :I
I`m joking xD

She doesn't die :P

They divorce

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 11:53 AM
See, being an assassin doesn't preclude you from being something else. One can be a pirate AND an assassin. We saw prostitute assassins in AC2, no problems there. For all we know, piracy maybe a cover for his real activities.
I haven't read Forsaken, but he settled down at some point in London, didn't he? Leading a more quiet life?

AjinkyaParuleka
03-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Ubisoft leaks them videos purposely.I am 90% sure.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 11:55 AM
I`m joking xD

They divorce
Ok, I think I'm gonna beat you with Blackbeard's wooden leg !
lol

kosmoscreed
The amount of leaks is disturbing, at first I thought that maybe it was intentional but at this point, I think the Ubi ship is leaking like hell.

This trailers it's like the one they did with Connor showing his arsenal.

hupponen
I`m joking xD

They divorce

Well that's not dramatic at all.

lothario-da-be

Random events...

pirate1802
I haven't read Forsaken, but he settled down at some point in London, didn't he? Leading a more quiet life?

Which happens after the events of this game most probably.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Random events...
Which are probably a lie anyway

hupponen
Random events...

I really hope there's random events. AC3 "random events" sucked.

Assassin_M
Ok, I think I'm gonna beat you with Blackbeard's wooden leg !
lol
I love you:p

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Well that's not dramatic at all.
HAH !!

I know xD

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Another leak? This is one ridiculous marketing campaign...who is leaking all this stuff?

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Another leak? This is one ridiculous marketing campaign...who is leaking all this stuff?
Yves

lothario-da-be
03-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Which are probably a lie anyway
If they anounce it again i will LOL

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 12:15 PM
If they anounce it again i will LOL
No...we`ll..LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO and then cry in despair at how they always lie and fathom at the thought of actually having random quests :/

hupponen
03-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Is it really so hard to add good random quests? Red dead redemption did it and succeeded.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Is it really so hard to add good random quests? Red dead redemption did it and succeeded.
Well..If you knew how RDR made them, it is pretty hard, but AC III SHOWED that they`re actually capable of doing it...BUT THEY DON'T D:

lothario-da-be
03-03-2013, 12:19 PM
No...we`ll..LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO and then cry in despair at how they always lie and fathom at the thought of actually having random quests :/
this wil be my very 1st reaction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 12:21 PM

AC's questing in general is piss poor. If it's anything like AC3's in this game i'm going to laugh... hysterically.

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 12:21 PM
This is a flood more than a few leaks.

lothario-da-be
03-03-2013, 12:22 PM
AC's questing in general is piss poor. If it's anything like AC3's in this game i'm going to laugh... hysterically.
ACB had realy good side quests. and a lot.

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 12:24 PM
ACB had realy good side quests. and a lot.

That's subjective. But they they weren't as bad as AC3's i'll give you that.

hupponen
03-03-2013, 12:27 PM
That's subjective. But they they weren't as bad as AC3's i'll give you that.

Not all of them were bad. Assassinating and delivering letters were really bad. And hunting quests were just plain boring.

lothario-da-be
03-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Not all of them were bad. Assassinating and delivering letters were really bad. And hunting quests were just plain boring.
Only the homestead missions were good. The naval battles were fun, but too short,easy and there wasn't enough varioation.How much times could you board the other ship?

souNdwAve89
03-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Ubisoft leaks them videos purposely.I am 90% sure.

I would not be surprised. Most of the leaks typically came from retail stores lol. The first leak for AC3 was from a Best Buy employee, who took a picture of the concept art used for the steelcase. Now this time around, it was a GameStop employee, who took a picture of the poster that you receive if you pre order. I really wonder where do all these videos come from. Like how do people get their hands on these two? As much as I appreciate them, it will just make the official reveal less exciting unless there really is something big on that day.

ACfan443
03-03-2013, 12:50 PM
I would not be surprised. Most of the leaks typically came from retail stores lol. The first leak for AC3 was from a Best Buy employee, who took a picture of the concept art used for the steelcase. Now this time around, it was a GameStop employee, who took a picture of the poster that you receive if you pre order. I really wonder where do all these videos come from. Like how do people get their hands on these two? As much as I appreciate them, it will just make the official reveal less exciting unless there really is something big on that day.

I don't get it though, what would Ubisoft achieve from leaking their own material? It kills the hype and makes the reveal far less exciting

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't get it though, what would Ubisoft achieve from leaking their own material? It kills the hype and makes the reveal far less exciting
Well unless they show something other than what was leaked, the reveal becomes pointless.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Well unless they show something other than what was leaked, the reveal becomes pointless.
Perhaps it will be some news on a 2nd AC game this year according to this. http://www.vgleaks.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-presented-ubisoft-still-holds-an-ac-surprise/ It doesn't seem to mean Black Flag.

"As we titled, Ubi holds a surprise regarding the franchise. We can confirm there’s another game in development that has not been announced."

pacmanate
03-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Exactly my point D:

Good thing the trailers are bad!

LieutenantJojo
03-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Perhaps it will be some news on a 2nd AC game this year according to this. http://www.vgleaks.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-presented-ubisoft-still-holds-an-ac-surprise/ It doesn't seem to mean Black Flag.

"As we titled, Ubi holds a surprise regarding the franchise. We can confirm there’s another game in development that has not been announced."

Probably a Vita game, right?

BK-110
03-03-2013, 02:54 PM
I like how Edward looks. He seems like a very serious guy, as opposed to the stereotypical pirate personality that some fear he might have.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:00 PM
I like how Edward looks. He seems like a very serious guy, as opposed to the stereotypical pirate personality that some fear he might have.
I was not fearing that. I was fearing the Ezio cloning. Looks like my fears were realised. Even Ubi people now seem to tease the lead writer about that.

BK-110
03-03-2013, 03:07 PM
I was not fearing that. I was fearing the Ezio cloning. Looks like my fears were realised. Even Ubi people now seem to tease the lead writer about that.

That's what I'm referring to. He doesn't seem like an Ezio clone to me. Sure, he might be good with women, but he seems to me like he has a much more serious demeanor and hopefully a more serious personality. But we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

kuled2012
03-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Man I feel bad for Ubi.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:10 PM
That's what I'm referring to. He doesn't seem like an Ezio clone to me. Sure, he might be good with women, but he seems to me like he has a much more serious demeanor and hopefully a more serious personality. But we'll have to wait and see, I guess.
Serious or funny, he's a blond Ezio clone for me. lol He looks like a proper womaniser, Ezio's most famous characteristic.

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Serious or funny, he's an blond Ezio clone for me. lol He looks like a proper womaniser, Ezio's most famous characteristic.
These complaints about him being a womanizer are getting ridiculous. Would you prefer a homosexual character?

Bashilir
03-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Serious or funny, he's a blond Ezio clone for me. lol He looks like a proper womaniser, Ezio's most famous characteristic.

How does one characteristic they both share make him a clone? In that case, they're all clones since, they're all Assassins, right?

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:15 PM
These complaints about him being a womanizer are getting ridiculous. Would you prefer a homosexual character?
I'm a straight female. Why not? I'm not homophobic.

Actually him being a womaniser is a very VALID complaint. And it seems Even Ubi people admit to it on twitter. After all the *****ing about Connor by all the Ezio fans, this probably means that we will only get Ezio clones in the future, too. So much for uniqueness in AC protagonists...

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:16 PM
How does one characteristic they both share make him a clone? In that case, they're all clones since, they're all Assassins, right?
Because it seems that's his MAIN characteristic so far? Change his face with Ezio's. Same thing plus the sailing.

SixKeys
03-03-2013, 03:19 PM

Sure, why not? That at least would be unpredictable and fresh in the world of video game protagonists.

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 03:20 PM

Actually him being a womaniser is a very VALID complaint. And it seems Even Ubi people admit to it on twitter. After all the *****ing about Connor by all the Ezio fans, this probably means that we will only get Ezio clones in the future, too. So much for uniqueness in AC protagonists...
Pirates WERE womanizers. And ubi people didn't admit anything on twitter, on the contrary they said fans will be surprised with what the character has to offer. The womanizer thing is a terrible complaint. The other ridiculous one being that he has blonde hair instead of black, but apparently uniqueness doesn't apply to that as well, for some fans...

pacmanate
03-03-2013, 03:21 PM
I don't know why him getting girls is such a big deal.

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Apparently only Ezio was allowed to, because you know it's not like most men actually like girls...it's too unrealistic.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 03:24 PM

Actually him being a womaniser is a very VALID complaint. And it seems Even Ubi people admit to it on twitter. After all the *****ing about Connor by all the Ezio fans, this probably means that we will only get Ezio clones in the future, too. So much for uniqueness in AC protagonists...We. Haven't. Seen. This. Man. In. Action. In. Something. Longer. Than. A. Two. Minute. Long. Trailer.
Get that?
And where are the tweets "admitting", and what are they admitting to?

Also, EZIO CLONE? Even assuming (which is a huge assumption, which might be incorrect) that Edward is a womanizer, IS EVERY WOMANIZER AN EZIO CLONE? Where is the logic in that?

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Pirates WERE womanizers. And ubi people didn't admit anything on twitter, on the contrary they said fans will be surprised with what the character has to offer. The womanizer thing is a terrible complaint. The other ridiculous one being that he has blonde hair instead of black, but apparently uniqueness doesn't apply to that as well, for some fans...
i don't care about his hair color. lol

I've read different tweets on twitter then. They know he's very similar to Ezio and that's why they were teasing the lead writer about the trailer.

It''s not terrible, it's an extremely valid complaint. It's even very possible they CHOSE him to be a pirate so he can be a womaniser freely, too. Two clichés in one game.

Locopells
03-03-2013, 03:25 PM
We. Haven't. Seen. This. Man. In. Action. In. Something. Longer. Than. A. Two. Minute. Long. Trailer.
Get that?

Unfortunately, many aren't...

kuled2012
03-03-2013, 03:25 PM
I really hope you get to whack someone with a shovel. Nothing quite like a shovel beat-down.

Your avatar looks like a mixture of John Marston and Adrian Pearce from Watchdogs.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:26 PM
We. Haven't. Seen. This. Man. In. Action. In. Something. Longer. Than. A. Two. Minute. Long. Trailer.
Get that?

Also, EZIO CLONE? Even assuming (which is a huge assumption, which might be incorrect) that Edward is a womanizer, IS EVERY WOMANIZER AN EZIO CLONE? Where is the logic in that?
As I said before put Ezio on a ship. Same thing.

Don't remember the link maybe someone can post it.

Escappa

Agree...and tbh I think ( just from watching the faces he does :p ) that the charachter from the franchise he will be most like is Altair...I don't know why but something about him just says "Creed comes first" even if he's a pirate and all. But at the end of the premiere trailer when he takes that girl, do you see a ezio-like smile on his face? No, he is focused, not even caring about the girl :p So I hope this will be a guy that we can like.

But seriously guys....we have seen him in 20 seconds or something....making conclusions now is just stupid and won't give anything in the end

TorQue1988
Get that?

There is absolutely no logic in that, but some people apparently believe that the whole game will be based around Edward screwing with girls around all day long.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:27 PM
It's a big deal when it's Ezio cloning.

Bashilir
03-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Because it seems that's his MAIN characteristic so far? Change his face with Ezio's. Same thing plus the sailing.

They show that for like 5 seconds in a 2 minute trailer, how does make it his MAIN characteristic? Just because it's in there? Come on, we haven't seen enough of him to KNOW what his main characteristic is.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
There is absolutely no logic in that, but some people apparently believe that the whole game will be based around Edward screwing with girls around all day long.
The TRAILER itself sure makes a good job out of it.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM

That's typical Ezio-hater/Connor butthurt fan logic for you.

In other news, Connor was apparently an Altair clone because both were non-womanizers. Whoa!

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:29 PM
They show that for like 5 seconds in a 2 minute trailer, how does make it his MAIN characteristic? Just because it's in there? Come on, we haven't seen enough of him to KNOW what his main characteristic is.
5 secs is an ETERNITY in a trailer. All other characteristics were just him shooting people. Oh and swimming. He's a good diver, too, I guess...

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:29 PM
That's typical Ezio-hater/Connor butthurt fan logic for you.

In other news, Connor was apparently an Altair clone because both were non-womanizers. Whoa!
Um...no. That's not even the same logic.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Um...no. That's not even the same logic.

It is. If the fact that both are womanizers make them clones, then two characters not being womanizers are also clones.

Altair and Connor both non-womanizers

Altair and Connor both the silent types.

Both are clones.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:32 PM
It is. If the fact that both are womanizers make them clones, then two characters not being womanizers are also clones.

Both are clones.
Try again. Not the same logic. AT ALL... sorry.

Altair and Connor had so many other MAIN characteristics. I'm too tired to list them now. But Ezio had ONE MAIN most recognisable characteristic. Ask people around about Ezio: first words they use to describe him: Italian playboy or womaniser. Everything else comes second as most famous trait.

dxsxhxcx
03-03-2013, 03:34 PM

Both are clones.

Altair and Connor both (apparently) neglected by Ubisoft = CLONES!!!!! :p

@silvermercy, I think his logic is right, maybe because the womanizer characteristic stand out more than the "silent character" characteristic it may be kinda hard to compare the two but the connection is there, both are characteristics that different characters have in common and that's all, if something IMO people should be complaining that he is a pirate because that was a decision made just to make him more likeable, the rest come with the package.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Altair and Connor both (apparently) neglected by Ubisoft = CLONES!!!!! :p
Seriously... I feel my IQ dropping with this "logic" conclusions. They're not the same and I already explained why.

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 03:37 PM

Altair and Connor had so many other MAIN characteristics. I'm too tired to list them now. But Ezio had ONE MAIN most recognisable characteristic. Ask people around about Ezio: first words they use to describe him: Italian playboy.
What are the so many recognizable characteristics that Altair and Connor had? Altair was like a robot, onedimentional and bland. Connor was just boring, naive and very very angry. Very complex indeed.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 03:37 PM

Altair and Connor had so many other MAIN characteristics. I'm too tired to list them now. But Ezio had ONE MAIN most recognisable characteristic. Ask people around about Ezio: first words they use to describe him: Italian playboy.

Since apparently the single trait of womanizer makes Edward an Ezio clone for you, the same can be applied to other characters.

Or let me frame this question differently. If, upon further reveal you see many divergent qualities between Edward and Ezio would you still call him Ezio clone?

ACfan443
03-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Oh god, why is the same thing being discussed over and over. Can we please change the topic? Why not discuss the actual trailer we've seen?

ace3001
03-03-2013, 03:39 PM

Altair and Connor had so many other MAIN characteristics. I'm too tired to list them now. Ezio had ONE MAIN most recognisable characteristic
Ezio's main recognizable characteristic is that he was a womanizer? I'd ask you to give some evidence on that, but let's leave that for later, and assume that your flawed view is correct for the rest of this post.
Assuming Ezio's only characteristic was being a womanizer, how can you still call Edward an Ezio clone? Are you saying that Edward's main characteristic is that he's a womanizer? Just because he was seen fully dressed with two naked women in the trailer?

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:39 PM
What are the so many recognizable characteristics that Altair and Connor had? Altair was onedimentional and very bland. Connor was just boring, naive and very very angry. Very complex indeed.
Oh dear... *facepalm* Not the "boring" discussion again... What you see as boring I saw as a very deep characterisation. Maybe gamers need to pay more attention to games and learn to analyse TRUE complexity. Not superficial traits.

pacmanate
03-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Apparently only Ezio was allowed to, because you know it's not like most men actually like girls...it's too unrealistic.

OH!

It's a big deal when it's Ezio cloning.

How is it whatsoever. It is one characteristic, good looking, gets girls. We both play AC games, does that make us clones? No. Do you know any other characteristics of Edward? No. You cannot say he is an Ezio clone based off one Characteristic.

Escappa
03-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Edward won't be mcuh of a womanizer, sex in this game will probably be quick time events....see what I did there ;)

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Ezio's main recognizable characteristic is that he was a womanizer? I'd ask you to give some evidence on that, but let's leave that for later, and assume that your flawed view is correct for the rest of this post.
Assuming Ezio's only characteristic was being a womanizer, how can you still call Edward an Ezio clone? Are you saying that Edward's main characteristic is that he's a womanizer? Just because he was seen fully dressed with two naked women in the trailer?
Yes. A womaniser. Ask most people as I said. Not my words.

That's because I didn't see ANYTHING else that would differentiate him in the trailer. The only thing that differentiates him is the underwater swimming and him having threesomes. Everything else has been shown before. I could have watched a trailer from AC2 or AC3 if I didn't know any better! So don't blame ME! Blame the TRAILER!

Assumption: good diver, good shooter, ladies' men/womaniser. That's all folks!

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:43 PM
OH!
How is it whatsoever. It is one characteristic, good looking, gets girls. We both play AC games, does that make us clones? No. Do you know any other characteristics of Edward? No. You cannot say he is an Ezio clone based off one Characteristic.
No, as I said I only base it on the current TRAILER. So again, don't blame me for assuming that, blame the trailer.

pacmanate
03-03-2013, 03:45 PM
No, as I said I only base it on the current TRAILER. So again, don't blame me for assuming that, blame the trailer.

Im not going to blame the trailer. It showed a women naked in bed. She was kinda ugly. Maybe he had to sleep with her to get information on his target? The intentions could be anything, everyone is just assuming stuff.

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Apparently having sex with women is a trait exclusive to Ezio.

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Oh dear... *facepalm* Not the "boring" discussion again... What you see as boring I saw as a very deep characterisation. Maybe gamers need to pay more attention to games and learn to analyse TRUE complexity. Not superficial traits.
I could say the same thing about you, You are the one that only sees superficial traits, and makes silly assumptions. So yeah you should pay more attention to games, and not judge a character by two seconds from a trailer, oh look he's a womanizer therefore he is an Ezio clone. The thing is that Connor is boring as hell, no matter if you like it or not. Ubisoft just got lazy with his character.

I-Like-Pie45
03-03-2013, 03:48 PM
oh god, why is the same thing being discussed over and over. Can we please change the topic? Why not discuss the actual trailer we've seen?

because no one else will

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Im not going to blame the trailer. It showed a women naked in bed. She was kinda ugly. Maybe he had to sleep with her to get information on his target? The intentions could be anything, everyone is just assuming stuff.
"Kinda ugly woman..." Okay... I stopped reading at that. Sorry.

No, it's not. But he's still an Ezio clone.

I could say the same thing about you, You are the one that only sees superficial traits, and makes silly assumptions. So yeah you should pay more attention to games, and not judge a character by two seconds from a trailer, oh look he's a womanizer therefore he is an Ezio clone. The thing is that Connor is boring as hell, no matter if you like it or not. Ubisoft just got lazy with his character.
Do you even know what "superficial" means? Sorry I'm not having this discussion about "boring Connor" again. It's been done to death. All I'm going to say is that I really beg to differ.

pacmanate
03-03-2013, 03:49 PM

Thats why this community is stupid sometimes. It is human nature anyway! Hes attracted to women, so what. So am I! He has sex? So do I! Am I an Edward clone? No, because I have no other traits like him whatsoever. People calling Edward an Ezio clone are basing it off one feature. If you did that for everything everyone would be a clone!

ace3001
03-03-2013, 03:51 PM

That's because I didn't see ANYTHING else that would differentiate him in the trailer. The only thing that differentiates him is the underwater swimming and him having threesomes. Everything else has been shown before. I could have watched a trailer from AC2 or AC3 if I didn't know any better! So don't blame ME! Blame the TRAILER!

Assumption: good diver, good shooter, ladies' men/womaniser. That's all folks!How're you assuming that Edward has no other defining characteristics by looking at the trailer? How can you say he has no other characteristics? What do you know about Edward? For starters, go read Assassin's Creed Forsaken.
I don't like to insult people, but are you stupid? You're acting like a stereotypical "woman from the kitchen". Until now, I thought they were just that, an exaggerated stereotype. But it seems they do exist for real.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Thats why this community is stupid sometimes. It is human nature anyway! Hes attracted to women, so what. So am I! He has sex? So do I! Am I an Edward clone? No, because I have no other traits like him whatsoever. People calling Edward an Ezio clone are basing it off one feature. If you did that for everything everyone would be a clone!

IMO, Connor fans bashing Edward because he is supposedly an Ezio clone is no better than the way Ezio fans bashing Connor what AC3 came out because he was not an Ezio clone. Quite pathetic really.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 03:53 PM
No, it's not. But he's still an Ezio clone.

How? Explain. Give evidence other than for the womanizer part. Even if he is a womanizer, his other characteristics which we as of yet don't know about other than from Haytham's pov could make him out to be someone entirely different.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Then they shouldn't make it a PROMINENT feature in a TRAILER! 2 secs in a trailer is like an eternity in real time. What do you think people are going to assume? Go to other sites. It's all talk about womanising Edward. Yes, all based on those little 2 secs with the naked women. They knew this would stand out most in the trailer or why would they waste precious commercial time?

pacmanate
03-03-2013, 03:54 PM
IMO, Connor fans bashing Edward because he is supposedly an Ezio clone is no better than the way Ezio fans bashing Connor what AC3 came out because he was not an Ezio clone. Quite pathetic really.

Its what I don't get about this community. Always making something out of nothing. This one has to be the best. He gets women so he is a clone! Going by this, every man who gets women is a clone of each other. Daym.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:54 PM
I wasn't the one wanting an Ezio clone from Connor so don't count me in the bashing.
What's pathetic is inability to take valid criticism.

Megas_Doux
03-03-2013, 03:55 PM

I am a HUGE Connor fan, however I find this time TOO SOON to complain.....
And despite the fact I enjoy some assassins more than anothers, it is cool that their personalities are different...

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Its what I don't get about this community. Always making something out of nothing. This one has to be the best. He gets women so he is a clone! Going by this, every man who gets women is a clone of each other. Daym.
And I already explained why. But people don't seem to get it it seems...

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Then they shouldn't make it a PROMINENT feature in a TRAILER! 2 secs in a trailer is like an eternity in real time. What do you think people are going to assume? Go to other sites. It's all talk about womanising Edward. Yes, all based on those little 2 secs with the naked women. They knew this would stand out most in the trailer or why would they waste precious commercial time?
2 seconds in a two minute trailer is prominent now? You are delusional at this point.

They've become the monster they fought against.

pacmanate

I don't care about other people taking it seriously, it is a game. He could have slept with those girls for other reasons than pleasure. There are prostitutes in pirates of the carribbean but you dont see people complaining. Edward is a pirate, its what they do.

itsamea-mario
Don't suppose anyone has a link to one that's still up?

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:57 PM
2 seconds in a two minute trailer is prominent now? You are delusional at this point.
Yes, and AGAIN I explained why.
No you are delusional to think this trailer offered anything different.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 03:58 PM
I wasn't the one wanting an Ezio clone from Connor so don't count me in the bashing.
What's pathetic is inability to take valid criticism.

I said Ezio fans. Were you an Ezio fan? Anyway..

What's pathetic is the attempt to label a character of some other character on a trait which may or may not be there, a trait which is shared by god knows how many more people.

And then you complain why people don't try to understand Connor. That they are close-inded. You're doing the same thing.

pacmanate
Don't suppose anyone has a link to one that's still up?

You don't want to see it. There might be a woman in it!!

silvermercy
I don't care about other people taking it seriously, it is a game. He could have slept with those girls for other reasons than pleasure. There are prostitutes in pirates of the carribbean but you dont see people complaining. Edward is a pirate, its what they do.
OMG! I'm gonna beat my head against the desk if I need to explain one more time this "pirate" thing! It's getting tiresome, sorry.

pacmanate
03-03-2013, 03:59 PM
OMG! I'm gonna beat my head against the desk if I need to explain one more time this "pirate" thing! It's getting tiresome, sorry.

Well don't reply and eat yourself away at the fact that there is a woman in there :) have fun!

TheHumanTowel
Yes, and AGAIN I explained why.
No you are delusional to think this trailer offered anything different.
Your explanations are terrible. Go back to tumblr and whine to them. They don't let facts get in the way of their assumptions either.

itsamea-mario

:O i wanne see deh sexeh ladees!!!

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:00 PM
They've become the monster they fought against.

This is sig-worthy!

silvermercy
I said Ezio fans. Were you an Ezio fan? Anyway..

What's pathetic is the attempt to label a character of some other character on a trait which may or may not be there, a trait which is shared by god knows how many more people.

And then you complain why people don't try to understand Connor. That they are close-inded. You're doing the same thing.
Umm... I only go by what the TRAILER showed me? Again, go to other sites if you think I'm delusional about calling Edward an Ezio clone! No, please... go and see what's out there.

ACfan443
This thread
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li2ir680j41qz8be3.gif

pirate1802

I wonder why they haven't censored it yet!!

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Well don't reply and eat yourself away at the fact that there is a woman in there :) have fun!

haha... nice try...
not... :rolleyes:

ace3001
03-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Umm... I only go by what the TRAILER showed me? Again, go to other sites if you think I'm delusional about calling Edward an Ezio clone! No, please... go and see what's out there.
The trailer showed you that he was with two women at once, something that Ezio never did in the first place. And that is all. He had sex. Almost every man has sex. So every man is an Ezio clone?

pirate1802

Oh I've seen what's out there. Apparently hundred people can be delusional simultaneously :D

TorQue1988
Do you even know what "superficial" means? Sorry I'm not having this discussion about "boring Connor" again. It's been done to death. All I'm going to say is that I really beg to differ.
And Ezio clone hasn't been discused to death? And apparantly you are the one that doesn't know what superficial means.
Judging a character by a few seconds from a trailer is superficial. The same way you judged Ezio, you only see the superficial trait (a womanizer), nothing more. And you say "you beg to differ" but you only give silly preconceived arguments.
Please humor me and tell what are the "many" complex characteristics about Connor and Altair?

hupponen
Again with the naked lady trailer.. NOOOO, im gonna go hiding..

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Your explanations are terrible. Go back to tumblr and whine to them. They don't let facts get in the way of their assumptions either.
... or maybe your comprehension abilities are terrible?
No I'm going to stay here for now, sorry to disappoint you.

Megas_Doux
03-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Connor IS my favorite assassin!!!!

But I really see a contradiction here, when Connor came out, many of these same people bashed anyone who did not like connor, and now.......

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Connor IS my favorite assassin!!!!

But I really see a contradiction here, when Connor came out, many of these same people bashed anyone who did not like connor, and now.......

Glad to see its not only me who sees the irony. Its a pretty huge one. I love Connor too, he's my favourite assassin. But this... *shakes head*

prince162010
03-03-2013, 04:06 PM
ahem ! i want the trailer in HD where can i find it ????

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:07 PM
And Ezio clone hasn't been discused to death? And apparantly you are the one that doesn't know what superficial means.
Judging a character by a few seconds from a trailer is superficial. The same way you judged Ezio, you only see the superficial trait (a womanizer), nothing more. And you say "you beg to differ" but you only give silly preconceived arguments.
Please humor me and tell what are the "many" complex characteristics about Connor and Altair?
No, it hasn't, for me at least. This is like a day old. Connor discussions are going on for months.

I said I'm not going to get into a discussion for that but you seem to insist. Again sorry to disappoint everyone here who hadn't the same opinion as me. And many others fans outside this forum apparently...

Edward has been crowned the new Ezio outside of here. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Don't shoot the messenger.

WalSwJan
03-03-2013, 04:07 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26557352.jpg

hupponen
03-03-2013, 04:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yBCTOlO2rMQ

prince162010
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26557352.jpg

yeah me too

Escappa
Wait....we're seven billion people on this earth...that means that forteen billion people have had sex with each other... OMG we are all clones o.O

prince162010
03-03-2013, 04:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yBCTOlO2rMQ

sorry i'm not asking about the first trailer i'm just asking about the second one:)

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Wait....we're seven billion people on this earth...that means that forteen billion people have had sex with each other... OMG we are all clones o.O
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

hupponen
sorry i'm not asking about the first trailer i'm just asking about the second one:)

Oh.. Well :D

RinoTheBouncer

Assassin's Creed V: Ezio's Legacy :P

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Again with the naked lady trailer.. NOOOO, im gonna go hiding..

Gotta love these forums! XD

TorQue1988
No, it hasn't, for me at least. This is like a day old. Connor discussions are going on for months.

I said I'm not going to get into a discussion for that but you seem to insist. Again sorry to disappoint everyone here who hadn't the same opinion as me. And many others fans outside this forum apparently...
The problem is that you contradict yourself and you give terrible arguments. But OK whatever, let's agree to disagree then.
But tell me this. You said the trailer showed nothing about the character so it's the trailers fault for your assumptions. What about the trailers from previous games? What did they show besides killing people? How did the other trailers set the characters apart from one another ?

prince162010
Oh.. Well :D

tnxxx sis :o

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Saw it, looks decent.

Megas_Doux
03-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Edward Kenway has been ruled out, and he just has two trailers, not fair...

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:16 PM
OK whatever, let's agree to disagree then.
But tell me this. You said the trailer showed nothing about the character so it's the trailers fault for your assumptions. What about the trailers from previous games? What did they show besides killing people? How did the other trailers set the characters apart from one another ?
I will need an essay for this to be honest... I only watched Connor's trailers and the initial ones at least gave me a sense of honor, justice and freedom. They also had introduced so many Native American elements I found it a breath of fresh air. Plus, sailing, arching, wild animals, native culture... so many NEW things. If it delivered it's another story, sure...
This trailer doesn't give me any feelings or new things. Only underwater diving perhaps... And 4 pistols...

Megas_Doux
03-03-2013, 04:20 PM
What I have been wondering is if he is a pirate turned into assassin or vice versa...

ace3001
I will need an essay for this to be honest... I only watched Connor's trailers and the initial ones at least gave me a sense of honor, justice and freedom. They also had introduced so many Native American elements I found it a breath of fresh air. Plus, sailing, arching, wild animals, native culture... so many NEW things. if it delivered it's another story.
This trailer doesn't give me any feelings or new things. Only underwater diving perhaps... And 4 pistols...
How the hell did Connor's first trailer give you a "sense of honor, justice and freedom"?
Your logic is = If there are no naked women in the trailer, then the main character has a sense of honor justice and freedom. If there are naked women, then the character is an Ezio clone.

pirate1802
I only watched Connor's trailers and the initial ones at least gave me a sense of honor, justice and freedom. They also had introduced so many Native American elements I found it a breath of fresh air. Plus, sailing, arching, wild animals, native culture... so many NEW things.

You got all these from the two minute trailer released on March 5th? Wow.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:22 PM
How the hell did Connor's first trailer give you a "sense of honor, justice and freedom"?
Your logic is = If there are no naked women in the trailer, then the main character has a sense of honor justice and freedom. If there are naked women, then the character is an Ezio clone.
No, that was not my logic.

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 04:22 PM
****it. I missed it. Anyone want to do a breakdown?

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:23 PM
No. Not just from the initial trailers. I meant from them to up recently. The main difference was nothing stereotyped Connor in the first trailer. You weren't allowed the opportunity to ASSUME about a SINGLE trait of him. Everything was blank paper.

Escappa

true lol :D

pirate1802
****it. I missed it. Anyone want to do a breakdown?

Edward is a pirate raised by Assassins is the main thing that I got. That and apparently you can use environmental objects to fight, just like it was in the main trailer.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 04:24 PM
No, that was not my logic.
Then please tell what your logic is. Because other than the naked women in the trailer, you haven't indicated anything else as evidence.

Escappa
03-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Edward is a pirate raised by Assassins is the main thing that I got. That and apparently you can use environmental objects to fight, just like it was in the main trailer.

You forgot about the naked women....HOW CAN YOU FORGET THE NAKED WOMEN!!! He's a Ezio-clone >:(

No I'm joking....

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Then please tell what your logic is. Because other than the naked women in the trailer, you haven't indicated anything else as evidence.
And I've already explained that. Not repeating.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:26 PM
You forgot about the naked women....HOW CAN YOU FORGET THE NAKED WOMEN!!! He's a Ezio-clone >:(

No I'm joking....

Talking about the second trailer bro :D

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 04:27 PM

Thanks!

rupok2
03-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Who knows maybe Ubi are leaking these on purpose to build hype and then they show us gameplay tomorrow. One can hope :).

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Just watched it. Glad his hidden blades look normal again and won't need to spin. Hopefully at least.

I'm wondering if they're going to take the cinematic chain kill from Liberation. I think they might. It works in their Splinter Cell games and it'll work here.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Who knows maybe Ubi are leaking these on purpose to build hype and then they show us gameplay tomorrow. One can hope :).

Like I said, 50 florins on Ubi doing it deliberately. Why? I don't know, apart from hype.

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I will need an essay for this to be honest... I only watched Connor's trailers and the initial ones at least gave me a sense of honor, justice and freedom. They also had introduced so many Native American elements I found it a breath of fresh air. Plus, sailing, arching, wild animals, native culture... so many NEW things. If it delivered it's another story, sure...
The only new thing that AC3 debut trailer showed was indeed that Connor was fighting for justice. The freedom part wasn't new (it was similar the the conflict between the Byzantines and the Ottomans from AC3), the naval stuff wasn't shown in the CGI trailer at all, the native culture stuff, animals, arching are irrelevant because we are talking about the characterization not about new technical features or setting (and besides, those things are complementary with new things from this trailer: island setting, pirates culture, underwater gameplay, marine wildlife etc.).
I agree with you about one thing though, this debut trailer was probably the weakest in the series; i didn't like the style (Blackbeard narration) or the music. That said it doesn't mean we have to make preconceived assumptions based on a trailer, because we know nothing about the main character (not even his motivation).

Dagio12
03-03-2013, 04:32 PM

Assumption: good diver, good shooter, ladies' men/womaniser. That's all folks!

Seriously people... get over yourselves for five seconds. This is just getting ridiculous. Whether or not he is a ladies man.. who really cares, at least as a pirate, this isnt completely unreasonable. Secondly, we know next to nothing about this character, so we have no way of knowing if he is just like Ezio.

Also, has anyone thought of the fact that maybe Edward wasnt a part of said "threesome." Weve seen courtesans play a major role in other games when it comes to helping our beloved assassins. Who's not to say that Edward simply didnt just walk in the room to gather some information from these ladies that they may have obtained by "playing" nice with a suspected enemy? Or maybe he went in to talk to another pirate........who was having some fun? Or maybe, just maybe, they just put that in the trailer to emphasize pirate lore, or throw in a little controversy.

Quit jumping to conclusions.. This could have no bearing as to what kind of person Edward will turn out to be.

Everyone, JUST RELAX for a bit. :)

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:32 PM
The only new thing that AC3 debut trailer showed was indeed honor and justice. The freedom part wasn't new (it was similar the the conflict between the Byzantines and the Ottomans from AC3), the naval stuff wasn't shown in the CGI trailer at all, the native culture stuff, animals, arching are irrelevant because we are talking about the characterization not about new technical features or setting (and besides, those things are complementary with new things from this trailer: island setting, pirates culture, underwater gameplay, marine wildlife etc.).
I agree with you about one thing though, this debut trailer was probably the weakest in the series; i didn't like the style (Blackbeard narration) or the music. That said it doesn't mean we have to make preconceived assumptions based on a trailer, because we know nothing about the main character (not even his motivation).
Sure.

Glad we agree that this trailer was the weakest.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Seriously people... get over yourselves for five seconds. This is just getting ridiculous. Whether or not he is a ladies man.. who really cares, at least as a pirate, this isnt completely unreasonable. Secondly, we know next to nothing about this character, so we have no way of knowing if he is just like Ezio.

Also, has anyone thought of the fact that maybe Edward wasnt a part of said "threesome." Weve seen courtesans play a major role in other games when it comes to helping our beloved assassins. Who's not to say that Edward simply didnt just walk in the room to gather some information from these ladies that they may have obtained by "playing" nice with a suspected enemy? Or maybe he went in to talk to another pirate........who was having some fun? Or maybe, just maybe, they just put that in the trailer to emphasize pirate lore, or throw in a little controversy.

Quit jumping to conclusions.. This could have no bearing as to what kind of person Edward will turn out to be.

... or maybe he went to ask the ladies to advise him on how to stitch a hole on his pirate shirt. lol Sorry I couldn't resist! :p

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
I loved Blackbeard's narration and the music, and pretty much everything (including those naked ladies) For me it was the best AC reveal trailer.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
And I've already explained that. Not repeating.
No. You. Haven't. The only thing you've been harping about is the naked women. It's as if that's all you saw in that trailer. 2 minute long trailer, and you're harping about 2 seconds.

rupok2
03-03-2013, 04:36 PM

Ya sure....it was all an innocent mistake lol.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Ya sure....it was all an innocent mistake lol.

Remember how last year everyone was jumping on AC3 for being a pro-America game? Reminds me of that. How wrong were they. I have a gut feeling same is going to happen this time.

TheBearJew32
03-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Anyone have a link for the second trailer that's still working? Where's that locomotive guy? dude always comes through...maybe i need to give him the signal...his calling...CHOO CHOOO

??
it was worth a try

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Where's that locomotive guy?

hahahahahhahahahah xD

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:46 PM
No. You. Haven't. The only thing you've been harping about is the naked women. It's as if that's all you saw in that trailer. 2 minute long trailer, and you're harping about 2 seconds.
Um no. You apparently missed my post where I explained it. Go back and find it if you care SOOO much. lol

ACfan443
03-03-2013, 04:46 PM
where's that locomotive guy?

lol.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Um no. You apparently missed my post where I explained it. Go back and find it if you care SOOO much. lol*yawn* Try a little harder. "lol", as you say.

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Anyone have a link for the second trailer that's still working? Where's that locomotive guy? dude always comes through...maybe i need to give him the signal...his calling...CHOO CHOOO

??
it was worth a try

New ones are popping up all the time. Just search for "assassin's creed iv" on youtube and filter for the last hour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QfeFMDfAMM

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:50 PM
*yawn* Try a little harder. "lol", as you say.

Forget it, you can't reason with her :D Her logic is logic but when the same is applied to other characters its unlogic.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:51 PM
*yawn* Try a little harder. "lol", as you say.
yeah i knew you'd get lazy. yawn indeed...

hupponen
03-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Yawn to this fighting.. It's not cool anymore.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Forget it, you can't reason with her :D Her logic is logic but when the same is applied to other characters its unlogic.
I think you need to go back to my posts, too...

But sorry, it seems I can't reason either with someone who has "pirate" in their username about a *le gasp* PIRATE game.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:55 PM
I think you need to go back to my posts, too...

But sorry, it seems I can't reason either with someone who has "pirate" in their username about a *le gasp* PIRATE game.

I read them, and it was the same nagging stuff.

And I have this username since 15 months ago and I have it everywhere, but now that you mention it. I really need to put some piratey stuff in my dp and sig to commemorate. Brb! You can stay here and bemoan sexism in videogames till then :p

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 04:59 PM

Hmm.....that is probably the most valid point that has been made.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:59 PM
I read them, and it was the same nagging stuff.

And I have this username since 15 months ago and I have it everywhere, but now that you mention it. I really need to put some piratey stuff in my dp and sig to commemorate. Brb! You can stay here and bemoan sexism in videogames till then :p
Why not? Sexism in video games is current fact. I'm not one to back out of a challenge. :p

ace3001
03-03-2013, 05:07 PM
I'm not one to back out of a challenge. :pAlright, I challenge you to prove that Edward has no other characterstic than being a womanizer. You need to provide evidence.
I also challenge you to go read Assassin's Creed: Forsaken.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Alright, I challenge you to prove that Edward has no other characterstic than being a womanizer. You need to provide evidence.
I've already explained why I got that impression. Sorry. Sue Ubisoft and their weak trailers.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I've already explained why I got that impression. Sorry. Sue Ubisoft and their weak trailers.
And Forsaken is not canon anymore.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Your impression is not evidence. What I'm askling for is evidence. I read through this whole thread, and the only fact you've brought out is the presence of naked women in the trailer. Let's go by your weak logic and assume that means Edward is a womanizer. Now I need evidence as to why that is his ONLY characteristic, as you have claimed.

Escappa
03-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Ok if we continue with stupid arguments like this we won't get any more good games. Because the guys from Ubisoft reading this realizes that their fanbase is a bunch of idiots that they can feed any crap they want to...so behave! ;)

ace3001
03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
And Forsaken is not canon anymore.Your source for this?

ACfan443
03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Alright, I challenge you to prove that Edward has no other characterstic than being a womanizer. You need to provide evidence.

Please just stop with the provocation. This has been dragged way too far.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Your source for this?
The fact that he is BLOND now and some dates don't even match anymore? I'm pretty sure it's been discussed in other threads that this is not canon anymore.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Your impression is not evidence. What I'm askling for is evidence. I read through this whole thread, and the only fact you've brought out is the presence of naked women in the trailer. Let's go by your weak logic and assume that means Edward is a womanizer. Now I need evidence as to why that is his ONLY characteristic, as you have claimed.
You must read again then. Since I won't repeat that.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 05:16 PM
The fact that he is BLOND now and some dates don't even match anymore? I'm pretty sure it's been discussed in other threads that this is not canon anymore.What are the dates that don't match anymore? I don't remember his description in the book, so I'll go read that again. Honestly, I found that book to be utterly boring, but Ubisoft's official stance is that anything in the books that don't contradict the games are canon. So unless Ubisoft says otherwise, it'll remain canon.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 05:18 PM
You must read again then. Since I won't repeat that.What? If you really did post it before, paste it here. Copy and paste too hard for you? Or you perhaps don't know how to do even that? No, you just don't have an argument.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 05:18 PM
What are the dates that don't match anymore? I don't remember his description in the book, so I'll go read that again. Honestly, I found that book to be utterly boring, but Ubisoft's official stance is that anything in the books that don't contradict the games are canon. So unless Ubisoft says otherwise, it'll remain canon.
Yes, some dates contradict the games indeed. I don't remember specifics I'm afraid. Only that it was discussed about dates not matching and, thus, being non-canon.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Yes, some dates contradict the games indeed. I don't remember specifics I'm afraid. Only that it was discussed about dates not matching and, thus, being non-canon.Unless you have specifics, you have no argument. We don't know a single date of events of AC IV. So how can it "not match"?

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 05:20 PM
What? If you really did post it before, paste it here. Copy and paste too hard for you? Or you perhaps don't know how to do even that? No, you just don't have an argument.
I won't go back pages and pages for you. You asked for specifics, you do that. I said from the start I won't repeat anything I've already explained.
Keep asking me now... you'll be wasting both of our times since my answer will always be the same.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 05:22 PM
I won't go back pages and pages for you. You asked for specifics, you do that. I said from the start I won't repeat anything I've already explained. Keep asking me now... you'll be wasting both of our times since my answer will always be the same.Your answer will be that you have no argument. So much for not backing down from a challenge.

SixKeys
03-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Remember how last year everyone was jumping on AC3 for being a pro-America game? Reminds me of that. How wrong were they. I have a gut feeling same is going to happen this time.

Actually I was hoping the game would prove the marketing wrong, but it didn't. You were never forced to kill bluecoats in the entire game, only redcoats. Connor was on the patriots' side throughout the entire game, even after finding out that Washington betrayed him. The devs kept talking about how Connor wasn't on anybody's side, but he sure came off as pro-America to me.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Your answer will be that you have no argument. So much for not backing down from a challenge.
No my answer is I will not repeat anything I've already explained.
Want this to continue indefinitely? Keep asking me. A challenge indeed. :cool:

SixKeys
03-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Guys, the private messaging system exists for a reason.

zerocooll21
03-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Anyone have a live link, first one was taken down.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Is this where I say.. get a room you two? :p

SixKeys
03-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Anyone have a live link, first one was taken down.

Just search YouTube, it's all over the net already.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 05:32 PM
I think I'll just leave it to those who have some intelligence to carry on an argument instead of referring to posts that don't exist. Good night, everyone.

And feminists wonder why they aren't being taken seriously. Heh.

D.I.D.
03-03-2013, 05:34 PM

You won't, until tomorrow. The "leak" seems to have been deliberately lo-res to create a bit of fuss without letting you see the thing properly, to help gain a bigger audience tomorrow (all the people who already saw the trailer but want to see it in full quality, plus all the people who saw the internet fuss but came too late to see the video).

ACfan443
03-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Actually I was hoping the game would prove the marketing wrong, but it didn't. You were never forced to kill bluecoats in the entire game, only redcoats. Connor was on the patriots' side throughout the entire game, even after finding out that Washington betrayed him. The devs kept talking about how Connor wasn't on anybody's side, but he sure came off as pro-America to me.

This.

AidenPixxel
Guys,I asked someone who went to the event if they were shown any gameplay and he said that they saw a gameplay trailer which will most likely be released tomorrow if not leaked today;p

silvermercy
I think I'll just leave it to those who have some intelligence to carry on an argument instead of referring to posts that don't exist. Good night, everyone.

And feminists wonder why they aren't being taken seriously. Heh.
Oh what a nice dig... lol So someone who wants equality in naked scenes in games (whose fan-base in almost equal to the male fan-base) is a feminist now? LOL Nope. It's not a feminist. It's actually called a WOMAN. Shocking I know...

Nice dig for my intelligence when you don't even know what I do for a living. Not a problem though. Goodnight.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Guys,I asked someone who went to the event if they were shown any gameplay and he said that they saw a gameplay trailer which will most likely be released tomorrow if not leaked today;p

Tell me you are serious! ;o

lothario-da-be
03-03-2013, 05:38 PM
They have to show something new tomorrow:p

D.I.D.
03-03-2013, 05:39 PM
So someone who wants equality in naked scenes in games is a feminist now? LOL Nope. It's not a feminist. It's actually called a WOMAN. Shocking, I know...
Nice dig for my intelligence when you don't even know what I do for a living. Not a problem though. Goodnight.

Plus they could have got the same narrative point across with Edward naked in bed and the woman leaving in her clothes.

People might not like to be challenged by Silvermercy on this, but there's a reason why it wasn't that way round. It wasn't just random chance.

AidenPixxel
03-03-2013, 05:40 PM

Well..I am, and he also said that everyone was impressed with the setting and the evolution of the franchise

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Well..I am, and he also said that everyone was impressed with the setting and the evolution of the franchise
So can you find out some tidbits about the gameplay from that person?

SixKeys

That's what they said about AC3 last year.

silvermercy
Plus they could have got the same narrative point across with Edward naked in bed and the woman leaving in her clothes.

People might not like to be challenged by Silvermercy on this, but there's a reason why it wasn't that way round. It wasn't just random chance.
The voice of wisdom again. Thanks. All the others seem quite scared to even acknowledge any of these facts.

xryanx28
03-03-2013, 05:42 PM
anybody have another link?

AidenPixxel
03-03-2013, 05:43 PM
So can you find out some tidbits about the gameplay from that person?

He can't answer anything else until tomorrow
Sry

hupponen
03-03-2013, 05:45 PM
There needs to be a bar fight, a HUGE barfight :p

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 05:45 PM

If you are lying then remember this. I'll find you. And I'll kill you. With a hidden blade.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 05:46 PM
There needs to be a bar fight, a HUGE barfight :p

Kinda like Pyro Pete's bar brawl from Borderlands 2 :D

YRTEP
03-03-2013, 05:47 PM
If you are lying then remember this. I'll find you. And I'll kill you. With a hidden blade.
lol ^^

deskp
03-03-2013, 05:48 PM

I heard they were shown gameplay, not in trailer form. they could obviously have beeen shown both.

But the idea is they were shown gameplay highligthing the new features of the game, which will be reported on timorro.

AidenPixxel
03-03-2013, 05:49 PM
I am not lying but it's not my fault if ubi won't show the trailer tomorrow.

WalSwJan
03-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Kinda like Pyro Pete's bar brawl from Borderlands 2 :D

Pete is a wimp. :D

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 05:51 PM
I am not lying but it's not my fault if ubi won't show the trailer tomorrow.

Chill. jk. :)

Pete is a wimp. :D

Agreed. But you gotta agree that bar brawl was AWESOME

WalSwJan
03-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Chill. jk. :)

Agreed. But you gotta agree that bar brawl was AWESOME
Yeah,the TORGUE! DLC was awesome in every way. :D

zerocooll21
03-03-2013, 05:55 PM
nm found it.

Maybe the second game they will annouce will be AC4:BF2 for another cool 60 bucks :p

I rather play on the PS4 but don't think I'll be able to wait if the game comes out first.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Hey Zero! long time no see! ;D

ToniTorsi
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
lol why is Ubisoft letting this get leaked?

There will be literally nothing left to show on Monday.

Soulid_Snake
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Watch the Edward Kenway trailer here, while you still can:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kye7hJ3bHq4

There's some screenshots in this video, sorry, if it's already been posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCzrtFr4rzM

Will_Lucky
03-03-2013, 06:24 PM

Connor game detailing his last years exclusive to the Vita..trololol.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Connor game detailing his last years exclusive to the Vita..trololol.

lmao

zerocooll21
03-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Hey Zero! long time no see! ;D

What up bud! Sorry didn't notice the newer sig ^_^ Yah I've been lurking hear an there. Had major back surgery few months ago so slowly making my come back :D Good to see yah man

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Toni. That sig is redonk. Haha.

rileypoole1234
03-03-2013, 06:33 PM

Maybe they want it to get leaked...

TorQue1988
03-03-2013, 06:39 PM

About your sig, he hits an enemy with broken wood, could this mean that we will be able to pick up objects from the environment and use them as weapons? Because in the other trailer we see Edward hitting an enemy with a bottle, so i think it's possible.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 06:41 PM
What up bud! Sorry didn't notice the newer sig ^_^ Yah I've been lurking hear an there. Had major back surgery few months ago so slowly making my come back :D Good to see yah man

Hope you make a speedy recovery! :D

zerocooll21
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Thanks man :D