PDA

View Full Version : Edward Kenway overshadows Connor?

ZeldaEmblem
03-03-2013, 07:15 AM
The new AC4 video just come out and now people are saying things like "I like Edward more than Connor already" "Connor sucks" "Edward looks better" etc Even some of them are dissing Connor now...

This is really bad, for Connor fans and me anyway. Everybody is excited for this new guy and completely forgot Connor...

Maybe Ubisoft ditched him already. Connor will unlikely get any game after AC3. I mean what's the point of making a new game for Connor after Edward has completely overshadowed him? Anyway who knows, all I can do is wait till Monday and see if Ubi actually have any plans for Connor :(

I just wish Ubisoft will give Connor a new game. But if they do so, the game probably won't sell very well... (because of the same reason)

What do you guys think?

ace3001
03-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Have you been reading threads in this forum lately?

ZeldaEmblem
03-03-2013, 07:28 AM
yes i do, if there's something wrong or if this thread is posted already then I would gladly fix it or the moderators can delete if they want.

montagemik
03-03-2013, 07:31 AM
The new AC4 video just come out and now people are saying things like "I like Edward more than Connor already" "Connor sucks" "Edward looks better" etc Even some of them are dissing Connor now...

This is really bad, for Connor fans and me anyway. Everybody is excited for this new guy and completely forgot Connor...

Maybe Ubisoft ditched him already. Connor will unlikely get any game after AC3. I mean what's the point of making a new game for Connor after Edward has completely overshadowed him? Anyway who knows, all I can do is wait till Monday and see if Ubi actually have any plans for Connor :(

I just wish Ubisoft will give Connor a new game. But if they do so, the game probably won't sell very well... (because of the same reason)

What do you guys think?

Oh Behave ........
They could show a preview trailer of Dog S**t in a White hood & call it AC 4 & you'd still get a percentage of 'fans' who'd wet the bed at the first screenshot & claim it looks to be the best AC yet .
The younger ones spend almost a year hyping themselves up with their own expectations , Then Slate the game within days / weeks of buying it once they struggle on a section.
& at the first sign or hint at the next AC game ..........they begin this cycle again .

Kids want the latest SHINY SHINY = Everything is AWESOME when new & Becomes trash when they are bored of it .

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Oh, shutup.

ZeldaEmblem
03-03-2013, 07:36 AM
sorry, maybe I'm just too ... depressed. I didn't think thoroughly before I post that.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 07:38 AM
sorry, maybe I'm just too ... depressed. I didn't think thoroughly before I post that.
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_457/12597961935vRqX5.jpg

TAKE MY EVERYTHING D:

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 09:06 AM

What do you guys think?

Don't feel bad for Connor ;). Im sure Ubisoft had already plans for him way before they even released AC3, they may had already foreshadowed that he would be reciving mixed reviews. Because Connor is a new character type of hero in the game industry, this also goes for Aveline. Connor getting awards and many fans is a big accomplishment, im sure of it. The creative director said it wasn't easy to develop him, they had a lot of restrictions with this character and many people who dosen't bother to explore him further in AC3 don't realise that. And for many things Ubisoft placed efort with Connor and his culture and im sure they are in no way just dumping him like old trash. I'm sure there will be more of him, maybe not in the way many expect.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Don't feel bad for Connor ;). Im sure Ubisoft had already plans for him way before they even released AC3, they may had already foreshadowed that he would be reciving mixed reviews. Because Connor is a new character type of hero in the game industry, this also goes for Aveline. Connor getting awards and many fans is a big accomplishment, im sure of it. The creative director said it wasn't easy to develop him, they had a lot of restrictions with this character and many people who dosen't bother to explore him further in AC3 don't realise that. And for many things Ubisoft placed efort with Connor and his culture and im sure they are in no way just dumping him like old trash. I'm sure there will be more of him, maybe not in the way many expect.
Exactly,my thoughts.Connor wasn't another Ezio who was born with thousands of florins around him,had a very good childhood,Mom,Dad,Bro,sis.But Connor?He lost his mother when he was just FIVE.He was naive,yes.But was also humble and had emotion(ezio?).He just wasn't like 'cause he didn't go around got women and killed senselessly,clearly he is way better than Ezio.Atleast for me.

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Exactly,my thoughts.Connor wasn't another Ezio who was born with thousands of florins around him,had a very good childhood,Mom,Dad,Bro,sis.But Connor?He lost his mother when he was just FIVE.He was naive,yes.But was also humble and had emotion(ezio?).He just wasn't like 'cause he didn't go around got women and killed senselessly,clearly he is way better than Ezio.Atleast for me.

I'm sure that im not alone in saying that i know that feeling, about not having everything. That's why many of us like Connor more. But anyway...many people don't. :nonchalance:

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 12:07 PM
This thread makes me depressed, too. :( You know what... I think in, say, 10, years from now, AC reviewers/gamers (being far away from the Ezio "fog") will sympathise with Connor more. With him being such a difficult character to make and being one of the most under-appreciated ones.

feclmunday
03-03-2013, 06:09 PM
The problem is that Connor is overshadowed in his own game by his dad.

AC games are better with a brighter happier protagonist, it lightens the mood after all the killing and is my people prefer Ezio to both Connor and Altair.

sameer_monier
03-03-2013, 06:27 PM
you mean Ezio-clone ?!, naaaah, Connor is much MUCH better than him.

Connor is one of my fav. characters, I really like him, I related to him, felt his pain, and loved his story/adventure.

Truth be told I didn't want AC3.5, but after finishing ACIII I wanted more of Connor, you kinda finish on a cliffhanger regarding Connor and his personality, there is not even a chance for DLCs to explore him after the events of ACIII.

But the fact will remain that Connor is one hell of a character, I hardly believe AC will be able to make another one like him,especially with another Ezio-clone, a very shallow character.

deskp
03-03-2013, 06:27 PM
I liked connor, do I think he need another game? no. Will I be excited if they make another game with him? yes

I prefer getting new assassins and time periods.

If they do another connor game hopefully it will be set outside of america (london or paris perhaps)

zerocooll21
03-03-2013, 06:32 PM
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_457/12597961935vRqX5.jpg

TAKE MY EVERYTHING D:

LMFAO hahaha

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Heh, I doubt they have anything other than MAYBE a vita game since everyone is crying about him so much already. Yes, he was an awesome character.

But, at the same time... Ubisoft are too cheap to pay for the original voice actor of the clan mother in the DLC. Why? Because they'd have to hire translators and everything again.

EllisEverTellYa
03-03-2013, 06:44 PM
It's because he's white, what can 13 years old (White) boys can relate to the most? An Angry indian or a badass white male?

zerocooll21
03-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Oh crap you're right! I did notice the voice seemed off. Did they really not get the original because of money? redic..

AjinkyaParuleka
03-03-2013, 06:58 PM
I am just wondering.
Edward isn't a womanizer.He probably set up that assassination at the end of the trailer.We know that pirates were somewhat like that but there is a chance he isn't an Ezio clone,atleast not a womanizer.

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 09:57 PM
I am just wondering.
Edward isn't a womanizer.He probably set up that assassination at the end of the trailer.We know that pirates were somewhat like that but there is a chance he isn't an Ezio clone,atleast not a womanizer.

No this topic again... please, no.

FirestarLuva
03-03-2013, 10:34 PM
OP what are you talking about?
No one is forgetting Connor. Hell, it's a good thing that Ubi are still sticking to the Kenway bloodline. Ever since Edward was announced I've seen many Edward/Connor drawings on different sites, and the fact people say Edward and Connor look very similar in appearance shows Ubi doesn't want us to completely forget Connor. This game and the main character being Connor's grandfather is as close to Connor as we can get so far.
To add, Tyranny of King Washington is a more or less a sequel to Connor's story. Fans love it, critics love it, people who didn't like Connor say he's badass. Connor is not completely dropped by Ubisoft and maybe after tomorrow we might find out he will be back for another game. :)

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 11:38 PM
No one is forgetting Connor. Hell, it's a good thing that Ubi are still sticking to the Kenway bloodline. Ever since Edward was announced I've seen many Edward/Connor drawings on different sites, and the fact people say Edward and Connor look very similar in appearance shows Ubi doesn't want us to completely forget Connor. This game and the main character being Connor's grandfather is as close to Connor as we can get so far.
To add, Tyranny of King Washington is a more or less a sequel to Connor's story. Fans love it, critics love it, people who didn't like Connor say he's badass. Connor is not completely dropped by Ubisoft and maybe after tomorrow we might find out he will be back for another game. :)
I know! All those great reviews and reception for Connor in a bloody DLC! All a bit too late. It makes me even sadder now...
If a miracle happens we may get some Connor. :(

TrueAssassin77
03-04-2013, 12:20 AM

how is it a sequel?

FirestarLuva
03-04-2013, 12:29 AM
how is it a sequel?

It's a continuation of Connor's story. it's canon, the devs confirmed it. So what if it's a DLC? I found it a much better sequel to Connor than ACB to Ezio.
The devs said they might even release it as a standalone game. :3

my2012
03-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Ubisoft does make it seem like they are trying to forget about connor and move on to someone by relasesing this game later in the year. I actually thought they were gonna take some time off before doing another AC game so I'm quite suprised at the news that AC4 is coming out this year.

Bastiaen
03-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Edward looks like a womanizer to me. It seems pretty straightforward to me when a guy gets up from a three way with two beautiful women that he is probably a womanizer. The nature of such sexual shenanigans is that it's all about cheap sex, rather than important things like personality and character development. Why put two beautiful naked women in the reveal trailer? Sex sells. Great job ubisoft. I didn't think you were that cheap.

Assassin_Banana
03-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Edward looks like a womanizer to me. It seems pretty straightforward to me when a guy gets up from a three way with two beautiful women that he is probably a womanizer. The nature of such sexual shenanigans is that it's all about cheap sex, rather than important things like personality and character development. Why put two beautiful naked women in the reveal trailer? Sex sells. Great job ubisoft. I didn't think you were that cheap.

And Silvermercy complained she didn't get her male butt too :(. I'm sorry to say that Ubi made that intentional... for girls, you need to pay to see :P No merchandise shown until money delivery...

:3

Gi1t
03-04-2013, 05:15 AM

Yeah, that's definitely a negative for me. I'd prefer to see one worthwhile moment with a love interest that's actaully interesting rather than dozens of nondescript partners. -__- I know that's what people expect, but aren't better stories always the ones that break the mold a bit (or a lot)?