PDA

View Full Version : Edward Kenway

ace3001
03-03-2013, 06:58 AM
I figured it might be time to start a topic about this guy. Not about the game or what it'll be, but about Edward Kenway, and what we know about him. Yes, the strong hatred he's receiving from the "fanbase" is a reason for me wanting this discussion. I'd like to ask you guys that hate on him: Why do you think he's going to be like Ezio?

As for me, like Blackbeard said, I consider the man to be mysterious. Any concrete info we have of him is what's in the book, Assassin's Creed: Forsaken. However, in that book, he's made out to be (in Haytham's most probably biased point of view, of course) an "honorable man" type rather than a playboy.

And then there's the whole thing about Assassins publicly being pirates. I can't help but feel there's something of a more-than-meets-the-eye nature there. What the Assassins protect to fight is freedom, and as such, they won't be taking away others' freedom (of those who're not Templars, obviously) to travel and trade in the seas by being pirates. So there must be a reason why they're being pirates, flying a flag with the Assassin logo publicly. They must have some agenda that Edward Kenway is carrying out.

The above and the image of him built up in Forsaken makes me feel that he is going to be a stoic badass similar to Altair. Of course, I could be entirely wrong. But if any of you think so, then why? Cause as far as the "player" image goes, my opinion is that this (http://i.imgur.com/IjC1w1v.jpg) alone is not enough to brand him one.

(And please, let's have a civilized discussion?)

Radman500
03-03-2013, 06:59 AM
he could possibly be the most mysterious out of all the protags so far

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:04 AM
He'll be different than Ezio in that he's more mysterious and possibly more brash, which reminds me of Altair. He also was, as the novel puts it, an honorable fellow which again is an Altair-like quality. He also "may" (because I'm still not convinced) be a womanizer but he isn't as easygoing as Ezio was. I won't be surprised if the game depicts him as a violent individual.

His fighting reminds me of Connor on the other hand, as does his face but better not put too much emphasis on the latter.

In a nutshell I see him as a combination of Altair, Ezio and Connor.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 07:05 AM
I don't hate him. I hate Ubisoft for taking the easy path. It`s just my deduction that he`ll be a lady`s man...Trailers highlight Features, gameplay and/or Protagonists.

That`s what this trailer did. 2 naked ladies in bed with Edward leaving....He`s into Women..No reason to show it other than service and highlight...do you think this really has no relevance ?

I`d like to be proven wrong...

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:06 AM
I like him.
So what, he had sex, i'd rather that than him having some pent up hormonal stress. And if he can please two women at once, good for him.

I don't really see the contradiction with piracy and being an assassin. Being a pirate doesn't mean he has to kill innocents and sell slaves. He could spend his time attacking Naval vessels and other pirates, freeing slaves instead. That's his day job, then there's his secret life, an elite member of an ancient order, sworn to uphold justice, protect the innocent and ensure all are free. By stabbing dudes in the neck.

Privateering is his job. Piracy his hobby. Assassination his duty.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 07:11 AM
I don't hate him. I hate Ubisoft for taking the easy path. It`s just my deduction that he`ll be a lady`s man...Trailers highlight Features, gameplay and/or Protagonists.

That`s what this trailer did. 2 naked ladies in bed with Edward leaving....He`s into Women..No reason to show it other than service and highlight...do you think this really has no relevance ?

It has relevance in the sense that he had sex. So what of it? What I see it as is something thrown into the trailer by Ubisoft to excite prepubescent fans and sell a few more copies. I doubt there'd be any actual sex in the game. My point is that we can't label him as a bad character simply cause he had sex. I don't see the logic in it.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 07:13 AM
I like him.
So what, he had sex, i'd rather that than him having some pent up hormonal stress. And if he can please two women at once, good for him.

I don't really see the contradiction with piracy and being an assassin. Being a pirate doesn't mean he has to kill innocents and sell slaves. He could spend his time attacking Naval vessels and other pirates, freeing slaves instead. That's his day job, then there's his secret life, an elite member of an ancient order, sworn to uphold justice, protect the innocent and ensure all are free. By stabbing dudes in the neck.

Privateering is his job. Piracy his hobby. Assassination his duty.That could work. But see the fact that his ship flies a flag with the Assassin logo on it. Meaning the Assassin order is involved in his acts of piracy.

PandaPuff86
03-03-2013, 07:14 AM
I'll reserve my thoughts on the man until I play AC4. Until then the only question I have about him is this: What is his purpose and what exactly does he have to do with what's going on in the present?

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:15 AM
We always know the marketing team twists things. How many of us got the America Fk yeah! vibe from AC3 trailers? And how was it in the game? Thats because that team spun the facts in their own advantage. Same here. Obviously the reason to show those ladies is because they wanna attract people. Doesn't mean it has to be the same in the game. by the way, we don't see Edward "in bed with the ladies". We just see him walking past a bed with them.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 07:16 AM
It has relevance in the sense that he had sex. So what of it? What I see it as is something thrown into the trailer by Ubisoft to excite prepubescent fans and sell a few more copies. I doubt there'd be any actual sex in the game. My point is that we can't label him as a bad character simply cause he had sex. I don't see the logic in it.
I did not label him as a bad character. Just the easy path type of Character...

It`s overdone. The tough guy badass who woos ladies....I`m not into it...

ace3001
03-03-2013, 07:16 AM
I'll reserve my thoughts on the man until I play AC4. Until then the only question I have about him is this: What is his purpose and what exactly does he have to do with what's going on in the present?
Ehh, we probably won't hear much about the present until release. Like Desmond with AC1, we'll learn about the new modern day protag close to release or at release.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:19 AM
That could work. But see the fact that his ship flies a flag with the Assassin logo on it. Meaning the Assassin order is involved in his acts of piracy.

Every Pirate has their own jolly roger, he's an assassin, why not use that symbology. Ezio plastered himself with it. Obviously as an assassin he would bring his philosophy into all aspects of his life.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 07:20 AM

It`s overdone. The tough guy badass who woos ladies....I`m not into it...But the portrayal of him in Forsaken says otherwise, unless of course he was putting up a huge act in front of Haytham.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 07:20 AM
tough guy badass who woos ladies....I`m not into it...
You know, what I thought of that scene was that he was asking those prostitutes where the other prostitute was so that he could kill his target.

(God**** word filter)

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:22 AM
You know, what I thought of that scene was that he was asking those *****s where the other ***** was so that he could kill his target.

The white girl in the bed looks to be the same as the one with his target.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 07:23 AM
You know, what I thought of that scene was that he was asking those prostitutes where the other prostitute was so that he could kill his target.

(God**** word filter)
Even though I think it's an implication of sex, this might actually be a good explanation. After all, we don't even see him touching them.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Even though I think it's an implication of sex, this might actually be a good explanation. After all, we don't even see him touching them.

I'm saying its both. While in the game he might do what Sid suggested, why it was included in the trailer was for teh boobiez!

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Maybe they're trying to seduce him, but he's all
"Nah B's, i got shizz to do, out"

ace3001
03-03-2013, 07:26 AM
The white girl in the bed looks to be the same as the one with his target.

http://i.imgur.com/MAwNSeI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/h3Hpkso.jpg

Well, similar hair at least, but hard to say.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm saying its both. While in the game he might do what Sid suggested, why it was included in the trailer was for teh boobiez!Of course, it's in the trailer obviously for the sex appeal.

Maybe they're trying to seduce him, but he's all
"Nah B's, i got shizz to do, out"That sounds more like something Connor would do.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:27 AM

Lips and eyebrows similar too.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:29 AM

Hmmm, similar hair, eyebrows, nose, cheekbones and i think even earrings.
It could be.
Or the animators/casting crew were lazy.

Krayus Korianis
I like him.

When I watched this trailer... I had a nerdgasm.

Assassin_M
Eh I have my deductions...Like I said..I`d love to be proven wrong

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Of course, it's in the trailer obviously for the sex appeal.

Which is what I'm saying. How we see things in trailers isn't necessarily how things are in the game. I thought we learned that after AC3. They also put an 'Murica F-Yeah spin to the trailers to woo the American audience.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:31 AM

Oh, i'm fairly sure he just rocked their world...

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Oh, i'm fairly sure he just rocked their world...
I know right ??

Just look at their faces...and the African one was down...DAYUM

ace3001
03-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Which is what I'm saying. How we see things in trailers isn't necessarily how things are in the game. I thought we learned that after AC3. They also put an 'Murica F-Yeah spin to the trailers to woo the American audience.Yes, and from the new screenshots, it seems Edward is going to be on land quite a lot, despite the trailer making it seem as if most of it is going to be on ships.

But how are you making such deductions from a few seconds long part of a trailer that's obviously "fanservice"?

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:34 AM
I know right ??

Just look at their faces...and the African one was down...DAYUM

She be all like "I'm from africa, and even i'm impressed!"

If you get what i mean....

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 07:35 AM
But how are you making such deductions from a few seconds long part of a trailer that's obviously "fanservice"?
aren't you deducing that it`s not implications of him being a ladies man from the same few seconds ??

Krayus Korianis
Yes, and from the new screenshots, it seems Edward is going to be on land quite a lot, despite the trailer making it seem as if most of it is going to be on ships.

Prior to this trailer... You deduced that it'd be in the majority of naval/sea exploration and fighting, not that much land action.

Assassin_M

Oh I get what you mean

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:36 AM

hahahahahahhha lmfao!

But seriously, I thought the African one was looking at the other lady. :eek:

ace3001
03-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Prior to this trailer... You deduced that it'd be in the majority of naval/sea exploration and fighting, not that much land action.I was afraid it would be that. But it seems I was wrong, and I sure am glad about it.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Yes, and from the new screenshots, it seems Edward is going to be on land quite a lot, despite the trailer making it seem as if most of it is going to be on ships.

What do trailers do? they give hints, they show you themes and potential events and character traits. When something is in a trailer, it's in there for a reason.
Sure there's the purely sex appeal side, but they could have had other ways, such as just showing some sexy women walking around. but no, they showed edward walking away from a bed with two happy women, heavily implying he just had sex.
This trailer is to introduce the character, everything shown is part of how we're supposed to imagine the character, he's a fighter, an explorer, an assassin, a mysterious man, and it seems not to bad with the ladies.

Krayus Korianis
03-03-2013, 07:40 AM
I just realized something... If anyone has played MP, they showed us the next Assassin in the line of games coming... He's got an avatar picture in AC 3 MP...

Krayus Korianis
03-03-2013, 07:41 AM
What do trailers do? they give hints, they show you themes and potential events and character traits. When something is in a trailer, it's in there for a reason.
Sure there's the purely sex appeal side, but they could have had other ways, such as just showing some sexy women walking around. but no, they showed edward walking away from a bed with two happy women, heavily implying he just had sex.
This trailer is to introduce the character, everything shown is part of how we're supposed to imagine the character, he's a fighter, an explorer, an assassin, a mysterious man, and it seems not to bad with the ladies.

There's only two things I'm interested in... Edward being an Assassin and a goddang Pirate.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:41 AM
I just realized something... If anyone has played MP, they showed us the next Assassin in the line of games coming... He's got an avatar picture in AC 3 MP...

http://i.imgur.com/RkcdUD1.gif

WOAOWOOWOAAOWOWAOWOAOWOAOWAOHOHOWOSAWOAH!

mindblown.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 07:42 AM
I think one of the MP maps has a similar location to this.

http://i.imgur.com/4NEr1pe.jpg

ace3001
03-03-2013, 07:42 AM
This trailer is to introduce the character, everything shown is part of how we're supposed to imagine the character, he's a fighter, an explorer, an assassin, a mysterious man, and it seems not to bad with the ladies.And the AC III reveal trailer made it feel like it was all about America.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:43 AM
And the AC III reveal trailer made it feel like it was all about America.

Exactly.

Krayus Korianis
03-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Exactly.
Well... Wasn't it about the creation of United States of America? Because, I'm pretty sure it was.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Those trailers never showed any aspect of Connor's character that turned out to not be true.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Well... Wasn't it about the creation of United States of America? Because, I'm pretty sure it was.

The trailer sang praises of America. It was 'Murica F Yea all over. And what did we see in the game? Was it 'Murica F Yeah? That's what I'm saying.

Washington was presented as a brave man in the reveal trailer, in the game he was pretty much humiliated.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Those trailers never showed any aspect of Connor's character that turned out to not be true.

The E3 demo?

"Let the Patriots fight their own battle, I'm here for the Templar."

Ingame: "Commander! I'll help you fight your battles!!"

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Washington was presented as a brave man in the reveal trailer, in the game he was pretty much humiliated.
I actually felt sorry for the guy xD

I wonder if Edward will get to do something to GW`s Ancestors ? You know...Connor and Haytham roughen him up a bit, Kanentiio holds him at knife edge, all that`s left is Edward....and the entire family basically poops on ol` GW :P

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 07:54 AM
The E3 demo?

he said trailers :P

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:54 AM
I actually felt sorry for the guy xD

I wonder if Edward will get to do something to GW`s Ancestors ? You know...Connor and Haytham roughen him up a bit, Kanentiio holds him at knife edge, all that`s left is Edward....and the entire family basically poops on ol` GW :P

hahahahahahh xD

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:55 AM
he said trailers :P

-______________-

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:56 AM
The E3 demo?

ingame: "Enjoy your victory, it will be the last i deliver you."

Krayus Korianis
03-03-2013, 08:06 AM
The trailer sang praises of America. It was 'Murica F Yea all over. And what did we see in the game? Was it 'Murica F Yeah? That's what I'm saying.

I didn't see it as that asinine comment was...

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 08:09 AM
I like him.

:s if that is what a supposed good guy does then im becoming a Templar. I want Hayhtam as my mentor now :3 And i mean that Edward can't be good and a pirate XD.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 08:11 AM
:s if that is what a supposed good guy does then im becoming a Templar. I want Hayhtam as my mentor now :3

Templars still stab dudes in the neck, but in the name of subjugation.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 08:15 AM
I didn't see it as that asinine comment was...

I don't get you?

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Templars still stab dudes in the neck, but in the name of subjugation.

Yes, in the name of the greater good. Pretty creepy.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Yes, in the name of the greater good. Pretty creepy.

Templars > Assassins. Why? See your sig.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 08:19 AM
The line in his sig is the reason for the line in my sig :P

Krayus Korianis
03-03-2013, 08:20 AM
I don't get you?
I won't type that comment that you put since it's honestly, ******ed as heaven is.

I thought India would be happy, they could kill some British. You know, seeing after all that time under the subjugation of the British Empire.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 08:21 AM
I thought India would be happy, they could kill some British. You know, seeing after all that time under the subjugation of the British Empire.
It's in the past, nobody cares. Although I did enjoy killing Brits, but not because of some past blah blah.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 08:23 AM
I won't type that comment that you put since it's honestly, ******ed as heaven is.

I'm sorry but by which of my comment are you so offended?

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 08:24 AM

Exactly ;)

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 08:24 AM

Well....I enjoyed scolding Washington...

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Exactly ;)

Change your profile id now. Templar_Banana :p

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Change your profile id now. Templar_Banana :p

Oh, sometimes i wish i could. But my papa Haytham wants me to spy on you Assassins :P

Krayus Korianis
03-03-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry but by which of my comment are you so offended?

You know perfectly well which one it was, don't play stupid.

Well....I enjoyed scolding Washington...

I enjoyed all parts of AC 3 tbh. Same as what I enjoyed for each of the other games and will enjoy about Black Flags.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 08:33 AM
You know perfectly well which one it was, don't play stupid.
Lmao xD

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Okay.. was it the 'Murica Fk Yeah part? It's a song. Its often used to symbolize overzealous support to America. When the trailer first came out a lot of people were using it to describe the trailer. Nobody including Americans raised a stink then. I'm surprised you took offense at it.

Krayus Korianis
03-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Okay.. was it the 'Murica Fk Yeah part? It's a song. Its often used to symbolize overzealous support to America. When the trailer first came out a lot of people were using it to describe the trailer. Nobody including Americans raised a stink then. I'm surprised you took offense at it.

At the time that Team American came out, they never stated what you stated. They stated "AMERICA! F*CK YEAH!"...

What you stated is actually quite worse than what you realize. It's the representation of all the hatred towards the country as a whole. It's also inanely stupid and asinine.

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 08:45 AM
At the time that Team American came out, they never stated what you stated. They stated "AMERICA! F*CK YEAH!"...

What you stated is actually quite worse than what you realize. It's the representation of all the hatred towards the country as a whole. It's also inanely stupid and asinine.

I'm sure it wasn't intentional :rolleyes: right?? I also thought, when i saw the first AC3 trailer, that it was a Yay America!! kind of thing, but after learning a bit more i knew it wasn't going to be about that ;)

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 08:55 AM

How is what I stated different that AMERICAN F**K YEAH! ? Didn't i say pretty much the same thing?

shobhit7777777
03-03-2013, 09:00 AM

It`s overdone. The tough guy badass who woos ladies....I`m not into it...

I think YOU'RE taking the easy route by simply labelling the guy without digging deeper into the trailer. Which is highly uncharacteristic since IIRC weren't you one of the few here who appreciated Connor for the subtleties and the layers?

People here are drawing a character sketch out of near 0 information. If we go this route can I just not say that Connor was a mindless, cold blooded killer who loved slaughtering British troops? A cliched Native American warrior-hunter who is completely in touch with the woods....yeah real original...BOO! UBI!

Lets take a step back and actually see what the trailer is trying to convey....coupled with the setting of the game

Ezio Auditore was a full on Casanova....but the difference he was also a 'Gentleman'. The dude never bedded prostitutes...not in my experience with the trilogy. He was charming and charismatic. He was passionate. Ezio Auditore had a certain panache and flair...flamboyance almost in both combat and the way he dealt with things. If we take a look at the character arc he was a proper 'Nobleman'......he liked women...and didn't see them as sexual objects...his interaction with females in the game strongly suggests so. IMO

Edward Kenway is a different beast. Lets not forget that he is afterall a privateer (Pirate). The entire CGI trailer shows him has a down and dirty pirate....fighting with utter ruthlessness (Improvising a club out of a wooden pole at one point). ALL the shots of him establish him as a very strong and powerful leader/warrior figure (leading a party anyone? Or the shot of him checking things out through the spyglass
The narration itself goes out of its way to emphasize just how canny and badass the guy is.....and mind you the focus is on how sneakily clever Ed is..throughout the video - You see Ed packing 4 pistols and simply shooting attackers..you see him swim underwater...you see him casually grab the girl and walk away

Edward Kenway is not shown as a swaggering, charismatic nobleman.....nope....Kenway here is shown as an extremely dangerous,volatile and a very mysterious PIRATE. I stress volatile because it shows not only in his fighting style but also how Blackbeard considers him especially lethal towards anyone shoving his/her nose in his business

So

When you see Kenway walking away from two satisfied ladies.....that is not the same as Ezio bedding a nobleman's daughter....you see a man slaking his lust as was the norm for that time AND SETTING. Dock cities, sailors, pirates etc.
I'll take it a step further....

You see a pirate walking away from a natural part of his "routine"

Maybe Edward Kenway is a pirate first and an Assassin second.

Edward Kenway seems like the kind of man who wouldn't make a big deal out of sex....he is a direct, devilish MF'er.

He is not the stoic, silent Altair

He is not the passionate, charming and charismatic Ezio

He is not the cold, stiff-upper-lip precise, pragmatic and enigmatic Haytham (although you can see where Haytham gets this from)

He is not the Noble, idealistic and straightforward Connor

He is however (and all of this, obviously, is my opinion) a Ruthless, mysterious and forceful Assassin....emphasis on mysterious....since apparently the crew really isn't in on his Assassin business.

I think it is fair to say the Eddie Kenway is an amalgamation of several Assassins (truth be told aren't they all? No character - fictional - can be completely original)......he is the more ruthless, cunning and aggressive of them all. He represents the truly dark side of the Assassins

Edward Kenway is a Pirate (A big pre-emptive FU to all the "No **** Sherlock"s)

Also, I think it would be interesting to see a reluctant Assassin in Ed...toeing the line as he balances his life as a Pirate and an Assassin...they may be contradictory at some points.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Good post, Batman. :D

ace3001
03-03-2013, 09:13 AM
@shobhit7777777 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/265993-shobhit7777777) : It's hard to say that he's a pirate first and Assassin second, though. Maybe Haytham's pov in AC Forsaken has given me the wrong opinion of him, but it seems he took being an Assassin pretty seriously. He even proudly announces the fact that he's an Assassin by flying an Assassin flag on the ship. Most probably, at least some of his crew would've been Assassins.

shobhit7777777
03-03-2013, 09:16 AM
@shobhit7777777 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/265993-shobhit7777777) : It's hard to say that he's a pirate first and Assassin second, though. Maybe Haytham's pov in AC Forsaken has given me the wrong opinion of him, but it seems he took being an Assassin pretty seriously. He even proudly announces the fact that he's an Assassin by flying an Assassin flag on the ship. Most probably, at least some of his crew would've been Assassins.

I never have read the books and never will....all that is always non-canon for me. The only game where I DO make an exception is Halo..because the writing is pretty top quality..and well fleshed out.

That said...He will, IMO, behave more like a pirate then an Assassin...or what we've come to expect of them thanks to the other 4 guys (Yeah Haytham was an Assassin in my books)

@Pirate

;)

ace3001
03-03-2013, 09:18 AM
I never have read the books and never will....all that is always non-canon for me. The only game where I DO make an exception is Halo..because the writing is pretty top quality..and well fleshed out.

That said...He will, IMO, behave more like a pirate then an Assassin...or what we've come to expect of them thanks to the other 4 guys (Yeah Haytham was an Assassin in my books)

@Pirate

;)
The books are canon except where contradicted by the games, though. Whether you accept it or not doesn't affect Edward's personality. You literally have no info to claim that he's more pirate than Assassin.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 09:27 AM
People were going on about him having 4 guns. So i made this.
http://i.imgflip.com/pomz.gif

shobhit7777777
The books are canon except where contradicted by the games, though. Whether you accept it or not doesn't affect Edward's personality. You literally have no info to claim that he's more pirate than Assassin.

If you missed the 'IMO' then I suggest you re-read the post
A character's portrayal is open to interpretation...how M sees sleeping with two women as being signs of Ed being a womanizer....I see it as simply a part of his life. Books on games, especially AC are IMO not even remotely worth considering. I only judge the narrative with what I see in game...and the very fact that the books are sometimes contradicted - well that is indicative enough that its not really THE barometer for gauging personalities.

No further discussion on this...from my side at least.

Eternal Reward
I think he could be cool. All we know is that he can fight well, which is a pretty common trait for the protagonists of AC, he may or may not be a womanizer, and that he's kinda mysterious. Not much else.

I got a vibe from AC3 trailers that Connor was a ruthless bad@$$ sumbiatch that murdered men left and right. Didn't reveal a thing about his character.

Same with ACB and ACR trailers. They're trying to make him look bad@$$ for the appeal. Woman are for the appeal. We know NOTHING about his character, save some books that show he's a good guy, and that he is mysterious, AKA just like every other AC protagonist.

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 09:31 AM
And for God's sake, he's a friggen pirate! Those guys carried like six pistols on them, and just ran around firing them off for easy kills. Pretty much what he's doing, except not quite as bad@$$.

Though the dual swords intrigue me. Add yet another new and hopefully good, change to combat.

Hopefully he won't be even more overpowered.......

Though, he does only appear to have one hidden blade. A very cool hidden blade I might add.

eagleforlife1
03-03-2013, 09:36 AM
A character's portrayal is open to interpretation...how M sees sleeping with two women as being signs of Ed being a womanizer....I see it as simply a part of his life. Books on games, especially AC are IMO not even remotely worth considering. I only judge the narrative with what I see in game...and the very fact that the books are sometimes contradicted - well that is indicative enough that its not really THE barometer for gauging personalities.

No further discussion on this...from my side at least.

I feel like bowing down to your original post. Well said :)
However, You can't then go on to say that you can't use the books as a point of argument because you don't read them kind of weakens the strength of your argument especially as Ubi have confirmed the books as canon themselves.

mattduck69
03-03-2013, 09:40 AM
seeing as he has 4 pistols..does that mean we can buy double barrel pistols like in AC3? because then we would have 8 bullets per fight which is pretty overpowering IMO

ace3001
03-03-2013, 09:47 AM

No further discussion on this...from my side at least.Oh, I fully agree with you when you say that the books aren't good. However, the quality aside, they're officially canon material.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-03-2013, 09:49 AM
seeing as he has 4 pistols..does that mean we can buy double barrel pistols like in AC3? because then we would have 8 bullets per fight which is pretty overpowering IMO
Well..if you watch carefully,he uses the same gun to kill sideways,indicating dual double barrel pistols.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 09:51 AM
I think YOU'RE taking the easy route by simply labelling the guy without digging deeper into the trailer. Which is highly uncharacteristic since IIRC weren't you one of the few here who appreciated Connor for the subtleties and the layers?
Please tell me how I`m taking the easy path, since you obviously know that I liked Connor`s subtlety and actually preached about it all over the forums. The trailer didn't really have any subtleties; It was very straight forward and I actually dug deep into the trailer. I noticed the Templar cross on the last guy before anyone (But I may be lying to prove my point, but nonetheless)

People here are drawing a character sketch out of near 0 information. If we go this route can I just not say that Connor was a mindless, cold blooded killer who loved slaughtering British troops? A cliched Native American warrior-hunter who is completely in touch with the woods....yeah real original...BOO! UBI!
You`ll do that exactly after a few paragraphs..

Lets take a step back and actually see what the trailer is trying to convey....coupled with the setting of the game

Ezio Auditore was a full on Casanova....but the difference he was also a 'Gentleman'. The dude never bedded prostitutes...not in my experience with the trilogy. He was charming and charismatic. He was passionate. Ezio Auditore had a certain panache and flair...flamboyance almost in both combat and the way he dealt with things. If we take a look at the character arc he was a proper 'Nobleman'......he liked women...and didn't see them as sexual objects...his interaction with females in the game strongly suggests so. IMO
Touching a Courtesan`s breasts and proceeding to rub. I guess I hate Women so much since I don't usually do that. You can argue that "it`s a prostitute", but isn't she a Woman ? Whom Ezio did not see as a Sex object ? I don't know about you, but..stroking a female`s breasts in that manner suggests some...things

Edward Kenway is a different beast. Lets not forget that he is afterall a privateer (Pirate). The entire CGI trailer shows him has a down and dirty pirate....fighting with utter ruthlessness (Improvising a club out of a wooden pole at one point). ALL the shots of him establish him as a very strong and powerful leader/warrior figure (leading a party anyone? Or the shot of him checking things out through the spyglass
The narration itself goes out of its way to emphasize just how canny and badass the guy is.....and mind you the focus is on how sneakily clever Ed is..throughout the video - You see Ed packing 4 pistols and simply shooting attackers..you see him swim underwater...you see him casually grab the girl and walk away

Edward Kenway is not shown as a swaggering, charismatic nobleman.....nope....Kenway here is shown as an extremely dangerous,volatile and a very mysterious PIRATE. I stress volatile because it shows not only in his fighting style but also how Blackbeard considers him especially lethal towards anyone shoving his/her nose in his business

So

When you see Kenway walking away from two satisfied ladies.....that is not the same as Ezio bedding a nobleman's daughter....you see a man slaking his lust as was the norm for that time AND SETTING. Dock cities, sailors, pirates etc.
I'll take it a step further....

You see a pirate walking away from a natural part of his "routine"

Maybe Edward Kenway is a pirate first and an Assassin second.

Edward Kenway seems like the kind of man who wouldn't make a big deal out of sex....he is a direct, devilish MF'er.

He is not the stoic, silent Altair

He is not the passionate, charming and charismatic Ezio

He is not the cold, stiff-upper-lip precise, pragmatic and enigmatic Haytham (although you can see where Haytham gets this from)

He is not the Noble, idealistic and straightforward Connor

He is however (and all of this, obviously, is my opinion) a Ruthless, mysterious and forceful Assassin....emphasis on mysterious....since apparently the crew really isn't in on his Assassin business.

I think it is fair to say the Eddie Kenway is an amalgamation of several Assassins (truth be told aren't they all? No character - fictional - can be completely original)......he is the more ruthless, cunning and aggressive of them all. He represents the truly dark side of the Assassins

Edward Kenway is a Pirate (A big pre-emptive FU to all the "No **** Sherlock"s)

Also, I think it would be interesting to see a reluctant Assassin in Ed...toeing the line as he balances his life as a Pirate and an Assassin...they may be contradictory at some points.
So in the end, we can say that you also "drew a character sketch out of near 0 information" ?
red

shobhit7777777
03-03-2013, 10:07 AM
red

I wish you wouldn't...its very hard to read...May I suggest white?

Please tell me how I`m taking the easy path, since you obviously know that I liked Connor`s subtlety and actually preached about it all over the forums. The trailer didn't really have any subtleties; It was very straight forward and I actually dug deep into the trailer. I noticed the Templar cross on the last guy before anyone (But I may be lying to prove my point, but nonetheless)

You missed it didn't you. The same way countless others missed Connor's character. What I'm saying is that it is hypocritical to label Edward with dam-ning finality and then go on to defend Connor who was dealt out the same treatment that you are meting out Edward.

Touching a Courtesan`s breasts and proceeding to rub. I guess I hate Women so much since I don't usually do that. You can argue that "it`s a prostitute", but isn't she a Woman ? Whom Ezio did not see as a Sex object ? I don't know about you, but..stroking a female`s breasts in that manner suggests some...things

A video perhaps... so we know the exact context. I smacked a girl's bottom....except she was my girlfriend, we were at my place and she allowed me to do so and she enjoyed it.
Also, the very fact that you would bring up the "she's a prostitute" argument in this context is disappointing.

So in the end, we can say that you also "drew a character sketch out of near 0 information" ?

Touche

I don't however have as much finality in my post. I make an attempt to sketch his character out to help you and others see that there is another dimension. Its all assumptions isn't it? And given the context....I think it is plain to see who dug deeper.

shobhit7777777
03-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Oh, I fully agree with you when you say that the books aren't good. However, the quality aside, they're officially canon material.

True...but I simply won't let a book (much less a bad one) dictate my perception of a character in game. The simple fact is that in a book the character is the Writer's...you get into their heads more often. However in a visual medium like Games and Movies..you have more leeway.

Wouldn't you agree that is just more fun breaking down a character on your own without viewing it through a writer's scope?

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 10:17 AM
I wish you wouldn't...its very hard to read...May I suggest white?

Very Sorry...

You missed it didn't you. The same way countless others missed Connor's character. What I'm saying is that it is hypocritical to label Edward with dam-ning finality and then go on to defend Connor who was dealt out the same treatment that you are meting out Edward.

The thing is, I`m not saying Edward is a bad character or will be very boring or disappointing. I actually think he may be the most liked Protagonist..more so than Ezio even. I even admit that I liked him just from that trailer. My disappointment and gripe come from the fact that Marketing went out of their way to highlight this. 2 Women, naked in bed. They didn't even do that with AC II, which leads me to believe that they`ll use the fantasy of gaming to create this extremely likable character and have him get the ladies.

A video perhaps... so we know the exact context. I smacked a girl's bottom....except she was my girlfriend, we were at my place and she allowed me to do so and she enjoyed it.
Also, the very fact that you would bring up the "she's a prostitute" argument in this context is disappointing.
That`s what I mean. Ezio and Teodora have known each other at that point for how long ? I`d say about 4 hours, does that time really constitute stroking bare breasts and looking at them like a goddamm rapist ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Z56h21X5k
08:35.

what I meant to say was "She`s a prostitute, she wouldn't mind"

Touche

I don't however have as much finality in my post. I make an attempt to sketch his character out to help you and others see that there is another dimension. Its all assumptions isn't it? And given the context....I think it is plain to see who dug deeper.
Eh. I`d say it`s arguable at best, it is indeed assumptions and I did make one that pretty much shaped a lot for me, but in regards to who dug deeper...I`d say we reserve that until we actually have confirmation whether or not he`s a Womanizer. I`m still holding on to my deduction
White :D

SuperLoboMau 25
03-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Edward will be like Ezio, perhaps, just about be a womanizer, but it can't go ahead in next games. Another thing that is staying boring: each assassin is more badass than last one, it must stop, and I was thinking Connor overpower...

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Another thing that is staying boring: each assassin is more badass than last one, it must stop
Okay...a farmer who is an absolute coward...does that work for you ?

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 10:20 AM
I feel like from what I've seen that there is less evidence of him being a womanizer like Ezio, and more of him being a womanizer like Bruce Wayne. Like, its just a mask. He never appears in the trailer happy about the woman he is with. Heck, he never appears happy.

I dunno, just a thought.

SuperLoboMau 25
03-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Okay...a farmer who is an absolute coward...does that work for you ?

Don't be so radical -__-
We can't accept everything ubisoft give us as idiots. Altair was badass enough, Ezio passed a bit over limits, Connor is a semi-god, but even Black-Beard fear Edward? The guy is perfect, he can invade a ship without strategy, don't take any shoot and kill almost everyone alone.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Don't be so radical -__-
We can't accept everything ubisoft give us as idiots. Altair was badass enough, Ezio passed a bit over limits, Connor is a semi-god, but even Black-Beard fear Edward? The guy is perfect, he can invade a ship without strategy, don't take any shoot and kill almost everyone alone.
That`s what Games are for. A fantasy. Doing something that`s IMPOSSIBLE for you to do in real life (Impossible for anyone for that matter)

If they made a believable character, what`d be the point ?? Where`s the fantasy ? might as well make him breath and fight slower if fights are prolonged...

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Don't be so radical -__-

And Connor charged a friggen wall of soldiers firing on him with no cover. Heck, even pistols jam for him.

ITS A TRAILER. They are suppose to look as bad@$$ and awesome as they can.

SuperLoboMau 25
03-03-2013, 10:41 AM
That`s what Games are for. A fantasy. Doing something that`s IMPOSSIBLE for you to do in real life (Impossible for anyone for that matter)

If they made a believable character, what`d be the point ?? Where`s the fantasy ? might as well make him breath and fight slower if fights are prolonged...

Even Altair is unbelievable, but the new assassins are almost beating Goku and Superman. Everything has limit.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Even Altair is unbelievable, but the new assassins are almost beating Goku and Superman. Everything has limit.
How is Altair unbelieveable compared to lolzio?

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Hardly. Invading a ship and killing everyone onboard is hardly superman-like. Connor did it regularly in AC3. Also invading without strategy? How so?

SuperLoboMau 25
03-03-2013, 10:45 AM
How is Altair unbelieveable compared to lolzio?

It's what I said: each assassin is more badass than previous one.

Assassin_M
Everything has limit.
It`s a fantasy. It shouldn't have a limit..

No offence, but I hope you do not become involved in the gaming industry...

Eternal Reward

I'm not playing Assassin's Creed because I want to realistically fight/assassinate people. I play Assassin's Creed because I want to fight/assassinate people, realistically or not.

Go play Dark Souls if you want a weaker protagonist.

And Goku and Superman? Heh.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 10:46 AM
It's what I said: each assassin is more badass than previous one.
Altair and Connor are badass BUT also believeable, Ezio is not.

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Hardly. Invading a ship and killing everyone onboard is hardly superman-like. Connor did it regularly in AC3. Also invading without strategy? How so?

In before he says jumping on a ship when the cannon fire and everyone is confused, and utilizing pistols and excellent swordplay, combined with surprise =/= strategy.

shobhit7777777
03-03-2013, 10:48 AM
White :D

Thank you :)

The thing is, I`m not saying Edward is a bad character or will be very boring or disappointing. I actually think he may be the most liked Protagonist..more so than Ezio even. I even admit that I liked him just from that trailer. My disappointment and gripe come from the fact that Marketing went out of their way to highlight this. 2 Women, naked in bed. They didn't even do that with AC II, which leads me to believe that they`ll use the fantasy of gaming to create this extremely likable character and have him get the ladies.

Believe me... I know that you're not against Edward....all I am saying is that perhaps its not fair to label him a womanizer much less an Ezio clone (directed to all). And my post was there to also highlight the fact that Edward is a pirate, a privateer....it gives insight into what kind of a man he was. A person who would casually buy sex....instead of pursuing meaningful relationships...I think it is very enlightening. I think they felt it important enough to show to basically go with whole IDGAF, ruthless, cunning world wise Pirate assassin type that Edward seems to be.

That`s what I mean. Ezio and Teodora have known each other at that point for how long ? I`d say about 4 hours, does that time really constitute stroking bare breasts and looking at them like a goddamm rapist ?

Lust is not exclusive to rapists...(Its more to do with a power fantasy than actual sexual urge) and the whole scenario was initiated by Teodora. She went all "sensual" on Ezio...Ezio being one to seize an oppurtunity dove right in. Its one thing to caress a person who is interested (would you say Teodora wasn't?) and another to barge drunkenly into a brothel and grab nearest girl. One is after consent the other is downright boorish behaviour and in my books a sexual assault.

Eh. I`d say it`s arguable at best, it is indeed assumptions and I did make one that pretty much shaped a lot for me, but in regards to who dug deeper...I`d say we reserve that until we actually have confirmation whether or not he`s a Womanizer. I`m still holding on to my deduction

Fair enough.

All I'm saying is that Edward may have a lot of depth in him.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Thank you :)

You`re Welcome :D

Believe me... I know that you're not against Edward....all I am saying is that perhaps its not fair to label him a womanizer much less an Ezio clone (directed to all). And my post was there to also highlight the fact that Edward is a pirate, a privateer....it gives insight into what kind of a man he was. A person who would casually buy sex....instead of pursuing meaningful relationships...I think it is very enlightening. I think they felt it important enough to show to basically go with whole IDGAF, ruthless, cunning world wise Pirate assassin type that Edward seems to be.

I`m sure you`re right regarding Edward`s life style and profession and I`m sure Ubisoft is trying to stay as accurate as possible, but what bugs me, like I said, is the marketing highlight. Sex appeal ALWAYS pulls a spectator; male and female both, but why highlight it this time ? AC III went fine without it. Hell even AC II did (to an extent), but that stance gives me this vibe that Marketing is "OOOIIII LOOK HE LIKES WOMEN". It made me sense that they`re "redeeming" the Connor mistake.

Lust is not exclusive to rapists...(Its more to do with a power fantasy than actual sexual urge) and the whole scenario was initiated by Teodora. She went all "sensual" on Ezio...Ezio being one to seize an oppurtunity dove right in. Its one thing to caress a person who is interested (would you say Teodora wasn't?) and another to barge drunkenly into a brothel and grab nearest girl. One is after consent the other is downright boorish behaviour and in my books a sexual assault.

I`ll not pretend I`m an expert or have experience with sex and hormones xD, but it`s just different point of views I guess. I can see your point about Ezio being more of a noble, sensual rather than lustful and I saw it in the game too, his interactions with Rosa were pretty evident of those facts...

Fair enough.

All I'm saying is that Edward may have a lot of depth in him.
I`m sure he`ll have so much depth. the sense of mystery black beard builds around him almost guarantees it
1 character

InfectedNation
03-03-2013, 11:03 AM
I thought we learned that after AC3. They also put an 'Murica F-Yeah spin to the trailers to woo the American audience.

This.

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Someone needs to start a celibacy petition, this debauchery can not be tolereated :mad:!

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Someone needs to start a celibacy petition, this debauchery can not be tolereated :mad:!
Are you serious? Is profligacy now a punishable offence in the free kingdom of the Internet? Or are we in Nilfgaard?

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Are you serious? Is profligacy now a punishable offence in the free kingdom of the Internet? Or are we in Nilfgaard?

Your sarcasm detector needs calibrating.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Your sarcasm detector needs calibrating.
It's a reference which he will get, not you(unless you played Witcher 2).

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 12:02 PM

Ha I needed the extra help to get it :). Yeah I was being a bit sarcastic :o

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 12:04 PM

I got it, but my comment had more to do with you not understanding whether hes serious or not, than that reference.. :nonchalance:

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 12:05 PM
I got it, but my comment had more to do with you not understanding whether hes serious or not, than that reference.. :nonchalance:
Lool, that was all part of the quote.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Lool, that was all part of the quote.

-__________________________________-

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 12:11 PM
-__________________________________-
Son....

You`re willy..

Drink your milk

shobhit7777777
03-03-2013, 12:48 PM

Damm fine taste you have. +1

ace3001
03-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Altair and Connor are badass BUT also believeable, Ezio is not.
How is Ezio any less believable?
This Ezio hatred that's everywhere in this forum now is pretty much hilarious.

ace3001
03-03-2013, 02:20 PM
True...but I simply won't let a book (much less a bad one) dictate my perception of a character in game. The simple fact is that in a book the character is the Writer's...you get into their heads more often. However in a visual medium like Games and Movies..you have more leeway.

Wouldn't you agree that is just more fun breaking down a character on your own without viewing it through a writer's scope?It'd be more fun, of course. But Edward Kenway's character is obviously going to be affected by the fact that AC Forsaken is considered official canon material.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 02:53 PM
How is Ezio any less believable?
This Ezio hatred that's everywhere in this forum now is pretty much hilarious.

Agreed. I myself am not a big Ezio fan myself, but much of what I see now a days on the forums post Connor-dumping and the reveal of Edward "Ezio 2.0" Kenway is irrational.

Black Shadow943
03-03-2013, 07:17 PM
"I don't hate him. I hate Ubisoft for taking the easy path. It`s just my deduction that he`ll be a lady`s man...Trailers highlight Features, gameplay and/or Protagonists.

I`d like to be proven wrong... "

Although you may be right about the 'ladies man' thing, there was no easy path taken, I mean he's a PIRATE, all pirates were ladies men, thats like part of the definition of the word pirate, when they wanted something they took it, so when Edward wanted to use his swave womanizing skills he used them and got two women. look at Jack Sparrow from POTC, he had the two women from the first movie at tortuga, he had Ponelope Cruiz and so on, do you know why he had so many women on his arm... he is a PIRATE!!!

XgasmloverX
03-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Nothing is wrong with showing Edward with 2 naked ladies, imo, just makes him more interesting.

Disciple930
03-03-2013, 08:20 PM
I like Connor. It would be nice to have two more Brotherhood/Revelations style sequels with him. I just kinda feel it's unfair for Ubisoft to have us explore Ezio as a character from when he was a baby to well near the time of his death as an old man, and then give Connor the shaft. But I also think dwelling on the same character and time period doesn't come with much gameplay innovation. *Sigh* Alas, maybe adopting another Kenway but in a slightly different time period was Ubi's way of pleasing both crowds, at least as best they could.

xboxauditore
03-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Nothing is wrong with showing Edward with 2 naked ladies, imo, just makes him more interesting.

Edward with 2 naked Ladies, He's not the only interesting thing about that.

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I come back to this forum, and you people are again discussing the sexist topic?? Jesus :P

Disciple930
03-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Something that's bothering me, is not knowing what Edward's voice is like. I always picture him with a thick American badass accent, but keep on forgetting he's English. I'm half-expecting a more cockney/rugged version of Haytham's accent.

xboxauditore
03-03-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm hoping he'll sound like Barbossa from POTC.

TrueAssassin77
03-03-2013, 08:58 PM

Exactly. He is basically an ezio Jr. More so than kenway actually. He won't have the james bond persona like ezio and kenway tho. but hell be like "the dark ezio"

Disciple930
03-03-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm hoping he'll sound like Barbossa from POTC.

Way too young. Maybe Will?

xboxauditore
03-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Way too young. Maybe Will?

Eww, no.

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Why the hell is everyone hating on Ezio?

I like Altair, I like Ezio, and I like Connor. Connor isn't goons be in AC4. Oh well.

Stop bashing a character we know nothing about, or close to nothing, I mean hell we haven't even heard him speak, and wait for the game!

I mean imagine us trying to discern Connors character from the trailers. Or Ezio's. Pfft.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 09:46 PM
I mean imagine us trying to discern Connors character from the trailers. Or Ezio's. Pfft.
We did that actually...

Connor "dont touch me" Kenway
Ezio "I`m sexy" Auditore

See ?

monoman32
03-03-2013, 09:47 PM
On their website, they have the quote " New Rules". I wonder what that could entail.

TrueAssassin77
03-03-2013, 09:49 PM
On their website, they have the quote " New Rules". I wonder what that could entail.
Must sleep with X amount of women during this mission.
Must walk slowly for X amount of time to properly establish badassness during this mission.
etc.

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm i the only one here who only wants Edward to have a pet parrot???

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 10:13 PM

I hope so..

Will_Lucky
03-03-2013, 10:14 PM

Hmm..sort of want.

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Must sleep with X amount of women during this mission.
Must walk slowly for X amount of time to properly establish badassness during this mission.
etc.

I got to 1000 posts just before you. Just saying... :p

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 10:17 PM
I hope so..

Ok then, what about a monkey?? Assassin Monkey :3

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Ok then, what about a monkey?? Assassin Monkey :3

Oh yeah without question. Monkey = Money. ;)

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 10:20 PM
But then he would need an eye-patch to complete the look!

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 10:20 PM

A monkey, a parrot and a dolphin :)!

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 10:21 PM
But then he would need an eye-patch to complete the look!

That's all i ask!!!! :D

LieutenantJojo
03-03-2013, 10:22 PM
A monkey, a parrot and a dolphin :)!

Wait, no unicorn? ****it!

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 10:24 PM

No, only pirate themed pets :3

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 10:25 PM

No that would be unrealistic. I want a pack of dolphins that can drag Edward, so he can waterski.

xboxauditore
03-03-2013, 10:25 PM
What about a Pig, That'd make an awesome pet for a pirate.

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 10:29 PM
What about a Pig, That'd make an awesome pet for a pirate.

Beware the Killer Ham :cool: Homer Simpson would be sad though.

RinoTheBouncer
03-03-2013, 10:31 PM
I think everyone here is taking every single detail way too literally and over-analysing every pixel in the trailer.
Connor looked like a real badass from the trailers of AC3 but he turned out to be much more kind-hearted and naive than the trailers indicated.

I'm not against Connor. I love Connor's personality, the only thing is that Ezio will always top my list for various reasons. Anyway, I think the connection between pirates and Edward is like the connection between Ezio and The Romanies, The Courtesans, The Mercenaries and The Thieves. He's neither a "gypsy", a magician, a pimp, mercenary nor a thief. He was only aided by those to do his job. So I guess Edward's connection with the pirates is probably an affiliation, he uses their help to pursue his mission and he probably assists them in their invasions as long as they don't involve enslaving or perhaps just sails with them in exchange for money.

Regarding the women in the trailer, I guess they're definitely trying to gain attention through that but I don't think this will be the prevailing theme of the game. I'm not really with it yet on the other hand, I don't think it will be much of a harm unless it turns out to be the prevailing theme of the game. I've said this once and I'll say it again, whenever an artist does something great, the next time they make something new will never be easy nor the fans will admire it like the first. With AC, the first one was good, 2nd was much better to many and then people started comparing "Why this isn't as good as AC2? why this isn't as good as AC1?" and it will go on forever. I'm not giving this as an excuse to promote the game through sex but I'm with showing various characters with various personalities.

I'm a huge fan of Ezio and I thought some of his flirtatious moments were totally out of place such as the start of AC:B or after the Mask mission in AC2. On the other hand, Ezio's games were the most entertaining. Either way, we all have to wait and see and not get over-excited nor stone the game before we even play it.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 10:32 PM
There you go!

http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/55650/1221829950/macaw2.jpg

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 10:34 PM
There you go!

http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/55650/1221829950/macaw2.jpg

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpxplorVKL1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Can't describe my gratitude :D he is perfect. Im calling him Steve ;)

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 10:35 PM
I think everyone here is taking every single detail way too literally and over-analysing every pixel in the trailer.
Connor looked like a real badass from the trailers of AC3 but he turned out to be much more kind-hearted and naive than the trailers indicated.

I'm not against Connor. I love Connor's personality, the only thing is that Ezio will always top my list for various reasons. Anyway, I think the connection between pirates and Edward is like the connection between Ezio and The Romanies, The Courtesans, The Mercenaries and The Thieves. He's neither a "gypsy", a magician, a pimp, mercenary nor a thief. He was only aided by those to do his job. So I guess Edward's connection with the pirates is probably an affiliation, he uses their help to pursue his mission and he probably assists them in their invasions as long as they don't involve enslaving or perhaps just sails with them in exchange for money.

Regarding the women in the trailer, I guess they're definitely trying to gain attention through that but I don't think this will be the prevailing theme of the game. I'm not really with it yet on the other hand, I don't think it will be much of a harm unless it turns out to be the prevailing theme of the game. I've said this once and I'll say it again, whenever an artist does something great, the next time they make something new will never be easy nor the fans will admire it like the first. With AC, the first one was good, 2nd was much better to many and then people started comparing "Why this isn't as good as AC2? why this isn't as good as AC1?" and it will go on forever. I'm not giving this as an excuse to promote the game through sex but I'm with showing various characters with various personalities.

I'm a huge fan of Ezio and I thought some of his flirtatious moments were totally out of place such as the start of AC:B or after the Mask mission in AC2. On the other hand, Ezio's games were the most entertaining. Either way, we all have to wait and see and not get over-excited nor stone the game before we even play it.

You mean to say, Edward won't have a pet Monkey assassin? :(

montagemik
03-03-2013, 10:36 PM
No that would be unrealistic. I want a pack of dolphins that can drag Edward, so he can waterski.

Don't you mean a Giant sea turtle with a harness made from Edwards back hair . LOL

Sushiglutton
03-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Don't you mean a Giant sea turtle with a harness made from Edwards back hair . LOL

Ha I watched PoC 1 last night so I know where that is from :). Yeah that would be nice!

dimitribazos
03-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I just wanted to say that I see a lot of people saying that they think it's odd that an assassin would also be a pirate. Isn't part of the assassin's creed universe the idea that what we know about history has been modified in a way to make us think however Abstergo wants? It's possible that what we think of when we think of "pirate" isn't accurate, but that pirates have been villified because they opposed the templars.

Em-Man
03-04-2013, 12:16 AM

The most relevant question.

Escappa
03-04-2013, 12:21 AM
For those who base everything on the trailer...

last years reveal trailer:
-Wolfs eating a group of redcoates (wasn't in the game, if you were lucky you could see one small attack in the entire thing)
-Jumping and killing with tennis-forearm-move (wasn't in the game)
-Big battles you could stumble in to and interact with (wasn't in the game)
-Gave Connor the impresson to be a "I know what I'm doing" kind of guy (wasn't in the game ;) )

so don't base everything on this little information :p

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 12:23 AM

-Wolfs eating a group of redcoates (wasn't in the game, if you were lucky you could see one small attack in the entire thing)
-Gave Connor the impresson to be a "I know what I'm doing" kind of guy (wasn't in the game ;) )

I actually ran into Wolves eating Soldiers before...

After they kill them, the wolves proceed to eat...pretty smart bastards

Abeonis
03-04-2013, 01:02 AM
I actually ran into Wolves eating Soldiers before...

After they kill them, the wolves proceed to eat...pretty smart bastards

Same, I've seen a few wolf attacks in my games. I would also point out that nothing in the reveal trailer suggested we would be able to 'stumble into' the big battles, just that they would exist. (Which they do.)

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Same, I've seen a few wolf attacks in my games. I would also point out that nothing in the reveal trailer suggested we would be able to 'stumble into' the big battles, just that they would exist. (Which they do.)
Yup. Although it has been stated by the devs as part of random events that we`ll run into, but that`s besides the point...

Abeonis
03-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Yup. Although it has been stated by the devs as part of random events that we`ll run into, but that`s besides the point...

This is true. Hell, even a random firefight when a Loyalist and Colonial patrol crossed paths would have kept me entertained.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 01:41 AM
This is true. Hell, even a random firefight when a Loyalist and Colonial patrol crossed paths would have kept me entertained.
Indeed :\

Sadly, this has greatly affected my anticipation for any AC game in the future, because more than likely, at this point, anything they say is in the game should be taken with a BIG grain of salt...

I-Like-Pie45
03-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Ah yes, it was disappointing that you almost never saw any Redcoat on Patriot Action outside of the main missions, especially since their AI seems programmed to attack each other.

Once got wolves to hunt and eat a deer, probably the best random event I ran into...

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 02:07 AM
Best event I had was when an elk killed some Redcoats. Got the achievement from that.

Also, one peeve of mine was the blend ability for the recruits. Why did it always make you blend as the opposing faction?! Thats like trying to sneak someone out a of a Nazi concentration camp and dressing up as a Rabbi to do it!

Assassin_Banana
03-04-2013, 03:29 AM
Best event I had was when an elk killed some Redcoats. Got the achievement from that.

Also, one peeve of mine was the blend ability for the recruits. Why did it always make you blend as the opposing faction?! Thats like trying to sneak someone out a of a Nazi concentration camp and dressing up as a Rabbi to do it!

LOL that is a glitch i think. It happens to me time to time.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 05:00 AM
Thats like trying to sneak someone out a of a Nazi concentration camp and dressing up as a Rabbi to do it!

I nearly fell off my chair. lolol

But seriously I think it depends on whether the district is liberated or not. Liberated district=bluecoat escort, unliberated=redcoat.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 05:04 AM

I saw wolves attack a party but in the ToKW DLC instead. The soldiers killed those wolves :/

NvmberFiveUA
03-04-2013, 05:18 AM
He could be a sparkling vampire pirate.

Farlander1991
03-04-2013, 05:38 AM
Whenever a developer says anywhere 'There's going to be this and this in the game', it's important to understand that what it actually means is 'We WANT to have this in the game, we have time in the schedule (with some buffer) to implement this feature, but since in game development nothing ever goes as planned and unforeseen problems tend to crop out and mess up everything, it may not turn out to be exactly the way we envisioned it, or will have to be cut altogether.'

EDIT: Sure, there are exceptions to that rule (some of them are really nasty), but usually that's the case.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 06:21 AM
I nearly fell off my chair. lolol

But seriously I think it depends on whether the district is liberated or not. Liberated district=bluecoat escort, unliberated=redcoat.

It's always the flip with me.....

*sigh*

Maybe the recruits really are just as dumb as they act/look.

Legendz54
03-04-2013, 06:24 AM
This just crossed my mind, What if we see Edward with the amulet that Connor buried for Desmond, What if reginald killed Edward fo the amulet.. therefore passing it on to Haytham.

Layytez
03-04-2013, 07:06 AM
This just crossed my mind, What if we see Edward with the amulet that Connor buried for Desmond, What if reginald killed Edward fo the amulet.. therefore passing it on to Haytham.

The amulet was with another assassin. Edward could of had it before him but Reginald didn't obtain it after Edward was killed.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 07:09 AM
The amulet was with another assassin. Edward could of had it before him but Reginald didn't obtain it after Edward was killed.

REG-in-ALD

Good name. Reginald.

Legendz54
03-04-2013, 07:17 AM

Ah now i remember, Haytham gave it to Reginald after killing that Assassin.. Silly me.. Still that Assassin seemed old enough to be a friend of Edward, wonder if we will see him in black flags.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Ah now i remember, Haytham gave it to Reginald after killing that Assassin.. Silly me.. Still that Assassin seemed old enough to be a friend of Edward, wonder if we will see him in black flags.

this game could explain where the eff that Amulet came from in the first place! In AC3 it was like ..oops we need to open another locked door? No problems here's a mysterious amulet to solve all your problems!

Legendz54
03-04-2013, 07:21 AM
this game could explain where the eff that Amulet came from in the first place! In AC3 it was like ..oops we need to open another locked door? No problems here's a mysterious amulet to solve all your problems!

Hopefully it will explain it, please Alex Amancio write this game properly!! or is it Darby... whatever.

LoyalACFan
03-04-2013, 07:27 AM

Well, it's got to be connected to the Mohawks somehow... Remember Ziio had a version of it painted on her dress? If Edward or Miko ever had it, they must have made a stop in the British colonies at some point. Maybe Reginald killed Edward because he thought he had the amulet?

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Well, it's got to be connected to the Mohawks somehow... Remember Ziio had a version of it painted on her dress? If Edward or Miko ever had it, they must have made a stop in the British colonies at some point. Maybe Reginald killed Edward because he thought he had the amulet?

Ah yes, I remember. Well that's certainly possible.

RinoTheBouncer
03-04-2013, 09:48 AM

I agree with you. Till the last minutes, I thought Connor will turn out to be some heartless badass. He turned out to be a kind-hearted person despite the changes in his life.

LoyalACFan
03-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Ah yes, I remember. Well that's certainly possible.

A little trip the AC wiki revealed this;

"During another one of Reginald Birch's visits [to Edward], the two men had a loud argument some time after Birch had Haytham unknowingly reveal the location of Edward's most prized and hidden possessions. The argument ended with Birch storming out of the office."

Yeah, I think Birch was definitely after the Amulet, and he thought Edward had it. Only I dunno how it'll factor into the plot, since the secret of the Grand Temple has already been revealed. If they talk about it, it'll probably just be for fan service, giving a little backstory to the events of past games.

KJGPlay
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Maybe he was a rogue before being an Assassin. Not every Assassin has to have a childhood / adolescent tragedy back story before setting out on a path of destiny.

Maybe Edward slipped through assassin's fingers in the beginning, maybe he was broken out of jail and given a chance to redeem himself, maybe his non assassin actions are for the sake of keeping up appearances.

Legendz54
03-04-2013, 12:21 PM
A little trip the AC wiki revealed this;

"During another one of Reginald Birch's visits [to Edward], the two men had a loud argument some time after Birch had Haytham unknowingly reveal the location of Edward's most prized and hidden possessions. The argument ended with Birch storming out of the office."

Yeah, I think Birch was definitely after the Amulet, and he thought Edward had it. Only I dunno how it'll factor into the plot, since the secret of the Grand Temple has already been revealed. If they talk about it, it'll probably just be for fan service, giving a little backstory to the events of past games.

I knew it.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 12:21 PM
I guess after what the reveal said about Edward being "Ezio mark II"

I was right

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 12:28 PM

I was right

He has certainly got the potential to steal Ezio's shine i will say that for sure, but Ezio is very popular so maybe ubi wanted a character that was ferocious but with Ezio's charisma and personality so maybe this was their answer ?

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 12:33 PM
He has certainly got the potential to steal Ezio's shine i will say that for sure, but Ezio is very popular so maybe ubi wanted a character that was ferocious but with Ezio's charisma and personality so maybe this was their answer ?
Which is why I`ll whine for the next 8 months

RinoTheBouncer
03-04-2013, 12:34 PM
You know Ezio is perfect when you notice that Ubisoft are desperately trying to replicate him for more success.

Assassin_M
03-04-2013, 12:36 PM
You know Ezio is perfect when you notice that Ubisoft are desperately trying to replicate him for more success.
When something generates more success, it doesn't mean it`s perfect...

I`m pretty sure drugs give a lot of success to dealers....

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Which is why I`ll whine for the next 8 months

Oh come on M we all know all the moaning in the world will not change ubi's mind lol ! seriously though i think he has got alot of potential ! the only thing i dont want ubi to do is completely digress from the Assassins Creed concept and totaly focus on Pirates .

Legendz54
03-04-2013, 01:05 PM
I havent lost hope in his character, hopefully he will change from charismatic at the start of the game to stoic at the end, I want to actually see a transition of character. He will probably be as charismatic as Haytham was anyway... Lets not assume he will be as loud as Ezio.

Layytez
03-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Doesn't feel new at all....

ace3001
03-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Edward Kenway is Ezio Auditore Mark II.
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2013/62/ac4_preview_4_edward_kenway_56641_screen.jpg Ratohnhaké:ton didn't quite have the flair and panache of his father Haytham or series superstar Ezio. Edward Kenway, however, is a confident, charismatic British privateer who, at the start of the game, is motivated by wealth and booze.
I don't get this. As the very same article mentions, Edward's motivation is way different to Ezio's. Ezio was motivated by revenge, and nothing else. Just because he's "confident and charismatic", they're calling him Ezio Auditore Mark II. Why do people always take that to be the only important characteristic?

LoyalACFan
03-04-2013, 01:49 PM
I don't get this. As the very same article mentions, Edward's motivation is way different to Ezio's. Ezio was motivated by revenge, and nothing else. Just because he's "confident and charismatic", they're calling him Ezio Auditore Mark II. Why do people always take that to be the only important characteristic?

Because people like to whine. But yeah, aside from the womanizing bit, they don't sound that similar.

Megas_Doux
03-04-2013, 01:50 PM

I was right

True!!!

Let´s hope that Edward evolves his character more than Ezio in Ac2.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 02:07 PM
True!!!

Let´s hope that Edward evolves his character more than Ezio in Ac2.

I think he will. His transition from a bloodthirsty pirate to an Assassin will be interesting to watch. Ezio was inducted when he was a teenager. The same with Connor, Altair was literally born into it. Here we have an adult guy with a set of philosophy (and a very violent philosophy at that) already in place in his mind. Can't wait to see how it changes.

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 02:11 PM

I was right
One preview said that because apparently being charming is a trait only Ezio can have. I'm fine with it provided it's a realistic character and not an Ezio clone.

hellomrdarcy
03-04-2013, 02:20 PM
I think he will. His transition from a bloodthirsty pirate to an Assassin will be interesting to watch. Ezio was inducted when he was a teenager. The same with Connor, Altair was literally born into it. Here we have an adult guy with a set of philosophy (and a very violent philosophy at that) already in place in his mind. Can't wait to see how it changes.

I was about to write this. =)

However, coming to think of it; everyone *****ing about him being the "next Ezio" maybe is how they want us to feel, just to slap us in the face when the time comes. Maybe we are (and I think we are) totally wrong. People often forget that there's many ways of being "charming", "easy with the ladies" and "charismatic." Eveything doesn't have to necessarily be the Ezio-the-italian-stallion-overdoingit-style.

They also mentioned Edward being more harsh and selfish. Now, Ezio was not selfish at all. This difference makes it all very interesting. Altair was, on the other hand, very selfish in the beginning of AC1. BUT he was born into the order, and Edward is not, this making his view of the world different. To witness him becoming an assassin will be very interesting, indeed..

Megas_Doux
03-04-2013, 02:30 PM

However, coming to think of it; everyone *****ing about him being the "next Ezio" maybe is how they want us to feel, just to slap us in the face when the time comes. Maybe we are (and I think we are) totally wrong. People often forget that there's many ways of being "charming", "easy with the ladies" and "charismatic." Eveything doesn't have to necessarily be the Ezio-the-italian-stallion-overdoingit-style.

Fingers crossed

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 02:37 PM

They also mentioned Edward being more harsh and selfish. Now, Ezio was not selfish at all. This difference makes it all very interesting. Altair was, on the other hand, very selfish in the beginning of AC1. BUT he was born into the order, and Edward is not, this making his view of the world different. To witness him becoming an assassin will be very interesting, indeed..

Agreed with everything that has been said here including your post Pirate,

I find it quite ironic that When AC3 was released there was people on here making comparisons to Ezio thus leading to negative conclusions based on Connors character, now ubi have imtroduced a character that shares some of Ezio's brash and Lothario type personality there is still an air of negative complaints.

ace3001
03-04-2013, 02:40 PM
He was "a pirate trained by Assassins" according to the Edward Kenway video. So he was probably involved with Assassins from the get go.

hellomrdarcy
03-04-2013, 02:47 PM
He was "a pirate trained by Assassins" according to the Edward Kenway video. So he was probably involved with Assassins from the get go.

According to the interview with the director Ashraf Ismail, he was a pirate before he got involved and trained by the assassins.

Fingers crossed

Yup! I kind of have faith in them on this one.

roostersrule2
03-04-2013, 02:49 PM
According to the interview with the director Ashraf Ismail, he was a pirate before he got involved and trained by the assassins.Yea he stumbles across them almost accidently.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Yea he stumbles across them almost accidently.

I'll be very interested to see who was the Assassin he stumbled on. Blackbeard maybe? Would explain his kind tone towards Edward.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:28 PM
I'll be very interested to see who was the Assassin he stumbled on. Blackbeard maybe? Would explain his kind tone towards Edward.

Blackbeard doesn't know why he's so mysterious though. Plus, Assassin's generally aren't historical figures.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 03:28 PM

I expect a few of his "dark" traits to remain after he converts. As someone posted somewhere, Edward maybe a dark version of Ezio. xD Let's see..

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Blackbeard doesn't know why he's so mysterious though.

Maybe he is merely putting up a front?

Plus, Assassin's generally aren't historical figures.

Machiavelli would like to say hi..

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Maybe he is merely putting up a front?

Possibly. I could see it happening, but I dunno....

Machiavelli would like to say hi.

Key word is "generally".

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Key word is "generally".

Piri Reis would like to say hi..

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Piri Reis would like to say hi..

George Washington, Leonardo(he wasn't Assassin), Sam Adams, Ben Franklin, Saladin, Putnam.....and the other five billion historical people in AC games would also like to say hi.

And they brought a cake!

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 03:39 PM
George Washington, Leonardo(he wasn't Assassin), Sam Adams, Ben Franklin, Saladin, Putnam.....and the other five billion historical people in AC games would also like to say hi.

And they brought a cake!

Now now.. don't be mad at me. Be mad at ubisoft. They were the ones who took away your shovel beatdown demo, not me. :C

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Now now.. don't be mad at me. Be mad at ubisoft. They were the ones who took away your shovel beatdown demo, not me. :C

I'm currently introducing mister producer Aman-whats-his-name to the concept of shovel beat downs.

Getting lots of good live action footage.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 03:42 PM
i'm currently introducing mister producer aman-whats-his-name to the concept of shovel beat downs.

getting lots of good live action footage.

lmfao!!

Escappa
03-04-2013, 03:44 PM
What if Blackbeard....is Edward in disguise ;)

henne-kei
03-04-2013, 03:45 PM

What if Edward starts to sparkle? *hides*

itsamea-mario
03-04-2013, 03:46 PM

:O

They're both pirates! They're both named Edward! OH MY GOD!!!!!

Eternal Reward

Whoa.

pirate1802

Mind=blown to farthest corners of the galaxy

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:47 PM
I do hope there is a glitch were Edward sparkles.

A *ehem* "glitch".

Escappa
03-04-2013, 03:56 PM
I mean, isn't their faces similar? :p

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 04:02 PM
What if I'm not me but Edward?
What if Edward is my neighbour?
:confused:

My neigbour is me!
http://media.tumblr.com/db649f4441940d7fcbbc2bd5d6646bc1/tumblr_inline_mho7iwJvPy1qz4rgp.gif

LieutenantJojo
03-04-2013, 04:02 PM
How do you guys think he will sound?

I'm thinking something like Haytham, only a little bit younger and wittier. :)

Escappa
03-04-2013, 04:06 PM

I hope he sounds a little like Liam Neeson :)

LieutenantJojo
03-04-2013, 04:08 PM
I hope he sounds a little like Liam Neeson :)

OOOOOH, a younger sounding Liam Neeson would be great :D

Escappa
03-04-2013, 04:08 PM
OOOOOH, a younger sounding Liam Neeson would be great :D

Yeah...that's a voice that fits a mysterious man ;)

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 04:09 PM

Soooo, like this?

"Why?"

"Because I ARRR said so."

itsamea-mario
03-04-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm liking the idea of Edwards character, so initially he's quite a selfish guy, and why not, he is a pirate, he kills and steals for profit. This opens the opportunity for some really nice character development, no doubt we'll see him change as he starts putting the philosophies of the creed into practice in his own life. Maybe culmulating to some really powerful and selfless act at the finale.

UrDeviant1
03-04-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm liking the idea of Edwards character, so initially he's quite a selfish guy, and why not, he is a pirate, he kills and steals for profit. This opens the opportunity for some really nice character development, no doubt we'll see him change as he starts putting the philosophies of the creed into practice in his own life. Maybe culmulating to some really powerful and selfless act at the finale.

Agreed. Should be interesting to see how he initially reacts to the Creed's way of doing things, and how it changes him over time.

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 06:40 PM

Ubi hire this guy as your writer right now. That's what I've been screaming dude.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Agreed x2.

All assassins we've seen till now were inducted at an early age. When they were teenagers/kids. This guy was an adult, and already has an established philosophy. Should be interesting to see how it changes when he interacts with the Assassin ideology. Also, I hope after conversion he doesn't become a by-the-book Assassin, and some of his pirate-era "bad" traits persist. I'd like him to be a "bad" assassin.

Megas_Doux
03-04-2013, 06:48 PM
What uncle mario said, PLEASE!!!

Escappa
03-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Could also be interesting to see how the rest of the brotherhood reacts to his "bad" behavor

LieutenantJojo
03-04-2013, 07:03 PM

This. I can totally see him being this guy who doesn't care about anything else but money and booze. Being drunk quite often, hitting on women, spending his money,... But somehow the Brotherhood, or just 1 person of the Brotherhood, sees something in him and decide to recruit him for their cause. By the end I can definitely see him turn into this very responsible and more mature person.

I do hope they don't take it TOO far and make him a completely different character than he was in the beginning. He needs to retain the essence of what makes him Edward.