PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody else kind of freaked out about AC4?

NightsIayer
03-03-2013, 04:32 AM
So far, AC4 sounds great and looks great but I think it's a bit too good to be true with pirates, naval battles, dual-wielding swords, quadruple pistols, and another Kenway. A little too rushed I believe given that the release date is already here (October 29) and there's already a trailer out. I really hope it's not going to turn out like ACR and have good intentions, but not such a great follow through because it was so rushed. Anybody else getting this feeling?

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:33 AM
The only thing I'm worried is that they showed us a CGI trailer instead of an ingame one. Remember we got an ingame trailer for AC3 on its reveal.

rain89c
03-03-2013, 05:27 AM
So far, AC4 sounds great and looks great but I think it's a bit too good to be true with pirates, naval battles, dual-wielding swords, quadruple pistols, and another Kenway. A little too rushed I believe given that the release date is already here (October 29) and there's already a trailer out. I really hope it's not going to turn out like ACR and have good intentions, but not such a great follow through because it was so rushed. Anybody else getting this feeling?
You thought it was too GOOD to be true??
I thought it was too BAD to be true... pirates and naval battles.., extremely big turn off and highly irrelevant to the AC universe for what it's roots came from and actually known for.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 05:29 AM
The only thing I'm worried is that they showed us a CGI trailer instead of an ingame one. Remember we got an ingame trailer for AC3 on its reveal.
In-engine, not in-game.

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 05:33 AM
You thought it was too GOOD to be true??
I thought it was too BAD to be true... pirates and naval battles.., extremely big turn off and highly irrelevant to the AC universe for what it's roots came from and actually known for.

I love it and it makes perfect sense for him to be an Assassin on the side during the time period.

Better than Ninjas and Asia anyway. Much MUCH better.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 05:35 AM
Assassins Creed can work anywhere and anytime...Some people are just so entitled to something thinking it makes them better, more knowledgeable or more old school and hardcore than everyone else..

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 05:38 AM
Assassins Creed can work anywhere and anytime...Some people are just so entitled to something thinking it makes them better, more knowledgeable or more old school and hardcore than everyone else..

This all the way!

souNdwAve89
03-03-2013, 05:40 AM

Yeah, I agree. I remember when AC3 was revealed, a lot of people complained how it was set during Colonial America/Revolutionary War. People were quick to jump to conclusions. I know that the game is rather mixed, but it still turned out to be successful meaning that it did catch people's attention. So far, AC4 looks cool, but we cannot judge it until we see more footage and receive more information.

This all the way!

Funny that you say that when you're not willing to give the Asian setting a chance.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 05:40 AM
Some people are just so entitled to something thinking it makes them better, more knowledgeable or more old school and hardcore than everyone else..
._.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 05:42 AM
._.
Yea

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 05:46 AM
Eh.. I know I'm a minority but I don't think AC1 was the best. Infact to me its the second-worst after Brotherhood. If it had stayed that way it'd have never reached the fame it has now. Yes, some hardcore fans would have loved it but really that's about it. A franchise like AC, which keeps insisting on yearly releases has to find a way to constantly change things up. The hype you're seeing for AC IV is majorly because of the changed setting. If it ad been a closer-to-roots Assassin game you'd see zero hype because the rest are already eaten up by the rage against yearly releases. I'd honestly rather have this than an AC1 clone (which is supposedly the purest AC). Bless that friend who forced me to complete AC1 or I'd never have gotten into this awesome franchise.

NightsIayer
03-03-2013, 05:51 AM
Eh.. I know I'm a minority but I don't think AC1 was the best. Infact to me its the second-worst after Brotherhood. If it had stayed that way it'd have never reached the fame it has now. Yes, some hardcore fans would have loved it but really that's about it. A franchise like AC, which keeps insisting on yearly releases has to find a way to constantly change things up. The hype you're seeing for AC IV is majorly because of the changed setting. If it ad been a closer-to-roots Assassin game you'd see zero hype because the rest are already eaten up by the rage against yearly releases. I'd honestly rather have this than an AC1 clone (which is supposedly the purest AC). Bless that friend who forced me to complete AC1 or I'd never have gotten into this awesome franchise.
I thought the minority was those who thought AC1 was the best and the majority like AC2 the most and ACB right after that. At least that's what I've come to learn.
I agree though, the most excitement comes from the fact that AC4 might be a huge change in the focus of gameplay.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 05:52 AM
I thought the minority was those who thought AC1 was the best and the majority like AC2 the most and ACB right after that.
You thought right.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 06:00 AM
You thought right.
Indeed...isnt it a widely accepted census that there exists more idiots in the world ?:rolleyes:

Yeah, butt hurt It`s a Joke:p calm down (not you sid)

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 06:12 AM
Indeed...isnt it a widely accepted census that there exists more idiots in the world ?:rolleyes:

Yeah, butt hurt It`s a Joke:p calm down (not you sid)
We'll be called elitists now.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 06:14 AM
We'll be called elitists now.
Want some tea ?

If we`re going to be elitists, lets at least be British...

rain89c
03-03-2013, 06:33 AM
I thought the minority was those who thought AC1 was the best and the majority like AC2 the most and ACB right after that. At least that's what I've come to learn.
I agree though, the most excitement comes from the fact that AC4 might be a huge change in the focus of gameplay.
The majority liked AC2 similar to how everyone favors shooters like Call of Duty, it doesnt mean it is the best though.
AC1 may not have had the best progressive storyline as AC2 did, but it did have an unbeatable atmospheric world of its own, AC1 was highly realistic and memorial.

NightsIayer
03-03-2013, 06:44 AM
The majority liked AC2 similar to how everyone favors shooters like Call of Duty, it doesnt mean it is the best though.
AC1 may not have had the best progressive storyline as AC2 did, but it did have an unbeatable atmospheric world of its own, AC1 was highly realistic and memorial.
I see your point. To be honest, I never played AC1. I actually started on ACB then went back to AC2 so I usually agree when people say ACB or AC2 was the best. However, I hope AC4 is like none of them with only the element of freshness/exoticness many say AC1 had.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 06:51 AM

Works both ways. Just because some people liked AC1 doesn't make it the best (just in their mind). In the end its all subjective because we all have different idea of what it takes to be the best AC. For some its stealth, for some its the locations, for some its the main character, for some its something else.