PDA

View Full Version : Only way I will purchase AC: BlackFlag

mockers0
03-03-2013, 12:01 AM
AC3 set a new standard in the AC world but I still felt like I was not in a sandbox world and just playing through Desmonds old memories real quick *Which was the purpose but they really dumbed it down to that*. I will list a couple of main features that will actually make me decide if I am going to buy the new AC.

Gameplay: Obviously we can expect the same type of gameplay and prolly and upgraded sea battle system ans gameplay improvements. I just hope the gameplay improvements are much different and unique compared to AC3 the jump from AC2 to brotherhood really wasn't even a jump at all.

Sandbox feel: I am not asking for GTA or Red Dead but heck it would be nice to have more of that sandbox feel. Red Dead and GTA have lot of diffrent side things to mess with and interactions but AC seems stale besides the storyline. They could add many little cool thing's like Poker, blackjack and etc along with other gameplay mechanics that arent related to the story or side quest so it makes me actually feel like im in a real pirate city and I can interact with many thing's for a reason or no reason at all.

CO-OP: To be honest I will not base my decsion to purcahse AC: Blacklist because of this but I think it needs to be added. Greg Miller on IGN made a good point about Co-op some people say AC Co-OP wouldn't make sense but a time machine and lost acnsetors laying a giant egg before time does fit in with the story. To be honest it;s a game and you can make anything fit. It would be nice for a single player quality CO-OP, I would enjoy drop in drop out CO-OP within single player if it does not hinder the SP.

Multiplayer: I think it's time to really take MP to the next level, the MP is suprisley good but it's need to take the next step. I actually personally do not know how you could do this but I am also not paid to think of idea's either. I do have an idea for a new mode that involves Ship to ship combat multiplayer in a MMO type of way without making it an MMO. I think it would be cool if you could take a crew of 8 to the sea's where at least 40 other ships with 8 players could be in the same server at a time along with NPC ships. You could take ur crew out and get ships booty and etc. Players would take control of cannons and sails. Besides gunning the cannons sails could be made challaning and whther you have good people doing there job at sails determines the speed of the ship n etc. and of coarse the capt is the capt. I am not sure how ship boarding would work or if it even could work.

Those are just my opinions anyway.

Disciple930
03-03-2013, 12:40 AM
I believe AC Cooperative play has already been shut down by a Ubisoft exec. I can't quite remember where I heard this (possibly Assassin's Den podcast), but they won't have the technology to have two player-controlled characters in the same game-world without breaking most if not all game mechanics for a good amount of time.

montagemik
03-03-2013, 12:43 AM
Well , i already pre-ordered my PS4 ................ So if i eventually buy AC 4 , i'll have to decide if it's PS3 or PS4 version i go for .

AC3 was just a little too ambitious i think for X360 / PS3 & much of what was intended was probably dropped due to hardware or time limitations probably ................

Next gen may improve the freedom & features quite a bit.

Keep in mind AC4 is set before AC3 , so a vast change or upgraded sea battles may not make much sense .
As for MMO style multiplayer sea battles .............. No thanks , I've not much interest in 'World of SEA Craft' but that's just me.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:56 AM
I believe AC Cooperative play has already been shut down by a Ubisoft exec. I can't quite remember where I heard this (possibly Assassin's Den podcast), but they won't have the technology to have two player-controlled characters in the same game-world without breaking most if not all game mechanics for a good amount of time.

Yeah I remember that. UbiGabe said that (I think) on a Raptr Q&A. He said it is currently impossible to implement it but they may do it in teh future.

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 05:30 AM
AC4 on PS4 will just have little graphical details like mists and stuff and higher graphics obviously. But it won't be until 5 or whatever comes NEXT year that we'll see super graphical improvement. Since it's still coming on PS3 and Xbox 360 they won't go too hard with it yet.

montagemik
03-03-2013, 05:44 AM
AC4 on PS4 will just have little graphical details like mists and stuff and higher graphics obviously. But it won't be until 5 or whatever comes NEXT year that we'll see super graphical improvement. Since it's still coming on PS3 and Xbox 360 they won't go too hard with it yet.

With the touch sensitive pad on the PS4 controller & new motion sensors , They might implement a few new Control elements to specific game sections , .
The main AC4 on PS4 selling point for me so far is the PS4 'NO Loading' feature , bound to improve gameplay quality more than a little.

mockers0
03-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Well , i already pre-ordered my PS4 ................ So if i eventually buy AC 4 , i'll have to decide if it's PS3 or PS4 version i go for .

AC3 was just a little too ambitious i think for X360 / PS3 & much of what was intended was probably dropped due to hardware or time limitations probably ................

Next gen may improve the freedom & features quite a bit.

Keep in mind AC4 is set before AC3 , so a vast change or upgraded sea battles may not make much sense .
As for MMO style multiplayer sea battles .............. No thanks , I've not much interest in 'World of SEA Craft' but that's just me.

Lol actually I didn't mean to say I want a MMO on the sea I just ment a new mode that lets you interact with other players on the sea like SHIP VS SHIP multiplayer combat not world of seacraft.

Upgraded sea battles? I don't think you quiete understood what I ment. I know the times are before AC3 but I ment gameplay wise. Like more options and detailed gameplay mechanics for sea combat if you get what I mean.

RinoTheBouncer
03-03-2013, 11:32 PM
I think the main thing ACIV needs to focus on is the story, the graphics and the gameplay and of course the lasting appeal. I don't care about Multiplayer, Co-Op or the side missions. What I want is stunning graphics that actually makes you feel like you're playing a next generation game (since they said it will be for next gen. consoles too) with a great cohesive story and entertaining gameplay.

I want them to get rid of the optional objectives crap. I don't want to lose full sync just because I finished in 1:02 not 1:00 minutes. It's silly because AC2 was good without it. They want you to do things exactly like the ancestor? now how about losing full sync when I finish in 0:58 minutes since the original character finished it in 1:00 minutes not more nor less? that would make it really fair since those above it lose sync for not being like the original.