PDA

View Full Version : Officially out of Black Flag

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 09:37 PM
So I just watched the leaked trailer. Not hyped, because if there`s anything I learned from CG, is that it doesn't represent the final gameplay, so that`s one and now two..

It seems Ubisoft is taking the easy path with the protagonist again. A smooth, charming, ladies man.....YAY...yeah No...

Thank You, Ubisoft...I never wanted another Connor....but I never wanted another Ezio as well...So there ya go..

I wont get it cheap or used, because I respect work. I buy things full price...

Enjoy your new character, Ezio fans...you got what you asked for...well done.

UPDATE****
5 reasons why I`m most likely out of Black Flag

1- The easy path they seem to have taken in regards to the Protagonist (I wont explain this again)

2- The first person, faceless Modern Protagonist (I thought they ended Desmond in such a crappy way to open up for a better Modern Protagonist)

3- The HYPE HYPE HYPE (Trailers are nothing but style and screen shots are bull shots)

4- It sounds good ON PAPER....just like every other one

5- I don't feel like I`ll have, what I`m currently being told in the final game (It`s like, during the morning, you tell me I`ll eat a roast turkey, rice and french fries for lunch; By lunch time, I only find the Turkey....where are the fries ?? The rice ??)

UPDATE 2***

Leave now if you don't want to read a very, very long opinion. Yes this is an opinion on the internet. A rare sight to see, correct?

I've been an AC fan since ACII, and have played and beat every main installment of the AC series. However, this series has taken a strange turn by trying to appeal to everyone, rather than its actual fans and those who enjoy games similar to the AC series. This is my two-cents about ACIII and the series in general.

People have been accusing Ubisoft of milking this series since the announcement of AC:B, only a few months after ACII's release. However, ACIV's announcement caused a great deal of controversy, with many people even comparing the series to Call of Duty. However, I'll just say this: AC is NOT like CoD in any way, other than the string of yearly releases and the high number of sales. The difference between CoD series and AC series's yearly releases is that the development team for AC at least tries to innovate and add new things to the sequels (new as in gameplay aspects, not just a few more weapons/maps and a different/continued story, like CoD). However, their plans haven't turned out so great since AC:B.

As for ACIII, it lacked quality because the development team tried to please every type of player out there, instead of focusing on specific player types. Although the series has continued to deliver great soundtracks and arguably the best character animations in each game, the gameplay just doesn't match up to the series' stunning visual and audial design.

The trailers for this series have always been great and impressive (the ACII trailer remains my favorite game trailer of all time), but trailers don't always accurately portray the actual games. For example, in ACIII's trailer, we see Connor running up to the huge line of Redcoats and massacring them in melee combat, then firing off an arrow in midair to take down the Templar. Of course, the closest thing in the game to the trailer's events is the Battle of Bunker Hill. None of this even happens in the game. Actually, this is not possible at all, because the game forces you to die if you get too close the firing lines.

All of the main story missions were more linear than any AC game's main mission (Walk here to watch a cutscene. Okay, nowfree-run here to watch THIS cutscene! Now get on this horse, run back and forth, and command some Patriots to shoot at Redcoats who will wait 3 minutes while aiming before they shoot! Don't worry!), and most of the side quests were degraded and made irrelevant to the game's story ("Hey, Assassin! Go and kill these 5 random guards walking around the Frontier! I have no idea who these guys are, and neither do you, but whatever!" "Hey, Assassin! Go and deliver these 5 letters to these 5 random guys! I'm not sure why this is relevant to you and your life, or why all of these random guys sound identical and say the same exact thing every time you deliver a letter, but do it anyways!" "Hey Assassin! Go find all this crap and give it to me! I have no idea what I'm going to do with this crap, or why you'd even want to waste your time in order to give them to me, but do it anyways!").

They were overly ambitious (especially with the 3 short years they were given) and tried to add so much into the game (hunting, crafting, Homestead missions, recreated Assassin recruit system, etc.) that almost every new gameplay aspect was below average quality. Instead of trying to put so much into the game, they simply should've added the most important aspects and refined the existing ones that worked.

The hunting mechanic may have been fun for some (it wasn't to me), but even those who enjoyed it must admit that it was ultimately pointless. Here is where a chain of problems begins. The hunting mechanic is pointless because the economy is pointless. The economy is pointless because upgrading weapons is pointless. Upgrading weapons is pointless because this game is TOO **** EASY. The combat is ridiculously easy once players get the hang of the system. This has been a problem since the first AC, but took a huge and very noticeable step in AC:B. It is too forgiving, giving players huge windows of time to counter the guards who get in line for their deaths. In ACIII, enemies are a bit more aggressive and take more specific strategies depending on the types, but its counter system is even more forgiving than before. The game gives even more time to counter and use the human shield technique (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhJV5gXUXlQ). The brutal kill animations are what makes the combat so enjoyable, but that doesn't excuse the combat from being so easy. The development finally got the health right in ACIII, but they still haven't fixed the combat. I've found myself fleeing from combat not because I needed to, but because I was bored of fighting and decided to run away just for the hell of it. They added pass-throughs and moving hay-carts, but these additions feel ultimately contrived since fleeing is such a rare incident in the game.

When I learned that hiding in crowds only required two people (rather than the unrealistic groups of random people walking around), I was very excited about this. However, I quickly realized how useless hiding in moving crowds became. It was unreliable and often resulted in guards detecting you.

The stealth is and always has been broken. The addition of corner peeking was nice, as well as mobile hide spots (bushes and tall grass), but it didn't add enough to the stealth factor of the series. Stealth has slowly become more and more irrelevant in this series. The game doesn't even have a stealth mode or cover system, which is essentially a prerequisite for any stealth game. The player cannot hide behind the crates in front of him because they are too short and he can't just crouch and use it as cover. Instead, he is inconveniently forced to find an object that is tall enough to hide behind.

The Homestead missions and recruit missions were decent additions, but most cutscenes were clearly half-assed, resulting in Connor and friends talking to each other while standing completely still with no life-like animations. The recruit missions were poorly introduced into the game. In my first playthrough, I completed all of the liberation side-quests, only for Connor to walk to some random person I've never met before, yet Connor talks to him/her as if they know each other already. This is because the game doesn't require that you actually ever meet your city contact before doing liberation missions, but the final liberation mission for each contact assumes that you already have. This lead to my confusion, and no doubt, many others. Also, the fort liberation missions weren't introduced to players at all, unlike the past two games (Borgia Towers for AC:B and Templar Dens for AC:R). It was very hilarious/ridiculous seeing a teenage Ratonhnhaké:ton raising an American flag in forts many years before the American Revolution even began.

The Tomb missions (replaced by Peg Leg missions), Subject 16 puzzles (Underground Tunnels), crafting (changing from bomb crafting to item crafting) and recruit system returned, but were somehow degraded in quality. The Peg Leg missions, although improved graphically, were painfully short and deprived of actual gameplay compared to past games, and leveling up recruits served little to no purpose.

Leveled up recruits showed no actual improvement aside from adding smoke bombs to their arsenal, and there is absolutely no visual representation of their statistics or health, unlike the past two games. The dev. team attempted to replace the underground (thieves, mercenaries, and courtesans/Romanies) by adding different techniques for the Assassin recruits. Again, this was a nice addition, but ultimately useless, because the recruit system is (and has always been) useless. This goes back to the game being too easy.

The Underground Tunnel missions forced players to run around in the dark, following rats and solve unchallenging puzzles that lacked the mystery of Subject 16's puzzles. It was, in my opinion, an unnecessary and unpleasant addition, as I would rather spend money renovating the tunnels (or simply starting off with the tunnels automatically available) rather than being forced to spend a few hours jogging slowly to open every tunnel entrance in Boston and New York.

However, the worst in my opinion was the crafting. The interface was not user friendly at all (Just like the entire game's UI. Why the hell does the player have to go to a completely different screen just to switch weapons? The weapon menu was fine before, so why change it!?) The crafting was only useful for creating ammo pouches and new weapons. However, the average player should be able to easily beat the game without buying a single upgrade. The crafting screen moved between items slowly, forced players to select items one by one, and always brought players all the way back to the top of the list after an item was selected, which was incredibly annoying when the items players actually needed were at the very bottom. If there is a person who did not find this annoying, I would like that person to teach me their ways of tolerating inefficient things such as ACIII's UI.

Only very few aspects, such as the naval missions, were actually fun and refined. However, the naval missions, as high-quality as they were, did not fit well into ACIII at all. They felt tacky and unneeded, despite the majority opinion that these missions were a surprisingly fun and high-quality addition (especially after the widely despised Tower Defense in AC:R).

Another big problem is the full-synch requirements. I've never liked this, along with the majority others, because it forced players to play the game a certain way. Sure, they were "optional," but throwing red text on the screen that is basically crying "YOU DIDN'T PLAY IT RIGHT" doesn't exactly encourage players to play the game the way they want to play it. Sure, you're doing what the ancestor did, but no one gives a ♥♥♥♥. They want to have fun, not be forced to stab almost every main target when they have so many other options.

ACIII was in no way a bad game, but with the resources that it had, it should have and could have been a much better game, possibly the best game of last year. However, the development team just couldn't live up to their ambitions and that resulted in an unrefined game. I could just go on and on about the game's faults, as well as its nice features (even though I've done A LOT more of the former), but I've already said A LOT already.

Assassin's Creed still remains my favorite game series, and I'm still going to buy ACIV simply to continue the series' convoluted story that I love so much, but I know very well that this series hasn't taken any remarkable steps forward in gameplay. I had high expectations for ACIII, since Ubisoft stated that it was their largest project. However, I am being more careful with my expectations of ACIV, especially because of how ACIII turned out despite the information and gameplay demos provided before its release.
Very good post

Death_Aflame
03-02-2013, 09:38 PM
So I just watched the leaked trailer. Not hyped, because if there`s anything I learned from CG, is that it doesn't represent the final gameplay, so that`s one and now two..

It seems Ubisoft is taking the easy path with the protagonist again. A smooth, charming, ladies man.....YAY...yeah No...

Thank You, Ubisoft...I never wanted another Connor....but I never wanted another Ezio as well...So there ya go..

Agreed. I'd have preferred an Altair kind of guy, emotionless during missions, yet able to show emotion when it requires it.

montagemik
03-02-2013, 09:44 PM
TBH his face looks more like a modified caucasian Connor.

I'm never sold by CG trailers or previews - & hold off judgement until i know more info about the actual game / plot , i still have hope for more Connor .

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 09:47 PM
TBH his face looks more like a modified caucasian Connor.

I'm never sold by CG trailers or previews - & hold off judgement until i know more info about the actual game / plot , i still have hope for more Connor .
Oh no don't get me wrong. I have hope for more Connor, but I`m not a Connor guy who got upset that his favorite character is not in the game. I do not want another Ezio...I wanted someone different than both Ezio AND Connor, but alas....I guess not..

Also.....I kinda hope you`re not part of the "This was actually Connor, but they replaced him because of the bad reception" crowd....You`re too intelligent for that..

MadJC1986
03-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I think it's too early to say that Edward is like Ezio. I mean, wtf, he did not say any word in the trailer.

nitres15
03-02-2013, 09:48 PM
i can never tell if you are being serious or not M

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 09:48 PM
I think it's too early to say that Edward is like Ezio. I mean, wtf, he did not say any word in the trailer.
Neither did Ezio in his trailer, but everyone got the Idea

i can never tell if you are being serious or not M

Maybe I`m serious, maybe I`m one hell of a troll...Who knows ??

But I`m serious, though and this thread accomplishes more than one goal....

Lass4r
03-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Err... this is what we're all discussing in the thread about the trailer. It's kinda arrogant to create a new thread to highlight your opinion, especially when your opinion seems to be the consensus.

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 09:52 PM
I haven't made any final judgements from that trailer. I'v learnt my lesson.

So, he got laid, does that make him an Ezio clone? What do you think makes him such a carbon copy of Ezio judging by what you've seen?

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Err... this is what we're all discussing in the thread about the trailer. It's kinda arrogant to create a new thread to highlight your opinion, especially when your opinion seems to be the consensus.
Allow me to explain...

I currently hate this place...Seriously, and I do not plan on mixing with the crowd much. I was never going to reply to you, but eh...figured I should explain anyway..A thread of my own, clean...no crap (hopefully) and i`ll be gone again...

I don't want provoking subjects to come up, which are less likely to come up here...in a new thread..

About me being arrogant...if that`s how you see it, then alright....

montagemik
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM

& which of the multiple trailer threads are you reffering to ?

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 09:56 PM
I haven't made any final judgements from that trailer. I'v learnt my lesson.

So, he got laid, does that make him an Ezio clone? What do you think makes him such a carbon copy of Ezio judging by what you've seen?
All this is just my guts...I`v no facts and I trust my guts...showing that in a CG trailer has no relevance what so ever to the game, but it has relevance of some sort to Ubisoft...it`s like they`re saying "LOOK GUYZ HE SLEEPS WITH LADIES AGAIN..LIKE THAT ??"

That`s how I see it...

hupponen
03-02-2013, 09:58 PM
But he's a pirate! Sleeping with ladies is their thing :D

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:00 PM
But he's a pirate! Sleeping with ladies is their thing :D
I guess that`s another highlight along with the Naval...

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 10:03 PM
He doesn't strike me as lighthearted and charming like Ezio was. More like an angry, resolute badboy who chooses his own path. Also it's not like you to pass judgment based on so little information. On the contrary last time I saw you post you complained about all the loose assumptions people made about AC4, if I recall correctly :).

hupponen
I guess that`s another highlight along with the Naval...

Keep an open mind. It's not like he's gonna have sex the whole game.. And I don't think the naval will be too big of a thing. Sorry for my bad english :D

TheHumanTowel
I think you're making too much assumptions based on little info. Apparently these days having sex with a woman=being an Ezio-clone. But whatever opinions opinions.

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 10:04 PM
All this is just my guts...I`v no facts and I trust my guts...showing that in a CG trailer has no relevance what so ever to the game, but it has relevance of some sort to Ubisoft...it`s like they`re saying "LOOK GUYZ HE SLEEPS WITH LADIES AGAIN..LIKE THAT ??"

That`s how I see it...

Well, that is kinda to be expected from a privateer/pirate. But you're right, Ubisoft for some reason felt the need to emphasise this in the trailer. But for me at least, i still think it's too little to go on when assuming he's just going to be copy/paste hero. I hope you're wrong, and i'm sure you do too!

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:06 PM
you complained about all the loose assumptions people made about AC4, if I recall correctly :).
Jackpot...

Keep an open mind. It's not like he's gonna have sex the whole game.. And I don't think the naval will be too big of a thing. Sorry for my bad english
your english is actually very good. no need to apologize...

Ezio never had sex the whole game and trust me, I`m not worried about Naval being big or small...I want a GOOD game...

I think you're making too much assumptions based on little info. Apparently these days having sex with a woman=being an Ezio-clone. But whatever opinions opinions.
It`s starting to click..

ACfan443
03-02-2013, 10:06 PM
By being 'officially out of black flags' does that mean you're not going to discuss it anymore/read up on it/watch its trailers? (The title just didn't seem clear to me)

montagemik
03-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Oh no don't get me wrong. I have hope for more Connor, but I`m not a Connor guy who got upset that his favorite character is not in the game. I do not want another Ezio...I wanted someone different than both Ezio AND Connor, but alas....I guess not..

Also.....I kinda hope you`re not part of the "This was actually Connor, but they replaced him because of the bad reception" crowd....You`re too intelligent for that..

Do i think they switched Connor to Edward instead ? .................. Errr NO , Not at all .

I have my own theory Why Edward looks more like Connor than Haytham, which is why i still have faith Connor isn't done yet.
(just look how similar Desmond looked to the Ancestors who's memories he was reliving - Altair & Ezio ,AC2 ezio more than ACR)

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:08 PM
By being 'officially out of black flags' does that mean you're not going to discuss it anymore/read up on it/watch its trailers? (The title just didn't seem clear to me)
Probably not...

I might make a few rare posts here or there, but it wont be anything like before...Unless something happens that changes my views...like...the Devs explaining how Edward is not another Ezio

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Do i think they switched Connor to Edward instead ? .................. Errr NO , Not at all .

I have my own theory Why Edward looks more like Connor than Haytham, which is why i still have faith Connor isn't done yet.
(just look how similar Desmond looked to the Ancestors who's memories he was reliving - Altair & Ezio ,AC2 ezio more than ACR)
That`s a relief...

And I think I know this theory...

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 10:09 PM

Thing is, the Assassin's have never looked the same in-game compared to promotional stuff. I expect Edward will look barely anything like that in-game.

And tbh i really didn't get a Connor vibe from Edward :/

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:11 PM
i really didn't get a Connor vibe from Edward :/
I did.....he`s one grouchy mofo

hupponen
03-02-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Edward will be different from Ezio. He seems kind of an bad guy, and Ezio was a nice guy, kinda..

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 10:14 PM

I'm looking at a side by side but i just can't see it. Being picky i'd say they both have big jaw-lines?? Anyways, i'll need to see an in-game image of Eddie first ;)

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm looking at a side by side but i just can't see it. Being picky i'd say they both have big jaw-lines??
Yeah...very similar Jawlines...

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 10:17 PM

I'm confused. Does this mean you are... onboard again?

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:18 PM
not yet...

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 10:18 PM

Brace yourselves. Pirate jokes are coming.

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 10:20 PM
not yet...

Come on M, I know you want to do this:

http://i.minus.com/ilrTJnaFQBLLf.PNG

WalSwJan
03-02-2013, 10:21 PM

http://i.minus.com/ilrTJnaFQBLLf.PNG

If you're able to punch sharks in the face,this game is automatically 90% cooler.

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:21 PM

_CUT_
You sound pretty optimistic:D

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Brace yourselves. Pirate jokes are coming.

Lol they sure arrrgh!

IceHot100
03-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Oh, c'mon. It's not always about the fans. The time, setting and more importantly, the character also matters. Can you imagine Connor being a womanizer or anything like Ezio at all? (considering his past, his mothers death, him killing his own father, seeing a man, who taught him everything, die etc etc.). But Edward, it's different with him. Now if they made him Connor- like, I would had hated him. Judging by his looks, he would more fit in a more womanizer- type character.

But still at the end of the day, we don't know anything about him, so we can neither judge nor criticise. What kind character did you want to see? Just curious...

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 10:26 PM

I'm always super pumped once the reveal trailer gets released. It's the best time to be an AC fan, the possibilities are endless. It's after I have played the game I need a few months of therapeutical forum whining, because the game didn't live up to my BEST GAME EVER MADE -hype :p. I also really love this setting: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/756135-Random-pics-to-get-into-the-Caribbean-mood

I-Like-Pie45
03-02-2013, 10:28 PM
If you're able to punch sharks in the face,this game is automatically 90% cooler.

Relevent:
http://randomindependent.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/batman-punch-shark-sm.png

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:28 PM
But still at the end of the day, we don't know anything about him, so we can neither judge nor criticise. What kind character did you want to see? Just curious...
Something closer to Marston from RDR...or even Haytham..

They both cracked jokes and all that, but they were serious when needed be and they did not sleep with Women in the middle of crap...

The thing I hated about Ezio`s character is the womanizing part. half of his family just got bloody hanged and he was already flirting with Paola...a few days later and he`s flirting with her Courtesans.

what made me enjoy Connor is that I felt his tragedies...He wasn't sleeping with Women after his mother died.....even if it was YEARS ago...

I just did not connect with Ezio`s tragedies, because of this...hell, just a bit under a year, his supposed life long love died in his arms, and already Ezio was in bed with Caterina....WTF, MAN ??

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Something closer to Marston from RDR...or even Haytham..

They both cracked jokes and all that, but they were serious when needed be and they did not sleep with Women in the middle of crap...

The thing I hated about Ezio`s character is the womanizing part. half of his family just got bloody hanged and he was already flirting with Paola...a few days later and he`s flirting with her Courtesans. what made me enjoy Connor is I felt his tragedies...He wasn't sleeping with Women after his mother died.....even if it was YEARS ago...

I just did not connect with Ezio`s tragedies, because of this

So sleeping with women is a no no in your book? They did it in the Witcher 2, explicitly, and imo the game never suffered. Afterall, don't people play games to get away from real life's harsh realities ;)

Bashilir
03-02-2013, 10:33 PM

That is, if we can even go underwater, knowing Ubisoft, that'll get cut because of time contraints. Also, did anyone else notice that it's ONLY A DAY BEFORE AC3. I was hoping to not to have to wait as long as last year... Of course, that wasn't really worth the wait but STILL, IT SUCKS.

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:35 PM
So sleeping with women is a no no in your book? They did it in the Witcher 2, explicitly, and imo the game never suffered. Afterall, don't people play games to get away from real life's harsh realities ;)
The way I look at it, Games and Women are 2 different things.If Ezio wanted to flirt with Women, fine...just not a few hours right after he witnessed his father and brothers get hanged....

The Depiction of sex in mainstream media is usually crappy, that`s why It`s a no no in my book....They probably wont make a good balance, because Video games are a fantasy...who wouldn't make to have sex with Women ?????

OSantaClownO
03-02-2013, 10:37 PM
I am actually so tired of reading those posts.
You are complaning about every single thing.

You don't like Connor - so they changed it, oh, you don't like the new character

Ubisoft doesn't deserve such a terrible audience as you.

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:39 PM
I am actually so tired of reading those posts.
You are complaning about every single thing.

You don't like Connor - so they changed it, oh, you don't like the new character

Ubisoft doesn't deserve such a terrible audience as you.
lol OK xD

If only you knew...

I`ll just tell you this....I liked Connor

MadJC1986
03-02-2013, 10:41 PM

As diving was featured in AC Liberation, and now the FC3 team is helping on AC4's developpment, I'm sure this won't be cut out.

D.I.D.
03-02-2013, 10:44 PM
I just did not connect with Ezio`s tragedies, because of this...hell, just a bit under a year, his supposed life long love died in his arms, and already Ezio was in bed with Caterina....WTF, MAN ??

Reality <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> you

ACfan443
03-02-2013, 10:45 PM
As diving was featured in AC Liberation, and now the FC3 team is helping on AC4's developpment, I'm sure this won't be cut out.

Are they?

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Reality <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> you
doesnt seem that way from where I`m standing..

Opinions, prefrences......learn them

TheBearJew32
03-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Are they?
sorry, but i doubt it. i'm sure you do too...

D.I.D.
03-02-2013, 10:50 PM
doesnt seem that way from where I`m standing..

Opinions, prefrences......learn them

Even today, people's sex lives don't just shut down because of a loved one's death. Some people react differently, sure. But rewind 500 years, when people's life expectancy was much lower than it is today, when economic pressures were totally different, when people didn't have mass communication media to explain how this versus that is "appropriate" or not... nobody would know how long they should be mourning, but by anyone's estimate a year would be a lot of precious time.

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Even today, people's sex lives don't just shut down because of a loved one's death. Some people react differently, sure. But rewind 500 years, when people's life expectancy was much lower than it is today, when economic pressures were totally different, when people didn't have mass communication media to explain how this versus that is "appropriate" or not... nobody would know how long they should be mourning, but by anyone's estimate a year would be a lot of precious time.
So basically your same post, but in words ?

Same reply...

FirestarLuva
03-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Just watched the trailer as well.
I can't say he'll be an Ezio 2.0 because he's a womanizer but Ubi for sure likes to make their new protagonist as likeable as possible, blonde hair, blue eyes, cocky, arrogant.
I thought I was going to like him more than Haytham, but after watching this trailer, even if it's too early, I think Haytham will be a more in-depth and complex character than him. Sure Haytham gave out James Bond vibes but at least he had some depth into him. If you thought Haytham had it easy go and read Forsaken.
Also, about Edward being similar in appearance to Connor, didn't Haytham say in the book that his mouth and nose were Kenway? Guess that's why he reminds us a little of Connor. :D

And M don't lose hope. There might be news about what they plan to do with Connor on Monday, at least Ubi said so to be patient and wait until monday when fans asked them on their wall.
For all we know, AC4 can be a duology, given it has a SUBtitle, Black Flags being part 1, Edward's story, part 2, Connor's story. Maybe at the end we find out Connor is somehow tied into this. Maybe Connor will be the new modern day character that relieves Edward's life through a memory seal. Juno did tell him he has made a difference and will do so again.
And what about TOKW? Maybe something will happen to Connor at the end after drinking all that tea, the new powers and the apple. If Washington really did use the apple on him, maybe he ends up with a shattered mind when he comes back in his own timeline. The TOKW director did say Connor will slowly start to lose himself as the episodes go.

Disciple930
03-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Neither did Ezio in his trailer, but everyone got the Idea

Maybe I`m serious, maybe I`m one hell of a troll...Who knows ??

But I`m serious, though and this thread accomplishes more than one goal....

Really?

The trailer where he literally says nothing and his facial expression is exactly the same the entire time? By that logic, Altair should have been exactly like Ezio based on his trailer. There is literally no way that you could have came to a conclusion of really any of Ezio's character traits other then his badassery. This trailer is different as it actually remarks some of Edwards traits. Mysterious and good with the ladies? (Black-Beards confession and menage a twois?) Check. That plus his obvious badassery.

I'm not saying Edward is going to be the second coming of Jesus, but your point is pretty moot.

montagemik
03-02-2013, 11:16 PM
That`s a relief...

And I think I know this theory...

It has nothing to do with memory seals by the way ..............

RzaRecta357
03-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Hmm I really don't get where the "Another Ezio" comes from all over this board. Just because he had two women in bed? Ezio when he was young sexed up a few girls with charm. This is a pirate guys, he's gonna have dirty sex all over the place. Did Jack Sparrow break everyones view of pirates?

I really do not see a second Ezio in this character....at all. He's an english.. so is this our first really white protagonist? I think so. Is he charming girls or just being an all around hardass who gets hammered on rum and then drags women to bed to sex and toss aside? Looks like it may be the case. He's a pirate and blackbeard thinks he's hardcore. That must mean he does and takes what he wants and no one will say anything to him.

None of these things are Ezio.

I don't think you guys should judge it so harshly from this CGI video. I'm betting the world is bright and beautiful like Venice from AC2. Everything will be touched up with some new additions. Double wielding two swords rather than just a sword and dagger. Underwater exploration and what not.

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Really?

The trailer where he literally says nothing and his facial expression is exactly the same the entire time? By that logic, Altair should have been exactly like Ezio based on his trailer. There is literally no way that you could have came to a conclusion of really any of Ezio's character traits other then his badassery. This trailer is different as it actually remarks some of Edwards traits. Mysterious and good with the ladies? (Black-Beards confession and menage a twois?) Check. That plus his obvious badassery.

I'm not saying Edward is going to be the second coming of Jesus, but your point is pretty moot.
I`m pretty sure EVERYONE got the idea of Ezio being smooth with the ladies just by seeing the trailers...

if not everyone, at least those with a good eye...

RzaRecta357
03-02-2013, 11:28 PM
I`m pretty sure EVERYONE got the idea of Ezio being smooth with the ladies just by seeing the trailers...

Isn't one of the first things we seen with Brotherhood, him sexing up Caterina Sforza?

Anyway, like I said above I don't think it's so much of an Ezio charm type thing like we're used too and more of a just showing he tosses girls to the side and doesn't even think twice. More like, it's a hole and then I'm going to plunder treasure.

Which sounds dirty.. But I'm sure pirates were more into prostitutes and things than even Ezio. Ezio had respect for the prostitutes even.

montagemik
03-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Just watched the trailer as well.
I can't say he'll be an Ezio 2.0 because he's a womanizer but Ubi for sure likes to make their new protagonist as likeable as possible, blonde hair, blue eyes, cocky, arrogant.
I thought I was going to like him more than Haytham, but after watching this trailer, even if it's too early, I think Haytham will be a more in-depth and complex character than him. Sure Haytham gave out James Bond vibes but at least he had some depth into him. If you thought Haytham had it easy go and read Forsaken.
Also, about Edward being similar in appearance to Connor, didn't Haytham say in the book that his mouth and nose were Kenway? Guess that's why he reminds us a little of Connor. :D

And M don't lose hope. There might be news about what they plan to do with Connor on Monday, at least Ubi said so to be patient and wait until monday when fans asked them on their wall.
For all we know, AC4 can be a duology, given it has a SUBtitle, Black Flags being part 1, Edward's story, part 2, Connor's story. Maybe at the end we find out Connor is somehow tied into this. Maybe Connor will be the new modern day character that relieves Edward's life through a memory seal. Juno did tell him he has made a difference and will do so again.
And what about TOKW? Maybe something will happen to Connor at the end after drinking all that tea, the new powers and the apple. If Washington really did use the apple on him, maybe he ends up with a shattered mind when he comes back in his own timeline. The TOKW director did say Connor will slowly start to lose himself as the episodes go.

About Connor & Edwards similar faces ............. Well i haven't Read Forsaken , So i had no idea Haytham said that , I Just noticed that Edward looked more like Connor & much less like Haytham. (at least to me he does )

Well i gave you my full theory Firestarter , & it would be plausible enough for me. .(Glad it works for you too)
I Just like plotlines / story to make some kind of sense , plus the whole TOKW being non cannon = I don't strictly believe it will be in the end if i'm right.

the_atm
03-02-2013, 11:32 PM
I agree, I mean I probably won't be getting either way due to college but still... unless they realllllllllllllly change the game up and by that I mean tune it down back to it's roots with a new setting, be it pirates or not, I probably wouldn't get it full price, i'd buy it new but not 60 bucks new.

Bashilir
03-02-2013, 11:32 PM
About Connor & Edwards similar faces ............. Well i haven't Read Forsaken , So i had no idea Haytham said that , I Just noticed that Edward looked more like Connor & much less like Haytham. (at least to me he does )

Well i gave you my full theory Firestarter , & it would be plausible enough for me. .(Glad it works for you too)
I Just like plotlines / story to make some kind of sense , plus the whole TOKW being non cannon = I don't strictly believe it will be in the end if i'm right.

Last I heard, it was canon. Since, Connor knows he's in an alternate reality. Anyway, I paused it when it shows Edward's face and to be honest, he does look like alot like Connor. It's definitely the jaw.

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Isn't one of the first things we seen with Brotherhood, him sexing up Caterina Sforza?

Anyway, like I said above I don't think it's so much of an Ezio charm type thing like we're used too and more of a just showing he tosses girls to the side and doesn't even think twice. More like, it's a hole and then I'm going to plunder treasure.

Which sounds dirty.. But I'm sure pirates were more into prostitutes and things than even Ezio. Ezio had respect for the prostitutes even.
Edward is indeed a Pirate, but it doesn't seem like he`s your regular, dirty pirate....I`m pretty sure the ladies looked pretty....."charmed"... didn't look like they were tossed aside to me..if anything, it looked like he gave them the night of their lives...

You have a point about Caterina...we never see him touching a Woman ever in ACB

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Edward is indeed a Pirate, but it doesn't seem like he`s your regular, dirty pirate....I`m pretty sure the ladies looked pretty....."charmed"... didn't look like they were tossed aside to me..if anything, it looked like he gave them the night of their lives...

You have a point about Caterina...we never see him touching a Woman ever in ACB

They were probably prostitutes. Doubt they were expecting him to stick around for some friendly chit chat. I bet those bed sheets were drenched though.

Disciple930
03-02-2013, 11:35 PM

My bad. Was unaware M was speaking on every AC trailer ever. However, that trailer was for Brotherhood, which is after 2. By then Ezio's personality was WELL documented. I was holding Edwards first trailer to Ezio's. The one where he assassinates the masked with his hidden gun, his debut cinematic. That was my main comparison.

Disciple930
03-02-2013, 11:40 PM

Trailer(s). Please read my reply to Rza. Assuming we're speaking about Ezio's debut trailer compared to Edwards, I still cannot fathom you could gather Ezio's womanizing tendencies from it. The only time he was with females was when he paid the courtesan to distract his target.

And, like the rest of the trailer, his face was as expressionless as a brick. I know people can see a man's personality with woman judging by his general attitude, but if every stone-faced assassin you've met is a hit with the ladies, my bad.

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Trailer(s). Please read my reply to Rza. Assuming we're speaking about Ezio's debut trailer compared to Edwards, I still cannot fathom you could gather Ezio's womanizing tendencies from it. The only time he was with females was when he paid the courtesan to distract his target.

And, like the rest of the trailer, his face was as expressionless as a brick. I know people can see a man's personality with woman judging by his general attitude, but if every stone-faced assassin you've met is a hit with the ladies, my bad.
It`s just a deduction..

The AC II first trailer did not reveal OBVIOUS hints about Ezio`s womanizing skills like ACBF`s first trailer, true, but there were subtle hints....

Why would 2 courtesans laugh while taking Money for a Job ? Women don't laugh after taking Money from a Job and even at that, one of them, did not have a happy happy look on her face...

Women laugh like that when they`re complemented or flirted with...

Just needs a catchy eye and you`ll understand

Farlander1991
03-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Assassin_M, I know your feelings about Ezio, but he didn't flirt with Paola's girls (they flirted with him though, but it didn't go both ways), and Cristina died in 1498 (somewhere before May) while the night with Caterina was in the beginning of 1500, so it's been at least a year and a half, most likely closer to two. You like facts, don't you? :p

FirestarLuva
03-02-2013, 11:45 PM
Excerpt from Forsaken:

I saw him: the Assassin. And knew. He had his mother’s eyes, the same proud set of his chin, but his mouth and nose were Kenway. He was the image of her, and of me. Without a doubt, he was my son.

I'm kinda happy how they made Edward similar to Connor in appearance. I guess Haytham looks a lot like his mother then.
Either way despite all this no more Connor/Edward being Ezio discussion all over I'm glad they've still decided to stick to the Kenways and not making an entirely new protagonist in a whole different time period and abandoning AC3's world too early. There are already awesome art works of Connor and Edward over the internet so I'm glad fans haven't thrown Connor away. So far, this is as close to more Connor as we can get.
To me it seems Ubi doesn't want us to forget Connor entirely.

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Assassin_M, I know your feelings about Ezio, but he didn't flirt with Paola's girls (they flirted with him though, but it didn't go both ways), and Cristina died in 1498 (somewhere before May) while the night with Caterina was in the beginning of 1500, so it's been at least a year and a half, most likely closer to two. You like facts, don't you? :p
Eh..It kinda did go both ways....Did you see the look on Ezio`s face when he saw Paula ?

And I stand corrected then....2 years...still....love of his life ? 2 years ? My perspective ? too bloody fast....

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 11:54 PM
It`s just a deduction..

The AC II first trailer did not reveal OBVIOUS hints about Ezio`s womanizing skills like ACBF`s first trailer, true, but there were subtle hints....

Why would 2 courtesans laugh while taking Money for a Job ? Women don't laugh after taking Money from a Job and even at that, one of them, did not have a happy happy look on her face...

Women laugh like that when they`re complemented or flirted with...

Just needs a catchy eye and you`ll understand

All that part said to me is that 2 prostitutes were impressed with the way Edward gets down, he might have even thanked them for a lovely evening. What, do you think he just recited them some Shakespearian poetry and that made them swoon? ;) But i hey, i do agree that Ubi better not turn him into a womanizer.

Assassin_M
03-02-2013, 11:56 PM
What, do you think he just recited them some Shakespearian poetry and that made them swoon?
Funniest **** I`v seen in some time xD

rupok2
03-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Stop bsing. We all know you will preorder the game on launch day and play the **** out of it no matter what Ubisoft spews out.

That being said I agree with you. I am not saying he will be exactly like Ezio but the Womanizing characters have to stop. If they didn't advertise that one aspect I would be onboard. I want a serious character again like Altair but he has to have humor too. I want a character who is funny most of the time but then serious when work needs to be done. Ubisoft has given us another james bond character. Kills and slaughters people like a badass and ****s 2 or more women in bed frequently.

These kinds of characters problems always seem like a joke to me because they are presented as alpha males who can get through and beat any enemy. I want a character that has the potential to fail or make mistakes.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Stop bsing. We all know you will preorder the game on launch day and play the **** out of it no matter what Ubisoft spews out.

It is a possibility....I may even buy it and tell you "NOPE !! I DID NOT BUY THEE"

MadJC1986
03-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Are they?

That's what someone said on another topic. Who knows...

rileypoole1234
03-03-2013, 12:35 AM
I will enjoy it, thanks.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 12:56 AM
I've already ranted about this sexist trailer in another thread.

I'll only add here that from now on Edward's new nickname is Eziard for me. :nonchalance:

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 12:57 AM

I'll only add here that from now on Edward's new nickname is Eziard for me. :nonchalance:

Yawn.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Yawn.
Please get a coffee...

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 01:00 AM
lol I've never seen such venom and vitriol directed at a character based on so little evidence. (Not directed at you M btw.)

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:02 AM
lol I've never seen such venom and vitriol directed at a character based on so little evidence. (Not directed at you M btw.)
It's actually very justified. I got all the evidence I need from the trailer. No need for more. We all know where this is going.

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 01:04 AM
It's actually very justified. I got all the evidence I need from the trailer. No need for more. We all know where this is going.
Because he had sex with two consenting women? Oh no call the police!

hupponen
03-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Why is everybody hating Ezio now?

Legendz54
03-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Maybe he was just... I dunno, walking past that room to get somewhere else??? And they were showing he was too badass to sleep with them. I dont want another Ezio too, but this guy does not strike me as an Ezio, More of a Connor, Haytham mix.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Because he had sex with two consenting women? Oh no call the police!
NO!
Because HE was not naked but the women WERE!
In other words, Ubisoft being utterly sexist and forgetting they have a huge female fan-base and treating us like s**t.

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Maybe he was just... I dunno, walking past that room to get somewhere else??? And they were showing he was too badass to sleep with them. I dont want another Ezio too, but this guy does not strike me as an Ezio, More of a Connor, Haytham mix.

You keep thinking that xD

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 01:10 AM
NO!
In other words, Ubisoft being utterly sexist and forgetting they have a huge female fan-base and treating us like s**t.

Yeah, so apparently this makes "Edward a womaniser".

nitres15
03-03-2013, 01:11 AM
NO!
i don´t get how that is sexist, explain WHY, don´t just repeat the same ******** over and over

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 01:11 AM
NO!
He was dressed because he was leaving. I'm not denying the women were there for sex appeal. I just think you're completely overreacting. I don't understand this Ezio clone mentality either. Is having intercourse with females a trait exclusive to Ezio?

FirestarLuva
03-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Maybe he was just... I dunno, walking past that room to get somewhere else??? And they were showing he was too badass to sleep with them..

I think you're looking a little too much into it. :rolleyes:
My opinion on Edward based just on this trailer; Ubi are trying to bring Ezio's character back but are doing it a lot more clumsily and a lot more worse.
Again, this is my view on him after this trailer, it might drastically change if there's another one.
Funny, the more I don't like Edward, the more I like Ezio for some reason.

hupponen
NO!

He was naked at some point obviously, they just didn't show it :D And nobody would have not got what they were doing if all of them were in full clothing.

Assassin_M
i don´t get how that is sexist, explain WHY, don´t just repeat the same ******** over and over
She wanted equality..

if the Women are naked as service to the male fans, then the man should`v been as well as service to to the female fans...

hupponen
03-03-2013, 01:15 AM
She wanted equality..

if the Women are naked as service to the male fans, then the man should`v been as well as service to to the female fans...

But it would have been pretty gross to see all of them naked, you know.. D:

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 01:15 AM
Not to her I guess xD

Legendz54
03-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Guys he didn't even smile, or say a word, again we are looking in on this too much, Just relax and watch the trailer without jumping to conclusions, Personally i dont think he is going to be like Ezio at all.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:17 AM
For the very last time to all of you thinking that my problem was him being a womaniser or a player or an Ezio clone etc... It's NOT!
From a female gamer's point of view, it's extremely sexist to present to your audience (which includes a huge female fan-base) naked women but choosing to have the man supposedly walk away FULLY DRESSED. Why couldn't they choose a scene where he's walking away half-dressed at least? Or another scene? Please don't tell me this was their only choice as I really won't believe that. Even in movies they do that and the men are not fully-dressed! Think of Brad Pitt in Troy for example. But oh no... let's not do that now in this AC scene... :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Guys he didn't even smile, or say a word, again we are looking in on this too much, Just relax and watch the trailer without jumping to conclusions, Personally i dont think he is going to be like Ezio at all.
To me, It looks A LOT like Ezio...

just how I see it

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Um not for me!

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 01:19 AM
For the very last time to all of you thinking that my problem was him being a womaniser or a player or an Ezio clone etc... It's NOT!
From a female gamer's point of view, it's extremely sexist to present to your audience (which includes a huge female fan-base) naked women but choosing to have the man supposedly walk away FULLY DRESSED. Why couldn't they choose a scene where he's walking away half-dressed at least? Or another scene? Please don't tell me this was their only choice as I really won't believe that. Even in movies they do that and the men are not fully-dressed! Think of Brad Pitt in Troy for example. But oh no... let's not do that now in this AC scene... :rolleyes:
I like this female..

Saqaliba
03-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Edward looks like a great character. Bad ***! Womanizer. Bring it on! He is a pirate, so what do you expect. He will be like the James Bond of the Ocean. I hope it turns out he is not the legitimate Father of Haythem and that he reforms himself in his later years to become more noble, and takes on Haythem as his own during the pregnancy of Tessa Stephenson-Oakly.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:21 AM
I like this female..
haha! Thanks!!

UrDeviant1

I see your point, but you did outright call Edward a womaniser in your original rant, and you did just mention him again in this thread. So if your gripe is with the actual trailer and not with Edward, maybe you shouldn't be calling him a womaniser...yet anyway.

hupponen
Um not for me!

Well obviously when all of them are naked they are doing something, and it would have been just not appropriate. But I agree with the half dressed thing, would have been great :D

Legendz54
03-03-2013, 01:24 AM
To me, It looks A LOT like Ezio...

just how I see it

To me it looks like a blonde 50% Connor and 50% Haytham who accidentally stumbled into a prostitute room and walked out. XD

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 01:25 AM
To me it looks like a blonde 50% Connor and 50% Haytham who accidentally stumbled into a prostitute room and walked out. XD
You know I`d like that:p

I`d be happy to be proven wrong...

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 01:26 AM

Saying youre going to call him Eziard didn't help making that very clear.......

silvermercy
I see your point, but you did outright call Edward a womaniser in your original rant, and you did just mention him again in this thread. So if your gripe is with the actual trailer and not with Edward, maybe you shouldn't be calling him a womaniser...yet anyway.
Yes, I said that because I thought so, too. Indeed, I, too, think, that Edward looks like a womaniser. They made such a big show for it not to believe that now. What am I supposed to believe? That he goes to church every Sunday? LOL Even if he goes, that's not the vibe I got from the trailer. lol

But my other point also stands, too. This shouldn't happen in TV trailers at least. It's perpetuating stereotypes.

hupponen

I'm sure it was just an innocent accident :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm sure it was just an innocent accident :rolleyes:
He suddenly wakes up in the middle of a threesome....Convenient xD

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Yes, I said that because I thought so, too. Indeed, I, too, think, that Edward looks like a womaniser. They made such a big show for it not to believe that now. What am I supposed to believe? That he goes to church every Sunday? LOL Even if he goes, that's not the vibe I got from the trailer. lol

But my other point also stands, too. This shouldn't happen in TV trailers at least. It's perpetuating stereotypes.

Well i hope the game give you all the man butt you can physically take. Sounds like you need it.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Well i hope the game give you all the man butt you can physically take. Sounds like you need it.
Nope!
But it sure sounds like you need some naked chicks yourself, since you're that okay with sexist standards.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 01:33 AM
I somehow feel like this is my fault..

is this my fault ?

hupponen
03-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Nope!
But it sure sounds like you need some naked chicks yourself, since you're that okay with sexist standards.

Could we just stop about this naked chick thing? It really wasn't that bad.

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 01:35 AM
I somehow feel like this is my fault..

is this my fault ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkST5-ZFHw
Imagine this scene with Assassin M as Matt Damon and Ratonhakefan as Robin Williams.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Could we just stop about this naked chick thing? It really wasn't that bad.
Yes, it was. Very.

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 01:38 AM
Nope!

xD Tell me where i say this trailer is in no way sexist. I actually agreed with you on that part. All i'v done is called you out for constantly contradicting yourself with regards the Edward. Tsk.

Legendz54
03-03-2013, 01:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkST5-ZFHw
Imagine this scene with Assassin M as Matt Damon and Ratonhakefan as Robin Williams.

ahahahahahaha

hupponen
03-03-2013, 01:39 AM
Yes, it was. Very.

Fine. It's your opinion.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:40 AM
xD Tell me where i say this trailer is in no way sexist. I actually agreed with you on that part. All i'v done is called you out for constantly contradicting yourself with regards the Edward. Tsk.
Good that you agree.
But please quote where I contradicted myself. Since I made TWO points.

Assassin_M
What Matt Damon did....that`d be my exact reaction

silvermercy
Fine. It's your opinion.
It's not an opinion. It's a very obvious, clear as day, FACT. This trailer is SEXIST.

hupponen
03-03-2013, 01:41 AM
It's not an opinion. It's an obvious FACT. This trailer is SEXIST.

Not everybody thinks that.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 01:41 AM
Guys....I`m gonna cry....stop

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Not everybody thinks that.
Unfortunately, yes. But it doesn't matter. It's still a FACT. I will always repeat that FACT. This trailer is sexist.

hupponen
03-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Guys....I`m gonna cry....stop

Now, now.. no need for that..

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 01:44 AM

I'll only add here that from now on Edward's new nickname is Eziard for me. :nonchalance: Here

Good that you agree.
But please quote where I contradicted myself. Since I made TWO points.

And here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/756360-Assassin-s-Creed-4-Black-Flag-Debut-Trailer/page38 < especially here.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 01:45 AM
Now, now.. no need for that..
but everyone is fighting an- and they`re calling each other names a-an-and they`re being mean to each otheeeeeerrrrrrrr D,:

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:46 AM
Here
And here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/756360-Assassin-s-Creed-4-Black-Flag-Debut-Trailer/page38 < especially here.
Um... no. I didn't contradict myself. I think you missed the subtle words I used. Maybe they were too subtle... who knows...
I said my "MAIN point"

hupponen
03-03-2013, 01:47 AM
but everyone is fighting an- and they`re calling each other names a-an-and they`re being mean to each otheeeeeerrrrrrrr D,:

Shh.. it's okay dude, this is internet.. I know how you feel.

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 01:48 AM

Wow, you're really still trying? lol

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Wow, you're really still trying? lol
And I said from the START this was not my MAIN point!

Are you seriously trying to blame-shift this around on me so so as we lose focus on this totally sexist trailer!? Unbelievable... lol

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Good god you'd swear the trailer was twenty minutes of Edward doing it doggy style with a women with "I am an object" written on her back while being cheered on by a crowd of teenage boys. It's literally a two second frame! This has crossed the threshold into hilarious at this stage.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:51 AM
Good god you'd swear the trailer was twenty minutes of Edward doing it doggy style with a women with "I am an object" written on her back while being cheered on by a crowd of teenage boys. It's literally a two second frame! This has crossed the threshold into hilarious at this stage.
The fact remains it was sexist.
2 seconds or 2 hours. Who cares... Sexism is not counted in seconds.

hupponen
03-03-2013, 01:53 AM

Are you seriously trying to blame-shift this around on me so so as we lose focus on this totally sexist trailer!? Unbelievable... lol

Seriously.. Let's just forget the trailer and focus on fighting about other stuff.. I mean can we just be one big happy assassin family?

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 01:55 AM
stop it guys...STOP IT STOP IT !!

I`m telling mom okay ?

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 01:55 AM

Trailer we agree on. Claiming Edward is a womaniser,or Ezio clone, we do not. So to save any more contradiction, lets leave it at that :)

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 01:56 AM
Trailer we agree on. Claiming Edward is a womaniser,or Ezio clone, we do not. So to save any more contradiction, lets leave it at that :)
Okay, fine with that. Peace! lol

hupponen
03-03-2013, 01:58 AM
Is it over? Thank god..

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 01:59 AM
Is it over? Thank god..
It`s because I said I`m telling mom..

hupponen
03-03-2013, 02:00 AM
It`s because I said I`m telling mom..

You did a great job *pat pat*

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 02:02 AM

Hahaha i read some of the stuff about Edward and i wouldn't say he's Ezio. Maybe similar but he is a pirate, so :P. But also add he's probably a lot darker too. I'll wait before i jump to conclusions

D.I.D.
03-03-2013, 02:04 AM

Hupponen's response is the reason why that's unlikely. Insecure men have to telegraph their straightness by loudly shouting "GULP! WOULD NOT HAVE WANTED TO SEE THAT!" so that everyone is clear that Username1234 has a strong case of the Notgays. The truth is it's unlikely Hupponen's brain really cares one bit, but his ego does so his mouth has to, and advertisers respond to that.

Remember the fuss about Watchmen? The "big blue ****" that was allegedly "pointing right in my face the whole time", according to the shrieks of men and boys? Logically you'd assume all those guys were deep in the closet, but really they were probably just overenthusiastic because of Notgay.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 02:04 AM
Hahaha i read some of the stuff about Edward and i wouldn't say he's Ezio. Maybe similar but he is a pirate, so :P. But also add he's probably a lot darker too. I'll wait before i jump to conclusions
I read the Forsaken, and he definitely calmed the eff down a bit....it does explain a second wife, though...

I`m different. I jump to conclusions (I call them deductions... don't judge) then if I`m wrong, I stand corrected. If I`m right, I`m Sherlock Holmes...

hupponen
03-03-2013, 02:05 AM
Hupponen's response is the reason why that's unlikely. Insecure men have to telegraph their straightness by loudly shouting "GULP! WOULD NOT HAVE WANTED TO SEE THAT!" so that everyone is clear that Username1234 has a strong case of the Notgays. The truth is it's unlikely Hupponen's brain really cares one bit, but his ego does so his mouth has to, and advertisers respond to that.

Remember the fuss about Watchmen? The "big blue ****" that was allegedly "pointing right in my face the whole time", according to the shrieks of men and boys? Logically you'd assume all those guys were deep in the closet, but really they were probably just overenthusiastic because of Notgay.

I'm a girl.. :I

D.I.D.
03-03-2013, 02:09 AM
I'm a girl.. :I

Bah! Well the theory is intact, but the personal dig is in ruins!

What was the D: for then?

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 02:10 AM
I read the Forsaken, and he definitely calmed the eff down a bit....it does explain a second wife, though...

I`m different. I jump to conclusions (I call them deductions... don't judge) then if I`m wrong, I stand corrected. If I`m right, I`m Sherlock Holmes...

haha don't worry man, i'm not judging here. I've heard good things from one source about this game, but i know how Ubisoft drops the ball with AC and POP so i'm on the sidelines right now. If this game is great cool if not then rent. If Edward is a ladies man or not doesn't bother me really, there are only two options, he either is or he isn't. I'll wait to hear more about him

hupponen
03-03-2013, 02:12 AM
Bah! Well the theory is intact, but the personal dig is in ruins!

What was the D: for then?

D: means like terrified, you know? And I may sound like a p.rick, but i'm not.. :D

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 02:14 AM
haha don't worry man, i'm not judging here. I've heard good things from one source about this game, but i know how Ubisoft drops the ball with AC and POP so i'm on the sidelines right now. If this game is great cool if not then rent. If Edward is a ladies man or not doesn't bother me really, there are only two options, he either is or he isn't. I'll wait to hear more about him
Oh no I know you wont judge :D I was saying it jokingly :P

but I mostly agree with you

D.I.D.
03-03-2013, 02:16 AM
D: means like terrified, you know? And I may sound like a *****, but i'm not.. :D

I know that, that's what I meant :) Your post was exactly like a million others that have made my heart sink a million times before, so now I'm totally confused!

So, wait. Trailer has clothed man, naked women. Another person points out that this is sexist, since they could have made everything equal with all parties naked. Then you found the idea of that alarming... why?

Perhaps you like assassin's robes so much that you don't like to see a second of screen time wasted without their presence? My head's exploding here.

MetalCreed
03-03-2013, 02:19 AM
The AC franchise has been dead since Revelations, sorry bruhstep.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 02:20 AM
Same old **** with OP.
Hi I`m OP..

Need something ?:)

hupponen
03-03-2013, 02:21 AM
I know that, that's what I meant :) Your post was exactly like a million others that have made my heart sink a million times before, so now I'm totally confused!

So, wait. Trailer has clothed man, naked women. Another person points out that this is sexist, since they could have made everything equal with all parties naked. Then you found the idea of that alarming... why?

Perhaps you like assassin's robes so much that you don't like to see a second of screen time wasted without their presence? My head's exploding here.

I'm sorry if i'm confusing, maybe it's the language barrier.. I just meant that IMO there's nothing wrong showing naked women without naked dude. And it would have been okay for me if Edward would have been naked too, i don't care. But the terrified face was just joking, because if they were all naked it could have been porn or something. I hope i'm not confusing you even more :D I don't have that good english.

D.I.D.
03-03-2013, 02:29 AM
I'm sorry if i'm confusing, maybe it's the language barrier.. I just meant that IMO there's nothing wrong showing naked women without naked dude. And it would have been okay for me if Edward would have been naked too, i don't care. But the terrified face was just joking, because if they were all naked it could have been porn or something. I hope i'm not confusing you even more :D I don't have that good english.

Ahhhh, I see! Well, your unintentional bro impression was perfect :D

That shows another problem, I guess. We're so used to seeing naked women as accessories around heroic men that the image can just drift past us and we barely notice, but if you put naked men and naked women together in the same scene, that gets our attention: we think a line has been crossed.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 02:30 AM

That shows another problem, I guess. We're so used to seeing naked women as accessories around heroic men that the image can just drift past us and we barely notice, but if you put naked men and naked women together in the same scene, that gets our attention: we think a line has been crossed.
More people who get what I was saying! I'm making progress here! lol Thanks!

(p.s. two naked women in bed, just like that seems like a porn scene to me, too.)
And you're right about being so used to women being like sex accessories in media, games etc, so much that not even women pay attention to it.

hupponen
03-03-2013, 02:32 AM
Ahhhh, I see! Well, your unintentional bro impression was perfect :D

Well.. I guess I'm quite boyish.. But it would have been okay too if they were both naked, but under the sheets. Otherwise it would be inappropriate :D. But the scene just really didn't look like cuddling and stuff :D

montagemik
03-03-2013, 02:33 AM
He was dressed because he was leaving. I'm not denying the women were there for sex appeal. I just think you're completely overreacting. I don't understand this Ezio clone mentality either. Is having intercourse with females a trait exclusive to Ezio?

Are you Accusing a Female (silvermercy) of Overreacting ?? ....................Surely NOT :rolleyes: LOL

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 02:33 AM
Well.. I guess I'm quite boyish.. But it would have been okay too if they were both naked, but under the sheets. Otherwise it would be inappropriate :D. But the scene just really didn't look like cuddling and stuff :D
The Customer usually puts his clothes on first......if the Prostitute liked it :|

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 02:35 AM
these thread is quite amusing haha

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 02:36 AM
Are you Accusing a Female (silvermercy) of Overreacting ?? ....................Surely NOT :rolleyes: LOL
I keep forgetting to take my oestrogen suppressant pills. Oh well...

Verziga
I think the assumption that Edward's a womaniser based solely on a 3 second shot is a bit of a stretch to be honest. It's entirely possible that Edward was never even in that bed himself. Maybe the girl is a contact and he was simply delivering or receiving information. Maybe she was TRYING to get him into bed but that's not his style so he refuses and walks away. Maybe, considering Blackbeard's narrative at that point, 'knows his way around every crag and crevice of these islands', it was nothing more than a crude, tongue in cheek gag to amuse whoever made the video. There's any number of scenarios that very brief scene could actually present and the simple fact is we're all just gonna have to wait and see. I'm making no assumptions about Edward's character at this point except that he's clearly a typical badass fighting machine just like all the other assassins we've played as so far but then that's to be expected. It wouldn't be AC if he wasn't. Personally, whatever character he has, I'm looking forward to the game as much as any of the others. Only thing I know for sure is I'll be out of that hooded robe and into whatever cool pirate outfit they provide at the first opportunity.

hupponen
The Customer usually puts his clothes on first......if the Prostitute liked it :|

What if she didn't like it.. hmm.... Customer gets out NAKED!

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 02:37 AM
Think this is real?
http://i.imgur.com/QbCM8pv.png

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 02:38 AM
No....He`d be the one in the sheets:p

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 02:39 AM

haha i think he was going for the prostitute would get out first. I can't act like i know anything about prostitutes though :P

Think this is real?

God i hope not, this is ugly

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Think this is real?
Definitely real....look at the pistols...they`re placeholders...

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 02:42 AM
Definitely real....look at the pistols...they`re placeholders...

With the PS4 this game should look amazing, but sadly from that screen shot it looks horrible to me :(

hupponen
03-03-2013, 02:43 AM
Think this is real?

Looks pretty crappy, but it may be just early screenshot.. Where did you find this?
Oh, it says assassinscreedchile in the bottom, nevermind :D

UrDeviant1
03-03-2013, 02:43 AM
Duel wielding swords looks so wrong if that picture is real^. Looks like he belongs in MK ffs.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 02:44 AM
With the PS4 this game should look amazing, but sadly from that screen shot it looks horrible to me :(
If it`s developed on the PS4 as the base console, it`d look amazing, but I doubt that`s the case...it`s being developed on current gen and will then be ported to next gen...which shouldn't make much of a difference in graphics between the 2...

Kaschra
03-03-2013, 02:45 AM
If the "The graphics suck" discussion starts again, I'll get really angry.
Please not the same ****ty discussion from AC3 last year. PLEASE.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 02:47 AM
It`s Ubi`s fault..

PS4 just screams "BETTER GRAPHICS" for people....Not saying this`d bother me in the slightest...I`m Okay if the graphics are like that

montagemik
03-03-2013, 02:48 AM
I'm always super pumped once the reveal trailer gets released. It's the best time to be an AC fan, the possibilities are endless. It's after I have played the game I need a few months of therapeutical forum whining, because the game didn't live up to my BEST GAME EVER MADE -hype :p. I also really love this setting: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/756135-Random-pics-to-get-into-the-Caribbean-mood

Actually around the time New AC Trailers are revealed - It's your Imagination that is Endless ................The 'possibilities' are still quite limited. -
But due to hype & over excitement - You just don't realise it yet .

Like most games - You're better off expecting Dissapointment - Then anything else is a Bonus.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 02:49 AM
God i hope not, this is ugly
Obviously this isn't going to be how it will finally look like, lol.

Kaschra
03-03-2013, 02:49 AM
It`s Ubi`s fault..

PS4 just screams "BETTER GRAPHICS" for people....Not saying this`d bother me in the slightest...I`m Okay if the graphics are like that

It will be just like AC3 all over again, but this time worse because it's also a Next Gen game...

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 02:50 AM
It will be just like AC3 all over again, but this time worse because it's also a Next Gen game...
Indeed..

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Obviously this isn't going to be how it will finally look like, lol.
despite me saying that the pistols are placeholders (i.e early stage of development...pre alpha most likely) no one payed attention xD

hupponen
03-03-2013, 02:51 AM

Oh no.. D: But seriously, we just need to trust Ubisoft, they have not failed in graphics. At least in my opinion.

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 02:53 AM
If it`s developed on the PS4 as the base console, it`d look amazing, but I doubt that`s the case...it`s being developed on current gen and will then be ported to next gen...which shouldn't make much of a difference in graphics between the 2...

Wow that would be annoying if that were true. I know watch dogs is going on both current and next gen and they said that on the next gen we will see animations and reaction differences as well as graphics. So i was hoping since they new about next gen last year they would have been working on making AC4 next gen amazing in both graphics and everything else.

THE GRAPHICS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, story doesn't matter. gameplay doesn't matter, if the graphics sucks then the game does >.>

haha jk, but with the new consoles coming out and seeing deep down (not the porno), watch dogs, and killzone. It would be nice to see AC4 on that level

ACfan443
03-03-2013, 02:54 AM
Oh no.. D: But seriously, we just need to trust Ubisoft, they have not failed in graphics. At least in my opinion.

They really haven't, AC3's graphics are amazing.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 02:55 AM
deep down (not the porno), watch dogs, and killzone. It would be nice to see AC4 on that level
Deep down was in-engine, remember how the AC3 in-engine looked and how the final was? It's nowhere close and the same will happen.

DavisP92

meh, AC1 looked better than AC2 through ACR in my opinion.

Deep down was in-engine, remember how the AC3 in-engine looked and how the final was? It's nowhere close and the same will happen.

good point, hopefully it'll still look good. I'm keeping my eye on that game

Assassin_M
Not really an Opinion...

AC games graphics are top notch...anyone who says otherwise needs some glasses and a bit of knowledge...

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 02:56 AM
meh, AC1 looked better than AC2 through ACR in my opinion.
It`s all in the lighting..

Textures and Polygon count was crap in AC I...

But for a 2007 game, it was bloody awesome

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 02:58 AM

When I saw AC2 after playing AC1 i couldn't help but think this game looks more like a cartoon then what I expected. I also was a fan of the close camera that AC1 had

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 03:00 AM

Tbh, AC2 was wayyyy low-poly. Even Ezio himself looked flat.

Legendz54
03-03-2013, 03:00 AM

We never actually saw anything happen, for all we know it could be implying that something like courtesans are coming back, and i think i kinda saw Edwards head shake when he looked at the girls.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 03:02 AM
I remembered something Haytham said,

“The love I felt for Father constantly threatened to engulf me with its sheer magnitude; I didn’t just love him, I idolized him.”

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Tbh, AC2 was wayyyy low-poly. Even Ezio himself looked flat.
Say anything was low poly, but Ezio, man...

I agree that AC II looked the worst, but Ezio was definitely higher poly than Altair...

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 03:03 AM
We never actually saw anything happen, for all we know it could be implying that something like courtesans are coming back, and i think i kinda saw Edwards head shake when he looked at the girls.
Like I said, i`d be happy to be proven wrong...

When I saw AC2 after playing AC1 i couldn't help but think this game looks more like a cartoon then what I expected. I also was a fan of the close camera that AC1 had
AC I LOOKS better, but when you take a closer look, you`ll see what I mean...

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 03:03 AM
One thing that has been annoying me since AC2, why are there no sheaths?! How does Edwards swords or anyone of the other assassin's swords stay put?

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 03:04 AM
Say anything was low poly, but Ezio, man...

I agree that AC II looked the worst, but Ezio was definitely higher poly than Altair...
Oh i wasn't comparing to Altaïr at all, just the game as a whole was low-poly as hell.

Will_Lucky
I'll be picking it up on the PS4 in the hopes it will deliver a solid 30fps and not 30 in the frontier, and 20 in the cities. Not to mention the idea that maybe, maybe they will be able to give 1080P but thats probably too optimistic.

MetalCreed
The first official screens will look brushed up, so I wouldn't trust the potential screens we get from Ubi the coming Monday..

ProletariatPleb
The first official screens will look brushed up, so I wouldn't trust the potential screens we get from Ubi the coming Monday..
Don't worry, we are detectives :P We will separate the bullshots.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 03:05 AM
Don't worry, we are detectives :P We will separate the bullshots.
Yup..

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 03:05 AM
I don't know. I just have this total feeling he won't be anything like Ezio. I feel like he'll do and take what he wants when he wants. Ezio was filled with respect.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 03:06 AM
One thing that has been annoying me since AC2, why are there no sheaths?! How does Edwards swords or anyone of the other assassin's swords stay put?
This highly annoys me as well, AC1 had a stealth and it worked magnificently maybe something to do with dangling object physics to fit on the consoles? Altho seems like a minor thing.

I don't know. I just have this total feeling he won't be anything like Ezio. I feel like he'll do and take what he wants when he wants. Ezio was filled with respect.
I hope you're right, that is what we should do as an Assassin and to show the moral ambiguity.

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 03:10 AM
This highly annoys me as well, AC1 had a stealth and it worked magnificently maybe something to do with dangling object physics to fit on the consoles? Altho seems like a minor thing.

I hope you're right, that is what we should do as an Assassin and to show the moral ambiguity.

I really think they should just bring it back, the fact that you have two sharp swords dangling around by your legs is a horrible idea especially when you're going to be running and jumping everywhere.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 03:11 AM
I really think they should just bring it back, the fact that you have two sharp swords dangling around by your legs is a horrible idea especially when you're going to be running and jumping everywhere.
Rolling with a crossbow on your back seems painful as well :P

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 03:18 AM
More screenies
http://i.imgur.com/DfySYTq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4NEr1pe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cOvobAg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8yXXdIr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kcc3ayN.jpg

hupponen
03-03-2013, 03:20 AM
More screenies

Ooh, whales! And jungle, treerunning!

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 03:21 AM
Well tree-running confirmed anyway.

hupponen
03-03-2013, 03:22 AM
It seems like you will be able to freeroam in the ship too :D

Kaschra
03-03-2013, 03:22 AM
More screenies

A whale! How cool is that?
And tree-running is back! =D

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 03:23 AM
2nd pic, to me that looks like a blowpipe on his back. Possibly a club, seems way more like a blowpipe to me though.

Legendz54
03-03-2013, 03:24 AM
^ Come on guys you gotta admit those screens are awesome :)

hupponen
03-03-2013, 03:25 AM
^ Come on guys you gotta admit those screens are awesome :)

The hype.. I have to fight it..

Kaschra
03-03-2013, 03:25 AM
Where did these new screens come from?

SixKeys
03-03-2013, 03:26 AM
Is anyone else bothered by how much he looks like Altaïr from behind? Like, almost identical? It's like they didn't even try to go for an original design.

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 03:31 AM
2nd pic, to me that looks like a blowpipe on his back. Possibly a club, seems way more like a blowpipe to me though.
You're right. Probably just a new method of shooting poison darts.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 03:32 AM
You're right. Probably just a knew method of shooting poison darts.
Looks like a rusty teethed club to me.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:32 AM
Is he wearing two different robes is some screens or is it my eyes? Probably my eyes.

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 03:33 AM
I think that's cloth at the end of it. Not sure.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 03:34 AM

I'm fairly sure those teeth are strips of some kind of fabric.

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 03:34 AM
They really need to have holsters and sheaths, I can't get over it. Now the guns are magically floating on the character. -.-
but the screens are interesting

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2013, 03:35 AM
Is he wearing two different robes is some screens or is it my eyes? Probably my eyes.
Dyes? Not like we didn't have different robes in the previous games so nothing new.

They really need to have holsters and sheaths, I can't get over it. Now the guns are magically floating on the character. -.-
but the screens are interesting
http://i.imgur.com/MR25X2r.png

I feel it too and it bugs me.

montagemik
03-03-2013, 03:36 AM

Personality wise for Edward - I'm expecting same traits as Haytham , Just as an Assassin not a Templar . Direct , Determined, Efficient , witty , But not totally heartless .
See no reason why he needs to be different.
I think this would echo nicely the opposing similarities between Haytham & Connor's values & methods , While also showing where Haytham got those traits from. ( if you get what i mean )

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 03:39 AM
Dyes? Not like we didn't have different robes in the previous games so nothing new.

http://i.imgur.com/MR25X2r.png

I feel it too and it bugs me.

HAHAHAHA that was a perfect picture.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 03:41 AM
Personality wise for Edward - I'm expecting same traits as Haytham , Just as an Assassin not a Templar . Direct , Determined, Efficient , witty , But not totally heartless .
See no reason why he needs to be different.
I think this would echo nicely the opposing similarities between Haytham & Connor's values & methods , While also showing where Haytham got those traits from. ( if you get what i mean )
Some traits definitely. But he could be the exact opposite, too. Hence, why Haytham turned Templar.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 03:43 AM
Some traits definitely. But he could be the exact opposite, too. Hence, why Haytham turned Templar.

Haytham turned Templar because of other reasons I'm told..

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 03:44 AM

that wouldn't be why Haytham turned templar, the book explains it. I don't want to say it just in case people may not want to hear what happens

TheHumanTowel
03-03-2013, 03:44 AM
Must resist getting excited. I've been hurt too many times before. But I keep coming back to Ubi like I'm Rihanna or something.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 03:45 AM
Wasn't it simply because Edward died before inducting, or even telling Haytham about the order, so after his death, Haytham ended up in the hands of the templars?

montagemik
03-03-2013, 03:46 AM
Is anyone else bothered by how much he looks like Altaïr from behind? Like, almost identical? It's like they didn't even try to go for an original design.

Almost 8 months before game is completed & released on any format ?? ..................No , I Can't say i'm bothered by any screenshot or images i see for this game .

(Psst , It isn't finished yet, but don't tell anyone .)

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 03:56 AM
I haven't read all the post in this thread, but i would say this:

I loved Connor too for what he was, he was different from your usual propaganda dude. I also liked Aveline, she and Connor stand for being unique among many usual characters in the media. But i will not cry for Connor for him not getting another game, and im saying this as being partly blood-indian native too. I think all Assassins in the franchise had being truly different from each other. Altair is Syrian, Ezio is Italian, Aveline is French- African, Connor is English and Native and Nikolai Orlov is Russian. I think Ubisoft had already shown they are very open minded in their characters backgrounds. Why not an English man too?? He is probalby another womanizer sterotyped cliché, but we can't really know until game is out. And anyway, if he is i feel in a way that it is a little discrimitatory for dudes a bit. Media and propaganda has build this archetype character men are forced to follow i think. The same happens with women, but anyway i think this posts regarding this topic are getting tiredsome.
I am not at all worried with Edward because i know that whatever personality he gets, im going to enjoy the game ;) . Like i enjoyed all the previous characters including Haytham who was so much fun!!!

montagemik
03-03-2013, 03:58 AM
Wasn't it simply because Edward died before inducting, or even telling Haytham about the order, so after his death, Haytham ended up in the hands of the templars?

I've never actually read Forsaken ........ But i'd take a pure guess Haytham came to detest the Assassin order after his fathers death - as that's ultimately Why his father died -
If Haytham idolised his father (as i heard ) that would make sense why he would have the same traits but selected a different path to achieving the same goals . especially after some cohersion from whoever introduced him to the Templars .

( Sorry if i'm way off the mark - I just try to understand things based only on what the game tells me mainly , i don't read the novels )

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 04:17 AM
I've never actually read Forsaken ........ But i'd take a pure guess Haytham came to detest the Assassin order after his fathers death - as that's ultimately Why his father died -
If Haytham idolised his father (as i heard ) that would make sense why he would have the same traits but selected a different path to achieving the same goals . especially after some cohersion from whoever introduced him to the Templars .

( Sorry if i'm way off the mark - I just try to understand things based only on what the game tells me mainly , i don't read the novels )

I read Forsaken, and Haytham was inducted into the Templar ways by Reginald Birch who tutored him since he was like10 years old. And Birch was responsible for Haytham's father death. Haytham never knew this until he was already a Grand Master of the Templars himself, so he knew the Templar philosophy very well and was all about it. He even mentions that his father would be proud of him for Haytham questioning the Assassin ideals, or at least his father ideals just the way Edward taught him to question everything.

MetalCreed
03-03-2013, 04:18 AM
-Witcher 3
-GTA V
-Assassin's Creed 4

all of these upcoming games have whales/sharks...

I see a trend.

Far Cry 3 had sharks too I believe.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 04:21 AM

Haytham never knew anything about the Assassins until his 20s and even then, he never knew his father was a member of that brotherhood...

Haytham was raised as a templar...he never made a jump from either faction...he even hated his Templar raising after he discovered that his father`s killer was Birch, but maintained his course of action, because he knew it was too late....he was too entangled and set on his ideologies...

Also a good point explained right above...Haytham thought that maybe Edward would be proud of him due to Edward always teaching Haytham to question everything...

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:26 AM
I read Forsaken, and Haytham was inducted into the Templar ways by Reginald Birch who tutored him since he was like10 years old. And Birch was responsible for Haytham's father death.
Does the book say how old Edward is when he gets killed?

Oh man, I don't know how I'm going to play this game knowing his future! I will be like okay... "What's the point now? :| I know what happens. And I know what happens to your son, too! Except your grandson of course. LOL (But I swear... if they give us a Connor cameo only to kill him off I'm burning all my AC disks. lol)

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 04:27 AM

Oh man, I don't know how I'm going to play this game knowing his future! I will be like okay... "What's the point now? :| I know what happens. And I know what happens to your son, too!" lol Except your grandson... (I swear if they give us a Connor cameo only to kill him off I'm burning all my AC disks. lol)
Well...We know all these guys are dead anyway....what`s the difference in knowing HOW they died ? xD

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:29 AM

Oh man, I don't know how I'm going to play this game knowing his future! I will be like okay... "What's the point now? :| I know what happens. And I know what happens to your son, too!" lol Except your grandson... (I swear if they give us a Connor cameo only to kill him off I'm burning all my AC disks. lol)

Honest question. Do you play every game one time only? I seriously don't see why knowing the death of a character to have happened is a big deal. All these games are in the past anyway. We knew Connor would die too, some time.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:29 AM
Well...We know all these guys are dead anyway....what`s the difference in knowing HOW they died ? xD
I just want happy endings. :( Or I don't want to know about bad endings at least. It loses its appeal.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:30 AM
Honest question. Do you play every game one time only? I seriously don't see why knowing the death of a character to have happened is a big deal. All these games are in the past anyway. We knew Connor would die too, some time.
Yes, I usually play a game one time only. Knowing how someone dies is the same like knowing the end of a book. I can't read it...

Kaschra
03-03-2013, 04:31 AM

Oh man, I don't know how I'm going to play this game knowing his future! I will be like okay... "What's the point now? :| I know what happens. And I know what happens to your son, too! Except your grandson of course. LOL (But I swear... if they give us a Connor cameo only to kill him off I'm burning all my AC disks. lol)

No, we don't know how old he was.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:31 AM
I just want happy endings. :( Or I don't want to know about bad endings at least. It loses its appeal.

Let me tell you something silvermercy.. Life is not a fairytale, and there are no happy endings!!!

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:34 AM
Let me tell you something silvermercy.. Life is not a fairytale, and there are no happy endings!!!
Sure there are happy endings! In most movies at least there are. lol That's why these are always popular.

Maybe I should change fandoms. AC is stressing me out. Maybe I should go to Mass Effect 3 fandom. Actually scrap that, too.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:35 AM
Sure there are happy endings! In most movies at least there are. lol That's why these are always popular.

Maybe I should change fandoms. AC is stressing me out. Maybe I should go to Mass Effect 3 fandom. Actually scrap that, too.

I don't like happy endings. They are for kids! *grumpy face*

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 04:36 AM

Uncharted.

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 04:37 AM

LOL. Well indeed the book says how he dies, is quite sad. But i dont know if what happens in the book is going to be canon with the story of games.

Boulder_Av
03-03-2013, 04:39 AM
I read Forsaken, and Haytham was inducted into the Templar ways by Reginald Birch who tutored him since he was like10 years old. And Birch was responsible for Haytham's father death. Haytham never knew this until he was already a Grand Master of the Templars himself, so he knew the Templar philosophy very well and was all about it. He even mentions that his father would be proud of him for Haytham questioning the Assassin ideals, or at least his father ideals just the way Edward taught him to question everything.

Hmm that is very interesting. I thought that Haytham was the most interesting character of AC3. I think that not only will Black Flag reveal info about Edward but I believe that Haytham will be explored more. I think that a big reveal about Haytham will happen in Black Flag that will make sense in light of AC3.

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 04:42 AM
Hmm that is very interesting. I thought that Haytham was the most interesting character of AC3. I think that not only will Black Flag reveal info about Edward but I believe that Haytham will be explored more. I think that a big reveal about Haytham will happen in Black Flag that will make sense in light of AC3.

Oh, i really hope for that :D. I really hated my papa Haytham in AC3 and that made me love him as one of the best villian characters in the media :D

FrankieSatt
03-03-2013, 04:46 AM
More screenies

Yeah, I hated tree running in ACIII and it looks like my fears are confirmed..... the majority of it is ships and naval combat. This isn't AC anymore, not even close.

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 04:47 AM
Uncharted.
Loved that one! Hmm... Sounds safe enough... I think.

(oh I hope Ubi makes that change about game canon...)

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 04:47 AM
I dunno people, I have a feeling Edward may turn out to be a very interesting character yet. Reading about him telling Haytham to question his ideals, the rogue-ins feeling I get from the trailer may mean he wasn't a pure by-the-book Assassin. There's hope for him yet. Just because we see hi with two women for 2 seconds doesn't necessarily mean he's a womanizer, and even if he indeed is, doesn't necessarily make him an Ezio clone.

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 04:49 AM
Yeah, I hated tree running in ACIII and it looks like my fears are confirmed..... the majority of it is ships and naval combat. This isn't AC anymore, not even close.

Is Assassins of the Caribbean a new Jerry Bruckheimer production combined with Tarsan and James Bond :3

Boulder_Av
03-03-2013, 04:53 AM
Oh, i really hope for that :D. I really hated my papa Haytham in AC3 and that made me love him as one of the best villian characters in the media :D

I think the AC team will pull out a big surprise at the end of Black Flag and that is Haytham was a double agent for the Assassins but got corrupted. Also it will be revealed somehow that Haytham was killed too early and did not have a chance to repent.

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 05:04 AM
I think the AC team will pull out a big surprise at the end of Black Flag and that is Haytham was a double agent for the Assassins but got corrupted. Also it will be revealed somehow that Haytham was killed too early and did not have a chance to repent.

I don't know about that, Haytham was very faithful to the Templars, specially for being Grand Master himself. In Forsaken it looked to me that he was resentful of the Templars but as Assassin_ M said he already felt it was to late for him. He felt to me like he had this void within himself that wished to be an Assassin, that is partly explained in this envy emotion he had for Connor, he looked at his son as the man he sould have been and instead ended up as a Templar. He didn't change sides because of what he told Connor when they met in NY. He looked at the world as something cruel and he seemed to hate humanity, that is why he didn't pretend to "feign affection" or that's what i think.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 05:14 AM
What we have strongly contradicts what you hope for. there`s not an ounce of evidence to suggest this..

rileypoole1234
03-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Holy crap those screens are awesome.

TheBearJew32
03-03-2013, 05:17 AM
i really like the original Altair type hood, especially that 4th picture of him commandeering that ship, reminds me a lot of Altair. I rike it a rot

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Don't worry because all the pictures show naval and explosions. Most of the time the magazine shots go for those glamor shots. I'm sure there will be lots of city walking and what not and just old school feel too.

I see he dyed his armor in one shot or at least it looks like it. I personally love the outfit. I always love the outfit the most every new game though. But I do love the clean awesome look of this one. I think it's just all the bright Venice feeling stuff.