PDA

View Full Version : One thing I woud really like to see come back in AC4

srgntMagma
03-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Hey Guys, one thing I would really like to see come back in AC4 is armor. I loved the armor mechanic in previous games and was a little disappointed when they didn't include it in AC3 ( I know that it wouldn't be logical to put armor during the Revolutionary War but I still was a little disappointed). Since AC4 is going to be set a bit back in time than AC3, (1715 maybe?) I think they should bring back armor. They should also have the tombs like AC2 had them and also have a master armor like the Armor of Altair.

Thanks.

itsamea-mario
03-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Given that the boxart and possible screenshot both show him wearing armour, it seems armour will be back. whether it's upgradeable or not though...

And the setting opens itself up quite well for tombs.

srgntMagma
03-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Itsmea-mario, I agree with you.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-03-2013, 03:07 PM
I liked that they did not added Armor to AC3.There's armor so probably it will be back,but if they do I hope its leather,not steel :I.

Bashilir
03-03-2013, 03:11 PM
My opinion is quite the opposite of the OP. The main thing I hated in the other games is that the game MADE you equip armor. Anyone remember the ugly leather spaulders from AC:B? My god.. I've always thought it's silly that an Assassin, who's supposed to be agile and light on his toes and everything, has 50 pounds of armor on him and STILL runs like nothing is weighing him down*cough*Ezio*cough*.

InfectedNation
03-03-2013, 03:20 PM
No, the worst was being forced to equip the ugly grey spaulders in Revelations. I used to rush through the first half of the game just so I could do that glitch to reset the armour to brown leather default.

Perk89
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
No, the WORST was being forced to equip those hideous Roman Spaulders on Ezio's beautiful Brotherhood robes.

While armor was fun, it really doesn't make a lot of sense in a modern setting. Those leather greaves ain't stopping gunfire.

BoeserBengel83
03-03-2013, 03:36 PM
No, the WORST was being forces to equip those hideous Roman Spaulders on Ezio's beautiful Brotherhood robes.

While armor was fun, it really doesn't make a lot of sense in a modern setting. Those leather greaves ain't stopping gunfire.

The armor would still protect you from swords, daggers, axes etc.

I would prefer a mix from both eras (AC2 and AC3).

The game should still use the reg. health from AC 3 and allows us to upgrade the health via armor. It would be like the Aquila (upgrades) with reg. health, that would be great.

If they change it, don't go back to the AC 2 style with medicine.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 05:08 PM
No, the WORST was being forced to equip those hideous Roman Spaulders on Ezio's beautiful Brotherhood robes.

Now now, we all know that we will and always have spent most of our time in melee situations.

ToniTorsi
03-03-2013, 05:17 PM
My opinion is quite the opposite of the OP. The main thing I hated in the other games is that the game MADE you equip armor. Anyone remember the ugly leather spaulders from AC:B? My god.. I've always thought it's silly that an Assassin, who's supposed to be agile and light on his toes and everything, has 50 pounds of armor on him and STILL runs like nothing is weighing him down*cough*Ezio*cough*.

They should make it optional.

Which is something they failed to prioritize in Brotherhood.

Regardless, I would love armor to make a comeback. I really liked upgrading it.

To add to the lst, they should give us the option to wear different parts of different armor for our customized looks.

For example how in Skyrim you can wear and combine any parts of Heavy Armor and Light Armor together.

SixKeys
03-03-2013, 06:11 PM
To add to the lst, they should give us the option to wear different parts of different armor for our customized looks.

For example how in Skyrim you can wear and combine any parts of Heavy Armor and Light Armor together.

This is already possible in ACB at least. Not sure about the other ones.

maxerx180
03-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Desmond, that's all I want.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-03-2013, 06:17 PM
On second thought..No armor please,Assassins are supposed to be quick and agile,not brutes wearing heavy armor and still running faster than Usain Bolt.Dyes and different clothing are better.

RzaRecta357
03-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Desmond, that's all I want.

We'll get Eve's descendant. Liberation kind of confirms it. Since this is a numbered game i'd assume we'll get them in this for sure.

Also, I'd LOVE to see armor come back. If it makes sense that is!