PDA

View Full Version : News about a new Connor game will be revealed on Monday!

FirestarLuva
03-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Not official actually, but when fans asked Ubi why they're not continuing with Connor/ more Connor games this is how they replied:

http://i50.tinypic.com/29591lt.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/9td0fb.png

http://i49.tinypic.com/264hkwj.jpg

Expectation: There will be a new Connor game coming out in 2014.
Reality : Connor's story will be continued as a Vita game. :nonchalance:

Honestly, after all the nagging/pleas/posts I think Ubi are well aware that a Vita sequel is not what the fans want. If there's a new Vita game, Ubi, please make it an Aveline game instead. I'd rather not have a Connor game at all if that's where they're heading.
If BF is coming out this year, then maybe we'll see a Connor sequel in 2014? There might be some revelation at the ending, maybe it's Connor experiencing Edward's story through a memory seal? And we get the last 10 minutes of the game playable as Connor and move onto a full game with him in 2014? In a TOKW dialogue with Faulkner, Connor reveales he knows about Edward and says will leave that story for another time.
And Ubi never told us why TOKW was delayed.
And what are Hutchinson, Corey and Matt doing since they're not working on BF? All said they want to continue Connors story, fan reaction or not.
*hint hint nudge*

TheHumanTowel
03-01-2013, 11:08 PM
That title is a big assumption to make based on those screenshots.

UrDeviant1
03-01-2013, 11:10 PM
:O Would be cool if Connor tied into AC:BF in some way.

RzaRecta357
03-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Conner won't tie into black flags give me a break guys. In the office after 3 they were probably like... Well..people like haytham more. What can we do? Then they thought up black flags since everything is in place they just need to make some new graphics.

We're playing his grandfather across the ocean guys, c'mon now. I don't see why every assassin needs to spend his whole life doing it. Conner did what he needed to do.

I'm more interested in the modern timeline. Are they gonna cheese us off and have us stuck in the cloud or will Eves descendant show up like Liberation says they will to stop the slavery of the human race.

Speaking of Avelines. Her mentor Agate... Was mentored by the Carribean mentor. So maybe we'll see them as grandpa Conner.

silvermercy
03-01-2013, 11:17 PM
I posted these screen-shots earlier on another thread and I think Mr Shade's reply was something like "a reveal on Monday just means a reveal on Monday". Not getting my hopes up just yet... :(

VitaminsXYZ
03-01-2013, 11:21 PM
As much as I'd like for this to be true...we're just making assumptions at this point.
They've been using that same generic reply for just about every question related to the new AC game.

We'll see what happens Monday.

Conner won't tie into black flags give me a break guys. In the office after 3 they were probably like... Well..people like haytham more. What can we do? Then they thought up black flags since everything is in place they just need to make some new graphics.

Pretty sure AC4 has been in development before AC3 was released...

UrDeviant1
03-01-2013, 11:23 PM
True, this could also just mean "wait untill Moday where we give no mention of Connor at all and thus you have NO reason to expect to see him again". So yeah, we'll see!

RzaRecta357
03-01-2013, 11:23 PM
I keep seeing this posted by people but haven't seen a link supporting it. That would mean while working on ACR they were secretly lying and working on AC3. But while they we doing that they were secretly working on another game?

That's a bit much. Sounds more like hey guys we have the engine in place. Let's reskin it. Find a reason for boats again since it was so well received and maye add a little something extra.

the same way they did brotherhood and ACR.

I may be wrong about this but I haven't seen anything saying otherwise and it seems much more likely.

Will_Lucky
03-01-2013, 11:26 PM
YES!!!! The Vita game I've been dreaming of came true!!!

BATISTABUS
03-01-2013, 11:27 PM
I will be very very very upset if Connor's story is continued on the Vita.

UrDeviant1
03-01-2013, 11:28 PM
I keep seeing this posted by people but haven't seen a link supporting it. That would mean while working on ACR they were secretly lying and working on AC3. But while they we doing that they were secretly working on another game?

That's a bit much. Sounds more like hey guys we have the engine in place. Let's reskin it. Find a reason for boats again since it was so well received and maye add a little something extra.

the same way they did brotherhood and ACR.

I may be wrong about this but I haven't seen anything saying otherwise and it seems much more likely.

Wasn't there different teams working on those games? Or do you mean one team finished and released a game, waited for fan feedback, and then a different team started working on the next??

Josegtx13
03-01-2013, 11:28 PM
If they are going to announce something about Connor on Monday, I hope it will be a console/PC sequel, and not a PS Vita sequel.

Otherwise like AC3: Liberation, I won't be able to play his sequel because I don't want to buy a PS Vita. : /

silvermercy
03-01-2013, 11:29 PM
I don't want a Vita either. But beggars can't be choosers...

RzaRecta357
03-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Wasn't there different teams working on those games? Or do you mean one team finished and released a game, waited for fan feedback, and then a different team started working on the next??

Wasn't the writer and lead designer the same between ACR and AC3? That would mean that dude knew there were two newer better AC games coming out while he was promoting ACR. Just seems like a bit much to me.

UrDeviant1
03-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Wasn't the writer and lead designer the same between ACR and AC3? That would mean that dude knew there were two newer better AC games coming out while he was promoting ACR. Just seems like a bit much to me.

No they were different. Which might explain why the story is convoluted ;) But it does make sense that ACR's team would know of AC3's development.

dxsxhxcx
03-01-2013, 11:35 PM
:O Would be cool if Connor tied into AC:BF in some way.

IMO he already lost enough room for Haytham in AC3, it's about time for him to have a game where he's the only protagonist (assuming he'll return of course), IMO ACR and 3 are here to prove that 2 ancestors in the same game don't work...

RzaRecta357
03-01-2013, 11:38 PM
IMO he already lost enough room for Haytham in AC3, it's about time for him to have a game where he's the only protagonist, IMO ACR and 3 are here to prove that 2 ancestors in the same game don't work...

Some of us thought ACR was great. Having read the book on Altairs life years ago it was neat to see in game even though of course the book did it better.

AC3 worked pretty good but lots of people just wer expecting Conner so it was like... What's with this? Let's get this over with and get the main game going. Except by the time you do and the tutorials stop the game is almost done haha.

Then people started on the Haytham is cooler than Conner thing which probably led to our new guy.

Will_Lucky
03-01-2013, 11:41 PM
If they are going to announce something about Connor on Monday, I hope it will be a console/PC sequel, and not a PS Vita sequel.

Otherwise like AC3: Liberation, I won't be able to play his sequel because I don't want to buy a PS Vita. : /

I've been praying for this moment since playing Liberation. I pray it is a Vita exclusive.

BATISTABUS
03-01-2013, 11:49 PM
I've been praying for this moment since playing Liberation. I pray it is a Vita exclusive.
Why? So less people will be able to play it?

dAnNyKiLlZ
03-01-2013, 11:58 PM
lol, wait until Mpnday to hear that they prob won't be continuing with Connor.

Megas_Doux
03-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Connor receiving Altairīs treatment? Well...

silvermercy
03-01-2013, 11:59 PM
It makes me wonder now... Where will they take the direction after Black Flag? With the subtitle, it sounds like a trilogy at the moment...

Will_Lucky
03-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Why? So less people will be able to play it?

No, because more people will buy the Vita and more Vita sales means more developers start making games which means more games which means successful platform.

I hope to dear god the Connor exclusive sequel comes to Vita because it generates more console sales.

FirestarLuva
03-02-2013, 12:29 AM
No, because more people will buy the Vita and more Vita sales means more developers start making games which means more games which means successful platform.

I hope to dear god the Connor exclusive sequel comes to Vita because it generates more console sales.

This or is it you just don't care about Connor and it would appease you to see him in a crappy vita game? :P
Be honest now. :o

Will_Lucky
03-02-2013, 12:39 AM
This or is it you just don't care about Connor and it would appease you to see him in a crappy vita game? :P
Be honest now. :o

No I'm being genuinely selfish here, a Connor sequel on the Vita as an exclusive raises chances of selling the Console.

BATISTABUS
03-02-2013, 12:54 AM
No I'm being genuinely selfish here, a Connor sequel on the Vita as an exclusive raises chances of selling the Console.
Liberation didn't even sell one million units. AC3 just on the PS3 sold more units than the Vita itself. Liberation got mixed reviews, but most of the downfalls came from it being a Vita game with Vita features. I don't think it'll help out the console as much as you'd like. =/

ReverseDoddo
03-02-2013, 01:02 AM
haha no conner game trailer is coming new assassin.. http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/announce/

Legendz54
03-02-2013, 01:12 AM
anyone have a link to the live streams?

Saqaliba
03-02-2013, 01:50 AM
What if Connor is apart of Black Flag. Here is how they could do it. Someone from Abstergo hacks the Genetic Memories from the deceased Desmond's DNA and uses it in conjunction with the Animus in order to relive the memories of Connor in the events that continue after AC3. During this, we discover that Connor finds more TOKB artifacts that allow Connor to view his own genetic memories, much how Ezio viewed Altairs. It would be an artifact like the seal. A kinda precusor of the Animus that alows Connor to live his life as his own Grand-Father Edward Kenway.

This particular artifact will eventually fall into the hands of the Templars who study it during the 19th century and eventually use it to model the Animus technology!

This way, our Animus subject is no longer a modern one. The 'modern' day sequences will be replaced by Connor. Black Flags will focus on Edward, but the intersecting scenes will involve and summarize the end story of Connor! It will give him us some closure and allow us to play both as Connor and Edward!

I predict that the Pirate setting will be all about 'buried treasure'... i.e. TOKB artifacts and more Temples!

Gi1t
03-02-2013, 02:01 AM
True, this could also just mean "wait untill Moday where we give no mention of Connor at all and thus you have NO reason to expect to see him again". So yeah, we'll see!

Yeah. believe me, they've done that before with Prince of Persia MULTIPLE times. I have no doubt that even if they have no plans to use Connor again, they'll keep stringing along anyone that asks about him with statements like that.

Saqaliba
03-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Yeah, the whole 'Seal' memory thing for Connor makes perfects sense now that I think of it. Especially since post-18th century, the technological revolution is right around the corner!

Remember in AC3 where Desmond is exploring the Grand Temple and he finds that precusor animus chair type thing. . . well maybe Connor finds one of those that he can interact with that works basically exactly like the animus! The modern day discovery of the Animus!

Will_Lucky
03-02-2013, 02:31 AM
What if Connor is apart of Black Flag. Here is how they could do it. Someone from Abstergo hacks the Genetic Memories from the deceased Desmond's DNA and uses it in conjunction with the Animus in order to relive the memories of Connor in the events that continue after AC3. During this, we discover that Connor finds more TOKB artifacts that allow Connor to view his own genetic memories, much how Ezio viewed Altairs. It would be an artifact like the seal. A kinda precusor of the Animus that alows Connor to live his life as his own Grand-Father Edward Kenway.

What on earth would be the point? They could just view Edward Kenways memories directly, they don't need to use Connors potential experiences with a artifact. All they need are to experience the memories directly. Why waste resources doing what you've proposed.

RzaRecta357
03-02-2013, 02:40 AM
You guys need to think it out more. Altair recorded them for a reason... So we'd need Edward to do the same. Also, Juno was the one that pointed Conner towards his path. I seriously doubt he did much else besides maybe kill Templars that weren't that important.

if we get a vita game I hope it's an all new assassin again like Aveline was with their own story that starts and concludes in the game albeit better than liberation. The eve ending and them mentioning the human race being enslaved at least makes sense after AC3s story.

Saqaliba
03-02-2013, 02:58 AM
Good point. Maybe there is something else then that may bring Connor into the story?

Saqaliba
03-02-2013, 03:05 AM
Does Desmond have to be related to Edward? I guess he does if he is related to Connor. Maybe Haythem is not Edward's legitimate son. Maybe he adopted Haythem when he met his mother? Seems unlikely though.

Saqaliba
03-02-2013, 03:07 AM
Maybe Edward kills Haythem's legitimate Father and out of remorse marries Haythem's mother and raises Haythem as his own?

Vex_Assassin
03-02-2013, 03:14 AM
Misleading title is misleading.

montagemik
03-02-2013, 03:28 AM
You guys need to think it out more. Altair recorded them for a reason... So we'd need Edward to do the same. Also, Juno was the one that pointed Conner towards his path. I seriously doubt he did much else besides maybe kill Templars that weren't that important.

if we get a vita game I hope it's an all new assassin again like Aveline was with their own story that starts and concludes in the game albeit better than liberation. The eve ending and them mentioning the human race being enslaved at least makes sense after AC3s story.

OK - SPECULATION AHOY .................

We know from TOKW DLC that somehow Connor's memories or Reality has been changed - possibly through an Apple Connor finds & Washington somehow gets.

We know from TOKW DLC that connor's 'Spirit world' experiences & potions give him new abilities - But supposedly can damage people's minds.

So maybe ( just maybe ) It's possible that once Connor has All 3 new Spirit abilities & defeats Washington to retrieve the Apple of eden ,This imbalance of Connors mind leads to some bizarre 'Spirit Journey' within his own mind . This is how Connor could be thrown into his own ancestors memories in AC 4 just like Desmond had to relive Ezios memories in AC Revelations to re-sync his own mind.

And i thought Juno told Connor he had made a difference in AC-3 & that he would make a difference Again.

just a wild speculation that could tie the games together .............Or connor accesses the Temple with the apple & gets slapped to another reality by Juno as the temple was intended for desmond to enter not connor.

Personally have Zero interest in the VITA.

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 04:24 AM
Some of us thought ACR was great. Having read the book on Altairs life years ago it was neat to see in game even though of course the book did it better.

AC3 worked pretty good but lots of people just wer expecting Conner so it was like... What's with this? Let's get this over with and get the main game going. Except by the time you do and the tutorials stop the game is almost done haha.

Then people started on the Haytham is cooler than Conner thing which probably led to our new guy.

Yeah same here. I had no problems with dual characters in ACR or AC3.

Will_Lucky
03-02-2013, 05:15 AM
Liberation didn't even sell one million units. AC3 just on the PS3 sold more units than the Vita itself. Liberation got mixed reviews, but most of the downfalls came from it being a Vita game with Vita features. I don't think it'll help out the console as much as you'd like. =/

Still the #2 seller to this day, and Ubisoft was happy with those sales and it will continue to bring in sales as time goes on.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-02-2013, 06:53 AM
PS vita?No thanks.I'd better buy a PS4 than a handheld console.Still I want Connor on the main platforms(console,PC,etc) and not on the PSvita,that would be a total spinoff.

BATISTABUS
03-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Still the #2 seller to this day
it will continue to bring in sales as time goes on.
That's not saying much.

Yes, but nothing significant.

ZeldaEmblem
03-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Pray it's not a Vita. That would completely be an insult for Connor! He deserves a whole full game not some crappy Vita spinoffs :mad:

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Pray it's not a Vita. That would completely be an insult for Connor! He deserves a whole full game not some crappy Vita spinoffs :mad:

This.

Layytez
03-02-2013, 12:59 PM
I hope the PS3 and PS4 are not vastly different but at the same time I want them to take advantage of the PS4. Kinda like the WII U.

Will_Lucky
03-02-2013, 06:33 PM

It was good enough for Altair.

lothario-da-be
03-02-2013, 06:37 PM
It was good enough for Altair.
NO

RzaRecta357
03-02-2013, 07:40 PM
I'd personally love another reason for a Vita AC game. Especially since Sony are still going to go hard with the vita and try to link it up to PS4 as much as possible.

I think Conners story is pretty much told though. Wouldn't mind if they used him but I'd rather an all new protagonist. Since we've all seen this trailer now, we know the console game will be about Edward. No reason to think other wise. Conners games are done.

I-Like-Pie45
03-02-2013, 07:42 PM
I'd personally love another reason for a Vita AC game. Especially since Sony are still going to go hard with the vita and try to link it up to PS4 as much as possible.

I think Conners story is pretty much told though. Wouldn't mind if they used him but I'd rather an all new protagonist. Since we've all seen this trailer now, we know the console game will be about Edward. No reason to think other wise. Conners games are done.
Guess Juno was lying when she said he made a difference and would do so again. :)

RzaRecta357
03-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Guess Juno was lying when she said he made a difference and would do so again. :)

Maybe I'm forgetting but when did she say that? I know she basically talked to him to get him to hide whatever for Desmond when he's young and touches the crystal ball. I'm forgetting if she talked to him after that though.

DisbandedBox359
03-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Maybe I'm forgetting but when did she say that? I know she basically talked to him to get him to hide whatever for Desmond when he's young and touches the crystal ball. I'm forgetting if she talked to him after that though.

after he kills lee he goes back to the village and into another nexus with juno who tells him that and also to hide the amulet

RzaRecta357
03-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks. It's the only AC game I've only beaten once. Gonna do it now that it's all patched up again and I'm totally jacked for 4.

My problem is I have video game OCD and have to uncovered the entire map. Ugh. I think i'll play it once and just burn through the story instead.