PDA

View Full Version : Ratonhnhaké:ton's knowledge of Haytham

blakdeth913
03-01-2013, 04:33 PM
When Ratonhnhaké:ton and Achilles are in Boston just prior to the Boston Massacre in 1770, Ratonhnhaké:ton is clearly aware that his father, Haytham, is English and that he is alive and living in the colonies. Does he have any other knowledge of Haytham beyond this? I am assuming that Kaniehtí:io imparted this information at some point in the past, yet I must have missed the scene where this happens. Ratonhnhaké:ton's relatively nonchalant attitude to seeing his father for the first time in Boston suggest to me that he knows more than we, the players, have been lead to believe. Is this true, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

DiamondThief
03-02-2013, 07:40 PM
I think your reading far too much into things. Its most probably just laziness on Ubi's part. I think players are just expected to fill in the blanks themselves.

Anduril79
03-03-2013, 12:39 AM
There is a conversation with Duncan Little, where he mentions that he saw Haytham at the opera house, and Connor replies with "That must've been before his betrayal was made public." Who did he betray and why? I have played the game at least a dozen times and I haven't seen anything to answer this, and was Duncan's uncle a fellow Templar or an Assassin. I'd like to know where he got the hidden blades with the Assassin emblem on them as well.

cstrike105
03-03-2013, 11:07 AM
There is a conversation with Duncan Little, where he mentions that he saw Haytham at the opera house, and Connor replies with "That must've been before his betrayal was made public." Who did he betray and why? I have played the game at least a dozen times and I haven't seen anything to answer this, and was Duncan's uncle a fellow Templar or an Assassin. I'd like to know where he got the hidden blades with the Assassin emblem on them as well.

Go read the AC: Forsaken book. It tells the whole story of Haytham, from his beginnings with his Assassin father Edward (whom we will get to play as in AC4), to his joining to the Templars and mentorship under Reginald Birch, his quest to save his sister Jenny from the hands of slavers, his acquisition of the hidden blade, and his journey into the Americas. I don't want to spoil it for you, but read the book. Everything about Haytham Kenway is there.