PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Suggestions

MiniMiniMoo
02-27-2013, 02:38 AM
I've been playing Horse Haven for a while now, and I find it to be enjoyable in general.
However, there are some aspects of gameplay that are very frustrating.
One, it is ridiculously difficult to get building supplies besides wooden planks. Aside from begging in your newsfeed, creeping on your friends' newsfeeds, or sending items to friends and hoping they send items back, there's no way to acquire them. It would be nice if you could earn different building supplies like bricks or window panes by completing collections, just like you can with planks. Alternatively, having them available for purchase in the store would also be nice.
Two, hiring stable hands is required way too often. Or, maybe it's not too often, but because of game errors and glitches I've been unable to actually hire any of my friends to fill the jobs (I always get an error message that says something along the lines of, "this friend is already working for you and can't be hired twice", which is never true and also silly because people can totally work two jobs). Because of this, I'm forced to buy them with coins. This wouldn't really be a problem, except for the fact that coins can only be earned by paying real money, leveling up, or completing sketchy product placement things. So I am often frustrated when a building or quest requires that I pay 20 coins (that I don't have) or ask my friends to help out (which doesn't work because there are so many glitches and errors). Maybe have the hired hands cost less? Maybe only 5 coins? Or you could charge a higher amount of in-game dollars (like $20,000 or $30,000 or higher).
That's it for now, although I do have lots of problems with errors and glitches that I've filed a report for, so I'll end this post.
I do understand that this is just an online game, and that it's constantly evolving and developing and so things like this are inevitable. It would just be nice to see gameplay become a little easier for those of us who don't have the ability to shell out real money for online games.
Cheers!