PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 MAT manager help!!!

actionhank1786
05-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Ok, i dont know if this is a re-post of anything from before, but i cant find any helpful links with the damn search on here. So here's what i'm asking. I downloaded the Il-2 MAT manager program, installed it correctly, and i try and launch it, and it does the whole saving the TGA. files or whatever it does when you click launch, and then FB launches...and i have nothing...
Sorry this is about as descriptive as a cook book written by a 5 year old...
thanks for the help
~Aaron

actionhank1786
05-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Ok, i dont know if this is a re-post of anything from before, but i cant find any helpful links with the damn search on here. So here's what i'm asking. I downloaded the Il-2 MAT manager program, installed it correctly, and i try and launch it, and it does the whole saving the TGA. files or whatever it does when you click launch, and then FB launches...and i have nothing...
Sorry this is about as descriptive as a cook book written by a 5 year old...
thanks for the help
~Aaron

JG52_Helgstrand
05-24-2004, 10:42 PM
BUMP

I have same problem...

Oblt.Helgstrand
JG52 Recruiting Officer
JG52 The Butcherbirds (http://www.geocities.com/jg52thebutcherbirds/)

Blottogg
05-25-2004, 04:36 AM
Guys, I had the same problem. I don't know how recently you downloaded the Il-2 Mat and Il-2 Mat Manager programs, but go back to the site and get the latest version (Mat Manager v1.51). It's got a pretty comprehensive word document detailing installation procedures. In my case, my most likely goof was not manually replacing the il2hook.dll file (without it, the files will load, but not run when the game is launched, as far as I can tell.)

After uninstalling my previous goofed installations of Mat and Mat Manager, and following the 1.51 instructions, all is well. Occasionally the proper markings won't load on the first launch, but exiting and relaunching Il-2 usually fixes this. Remember also that you have to activate Mat (right click on the toolbar icon and check "activate") in order for the whole shebang to work. You'll have to do this every time you reboot, even if you configure Mat to load on startup. Good luck, the result is a much more immersive enviornment.

Blotto

"Speed is life." - Anon
"Sight is life. Speed is merely groovy." - "Junior"

pacettid
05-25-2004, 05:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by actionhank1786:
I downloaded the Il-2 MAT manager program, installed it correctly, and i try and launch it, and it does the whole saving the TGA. files or whatever it does when you click launch, and then FB launches...and i have nothing...
Sorry this is about as descriptive as a cook book written by a 5 year old...thanks for the help
~Aaron<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As Blottog stated, I recommend you read all documentation available from Aces on how to use the two programs.

When you load IL2 Mat Manager make sure you have it properly configured to point to both your Il2.exe and your Hyperlobby folders. This is done when you first launch Mat Manager, or by using the green Mat Manager button.

You must must ensure that IL2 Mat is running and is Active. Just launch IL2 MAT, go to the icon on the task bar, right click and ensure there is a check mark next to 'Active'. Now right click on IL2 MAT, select 'Configure' and ensure the word 'MAT' (without quotes) is typed into the window in the lower right corner orf the configure screen (the one marked 'Files to be copied').

Good luck and let us know if you need any more help http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

All the best, Don

actionhank1786
05-25-2004, 09:43 AM
hey thanks for the help. I must have missed the activate part. I'll be sure to try that when i get home. Thank you all for your replies, hopefully this is the last time i'll need to ask for help
Thanks again
~Aaron

actionhank1786
05-25-2004, 10:10 PM
ok guys, thanks for all your help. But i have a new problem...after finally getting it up and running...the desktop mouse cursor is now permanently in the game, when i click esc. it doesnt work (so i have to Ctrl. + Alt. + Del. to exit the game, and i have no sound...any ideas...? I'm running out of hair to pull
~Aaron http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/1072.gif

Blottogg
05-26-2004, 01:31 AM
Aaron, that one's got me stumped. I'll occasionally get some stutters in the menu music when I first go to the customize screen to check whether the insignias have loaded correctly. What you describe sounds like FB/AEP is running in a maximized window, instead of full screen, however.

The only advice I've got for you at this point is to clear out the stuff you don't need from running in the backround in the OS itself. I've had the same thing you describe happen to me if I've got too much running at once. Go to the Run window and type "msconfig" (without the quotes.) Click the startup tab to see a list of what Windows is loading when it boots (there will often be corresponding taskbar icons for these items.) Uncheck stuff you don't need (printer, graphics and disk burning utilities are a few I've got turned off) and see if this gets the sim to launch normally. If not, I'm going to turf you over to the Community Help forum where the real gurus are. The Mat forum might also be a better source of help.

http://www.acesartwork.co.uk/

Good luck, and sorry for the troubles. The utility really is enjoyable, if a little finnicky to get configured.

Blotto

"Speed is life." - Anon
"Sight is life. Speed is merely groovy." - "Junior"

actionhank1786
05-26-2004, 09:43 AM
thanks for the tips, i'll give it a try.
If nothing else, i'll uninstall FB, Aces and MAT, and then re-install them
Ohh boy...
Thanks again
~Aaron