PDA

View Full Version : Stop wasting your time with broken promises and enjoy the REAL Assassin's Creed 2

yly3
02-26-2013, 04:34 PM
I know I've spammed this a lot when the first videos of watch dogs came out but finally I have something that it will back my words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtBh4QzZKz4&feature=player_embedded#!

eerie and misterious music - checked
tension - checked
suspense - checked
REAL SOCIAL STEALTH (not just crowd) - checked
modern parkour - checked
no over-the-top gun fights - checked

Posting this for the real AC fans who have been ripped of ever since Brotherhood.
Love you all guys, peace !1!

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 04:35 PM
AC II is the worst in the series for me and my favorite is AC III, but I`ll definitely buy this......just sayin`

If this is the "real" AC II, I may actually pass..

So your little "real AC fans are AC2 fans" is moot, buddy...sorry

SuperLoboMau 25
02-26-2013, 04:39 PM
It seems pretty good, but I don't like compare with AC. It's another universe.

k4Anarky2011
02-26-2013, 04:39 PM
It seems a little underwhelming for next gen, though. But it's a good start, a game with potential. They still have a lot of time to add new things and/or polish it.

yly3
02-26-2013, 04:44 PM
shuddup M, only the OST of AC2 pisses on AC3 alone.

It's another universe why ?! Because of those times ?

It's exactly what AC used to be.

Looking that guy starring in his phone is like Altair easily eavesdropping like a monk

this game is a win

it's "underwhelmed" for PS4 because it has been in producing waaay before PS4 was announced (and don't give me the crap that they knew how ps4 would be like)

yly3
02-26-2013, 04:45 PM
god I love those electronic tid bits, it's amazing.
Reminds me of the days when Altair leap of faith-ed in a card and that zzzmmmm sound of sync was all that I was hearing

TheHumanTowel
02-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Are you joking? There only the most tentative links to AC's gameplay at best. Where's this REAL SOCIAL STEALTH you're talking about? I didn't see any. lol at you actually counting the electronic music.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 04:50 PM
What`s wrong ? You mad ? You wanna see my opinion again ?

AC 3 > 5000 kilos of dirt > AC 2

U MAD ???

SuperLoboMau 25
02-26-2013, 04:53 PM

Looking that guy starring in his phone is like Altair easily eavesdropping like a monk

this game is a win

it's "underwhelmed" for PS4 because it has been in producing waaay before PS4 was announced (and don't give me the crap that they knew how ps4 would be like)

In my opinion it's another universe because story and characters, it makes all difference for me. For example, I didn't like the first Gears of War because I thought the story weak, even with all excellent mechanic of cover and shoot.

RinoTheBouncer
02-26-2013, 04:54 PM
I love ACII so much, along with AC:R. Both of them are my most favorites (You can say Ezio's trilogy is the best for me)
I also can't wait to buy Watch Dogs because it will give us everything about the Modern Day Assassin's Creed that Assassin's Creed itself could not give.

yly3
02-26-2013, 05:08 PM
M shuddup because you get ofensive on any thing I'll throw, at least that was the case like 4 months ago, I don't check the forum anymore so I don't know if you have changed.
I'm ok that it is your opinion but get yourself a life and enjoy AC3 or whatever you like

ok now back on topic

It's sad to read the above replies, I guess the true AC-ers were wise enough to leave or hide under a rock (like myself).

Watch Dogs is basically the same thing, YES, different enough, but you still search targets, you still parkour and the social stealth is MILES better.
LOL, don't tell me you guys think social stealth is about shoving people and throwing smoke bombs and hide after corners AFTER somebody saw you lol lol lol
You get info about the people walking on streets, you can hack their credit cards
heck you can do ANYTHING it seems that affect the social environement around you

Remember when people were raving on this forums about how you were able in the E3 demo of AC1 to cut wood stands and delay your pursuers ?

Sorry, but I am on a posting spree since I haven't foruming in a long long time excuse me lol

love you
peace

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
It's sad to read the above replies, I guess the true AC-ers were wise enough to leave or hide under a rock (like myself)
So anyone who disagrees with you is not a true AC fan...

Please....why did you even come back ? xD

I`m sorry, but you`re not to dictate who is and who isn't a true AC fan.

So Just say your opinion without patronizing anyone "MY OPINIOZ IS BETTA THAN YO, AKAY ??"

We already have enough of those..

Erindesh
02-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Maybe Ubi can redeem themselves with Watch Dogs after the AC3 failure.

yly3
02-26-2013, 05:13 PM
the parkour in watch dogs is what Connor wanted or should have been.
The Social environement IS your tool

it's amazing

ACB & ACR = cash-cows used as an excuse to gather money to build AC3 while AC3 was only mediocre ... passionate people making games my a**
AC1 and AC2 = cultural masterpiece to be showcased in Louvre

It's amazing how watch dogs can be so different and so better and so new and I bet it didn't have so much time and people working on it as post-AC2 games had.

Patrice get your a** in the team and make this thing even more amazing

Patrice get in team a

yly3
02-26-2013, 05:15 PM
AC3 wasn't a failure..it was FINALLY a sequel in the franchise. I (just) liked it, played it once, and will play it in late 2013 after all the DLCs would have been released. I don't follow AC anymore so I don't care.
M, I love you bro and people could give a **** about my opinion, I don't care, it's just that you are sensible.

I'm here just to bring back hope to the oldskool crowd, I know you are there somewhere reading this

peace

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 05:15 PM
the parkour in watch dogs is what Connor wanted or should have been.
The Social environement IS your tool

it's amazing

ACB & ACR = cash-cows used as an excuse to gather money to build AC3 while AC3 was only mediocre ... passionate people making games my a**
AC1 and AC2 = cultural masterpiece to be showcased in Louvre

It's amazing how watch dogs can be so different and so better and so new and I bet it didn't have so much time and people working on it as post-AC2 games had.

Patrice get your a** in the team and make this thing even more amazing

Patrice get in team a
Because Patrice is making watchdogs...

LOL

catkiller97
02-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Let me tell u guys all ubi game shares same universe :)

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm here just to bring back hope to the oldskool crowd, I know you are there somewhere reading this
Yeah..I read it

Mr_Shade
02-26-2013, 05:20 PM

this game is a win

I understand you like the game.. however please refrain from insults...

Else I will have to add you to my Watch_List for Watch_Dogs...

//_Forum_Manager//4/ Watch_Dogs> Active**

TheHumanTowel
02-26-2013, 05:34 PM
AC3 wasn't a failure..it was FINALLY a sequel in the franchise. I (just) liked it, played it once, and will play it in late 2013 after all the DLCs would have been released. I don't follow AC anymore so I don't care.
M, I love you bro and people could give a **** about my opinion, I don't care, it's just that you are sensible.

peace
The oldskool crowd that as of yet consists of just you. I love how you're claiming to represent the supposed true AC fans but no one on the official forum agrees with you. Dat delusion. And lol hacking peoples' credit cards isn't social stealth. I don't think you know what social stealth means.

yly3
02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
I'll start ignoring M..not like ignoring him but I don't think I'll answer to his posts anymore.
peace

Shade..how can you ban a person who posts peace in every post lol

Shade do you know who makes the music for watch dogs ? It's awesome

Mr_Shade
02-26-2013, 05:42 PM
I'll start ignoring M..not like ignoring him but I don't think I'll answer to his posts anymore.
peace

Shade do you know who makes the music for watch dogs ? It's awesomeposting 'peace' does not let you also post abuse to people...

I am the forum manager for Watch_Dogs, so best not highlight yourself as potential trouble to me ;)

Details on the game will be released soon - when the Com Dev starts on the forums, so I suggest you wait till then. ;)

tbh - posting this subject - slating AC - in the AC forum = asking for //Tr0uble//*

yly3
02-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Dude, I said before, I respect every opinion, I don't try to force anyone to trust what I say.

Before Brotherhood..in fact even shortly after Brotherhood released, there was this debate between AC/AC2/ACB focus has changed from creating an unique ATMOSPHERE to _trying_ to be an action game. I NEVER perceived AC franchise as an stealth, but more like stealth-here-and-there flavoured. It was all about making a sneaky atmosphere with amazing landmarks and astonishing music. It was like a hipster's game. I'm not the kind of guy who's like "AC is maiiinstream so it sucks" but AC1 was greately underrated because it was misunderstood for what it is.
It was like a trance game don't know how to call it. it was just different. I think Patrice explained it in his 2012/2011 (?) rant the best, it was the purest.

AC2 made it more GTA-like but still providing a cultural sausage-fest, loved it while I didn't like it was easier to play. The pros waaaay outweighted the cons.

This is what Watch Dogs is. A return to a game which focuses on ....focus, on details. It's not about being just a good video game.
It's about being pulled into this world ..amazing

post ACB may be good video games, some people seem to like it but the fair -> poor ending (I said poor, not crappy) was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Mr_Shade
02-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Well I'm sure the team will be happy they have a fan in you :)

Just remember that others may disagree...

yly3
02-26-2013, 05:52 PM
I don't know man.. I stopped being a fan of things. Maybe more like "highly interested in" type of emotion.
AC2 was the last thing I was a fan of.
When the E3 trailer was released I was soo excited.

I have other priorities in life right now but hey .. you don't forget your loved things that easily.
This is why I post here..like..every 6 months lol.

peace

is Patrice for real on the WD board ? I don't know a thing about the game

yly3
02-26-2013, 05:54 PM
haha ! I just sneaked a bit in the AC4 topic and people seem the raged that Amacio guy is the Creative Director again lulz lulzzz

Like I said ...broken promises guys

peace

Mr_Shade
02-26-2013, 05:56 PM
just remember trolling to inflame people - is an offence..

just saying ...

eagleforlife1
02-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Got to admit though, AC2 was a million times better than AC3.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 06:11 PM
peace

Shade do you know who makes the music for watch dogs ? It's awesome
Yes Ignore me, please...

I`ll cry myself to sleep tonight...

Seriously, what you say COMPLETELY goes against your supposed "respect" of opinions...

kuled2012
02-26-2013, 06:11 PM
I wonder how tempting it must be for Shade and the other mods to just ban everyone like the OP.

freddie_1897
02-26-2013, 06:12 PM

this game is a win

do you mean to say it is the real assassins creed 3? because you seem to like AC2 and so do i and that makes me think you meant to say AC3 in the title. Personally i liked AC3, it wasn't bad, but it was disappointing, and while Watchdogs looks amazing i don't see why people are comparing the two, it seems like the only reason people are comparing them are because they're both made by Ubisoft.

Mr_Shade
02-26-2013, 06:28 PM
I wonder how tempting it must be for Shade and the other mods to just ban everyone like the OP.
lol I count to ten sometimes ;)

yly3
02-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Dude I was talking about the real sequel to AC1, not the one released (lol), like in his spiritual succsesor.
The sequel which is based on the principles of AC1, not the way they ditched the way AC2 did.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-26-2013, 07:52 PM
How can we ENJOY the real AC2 if its not out yet?
AC3>500 light years>AC2

eagleforlife1
02-26-2013, 08:00 PM
How can we ENJOY the real AC2 if its not out yet?
AC3>500 light years>AC2

Seriously? AC3 isn't fit to shine a light on AC2.

pacmanate
02-26-2013, 08:51 PM
What`s wrong ? You mad ? You wanna see my opinion again ?

AC 3 > 5000 kilos of dirt > AC 2

U MAD ???

Thats childish.

No one on these forums can respect someone elses opinion without trying to change it.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Seriously? AC3 isn't fit to shine a light on AC2.

To you..

To me and him, AC II sucked....

ReverseDoddo
02-26-2013, 09:44 PM
hahaahah ac 2 is not the worst ac 3 is worst okey it's only you on the forum how think so stupied out there the are they many how like ac 2 more than 3...

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:45 PM
hahaahah ac 2 is not the worst ac 3 is worst okey it's only you on the forum how think so stupied out there the are they many how like ac 2 more than 3...

I think I peed a little...

ReverseDoddo
02-26-2013, 09:55 PM
oh you are so funny

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:56 PM
oh you are so funny(edit)

(edit) is not censored..

It`s not an insult xD

Soulid_Snake
02-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Watch_Dogs does look sweet, I hope the combat is more hands on because it looks too automated. I'm not feeling the errie music sound in this particular video. Hopefully, it'll have a sweet soundtrack and minus the AC3 styled bugs.

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Watch_Dogs does look sweet, I hope the combat is more hands on because it looks too automated. I'm not feeling the errie music sound in this particular video. Hopefully, it'll have a sweet soundtrack and minus the AC3 styled bugs.

Yeah, this is kind of bugging me too, but from what we've seen, I don't think we can make that call yet. We've only seen Pierce take down two guys with his melee weapon (one in this four-minute demo and one at last year's E3) and both of them seemed to be the equivalent of an AC assassination rather than a real fight. I think the animations we've seen would be analogous to running assassinations (run up to an unaware target and press Square). He just doesn't have a hidden blade, so the kill is more brutal and prolonged since he's just using a stick.

dxsxhxcx
02-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Yeah, this is kind of bugging me too, but from what we've seen, I don't think we can make that call yet. We've only seen Pierce take down two guys with his melee weapon (one in this four-minute demo and one at last year's E3) and both of them seemed to be the equivalent of an AC assassination rather than a real fight. I think the animations we've seen would be analogous to running assassinations (run up to an unaware target and press Square). He just doesn't have a hidden blade, so the kill is more brutal and prolonged since he's just using a stick.

the one from E3 seemed to be a main target, the other from this new video seemed to be just a random event for me...

lightning667
02-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on what the synchronization looking bar in the upper left hand corner of the screen may be for ?

yly3
02-26-2013, 11:31 PM
Shade lol, these guys are gay-ing and insulting eachother and I am in the target for a potential ban for saying shuddup

naaais

joke, you are cool guy

That music is more eerie and cool than the last 3 AC games all togheter
When was the last time an AC demo excited you ? Even the Boston demo didn't make everybody go OMMGGGzzHaxoorrzz when it came out

stop lying yourself guys and accept the truth..speaking of the truth..it's funny when you think about how mindblowing The Truth video and AC2 ending were at their time and how AC3 managed to "conclude" it bwhaha

I agree WD seems to have like Splinter Cell Conviction controls, but boy it looks gorgeous.
AC3 animations always felt choppy to me.

yly3
02-26-2013, 11:33 PM
And Hatchinson is a wannabe. Patrice felt so natural, you could tell he's more of an indie-rock guy.
I like Hatchinson as a person, but as a Creative Director he under-delivered.

Bashilir
02-27-2013, 12:04 AM
Shade lol, these guys are gay-ing and insulting eachother and I am in the target for a potential ban for saying shuddup

naaais

joke, you are cool guy

When was the last time an AC demo excited you ? Even the Boston demo didn't make everybody go OMMGGGzzHaxoorrzz when it came out

stop lying yourself guys and accept the truth..speaking of the truth..it's funny when you think about how mindblowing The Truth video and AC2 ending were at their time and how AC3 managed to "conclude" it bwhaha

I agree WD seems to have like Splinter Cell Conviction controls, but boy it looks gorgeous.

Thanks for my laugh of the day. "accept the truth" HA. That's your.. OPINION which, can't be proven. Stop making yourself look like an idiot.

Krayus Korianis
02-27-2013, 01:12 AM
I'd rather play AC.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 01:47 AM

The only truth I`m accepting is that you`re 5, closed in a shell, with someone at your side going "what you say is the truth..AC II is awesome...everybody is wrong..only you`re right"

Seriously.....you`re annoying

Mr_Shade
02-27-2013, 02:12 AM
(edit) is not censored..

It`s not an insult xD
Used in that way, it is considered an insult...

using it to describe some negative = offensive to gay people, so lets not use it please.

reminder to all, drop the personal insults and debate the topic.. Or... Thread gets locked..

thecodeman715
02-27-2013, 02:22 AM
AC II is the worst in the series for me and my favorite is AC III, but I`ll definitely buy this......just sayin`

If this is the "real" AC II, I may actually pass..

So your little "real AC fans are AC2 fans" is moot, buddy...sorry

I'm totally confused, Is AC2 the worst for you because of the mechanics of the game or story? I, personaly, only judge a game on story and missions, with a LITTLE focus of mechanics/graphics/controls etc. Since I only judge on Story, AC2 is the best by far, and AC:R was just Ubi wasting time and delaying AC3, which, based on story, wasn't much of an improvement

JumpInTheFire13
02-27-2013, 02:56 AM
Let me tell u guys all ubi game shares same universe :)
Please explain how Desmond, Sam Fisher, Jason Brody, and the Prince are related?

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 03:21 AM
I'm totally confused, Is AC2 the worst for you because of the mechanics of the game or story? I, personaly, only judge a game on story and missions, with a LITTLE focus of mechanics/graphics/controls etc. Since I only judge on Story, AC2 is the best by far, and AC:R was just Ubi wasting time and delaying AC3, which, based on story, wasn't much of an improvement
What I`m about to say only represents my opinion, so a post correcting ANYTHING about my opinion will be considered moronic. You do not need to understand it and you may find it ridiculous, but that`s the same way I think about you saying AC II is the best...

The story of AC II was boring, stagnant and uninspired. Revenge tale, fine. surrounded by a boring cast who`s only stars are Machiavelli, Mario and Leonardo. Ezio does not grow at all except in the last 10 minutes or so. by the beginning of the game he`s a playboy, arrogant rich teen, by the middle of the game he`s a playboy, arrogant, rich teen Assassin on a rampage. Ezio`s character was overdone, his actions were not well written and his story just dragged on....that`s JUST AC II. he was basically a glorified errand boy. I never felt like Ezio learned new things in strategy or anything. people always got things for him. target locations, body guards and information. he never did anything, which in turn made me feel like crap.

Combat was slowed down, same animations, same faces, awful graphics, repetitiveness and complete lack of freedom are what describe AC II`s gameplay. Economic system was NOTHING special. it always felt unmoving. doing nothing but pushing a button and hoorah i`m a millionaire. Wow....talk about lack of creativity..

To summarize, A boring Cast, dull Protagonist and dumbed down mechanics are the highlights of AC II. leaving only a neat soundtrack and big shiny buildings to drool over..

BoeserBengel83
02-27-2013, 04:06 AM
What I`m about to say only represents my opinion, so a post correcting ANYTHING about my opinion will be considered moronic. You do not need to understand it and you may find it ridiculous, but that`s the same way I think about you saying AC II is the best...

The story of AC II was boring, stagnant and uninspired. Revenge tale, fine. surrounded by a boring cast who`s only stars are Machiavelli, Mario and Leonardo. Ezio does not grow at all except in the last 10 minutes or so. by the beginning of the game he`s a playboy, arrogant rich teen, by the middle of the game he`s a playboy, arrogant, rich teen Assassin on a rampage. Ezio`s character was overdone, his actions were not well written and his story just dragged on....that`s JUST AC II. he was basically a glorified errand boy. I never felt like Ezio learned new things in strategy or anything. people always got things for him. target locations, body guards and information. he never did anything, which in turn made me feel like crap.

Combat was slowed down, same animations, same faces, awful graphics, repetitiveness and complete lack of freedom are what describe AC II`s gameplay. Economic system was NOTHING special. it always felt unmoving. doing nothing but pushing a button and hoorah i`m a millionaire. Wow....talk about lack of creativity..

To summarize, A boring Cast, dull Protagonist and dumbed down mechanics are the highlights of AC II. leaving only a neat soundtrack and big shiny buildings to drool over..

Ezio became interesting in the AC 2 DLC and Brotherhood, he can be glad that Niccolò Machiavelli didn't had so much "mic time".....

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 04:06 AM
Ezio became interesting in the AC 2 DLC and Brotherhood, he can be glad that Niccolò Machiavelli didn't had so much "mic time".....
That`s how it was for me..

loved the DLC because they actually had Machiavelli too...

I-Like-Pie45
02-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Machiavelli's role in AC2 before DLC is what Benjamin Franklin is to me in AC3.

Hoping The Betrayal rectifies that!

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 06:53 AM
The topic heading makes me want to facepalm so hard..

Gi1t
02-27-2013, 07:05 AM
Even if the game turns out to be a lot like what people were hoping to see from a modern day AC, it's still not going to be able to replace AC any more than AC can replace Prince of Persia. A game has its own identity. No matter how similar they may seem to be in some aspects, one concept just isn't capable of overwriting another; it'll never really be the same thing.

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 07:22 AM

naaais

joke, you are cool guy

You need to get this in your head that not everyone thinks, believes, enjoys and hates what you do. Seriously. Just because you seem to like it doesn't make it the truth. I think AC3's music is far better than this. Problem? Should I tell you to stop lying and "accept the truth" ? jeez.

And regarding AC and Watch Dogs. I'll tell you why I like AC. Because the ability to explore the past. I love that, that's what attracted me to AC in the first place and thats what keeps attracting me. Watch Dogs has none. Cool as this game maybe, it can never usurp AC in my book.

When was the last time an AC demo excited me? AC3 demo, ACR demo. U mad? Stop lying and accept the truth. Sorry if I sound harsh but you do come across as a kid in this post.

roostersrule2
02-27-2013, 07:29 AM

To summarize, A boring Cast, dull Protagonist and dumbed down mechanics are the highlights of AC II. leaving only a neat soundtrack and big shiny buildings to drool over..You wont admit it but you only hate AC2 because you like to be in minorities.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 07:36 AM
You wont admit it but you only hate AC2 because you like to be in minorities.
You misspelled "because you have sense"

roostersrule2
02-27-2013, 07:40 AM
You misspelled "because you have sense"To the majority AC2 is the best AC game there is, to be different you continually hate on the only AC game to move this series forward.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 07:44 AM
the only AC game to move this series forward.
Humph. Subjectivehttp://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/eyebrows.gif

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 07:46 AM
I'd say AC3 moved the series forward too, but it muddled up in some aspects so rather than a clear step forward it was kind of a stumble.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 07:48 AM
I'd say AC3 moved the series forward too, but it muddled up in some aspects so rather than a clear step forward it was kind of a stumble.
Stumble forward yes

roostersrule2
02-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Humph. Subjectivehttp://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/eyebrows.gifAC1- First game so it doesn't count.
AC2- Improves AC1's most criticized problems.
ACB- Polished version of AC2.
ACR- Unpolished version of ACB.
AC3- Tries to reinvent series, but due to it being rushed cuts are made.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 07:52 AM
AC1- First game so it doesn't count. It established a system. It counts
AC2- Improves AC1's most criticized problems. Subjective. to me, it improved absolutely nothing
ACB- Polished version of AC2. Agreed
ACR- Unpolished version of ACB. Disagreed. I thought it improved over, in my opinion, ACB`s crappy writing.
AC3- Tries to reinvent series, but due to it being rushed cuts are made. I`v made my position clear with this

Hello

roostersrule2
02-27-2013, 07:58 AM
See you don't hate AC2 as a game you hate it's popularity, saying it improved nothing is extremely narrow minded or just stupid.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 08:02 AM
See you don't hate AC2 as a game you hate it's popularity, saying it improved nothing is extremely narrow minded or just stupid.

or simply an Opinion you disagree with...

You mean Jealous ? You mean I`m jealous of a game ?? xD Lol Okay

I wonder, though...if the roles were reversed and you were the one hating on AC III and I called you stupid and narrow minded...how much crap would I be getting from everyone here ?? A lot more than what you`re getting I reckon..
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llmvfdyRsJ1qixleeo1_500.gif

roostersrule2
02-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Not an opinion I disagree with but even if there are aspects that were removed in AC2 that you liked in AC1 you can't say nothing was improved. Also not jealousy it's the same hate COD gets for being popular (And never changing). Ok and what's your point with the roles being reversed?

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Not an opinion I disagree with but even if there are aspects that were removed in AC2 that you liked in AC1 you can't say nothing was improved. Also not jealousy it's the same hate COD gets for being popular (And never changing). Ok and what's your point with the roles being reversed?
You clearly disagree with my views. If calling me stupid and narrow minded is not disagreement, I don't know what is xD

Yes I can and I believe you and I had a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG conversation about what YOU call "improvements"

I never hated COD for being popular, I hate it for being an FPS. I hate FPSs. I actually bought CoD games, but I stopped after Modern warfare 2.

No point. Just a nudge at the Hypocrisy of this place. when someone calls an AC III criticizer stupid, everyone is quick to take the moral high ground and lecture, but if the one being called stupid an AC II hater, then it`s fine as butterflies.....Nothing aimed at you...just a thought..
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj3cdx2g3D1qztc63o1_r2_500.gif

roostersrule2
02-27-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm not saying you can't hate AC2 but why you hate it doesn't make sense and I'm not talking about you hating COD games but people in general. Obviously you can say it but again it makes you look narrow minded and stupid, as for the hypocrisy it again comes down to which games has more fans.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 08:24 AM
I'm not saying you can't hate AC2 but why you hate it doesn't make sense and I'm not talking about you hating COD games but people in general. Obviously you can say it but again it makes you look narrow minded and stupid, as for the hypocrisy it again comes down to which games has more fans.
Why you love AC II doesn't make any sense to me...do I call you stupid and narrow minded ?

It`s still Hypocrisy...if "internet heroes" are willing to defend a poor, defenseless complainer who only wants to voice his opinion, then they should be "heroes" with everybody. fans are not...Bloody hypocrites..

UrDeviant1
02-27-2013, 08:28 AM
It`s still Hypocrisy...if "internet heroes" are willing to defend a poor, defenseless complainer who only wants to voice his opinion, then they should be "heroes" with everybody. fans are not...Bloody hypocrites..

Yeah, because you go around defending the people who bash the games??

roostersrule2
02-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Why you love AC II doesn't make any sense to me...do I call you stupid and narrow minded ?

It`s still Hypocrisy...if "internet heroes" are willing to defend a poor, defenseless complainer who only wants to voice his opinion, then they should be "heroes" with everybody. fans are not...Bloody hypocrites..You can hate all AC2 all you want but it's stupid and narrow minded to say it didn't improve anything. The hypocrisy thing just contradicted what we're arguing about.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Yeah, because you go around defending the people who bash the games??
Yes I have...

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 08:30 AM
You can hate all AC2 all you want but it's stupid and narrow minded to say it didn't improve anything. The hypocrisy just contradicted what you were saying before about hypocrisy.
I`m fine with being stupid and narrow minded for disagreeing with you...

I did not quite get that last line xD

VitaminsXYZ
You can hate all AC2 all you want but it's stupid and narrow minded to say it didn't improve anything. The hypocrisy just contradicted what you were saying before about hypocrisy.

It all depends really. There are still some people who like AC1 for what it was, and felt that the additions in AC2 were unnecessary, even if they did technically improve some aspects of it. For me AC2 was definitely an improvement, and remains one of my favorites. But again, the original AC formula was still altered to a point where it wouldn't sit well with some of the AC1 fans.

Gotta admit though, I wasn't too wild about the story in AC2. I'm in the minority that prefers AC3's story, but...oh well.

UrDeviant1
Yes I have...

And i'v also seen you rip someone's opinion apart because you didn't agree with it. So at least you're keeping things even i guess :)

poptartz20
02-27-2013, 08:31 AM
To be honest... I don't even see why these games are being compared. The only true thing they have in common is the d*mn developer. Come on people get off it...

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 08:32 AM
You can hate all AC2 all you want but it's stupid and narrow minded to say it didn't improve anything. The hypocrisy thing just contradicted what we're arguing about.

Hey, I hear people saying AC3 did not improve anything at all. Do I get to throw this line at them?

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 08:35 AM
And i'v also seen you rip someone's opinion apart because you didn't agree with it. So at least you're keeping things even i guess :)
But I never called them stupid and narrow minded...

UrDeviant1
02-27-2013, 08:37 AM
But I never called them stupid and narrow minded...

True. You're much smarter than that..

roostersrule2
02-27-2013, 08:47 AM
But I never called them stupid and narrow minded...Oh not so much with AC3 but when people say they hate Connor, i'm sure you have.

LoyalACFan
02-27-2013, 08:48 AM

The story of AC II was boring, stagnant and uninspired. Revenge tale, fine. surrounded by a boring cast who`s only stars are Machiavelli, Mario and Leonardo. Ezio does not grow at all except in the last 10 minutes or so. by the beginning of the game he`s a playboy, arrogant rich teen, by the middle of the game he`s a playboy, arrogant, rich teen Assassin on a rampage. Ezio`s character was overdone, his actions were not well written and his story just dragged on....that`s JUST AC II. he was basically a glorified errand boy. I never felt like Ezio learned new things in strategy or anything. people always got things for him. target locations, body guards and information. he never did anything, which in turn made me feel like crap...

Not really my fight, but nearly everything you just said here about AC2 is perfectly applicable to AC3.

Boring plot? Subjective, but it took SEVEN HOURS to get to the main character. And once we got there, I (and many of the other fans here) wished we were back with Haytham again. Connor's motivations were frequently ill-explained and poorly-written. Why exactly did he go from "the colonists are encroaching on my people's land, we must defend ourselves" as a teenager to "if I help free the colonists, the village will somehow be saved" as an adult?

Boring supporting cast? Try the plethora of irrelevant generals and revolutionaries shoehorned into the story at every turn, who are presented as though they're going to be relevant, but disappear forever after the first meeting. Haytham, Achilles, and Connor were the only characters I cared about in the slightest. Hell, even George Washington himself was generic and forgettable. Based on his portrayal in the game, I agree 100% with everything Haytham ever said about him.

Character was overdone? I'll agree that they tried way too hard with the whole "playboy Ezio" angle, but you have to admit that they pushed the "naive Connor" one too far as well. He's so flagrantly naive at times, he frequently comes across as a simpleton. When he delivered that little "Freedom IS Peace!" line to Haytham, I cringed so hard my neighbors must have felt it.

Errand boy? Seriously? At least Ezio occasionally acted on his own ideas (i.e. infiltrating the Palazzo Ducale with the flying machine). Literally EVERTHING Connor did was at the behest of either Achilles or a Patriot commander. The only exception was going to save his village after the argument with Haytham and Washington, but that was spontaneous, emotional, and borne of necessity rather than strategy.

Lack of freedom? I'm not even going to go there. AC1 let you do things your way, AC2 put you on training wheels, then AC3 put you on a train track.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Oh not so much with AC3 but when people say they hate Connor, i'm sure you have.
Naaah...never done that either..

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Not really my fight, but nearly everything you just said here about AC2 is perfectly applicable to AC3.

Boring plot? Subjective, but it took SEVEN HOURS to get to the main character. And once we got there, I (and many of the other fans here) wished we were back with Haytham again. Connor's motivations were frequently ill-explained and poorly-written. Why exactly did he go from "the colonists are encroaching on my people's land, we must defend ourselves" as a teenager to "if I help free the colonists, the village will somehow be saved" as an adult?

Boring supporting cast? Try the plethora of irrelevant generals and revolutionaries shoehorned into the story at every turn, who are presented as though they're going to be relevant, but disappear forever after the first meeting. Haytham, Achilles, and Connor were the only characters I cared about in the slightest. Hell, even George Washington himself was generic and forgettable. Based on his portrayal in the game, I agree 100% with everything Haytham ever said about him.

Character was overdone? I'll agree that they tried way too hard with the whole "playboy Ezio" angle, but you have to admit that they pushed the "naive Connor" one too far as well. He's so flagrantly naive at times, he frequently comes across as a simpleton. When he delivered that little "Freedom IS Peace!" line to Haytham, I cringed so hard my neighbors must have felt it.

Errand boy? Seriously? At least Ezio occasionally acted on his own ideas (i.e. infiltrating the Palazzo Ducale with the flying machine). Literally EVERTHING Connor did was at the behest of either Achilles or a Patriot commander. The only exception was going to save his village after the argument with Haytham and Washington, but that was spontaneous, emotional, and borne of necessity rather than strategy.

Lack of freedom? I'm not even going to go there. AC1 let you do things your way, AC2 put you on training wheels, then AC3 put you on a train track.
-_____-

Did i not say that everything I said is simply my opinion ?? I never challenged anyone to apply this to AC III, nor did say, as you imply, my opinion was fact...

There is a lot of false facts in your post, though....but i wont go there...I can change my mind if you prefer..

roostersrule2
02-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Naaah...never done that either..Oh I think you have.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Oh I think you have.
Prove it..

roostersrule2
02-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Prove it..Consider you have over 12,000 posts I'm not looking through them to prove that you've called people stupid or narrow minded, because they're being stupid and narrow minded.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Consider you have over 12,000 posts I'm not looking through them to prove that you've called people stupid or narrow minded, because they're being stupid and narrow minded.
I`ll tell you what..

I have about 6 warnings..Surely, if i called someone narrow minded and stupid, I would`v received a warning, right ? NONE of the warnings I have include calling someone narrow minded or stupid...

roostersrule2
02-27-2013, 09:13 AM
I`ll tell you what..

I have about 6 warnings..Surely, if i called someone narrow minded and stupid, I would`v received a warning, right ? NONE of the warnings I have include calling someone narrow minded or stupid...You've done it believe me perhaps you don't get warnings for stating the obvious.

Jexx21
02-27-2013, 02:04 PM
why the **** are we fighting

TheHumanTowel
02-27-2013, 02:05 PM
why the **** are we fighting
Because you're not my real Dad!

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Because you're not my real Dad!

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/353/279/e31.jpg

yly3
02-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Guys you are hillarious !

This argument of opinion being opinions is one of the biggest plagues of a forum.I mean yeah..we get..it's subjective..move along.

Everybody is complaining more or less about AC these days, there are no OMG threads of excitement, put things into perspective.

No wonder Patrice left.. it has become a joke.. I would be happy if AC made a transition in style like SC Chaos Theory -> Conviction.

now THAT's how you drastically change a game and still make it good
AC lost its identity and it's a wannabe game

I'm not saying the AC3 is bad (I don't care about ACB/ACR those are expensive DLCs for me) .. it's that there is no consistency ..the product doesn't feel serious. They are just throwing words and pray that most of their marketing will atract at least one more buy.

Let the product speak for itself man, don't try to convince me heaps & bounds that it's amazing.
AC3 marketing failed..although the artwork and E3 were fantastic..gotta give them that

peace

yly3
02-27-2013, 04:02 PM
I bet after WD comes out, half of you guys will be joining the WD forums heheh

TheHumanTowel
02-27-2013, 04:05 PM
I think you've forgotten your thread is about why Watch Dogs is a true successor to AC1 which isn't true. No one trying to convince you AC amazing, they're just disagreeing with your stupid opinion about Watch Dogs.

PIECE

lothario-da-be
02-27-2013, 04:06 PM
This forum and the WD forum ar more or less the same, its not realy hard to switch:p

yly3
02-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Allright you win brothah

but I'll tell you this

with every single video WD shows it's true awesomesauce and it has that consistency to get better and better. they don't have to convince me..it's all natural

only the AC2 videos used to feel this way. With AC I have to be given black ***s..black wallpapers.. I have to be convinced..like by a politician that the game will be good ..and then probably fail.

for me, this experience of things talking for themselves is so much powerful than any other marketing tool

tripeace brother

AjinkyaParuleka
02-27-2013, 04:10 PM
WATCH_DOGS and AC are 2 different things,their mechanics are different.Though would love that crouching feature in the next AC.

UrDeviant1
Allright you win brothah

but I'll tell you this

with every single video WD shows it's true awesomesauce and it has that consistency to get better and better. they don't have to convince me..it's all natural

only the AC2 videos used to feel this way. With AC I have to be given black ***s..black wallpapers.. I have to be convinced..like by a politician that the game will be good ..and then probably fail.

for me, this experience of things talking for themselves is so much powerful than any other marketing tool

tripeace brother

I'm convinced you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

yly3
btw your sig reminds me about the subtility ..and there was a line on the bottom right with something "we believe in el credo" or something like that.. used to be SUCH a great game/story whatever

peace

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Guys you are hillarious !

This argument of opinion being opinions is one of the biggest plagues of a forum.I mean yeah..we get..it's subjective..move along.

Everybody is complaining more or less about AC these days, there are no OMG threads of excitement, put things into perspective.

The same is nearly every internet discussion board. Very rarely I see people praising a game in its own board. There were also some "OMG" threads of excitement closer when the game came out.

I'm not saying the AC3 is bad (I don't care about ACB/ACR those are expensive DLCs for me) .. it's that there is no consistency ..the product doesn't feel serious. They are just throwing words and pray that most of their marketing will atract at least one more buy.

Let the product speak for itself man, don't try to convince me heaps & bounds that it's amazing.
AC3 marketing failed..although the artwork and E3 were fantastic..gotta give them that

Its actually the other way round. You are trying to convince us of ..something (and failing at that, going by the responses).

Or you can be part of both. There's no rule that says you can be a part of only one community.

yly3
02-28-2013, 02:56 PM
While you guys are enjoying the all-new masterpiece black flag (lololol how low the ship has sinked - zing !) ..in fact..next year I'm waiting for a Super Mario AC !

AC1 was intended to be played without a HUD/Map !!!!, I remember reading in an interview that they decided to put it back like 3-4 months before the release ! You had to learn the city like you have to in real life, big..BIG difference.

Now, in this interview

"What makes WATCH_DOGS different from other games in the genre?
Answered by: Jonathan Morin, Creative Director

WATCH_DOGS will redefine how you interact with an open world. For the very first time, the city will become your weapon and to support that, our simulation of Chicago will offer unprecedented dynamism. This will have real impact on your experience."

THIS is social stealth.
now moving on

And now the icing on the cake

" Players are used to following the icons in open world games because they define where the action takes place. In our game, the action will shape itself as you discover it. This system gives us brand new ways to deliver content to the player. It feels far more real and offers way more possibilities. In the end, the world will be full of surprises which will bring improvisational play to the next level."

ka-boom b1tch ! This is what Patrice wanted to make in 2007 but I guess the tech wasn't there yet... he was trying to say this in his recent rant, that AC1 was about you making your own story. I think he was unsatisfied with the final project but I guess the game was innovative and good enough for those times (which it was)

the rest of the interview for those interested
http://www.xboxplayers.co.uk/site/content.php?1292-Inside-Ubisoft-Interview-with-Dominic-Guay-Senior-Producer-on-Watch-Dogs-Launches-Fal-2013

CalgaryJay
02-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Didn't read all the pages so it may have been said, but I don't see how this relates at all to AC. If anything, its a (in terms of crime) toned down GTA, and even that's stretching it. It does look cool though and I'm sure I'll buy it, but I'm not going to automatically anoint it as awesome after simply watching a trailer. I've made that mistake before. Ubi seems to have great marketing that makes all its games look amazing pre-release. Then you buy it and sometimes that turns out not to be the case.

Also confused why this would be posted in an AC forum. You think people hadn't heard of this game before? This is a video game forum, and Watch Dogs has been the talk of the gamer world since E3. We're aware of it.

yly3
02-28-2013, 04:34 PM
dude lol.. have you even read what I am trying to point out ?

Assassin's Creed was a game that tried to break new boundaries with open-world gaming, it started out great then it easily started to turn into a "normal" action-adventure game, period. It is what it is right now. Some people like it, some people don't. I'm fine with that.
My topic is basically a reminder of what the game USED to focus on and that there is an alternative out there based on the principles of the first game, and making them even more awesome, hence the "real AC2" tag.

Ubisoft I think lost their belief in their "guts" after they made AC1. AC2 was a turning point by listening to popular wish-lists, but it still retained the atmosphere which made the franchise unique. It was a perfectly balanced trade-of between the ac1 purists and mainstream wishlist, this is why it got great reviews and critics.
There was an absolut mindblowing article-blog about AC1 when only AC2 was released by then. It was posted on this forum, I'll try to refind it via my personal post-history. Thankfully I don't have many.

My topic is not about convincing people, my topic is like I said a reminder, or a distant shout.

I'll post the article if I find it right away.

WD is not GTA..AC2 is GTA, if you are reffering about the action sequences ..well there are action sequences in almost any game..does that make them GTA ?

peace

TheHumanTowel
02-28-2013, 04:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpjZjQrfGNg

yly3
02-28-2013, 04:49 PM
I think this was it !

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/MatthewLoPresti/20101217/6470/Assassins_Creed_The_Failed_Hashshashin_Simulator_a nd_its_Aftermath.php%20

Amazing read, so spot-on.

stop with the memes.. they were cool in '09 but now it's just iritating. Use that slang on YT were everyone is 5 yo there.

peace

CalgaryJay
02-28-2013, 05:13 PM
dude lol.. have you even read what I am trying to point out ?

I just don't like when people come on to a specific game's forum with a thread like "AC sucks now, this is what you should be playing". Whether that's what you actually meant or not is another matter, but that's how your OP post comes off. You're not the first to do it either, this dude hyatari was constantly pimping the then not yet released Hitman: Absolution, while simultaneously bagging on AC. Then Hitman comes out and turns out to be a big disappointment, and suddenly he stops posting here. That stuff just annoys me.

If you're actually trying to have a discussion about where you feel AC lost its way, stop with the WD comparisons. All we've seen is 2 short gameplay vids. The game could end up being a huge dud for all we know. The main reason for my GTA comparison is because I'm also a member on their forums and a few posters keep randomly hyping WD and why its going to somehow replace GTA as king of the sandbox games. I've never seen so much hype for a game before.

kuled2012
02-28-2013, 05:21 PM
I've never seen so much hype for a game before.

Well you've come to the right place.

yly3
02-28-2013, 07:04 PM
This is a comparison thread so to speak and that guy lol lol lol you talked about is delusional comparing Hitman with AC. Now THAT's a ****ty comparison.
WD and AC have a somewhat justice/againts the system mentality also. Read the interview I linked.

Hitman is about being a ...hitman.

AC/WD is about a cause, a purpose something..

GTA is about beeing GANGSTA w00h00

Black Flag cover is OMG ..I thought we got a sequel to Prince of Persia (which I'd take any day to AC sequel)

del180824051615
02-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Perhaps OP should change topic to Ubisoft should stop with AC shiii... it's just so wrong. Make somehting else.. Prince of Persia.. Might and Magic.. or whatever i don't care... I'm not sure about Watch Dogs .. it doesn't seem to appeal much to me.

yly3
02-28-2013, 07:06 PM
and they made the pirate game simply because you guys raved about the naval mission in AC3 hahahaha. It's hilarious. I can immagine in Ubisoft studios :

" oi oi ..lads..people are crrraaaazy about the naval things.. I mean it's finally a good thing AND new we have..let's make a game out of it quick"

yly3
02-28-2013, 07:08 PM
NO .. because it's not what you say ..besides, there are PLENTY of topics like that.

This is a discussion about AC1 video game and apparently it's getting a sequel under a different form.

CalgaryJay
02-28-2013, 07:57 PM
and they made the pirate game simply because you guys raved about the naval mission in AC3 hahahaha. It's hilarious. I can immagine in Ubisoft studios :

" oi oi ..lads..people are crrraaaazy about the naval things.. I mean it's finally a good thing AND new we have..let's make a game out of it quick"

Good, in this case I'm glad they did. We can fault Ubi for a few things lately (at least as far as AC is concerned), but they've always been great for listening to fan feedback.

Naval is one case where I'm glad they're pumping out a game for us. It was awesome and badly needed to be expanded upon. If its actually done well and they don't get too caught up in grand plans, it should be great.

pirate1802
02-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Good, in this case I'm glad they did. We can fault Ubi for a few things lately (at least as far as AC is concerned), but they've always been great for listening to fan feedback.

Naval is one case where I'm glad they're pumping out a game for us. It was awesome and badly needed to be expanded upon. If its actually done well and they don't get too caught up in grand plans, it should be great.

Ditto.

yly3
02-28-2013, 08:16 PM
I'll be honest and say that I also enjoyed naval but nothing over the top, just enjoyed at the moment of playing.
But c'mon ... the cons massively outweight the pros lately ..

To be honest I'd love to turn this AC into a PoP Warrior Within 2 because it was awesome.

Actually, every once in a while Ubisoft has the talent in making dramatic but succesful changes, I seriously doubt Black Flags will be in this cathegory but

Sands of Time -> Warrior Within
Chaos Theory/Double Agent -> Conviction
AC1 -> AC2

CalgaryJay
02-28-2013, 08:42 PM
As long as you can board ships, swim underwater, dock and explore islands a la the Peg Leg missions, and of course, beat the **** out of enemy ships with cannonfire/'splosions from hell, I'm in.

yiddo93
02-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Lol at people saying ACIII is better than ACII. Opinions are opinions but I hate to break it to you, but you are wrong. Has ACIII even got over 90 on Metacritic, like ACII has? Has ACIII won alot of awards like ACII has?

Fact of the matter is, is that this series has been on a decline since ACII. Brotherhood and Revelations were good enough, but not masterpieces like ACII, and III was once again a good game, but not a true masterpiece like ACII. It's a real shame as I still feel that ACII hasn't had a true sequel to it, Ubi dropped the ball.

yly3
03-01-2013, 04:36 AM
So ontopic

(see from 0:45)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8eP99neOVs

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 04:53 AM
Lol at people saying ACIII is better than ACII. Opinions are opinions but I hate to break it to you, but you are wrong. Has ACIII even got over 90 on Metacritic, like ACII has? Has ACIII won alot of awards like ACII has?.

Lol. Opinions are opinions except when they are mine? Then they become facts. Hate to break it to you but opinions are always opinions. Yours is as good as mine, no matter how good you believe yours to be.

VitaminsXYZ
03-01-2013, 05:55 AM
Lol at people saying ACIII is better than ACII. Opinions are opinions but I hate to break it to you, but you are wrong. Has ACIII even got over 90 on Metacritic, like ACII has? Has ACIII won alot of awards like ACII has?

Fact of the matter is, is that this series has been on a decline since ACII. Brotherhood and Revelations were good enough, but not masterpieces like ACII, and III was once again a good game, but not a true masterpiece like ACII. It's a real shame as I still feel that ACII hasn't had a true sequel to it, Ubi dropped the ball.

Yeah...basically everything pirate said.
I liked AC3 more than AC2. Am I in the minority in thinking that AC2 wasn't this masterpiece that a lot of people make it to be? Yes, but that doesn't make me "wrong." It's an opinion. (Albeit a less popular one. lol)

And an 86 isn't that far off...

dogziler
03-01-2013, 10:37 PM
OK some of this is incredibly insulting AC2 was a great game and it was the game that brought me into AC. also, i think that Watch dogs will be awesome. if its modern stealth and more Actual stealth oriented (leaning around corners, staying just out of site of enemy's. that is what deus ex:human revolution and dishonored has. in buckets!!)