PDA

View Full Version : Templars in TOKW timeline? {Spoilers for Episode 1}

ace3001
02-21-2013, 07:31 AM
Something that bothers me is, what happened to the Templars? The scene of Ziio giving Haytham's hidden blades to Connor felt to me like Haytham has been dead and gone for some time. What do you guys think?

Assassin_M
02-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Georgie killed everyone...Connor discovers from Franklin that Georgie was the one who killed Haytham, So Connor is gonna be having Vengeance....

That`s how I see it...I love my head:p

ace3001
02-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Actually, I wouldn't be too surprised if they were indeed killed. The Templars wouldn't have stood by and just watched as Washington became king. But then again, Knights Templar is a huge organization with knowledge about pieces of Eden. How can one guy with an Apple of Eden kill all of them off? Of course, he has the bluecoats under control, but they're no match for Templars.

I still think this is going to go Driver San Francisco by the end. That's the only way this thing can make sense.

Amusing how the part of AC3 that's most fun to play is also the most nonsensical in a narrative perspective.

Assassin_M
02-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Amusing how the part of AC3 that's most fun to play is also the most nonsensical in a narrative perspective.
Maybe that`s what`s amusing about it

ace3001
02-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Maybe so. I just can't get over how ridiculous it is to literally go invisible at the press of a button. But it's so fun to do.

Assassin_M
02-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Maybe so. I just can't get over how ridiculous it is to literally go invisible at the press of a button. But it's so fun to do.
I love that Predator movie like feeling I get...only I`m the Predator..

Come out invisible, take 2 down, go invisible mid animation, watch others panic, strike again and take 2 more down and revanish back mid animation..

It`s so damm badass :D

UrDeviant1
02-21-2013, 09:56 AM
I'v only just figured out that you can actually control when/who your wolves attack. And yeah the cloaking is awesome. I like using it in combat to dodge past a few enemies to kill the guy at the back or to reach firing lines. I wish i could capture video :/

ace3001
02-21-2013, 10:06 AM
I wish i could capture video :/And I wish I had a good enough net connection to upload videos better than 360p. :(

InfectedNation
02-21-2013, 11:16 AM
If we don't team up with Charles Lee at some point I'm gonna throw a tantrum.

pirate1802
02-21-2013, 12:15 PM
I love that Predator movie like feeling I get...only I`m the Predator..

Come out invisible, take 2 down, go invisible mid animation, watch others panic, strike again and take 2 more down and revanish back mid animation..

It`s so damm badass :D

yeah.. totally nails the predator feeling. Better yet, go invisible, and simultaneously unleash your wolves and walk with them by your sides. Badassedness overload :eek:

pirate1802
02-21-2013, 12:17 PM
..And I'm still holding out the invisibility and various animal powers to actually be some kind of animus effects. The final episode will tell. :D

LightRey
02-21-2013, 12:33 PM
..And I'm still holding out the invisibility and various animal powers to actually be some kind of animus effects. The final episode will tell. :D
That doesn't make any sense. This is an actual memory, that much is clear, and Connor certainly used these newfound powers in said memory. They're not animus effects.

pirate1802
02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
That doesn't make any sense. This is an actual memory, that much is clear, and Connor certainly used these newfound powers in said memory. They're not animus effects.

Poor selection of words on my part. By "animus effect" I mean something that's not actually-happening. Maybe Connor is just having a weird dream. or maybe an Apple induced an alternate reality in his mind and we are seeing Connor "see" these. Kinda like Brotherhood's memory within memory.

LightRey
02-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Poor selection of words on my part. By "animus effect" I mean something that's not actually-happening. Maybe Connor is just having a weird dream. or maybe an Apple induced an alternate reality in his mind and we are seeing Connor "see" these. Kinda like Brotherhood's memory within memory.
Ah, like that. Well that is most likely, yes. I think the best theory right now is that Connor (and most likely Washington) are seeing/living this through the use of the apple Washington got from the Freemasons in the "actual" reality. I suspect it's to show why they should be careful with it I suppose.

MasterSimaYi
02-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Actually, I wouldn't be too surprised if they were indeed killed. The Templars wouldn't have stood by and just watched as Washington became king. But then again, Knights Templar is a huge organization with knowledge about pieces of Eden. How can one guy with an Apple of Eden kill all of them off? Of course, he has the bluecoats under control, but they're no match for Templars..

The Templars in the British American colonies were few in number, and Connor killed them all by himself too.

UnlistedBeatle
02-21-2013, 03:33 PM
It could be like Far Cry 3 and the tree bark was a hallucinogen so in Connor's eyes he became invisible, but in reality... who knows. Jason experienced weird dream sequences in FC3 and when he woke up he found he'd killed everyone around him.

Abeonis
02-21-2013, 07:12 PM
I'v only just figured out that you can actually control when/who your wolves attack. And yeah the cloaking is awesome. I like using it in combat to dodge past a few enemies to kill the guy at the back or to reach firing lines. I wish i could capture video :/

This appears to be toe sole-redeeming feature of the recently announced, invisible, PS4 they've invented...

ace3001
02-22-2013, 01:05 AM
This appears to be toe sole-redeeming feature of the recently announced, invisible, PS4 they've invented...
Not to derail the thread, but have you any idea of what kinda power the PS4 will probably have? Considering they're going to throw in 8 GB of memory, they're bound to throw in at least an upper-mid range GPU as well. It'll be leaps and bounds above the current consoles. A new AC will be glorious on it.

It could be like Far Cry 3 and the tree bark was a hallucinogen so in Connor's eyes he became invisible, but in reality... who knows. Jason experienced weird dream sequences in FC3 and when he woke up he found he'd killed everyone around him.
But in this case, others don't see Connor either. So unless even the guards are part of his hallucination, I don't see how that can work.