PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Wheel

ace3001
02-21-2013, 04:51 AM
This will probably never be considered, but I thought I'd post it anyway to see what others' opinion is about this. Back in AC2, the weapon wheel was ugly, but it was quick in execution. You could bring the wheel up and quickly switch to another weapon, once you're used to it, in less than a second. Now, however, the weapon wheel is a whole separate interface. Even that is alright by itself. However, it has this annoying fade in/fade out animations that take a little time. Some might say that it's so short that it doesn't even matter. And before yesterday, I might've even agreed. But with the wolf cloak and bait needing to be switched every now and then for that particular memory, I found the AC3 weapon wheel to be one hell of an annoyance.
http://i.imgur.com/ly2b0ge.gif
I'm aware that we can assign them to the quick slots, but I need the quick slots for stuff I use more regularly. It's not practical to be assigning new items to quick slots every now and then. In short, I think the previous style of the weapon wheel (overlay instead of separate interface, and no useless animations/sound effects) would've been much more convenient. Thoughts on this?

Assassin_M
02-21-2013, 04:57 AM
I just saw "Weapon wheel" and the gif. didn't have to read your post..

Agreed with all of it

Farlander1991
02-21-2013, 05:00 AM
Yeah. As far as I know, even the devs aren't that happy with AC3 weapon selections (I think they said that in one of the Q&A sessions). PC has it a little better due to the mouse cursor, so it takes a little less time to go through different parts of the wheel - you can just click on them.

UrDeviant1
02-21-2013, 05:14 AM
Completely agree. This weapon wheel takes unnecessarily long to navigate, not helped by the fact it's in a separate menu. This is far to long to perform what is a simple task. It takes you out the action, and having to look at the menu fade in and out every time is highly annoying. I'd like to know why the Devs are restricting us to only 4 quick-slots? why not have 8?.

You might say it's because console controllers don't have enough buttons...but i don't see any problem with having 2 weapons/tools assigned to each arrow on the d-pad. Lets say you have your Tomahawk assigned to the 'Down Button' - you press it once to equip the Tomahawk, or you press it twice to equip your bow. This would serve to keep me in the action by not having to navigate a menu every time i want to mix up my gameplay. In fact, it might even encourage me to mix up my play-style even more.

ace3001
02-21-2013, 05:42 AM
The PC version isn't faring much better this time around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kq1fKOLW0Q
Back during ACB and ACR, using the mouse to select was so simple, though. I really want the old weapon wheel back for the next AC.

Also, the double tap quick slot idea could really work.