PDA

View Full Version : WCIF ACIII PC Version Combat Video?

Cynarra
02-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Are there any official videos that demonstrated combat mechanics/stealth etc using a keyboard and mouse? I can only find videos using a PC with a controller instead of mouse and keyboard.

Kaldire
02-20-2013, 09:49 PM
stealth seems broken, ive killed about 4000 people now in stealth and still no dlc achievment.
seems broken, and it nerfs mobs into just standing there sometimes even when you come back out of cloak.
what is it youd like to know specifically?
i can get some of the best combos even with mouse n keyboard, just not in this dlc.. its terrible for battle, most mobs dont even register as hostile even standing next to you, until they hit you. or you cloak again.

Cynarra
02-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Well, which key does what? When I found the map for the keyboard, it only seems to map commands for walking around. I think the E key has different functions depending upon if you are fighting or just exploring.

When the video explains stuff, they keep referring to X and Y buttons on a controller.

I can't seem to stealth at all much less make my companion hide.

I have been trying to program my wraith hex naga to macro evade or disarm, attack, then throw. I thought that combo was E, Space, E?

I hit Q and he never draws his firearm to shoot (in combat).

I only have Assassin's Creed 3, the PC version and no DLC at all.

Kaldire
02-20-2013, 11:16 PM
making companions hide.. has been buggy even in console, but on pc well i never used it, never needed to.

XY thing does stink.. ill admit
but you should see a full keymap..

stealth aka cloak .. is broken as of 4 other people and myself, it works but you dont get credit for kills (im now on 5000+ kills with it) still no achievement.
but its stock is Q for the weapon slot but it depends ON which slot you assign it to... press and HOLD R
evade.. disarm.. all are timing and taps of E and left mouse or space bar,, E throws, left attacks.. space swipes. (there is actually a tutorial IN GAME bot h dlc and ac3 standard that teaches you the controls :P

try the training sim and remember a keyboard layout is alwats wsad and q e r f and sometimes t with tab and space.

Anykeyer
02-21-2013, 06:58 AM
Are there any official videos that demonstrated combat mechanics/stealth etc using a keyboard and mouse? I can only find videos using a PC with a controller instead of mouse and keyboard.

It does not look any different, only HUD will give away controls.

Cynarra
02-21-2013, 05:23 PM
I did the tutorial, but cannot see a way to replay it, at least the fighting tutorial. Isn't there a way to reload that particular memory? ::o

Of which trainer are you speaking?:confused:

When you say the stealth is broken, does that mean I won't be able to complete Haythan's ,memory at the dock, which I thought was going to teach me stealth, but the guy he is guiding only stealths every other time I attempt to hide. He like to hope up when the Redcoats walk past! :eek:

Not sure what HUD is or how that gives away controls?:confused:

Thanks for clarifying the R button. I did get weapons assigned and he will switch with the keys 1-4, but I cannot get him to draw his pistol and shoot. That is the tutorial, memory I want to replay.

Kaldire
02-21-2013, 11:37 PM
uh you can always replay the tutorials by going into the ac3 not dlc .. and its an option to TRAIN... in the main menu upon entering as desmond
its near the OPTIONS for the game etc..

pretty hard to miss, esp since the manual tells you about the training, it even has extras that are fun..
soo

not sure what a HUD is? might I advise google? I bet you do know what a hud is.. just acronyms for usa to well... heck everyone should know what a hud is.. esp now they exist in real life cards and phones etc.

tutorials are not memories.. though some exist in them early on.. but the TRAINING ROOM is where you want to be..
looks like the matrix etc..

Cynarra
02-22-2013, 11:54 PM
I did the training room. It didn't seem to have any fighting tutorials. Am I in the right spot?

Like what is the combo Leap of Faith? I learned it so fast, but have no idea what keys I hit when walking forward.