PDA

View Full Version : AC3: Infamy glitch (spoilers)

Eyesfall
02-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Hello,

I have a problem in Tyranny of King Washington DLC: The Infamy.

This glitch occurred to me during sequence 6 ''Justice served'' mission which made me stuck at ''Stalk the guard dog'' part and not being able to proceed and continue with the mission. As soon as I enter the green marker area in the bushes I'm unable to use my equipment and run as well, only fast walk. I'm curious if this has happened with anyone else or just me, if I'm not the only one please leave a reply and share your details. Any help would be appreciated. I'm playing on PC.
I looked in the google and youtube but couldn't find any help what so ever so I am asking help in here.

Here's the video of the glitch :

http://youtu.be/7OLxzw0DDoQ

sharkdrutt
02-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Did you notice they how they forgot to add the black surrounding of the scope view??

and OT: didn't notice this bug yet.

Eyesfall
02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Anyone has any ideas what to do? I cant finish the DLC because of this.

Kaldire
02-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Wow yea, this dlc is very buggy, I have tons of issues (is there a bug thread for this? if not I might need to make one)

ok on this issue the trigger point is obviously gone. In reality the next step should be a mini tutorial you CANT skip, that leads you to that grass you circle.

Id try a few things, walk to another dog hide toss meat see if the trigger ... triggers and ends the tutorial.
or try going to the game and warping away fast travel, and then coming back there

One of my biggest issues is triggers and mob points
-on the map red dots rarely indicate where enemies are, and when you kill them the dots remain or extra appear.
-wolves get stuck in things, I have a screenshot after I attacked a convoy where wolves attacked right after, it made the prisoners vanish and a wolf stuck in the convoy cage like a prisoner
while the others (much like the guards of the convoy) stand between horses getting stuck
-bait in this dlc seems pointless minus 1 mission. and even that its only the first part
- chests are meaningless even with all the chests gotten the gameplay didnt increase or make me feel I had done anything more than find more arrows than LINK in zelda
-random rescues and such keep occurring even after completing them. leaving me to run away from them and (let them starve/die etc)
- WALLS are insanely structured... run into a dead body and desmond pops his hands up and stops like a mime in a box also skipping and halting on areas that should be climbable or slideable
is severe.
- during attacks from bluecoats, most time you cant counter as you are registered as not in battle, then after the mob hits you, you finally can attack
-Arrows are pointless, I stood on a roof shooting wolves and men and it glitches so badly that the arrows shoot to another country in a diff direction all together.

all around a sad sad pack.
wish this would have come out all at once but maybe its to fix such insane bugs and mundane play. about 90-120 min of play max and thats getting everything max sync

let me know if you got this to fix the bug, its a problem with the mob placement. I bet the dog and guy are somewhere else.. maybe even underground where you can never get to
open that ticket and talk to ubi
or heck thats a game stopper id call if no reply. Let em know how buggy this dlc truly is.

HampOoze
02-21-2013, 02:15 PM
I too am experiencing bugs with this DLC, the combat as previously mention is really bugged, but I've gotten a bugg which has halted my progress. I'm at the mission where I have to help one of the Indians find his brother Teiowe-something and I'm supposed to find clues. I've found the fireplace and the broken bow, and I looked up a walkthrough because I couldnt find the third, as it turns out its the very obvious prisonwagon but I was given no button command so I am stuck on the tracking part with no way to move forward. This is quite upsetting I tell you, so I'd be pretty neat if Ubisoft could get on this and hotfix this as fast as possible.

Eyesfall
02-21-2013, 03:45 PM
I found a solution to this thanks to Kaldfire, and its quite simple and weird at the same time - if someone's experiences something similar to this then the only solution is to restart the whole DLC and that fixed the bug.

HampOoze
02-21-2013, 04:05 PM
I found a solution to this thanks to Kaldfire, and its quite simple and weird at the same time - if someone's experiences something similar to this then the only solution is to restart the whole DLC and that fixed the bug.
Does that mean just restarting the game or redownloading the DLC or what?

HampOoze
02-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Well, looks like the problem fixed itself, not sure how but it did. thanks anyway.

Two-KD
02-21-2013, 05:53 PM
I may be the luckiest one coz the only one problem I had was that my game froze for couple of seconds in the first 30 minutes.But It was ok after that.Had no other bugs.

Kaldire
02-21-2013, 10:58 PM
cheers glad something worked!
sorry it came to a total restart... but we did try everything
and I could not reproduce that bug, though i have many others with misplaced mobs.. just stinks that one is a tutorial mob XP

mini spoiler below!!!
as for the broken quest listed above about the brother.. there are 4 things to find.. you missed 1 :P and it does bug a bit at finding the bow, but that should be 3rd .. the bow.. 4th is the slaves convoy

FreeLancer Eric
03-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Has a solution been found for this? I restarted the DLC as suggested, but I still come across the same bug.

THE BLAY
03-17-2013, 06:36 AM
So I am stuck at this point too.
I have restarted the entire DLC and once again I am glitched out of completing this tedious assignment.
Has anyone had any better fixes than just restarting it? I don't want to restart it if this will happen again.
Has anyone tried re-downloading the DLC to fix the bug?

SNAKE EYEZ94
03-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Yeah I finally got to the last mission, seen lots of deaths and captures of the natives and I'm thirsty for revenge but the dang tutorial wont let me continue!!

Black_Widow9
03-18-2013, 07:37 AM
I'm going to report this but I need everyone to contact Support and let them know as well.
http://support.ubisoft.com/

THE BLAY
03-18-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm going to report this but I need everyone to contact Support and let them know as well.
http://support.ubisoft.com/

I just submitted a ticket for this
hopefully they fix this soon!

jmal94
04-28-2013, 12:16 AM
yeah im having the same problem and cant move any further than leaving the bush and then that's it I cant use bait or anything else,so some help would be greatly appreciated.

FwB Torstein M5
05-05-2013, 01:04 PM
I got the same problem on Xbox

DFW_Sky_Walker
10-23-2013, 12:55 AM
Thought I would let you know this bug still persists as of today. I've been leisurely working on this game for almost a year and it has me stopped dead in my tracks. Customer support has you going in a loop with no way to make contact. I see you are the forum manager and thought I would make a request from you on how to get me past the glitch in stalking the wolves in infamy. I already purchased Blackflag 4 and beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have waited for all the bugs to fixed. I can always cancel the transaction on my card but thought I'd ask for your counsel first. Can you help please?

Pzygear
01-17-2014, 08:52 PM
Hey guys. I have now written to Ubisoft four times. And still no luck. I'm still trying to get them to realize that this is a bug that needs to fixed and hopefully make them notice the other bugs that Kaldire have been so awesome to point out. I started to link to this page and video to make them notice. But it's sure is taking it's time.

This is again to point out that the bug has not been fixed yet and Ubisoft sure needs a lot of convincing to realize it.

Andy UFC fan
01-31-2014, 01:43 AM
Black flag stopped loading my save at 86% that's screwed have to start over! Gave up on that so came back to this game to play DLC and i get this as well! I AM DONE WITH THIS SERIES AND POSSIBLY UBISOFT that's how mad i am now!

cdunk88
06-26-2014, 07:43 PM
bump - having the same issue

Apocalypse2001
10-02-2014, 08:30 PM
bump - having the same issue

Still having this issue with The Tyranny of King Washington. I'm stuck where you are told to stalk the guard dog patrol.

I PAID MY DAMN MONEY FOR THIS!!! UBISOFT, WHY ARE YOU NOT ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE?! People have been having this issue since 2013!!!!! 2013!!!
WTF?!

EDIT: I started the entire DLC over again, and i'm playing through all the missions again to see if that glitch pops-up again. I'll keep you guys posted.

EDIT 2: Well bad news. I reached that points again by doing everything all over, but it still glitches in the same manner: can't get a secondary objective, can run, can't use any equipment.

EDIT 3: I erased my saved games for the DLC, so later tonight i'll be starting from the beginning to see if the glitch persists. But i won't keep my hopes up

Apocalypse2001
10-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Still having this issue with The Tyranny of King Washington. I'm stuck where you are told to stalk the guard dog patrol.

I PAID MY DAMN MONEY FOR THIS!!! UBISOFT, WHY ARE YOU NOT ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE?! People have been having this issue since 2013!!!!! 2013!!!
WTF?!

EDIT: I started the entire DLC over again, and i'm playing through all the missions again to see if that glitch pops-up again. I'll keep you guys posted.

EDIT 2: Well bad news. I reached that points again by doing everything all over, but it still glitches in the same manner: can't get a secondary objective, can run, can't use any equipment.

EDIT 3: I erased my saved games for the DLC, so later tonight i'll be starting from the beginning to see if the glitch persists. But i won't keep my hopes up

I tried deleting the save game files for the DLC only (from within the menu) and i played through everything again), and there was no more glitch.
So far I've finished two out of three episodes and no other bugs have been encountered. Will let everybody know if the third episode is bugged or not

ZentsuVautor
12-15-2015, 03:00 AM
fully 15.12.15 continue with this bug, try what to do our dear colleague spoke, I did not think much of it.

strigoi1958
12-15-2015, 04:10 AM
The solution is in the post above yours... please do not add to old threads.

YazX_
12-15-2015, 11:07 AM
The solution is in the post above yours... please do not add to old threads.

indeed, please dont revive old threads, if the solution didn't work out for you then please contact Customer Support, link is in my signature.