PDA

View Full Version : Issues with the 1.03 patch (AC3)

diabolicious
02-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Hello, im having troubles getting the 1.03 patch to work..
I'm getting an error on the autopatch (an error occured during updating multi\DataPC.forge) and it just wont download, so i tried to download it from:
http://support.ubi.com/en-GB/answer_detail.aspx?lang=en-GB&key=gb&platformid=88&productid=2511&answerid=17491
But when i try to install the patch i get this message: This update is not compatible with the current installed game..

How do i get this new patch to work?
(If i would reinstall the game, how do i get to save my progress?)
Help would be much appreciated :)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi, please contact Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

JAW5TIN
02-23-2013, 06:25 AM
Hello, im having troubles getting the 1.03 patch to work..
I'm getting an error on the autopatch (an error occured during updating multi\DataPC.forge) and it just wont download, so i tried to download it from:
http://support.ubi.com/en-GB/answer_detail.aspx?lang=en-GB&key=gb&platformid=88&productid=2511&answerid=17491
But when i try to install the patch i get this message: This update is not compatible with the current installed game..

How do i get this new patch to work?
(If i would reinstall the game, how do i get to save my progress?)
Help would be much appreciated :)

I have the same problem when i start AC3 uplay start the autopatching, then he start the update of the patch 1.03 and ihave the same error "an error occured during updating multi\DataPC.forge"
If you resolved your problem, please help me :(

Sorry for my english.

Kaldire
02-23-2013, 09:57 AM
ubi.. didnt this happen in ACR also?
was something not matching in crc if i remember right

someone solved most of it
with either ubi's own host fix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
or if you know your way around regedit
BELOW IS FROM ANOTHER THREAD ON ACR FORUM SIDE NOT MY WORK
USE AT OWN CAUTION REGEDIT IS NOT A MILD TOOL

- Run Regedit

- Find the folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed 3, and make sure the path in InstallDir and the Version number are correct.

- Create a new key here called 1.01 (or your version no.) and inside that new key double click on (Default) and enter 1.01 (or your version no.) under "Value Data"

- Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

- Create a new key in this folder named exactly this: {9D15E813-0C26-41E7-ABC5-3EB06FF1B3CF}.

- Then inside that new key, create a new string named DisplayVersion, and set it value to the version of the game you have (1.00, 1.01, 1.02). Then launch the update file (1.01, 1.02, 1.03) and it should work.

Voyager456
02-23-2013, 11:50 AM
I had the same problem i reinstaled the whole game and than it worked

JAW5TIN
02-23-2013, 02:03 PM
This didn't worked but I fund this and it worked :D

http://www.discusionez.com/juegos/910598-assassins-creed-iii-update-1-0-2-solucion-instalacion.html#.USi8lKWsiSp

1. Run the update exe, wait until the welcome info comes out.

2. Go to your TEMP folder (press win+r and type %TEMP%), find extracted patch files, which may inside the folder called

{9D15E813-0C26-41E7-ABC5-3EB06FF1B3CF} or something like this.

3. Delete Disk1deltaFilesmulti

4. Switch to installation, press next to start.
!

Sorry for my english.

Kaldire
02-24-2013, 01:47 AM
your english is better than most that live here with us in usa !

cheers for added help on this topic as its been around for a few AC games now :P

Jaw5t1n
02-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Hello I'm JAW5TIN but I have been banned from the forum for piracy link...
So I cheked the link that i posted and I'm sorry I didn't saw at the begining that this was a website for craked game, so I'm really sorry.

I have been banned for life and I don't know how I can have back myoriginal uplay account on the forum because now I have created a new account and I have to log out/log in when I want to go on the forum and when i want t check my game on uplay...

If anyone can help me, I never wanted to post something about piracy... :/