PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] DLC- The Tyranny of King Washington (Spoilers included)

RUND4S
02-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Hey Assassins.
I got the DLC today, like a lot of other guys too.
Now i've played through it twice and now I'm here for my feedback.
Warning: This is MY opinion. Feel free to add own Feedback, or correct things, if your opinion is different.

Storyline
The Storyline is an alternative Timeline. Along with the normal game, there is this second one,
where Washington used a Piece of Eden, to get absolute power. He crowned himself king
and is now doing a lot of evil stuff.
Connor, who is now called (his original name, i can't spell it :D), wakes up and is defending
the town against Washingtons attack. Successful. But his mother died, trying to get Washingtons Piece of Eden.
Connor gets some very deadly wounds, but wakes up. The Clanmother and two other Indians took care of him.
The Clanmother sends him, to gather some plants from the big tree and make a tea of them.
This tea rewards some "superpower". Connor drinks it, get's ito a "Spiritworld" and meets "The Wolf".
Now he's is able to enable a kind of Cloak around him to become invisible. this costs health.
As he comes back, one if the indans is gone and Connor is searching for him.
After some searching, analysing Hints and stuff, he found the indian.
But as connor returns to the Clanmother, they are dead due a attack of Washingtons Soldiers.
The Clanmother sends Connor out to kill Arnold. right after that, she dies.
Connor is hunting down Arnold, using the Power of the Wolf and kills him.
He says, that Connor has to find Benjamin Franklin in Boston.
But he get's knocked out from behind. Now they bring him to Bosten.

Gameplay
The Gameplay is very smooth. There are no bad-written tasks, you have to think about for 15 minutes to understand them.
Targets are clearly marked, but not too easy. Finding the hints was a bit tricky, or i was just blind :D
The enemies are no free-kill-targets, 40% of them counter killstreaks and don't die instantly by shooting them with the bow.
The last fight for the town against 100 million soldiers is epic. HUD fades and you just fight them in a rush.
The Music is really good and underlines the emotions going on, while playing some parts of the DLC.

Art and Design
Connor's outfit is super-awesome. I really hope to get it in the main-story.
The other Warrior's look really cool and a sequence with the Piece of Eden and Washington
is just insane. You see the power of the Piece and how small you are against it.
This creates a really strong enemy.
The only mistake I found, is a missing animation, while freeing the indans from that Woodpoles.
You jsut stand there doing nothing. After 10 Seconds, woosh, indians freed.
But really nice work at all.

General - Pro's and Con's

Pro:
- It's a cool alternative Story. Not that usual, Guy becomes Assassin, killing evil guys, the end.
- you get pretty close to G. Washington, but you feel how mighty he became (i thought Connor would kill him right there)
- That Cloak is described in one word... AWESOME (Style and usage)
- Fair 100%-Sync-Challanges
- i really like it, so i WANT to play the second part as soon as possible

Contra:
- The Health-Drain of the Cloak is a bit low in my opinion. It shouldn't be a license to rush through enemies
- The usage of the Cloak infight is overpowered. There should be Counter-Combos with it but no free-escape-button...
- The Pack you can summon... you can't control it well enough. I target 2 guys standing next to each other. Call them and 2 of them kill both guys.
The third one rushes towards and Target-Person (no-kill Person), and kills them (he's like 20 meters away), ignoring my release-command.
- You are the only one, who drunk the tea and is using the abilities. I'd like to see the other "Beast-Spirits".

Last Words
I was a bit like "hmhmhm" about the DLC. Some Forum posts created a bad image of a DLC before it came out.
I think that's just unfair and shouldn't be done. Seriously guys, don't do that :/
I downloaded it, played it, got pure awesomeness. I disabled all voices in my head saying "Forum post said this is bad"
and played it from a neutral point. It's a really nice work by Ubisoft, one of the best DLC's for AC they've release for a long time.
I hope the second part is even better :)
This part gets hmmmmmm.... 7.5/10 Points.
Let's see what Georgie is going to do and wait for the second part.

Now I ask you, what do you think about the DLC? Feel free to post your own opinion,
your own feedback, but be fair and don't spam around "this DLC sucks, because it sucks"
or stuff like that.
Excuse me for some english grammar mistakes, I've made for sure.
this is not my first language :D

silvermercy
02-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Thank you for an honest and most importantly BALANCED feedback! :) I've only watched the gameplay so far (I'm playing it tomorrow) and it looks quite amazing. I think I'm going to enjoy it even more than the actual game. lol
When I play it I'll be back with more feedback myself.

Thanks again.

saydrix12
02-19-2013, 09:43 PM
i think the dlc is goot But the only thing i dont like is that we dont get the outfit in the main campaign and the 1 episode is a bit short :F

RUND4S
02-19-2013, 09:48 PM
i think the dlc is goot But the only thing i dont like is that we dont get the outfit in the main campaign and the 1 episode is a bit short :F

You have to remember, one part is one sequence. Three parts are three sequences, and 3 sequences are 1/4 of the actual game.
This is just an Addon for the Game, not the second part coming out now, because of late delivery :)

Afaik, this DLC is NOT connected with the main-story, so you can't get money, ressources or stuff like that in the DLC and carry it over to your main-story.
So this is like an extra-story, not a story of connor continuing the previous one. That's a good concept. They shouldn't overdo it with Connor's story.

saydrix12
02-19-2013, 09:51 PM
You have to remember, one part is one sequence. Three parts are three sequences, and 3 sequences are 1/4 of the actual game.
This is just an Addon for the Game, not the second part coming out now, because of late delivery :)

Afaik, this DLC is NOT connected with the main-story, so you can't get money, ressources or stuff like that in the DLC and carry it over to your main-story.
So this is like an extra-story, not a story of connor continuing the previous one. That's a good concept. They shouldn't overdo it with Connor's story.

I know this is alternate like if Connor didnt join the brotherhood haytham lived with godz-ziio? i dont know how to spell her name but i still think and lots of other people do that the new outfit/weapons should be injected into the main campaign :)

RUND4S
02-19-2013, 09:53 PM
That should be possible. I mean the Ezio-Outfit is there too. And it's impossible, that this outfit is in america, so please Ubisoft,
give us that godlike outfit <3

SaintPerkele
02-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Didn't you just post in every single Infamy-thread saying how bad the DLC is? And why do you keep saying that we can't get the outfit in the main campaign, like this would ruin everything? Everyone has already completed the main campaign before playing Infamy (unless he loves spoilers for the main game), so right now I don't need it for the main campaign anyway.

On topic: I'm guessing I'm about halfway through (SPOILER: just freed the brother) and so far I'm enjoying the sh*t out of this. Great gameplay, so far almost a better story than the main campaign and the content is not that small either. Also, love what they did to the frontier. So atmospheric with all those corpses, blood and destroyed cities.

saydrix12
02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Didn't you just post in every single Infamy-thread saying how bad the DLC is? And why do you keep saying that we can't get the outfit in the main campaign, like this would ruin everything? Everyone has already completed the main campaign before playing Infamy (unless he loves spoilers for the main game), so right now I don't need it for the main campaign anyway.

On topic: I'm guessing I'm about halfway through (SPOILER: just freed the brother) and so far I'm enjoying the sh*t out of this. Great gameplay, so far almost a better story than the main campaign and the content is not that small either. Also, love what they did to the frontier. So atmospheric with all those corpses, blood and destroyed cities.

I didnt say the dlc is bad there are only 2 conds we dont get the outfit/new weapons in the main campaign and the lenght :]

RUND4S
02-19-2013, 10:01 PM
yeah, super-nice atmosphere. That's quite awesome.
I was flashed at some points, where my face was just :O

But if anybody thinks the DLC is bad, give (serious) reasons.
If you don't I'm sad to tell that his/her statement is pretty useless.

BeeMavrick559
02-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Yes the hints are tricky or we are both blind! I think I'm half way done th. Tname arnold came up, so let's see. There were enemys that didn't apper as I was looking for my Thawk but amazing none the less

UrDeviant1
02-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Agree on pretty much everything you said. One thing i don't agree on is that Cloak is Overpowered in combat. You can use it on one guy at a time and much like the 'Break defence' move, people can still hit you when you come out of the animation. And, for me at least, you have to be careful how many times you use it during a fight against say, 10+ guards, because it drains your health a lot faster than you realise and if you try to spam it, chances are you will die or come very close to it. Personally i tend to use it only once or twice per group fight depending of amount of guards. And as a method of dodging, i think it's pretty nifty! The ability to break peoples defence during a combo streak in order to continue the chain (on heavies) is a similar if not not even more powerful method to dispatch guards. So while the Cloak is still a great method to kills guys in a fight, i don't think it's OP, because there are more efficient ways of doing it.

I agree that using the wolf pack can be cumbersome. Especially when there are say, 3 guards - you want to kill 1 and let 2 wolves take the others. But the guard you are trying to kill just stands there immune to your attacks, doing nothing while waiting for the 3rd wolf to kill him. So yeah, more control over them would be nice. But how awesome is it free-roaming with your spirit wolves by your side?! I like it.

One more con i'd like to add is the poor execution of the 'Save the starving citizen' side quest. The whole point of that was to find meat for hungry citizens, which is cool. But why not make a point of actually going out and hunting for the meat? That mission was lacking because if you collect a few treasure boxes those things are full of meat (for some weird reason). So in the first 30-60mins you already have enough meat to feed the whole Frontier. That's why that mission felt like "oh, just go here and press a button to give him something".

Anyways agree with most of what you said, well thought out and makes a change from the people saying they didn't like it but not bothering to decently explain why they didn't. PRO's and CON's, not just "ERMAHGERD ITZ SHEEEERT".

RUND4S
02-19-2013, 10:28 PM
I don't even touched the Civilian sidequests, because i simply don't see the point of going there and pressing a button.
Maybe in a few weeks when i'm going for 100%.

UrDeviant1
02-19-2013, 10:32 PM
I don't even touched the Civilian sidequests, because i simply don't see the point of going there and pressing a button.
Maybe in a few weeks when i'm going for 100%.

Exactly my point. But it didn't have to be this way. Ah well, it's a minor annoyance if anything.