PDA

View Full Version : I got robbed

Unknown969
02-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Hello. I bought the season's pass for assassin's creed 3 and i used my code to unlock the dlc. It says Content Unlocked then i click "Tyranny of King Washington" (This on the main screen) and it keeps saying "nothing was found, check your uplay games". And now to solve this i bought the dlc only on Uplay Store.. Still doesn't work. Please help.
PS: I use steam.

MuriloBFS
02-19-2013, 08:56 PM
As far as I understand, the code only activates the DLC. You must download and install it manually from a link that they probably sent to the e-mail linked to the account you bought it.

nitres15
02-19-2013, 09:43 PM
but the download link doesn´t do anything !

Unknown969
02-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Ok, I received the e-mail and i downloaded it but it says: "Could not retrieve version number! Instalation will be aborted."

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Hi, I suggest opening a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

Anduril79
02-20-2013, 09:31 PM
I bought a season pass about a month or so ago and still haven't gotten an email for a link or anything. I know the season pass works because I bought the Hidden Secrets pack along with it, so I have no idea what's going on this time.

Kreskysaurusrex
02-20-2013, 09:35 PM
I bought a season pass about a month or so ago and still haven't gotten an email for a link or anything. I know the season pass works because I bought the Hidden Secrets pack along with it, so I have no idea what's going on this time.

Exactly same thing with me. Sent a ticket to their support over 30 hours ago, and I still haven't heard a word for them. This is really dissapointing, and a proof that Ubisoft really need to think about how they handle DLC's and stuff, because clearly the current system is completely flawed.

Kaldire
02-20-2013, 09:38 PM
I urge you all to open a MY QUESTION and simply ask for the downloader in a 300kb attachment.
its how it was solved for me
but you have to prove you are legit. The head poster seems to not have a valid version of the game. a bit shady there.

1st he never says where he unlocked the dlc.. uplay? steam?
2nd it would never allow a downloader to run then say WRONG..VERSION.. unless you been messing with it.
3rd UBI MODS need to realize that this is not just a ticket thing anymore, I RECOMMEND CALLING UBI, yes bother them its our MONEY. but dont be mean.
you werent robbed. Ubi is not out to get you... paying 20$ for a skyrim dlc now thats robbed so :P

its just a bad dlc setup always has been. but there are reasons it turned that way and its due to many exploits and server issues as well.

need help ASK QUESTION and or CALL IN, i recommend calling, as most stuff they need verified is .. personal.
heck I even had to give my PASSWORD out.. something which they arent supposed to ask for.. but hey I got the dlc.

Anduril79
02-20-2013, 11:02 PM
I urge you all to open a MY QUESTION and simply ask for the downloader in a 300kb attachment.
its how it was solved for me
but you have to prove you are legit. The head poster seems to not have a valid version of the game. a bit shady there.

1st he never says where he unlocked the dlc.. uplay? steam?
2nd it would never allow a downloader to run then say WRONG..VERSION.. unless you been messing with it.
3rd UBI MODS need to realize that this is not just a ticket thing anymore, I RECOMMEND CALLING UBI, yes bother them its our MONEY. but dont be mean.
you werent robbed. Ubi is not out to get you... paying 20$ for a skyrim dlc now thats robbed so :P

its just a bad dlc setup always has been. but there are reasons it turned that way and its due to many exploits and server issues as well.

need help ASK QUESTION and or CALL IN, i recommend calling, as most stuff they need verified is .. personal.
heck I even had to give my PASSWORD out.. something which they arent supposed to ask for.. but hey I got the dlc.

What is the UBI support number, I can't find it under the Support section.

Kaldire
02-20-2013, 11:25 PM
read pm

GalakFyarr
02-20-2013, 11:38 PM
if you have the steam version, AFAIK, steam should be downloading everything automatically...

Kaldire
02-20-2013, 11:52 PM
if not PROPERTIES VERIFY

or u have the illegal ver :P

Anduril79
02-21-2013, 02:22 AM
read pm
Thanks, willl try tomorrow.

Unknown969
02-21-2013, 09:38 PM
I got episode 1 unlocked somehow.. Didn't need to download it...
I have season pass and i bought episode 1 on uplay when i was lost thinking that it wouldn't work with season pass.. Now i don't know wich one worked :S I also have Steam.

Kaldire
02-21-2013, 10:52 PM
ok people who think they missing dlc 2 . dlc 2 = battle hardened pack
3 4 5 = season pass washington

dlc 2-5 was part of season pass
dlc 1 was not

if you got it unlocked "somehow" ... you just bought another season pass not just that ep.. imo odd way to approach when others offered the dlc free link NOT THE DOWNLOADER but the installer to avoid massive server issues and things most people dont think about (remember buying the game saying you can only install this x ammount of times on x amount of machines? yeaaaa

and if you have steam was that the original purchase? if i can i avoid steam like the plague..
id avoid ubi clouds too once awards are gotten... sorry achievements :P

im guessing the new order worked...
try to get some money back if you can prove you bought it twice.
or gift to a friend :P

Blackwolfe5
02-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Dlc is the hidden secrets pack right? Because the hidden secrets dlc pack was included with the season pass. As simple as that. Yeah, I bought the normal version of ac3, not deluxe. And I also bought the season pass later. It took 2 weeks before I was sent the mail with the download link for hidden secrets and not just some odd mail with the link to download.txt and some pdf file..

Pyre.
02-22-2013, 01:34 AM
ok finally found the download link in my order confirmation email currently downloading the DLC will see if it works. Here is a thought make the downloading in a big image so ppl don't miss it........

AND it works YAY!!! Glad i could figure this out by my self. Waiting on the CS department i may finally gotten an answer about the time the final DLC released

Mr_Shade
02-22-2013, 11:27 AM
hi guys,

Those with steam - steam should auto update.

Those without steam, you should get an email with both the Key and the download - as posted above, please double check your emails carefully!

If you do not have a download link, please contact support asap - since they can resend the emails too you.

www.support.ubi.com

Please give them as much information as possible so they are able to trace your order etc - key / season pass key / uplay account etc etc

Please do not post that information on the forums, since it is a security risk!