PDA

View Full Version : Well I actually LIKED the new DLC!

silvermercy
02-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Surprise!! Sorry, but I had to balance the threads of people complaining. AGAIN... Not that there was any surprise there... :rolleyes:
(I had to make this new thread or my opinion would disappear in that jungle out there).

I actually watched the whole campaign on my friend's console while waiting for my PS3 campaign tomorrow. Everything people complained about the game I LOVED and can't wait to play it myself now!

But then I actually liked AC3 and that means I liked this even more now... Don't let haters dissuade you from playing the DLC.

Please no hating comments in this thread. There are two other hating threads for haters to hate as much as they want. ;) This thread is for people to post what they like once they play it.

Rogue Agent 035
02-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Surprise!! I had to make this new thread or my opinion would disappear in the others. Sorry, but I had to balance the threads of people complaining. AGAIN... Not that there was any surprise there... :rolleyes:

I actually watched the campaign on my friend's console while waiting for my PS3 campaign tomorrow. Everything people complained about the game I LOVED and can't wait to play it myself now!

But then I actually liked AC3 and that means I liked this even more now... Don't let haters dissuade you from playing the DLC.

Please no hating comments in this thread. There are two other hating threads for haters to hate as much as they want. ;) This thread is for people to post what they like.

I agree with ya...., when they said it was like a WTF moment they meant it!! I've only been through a small portion of it at this point an must admit that it has exceeded my expectations. The enemies seemed more agressive (which I liked), an at times I felt as though you must have yer head on a swivle as there were shots comin from out of view that must be handled with WHILE taking care of the main objective which is good. The only thing I've found minorly dissappointing is the fact that the natives were speaking english which in my opinion takes away from the authenticity of AC3 but I'm willin to overlook that, all in all it's great an as soon as I can I can't wait to spend more time with it.

DisbandedBox359
02-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Surprise!! Sorry, but I had to balance the threads of people complaining. AGAIN... Not that there was any surprise there... :rolleyes:
(I had to make this new thread or my opinion would disappear in that jungle out there).

I actually watched the whole campaign on my friend's console while waiting for my PS3 campaign tomorrow. Everything people complained about the game I LOVED and can't wait to play it myself now!

Please no hating comments in this thread. There are two other hating threads for haters to hate as much as they want. ;) This thread is for people to post what they like once they play it.

this, agree 100%, too much complaining these days, loved the gameplay and story though typical AC leaving it on a cliff-hanger

saydrix12
02-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Fan BOYS/GIRLs

DisbandedBox359
02-19-2013, 08:00 PM
haters gonna hate

I-Like-Pie45
02-19-2013, 08:00 PM
ok

Krayus Korianis
02-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Fan BOYS/GIRLs
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26999467.jpg

Krayus Korianis
02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
I liked the DLC. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked the new power (Wolf Cloak and Wolf Pack). All in all, I can't wait for the next two lol.

UrDeviant1
02-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Things i'm liking so far... the whole atmosphere of the frontier has become more eerie and feels like a much more dangerous place to be. Great cutscenes with GW, CONNOR, ZIO, CLAN MOTHER.More enemies fight you at any given time, allowing me to pull off very long combo's that look amazing. wolf cloak meshes surprisingly well with combat, either being used to manoeuvre yourself out a crowd of enemies or to make a guard stumble and open to assassinate. the only time i really use it for navigation is to occasionally move between bushes. i wouldn't like to rely on it too much.

Tree branches now bend when you stand on them... unless im confused and they always did?? The option to fast travel between missions is there if you want it. But i prefer to run between each mission. The first part of this DLC has got me very interested to find out how GW got the sceptre how this whole alternate reality came about, and what sort of impact this is going to have on the main story. Also, i loved going on stealth missions with Ziio, and Connors reaction to seeing her was both happy and sad. Very well done narrative and cutscenes if you ask me.

pacmanate
02-19-2013, 08:19 PM
I think this DLC was better than the whole of AC3!

Pros
Mission Design is amazing
Good game length. Took me 2.5 hours to collect all collectibles, still have 2 missions left to do, so on track for the 7 hours
Collectibles worth collecting

Cons
The clan mother can speak english. Seriously. This annoys me so much. Although it seems obvious that they could not get translation done in such short a time. Im sure its the same actress though.

Spider_Sith9
02-19-2013, 08:24 PM
I agree with ya...., when they said it was like a WTF moment they meant it!! I've only been through a small portion of it at this point an must admit that it has exceeded my expectations. The enemies seemed more agressive (which I liked), an at times I felt as though you must have yer head on a swivle as there were shots comin from out of view that must be handled with WHILE taking care of the main objective which is good. The only thing I've found minorly dissappointing is the fact that the natives were speaking english which in my opinion takes away from the authenticity of AC3 but I'm willin to overlook that, all in all it's great an as soon as I can I can't wait to spend more time with it.

That's something I'm glad they toned down. The native language in the past games got so frequent in AC2 just to be exotic but had an in-universe excuse which was a nice touch. But then it seemed like they just did it for the exoticness. The only time Altair spoke in his native language was in a few scenes and at times initiating combat.

That said, can't wait for Episode 2. I kinda hate how a few enemies do not have an attack icon over their heads at times, allowing them a free hit. That's something I was expecting from Liberation. But not the DLC though. But that's relatively minor compared to pre-patch AC3 main.

I-Like-Pie45
02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Are there any new enemy types?

Rogue Agent 035
02-20-2013, 02:57 AM
Are there any new enemy types?

Not so far...., just the ones now are more agressive than they were in the main campaign. Not that weren't touch before, they've just been injected with roid rage to amp up the difficulty a bit an come at ya 4+1 as opposed to the old 2+1 from the main campaign