PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III 'The Infamy' DLC Discussion thread (TOKW DLC)

MohMurad
02-19-2013, 03:47 PM
So I made this thread hoping this could be the discussion thread for the latest AC3 singleplayer DLC 'The Infamy', part one of three DLCs to be released based on The Tyranny of George Washington.

Explore an alternate reality where George Washington has become a tyrant. Driven insane with unlimited power, he has transformed the young United States into a despotic empire. After witnessing the death of his loved ones in his tribe at King Washington's hands, a hero will rise, calling upon the special abilities locked within his lineage, to seek justice and freedom for the people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTQb8DCr5Wk&list=PLC3CB1943119D6D70&index=4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqlfLR8QZ9Q&list=PLC3CB1943119D6D70&index=1

And another video... (Don't watch it if you don't watch spoilers.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grzkZkHDbE0

How do you add a spoiler by the way?

saydrix12
02-19-2013, 03:49 PM
What really pissed me off taht we dont get the outfit in the main game Like what the **** !?

Kaschra
02-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Too bad I can't buy the DLC now, but maybe this weekend.
I don't even try to avoid spoilers, since I know I will come across them sooner or later.

Did they...change Ziio's voice actor? She sounds so different...

saydrix12
02-19-2013, 04:22 PM
No its just because shes speaking english :)

Rob327
So i can't use my Captain of the Aquila Outfit? It figures. Why did i download this thing? Look this game REALLY screwed the pooch when it comes to Outfits. I just can't imagine how in the hell they could come out with a Revolutionary War game and have relatively NO Revolutionary War Era outfits. Instead, you're stuck looking like Batman or some comic book superhero. I had to buy the Hidden Secrets Pack, to play the Campaign with an Outfit that wasn't downright laughable (only to find the Aquila Outfit is NOT what's in the game, but looks more like a pair of pajamas) just to play it.

Where is a Patriot Outfit, or a Colonist Outfit, or a Daniel Boone Outfit (for the Frontier Missions), or a Churches Men Outfit, Haytham Outfit etc?

The only good thing that seemed to come out of this game was the fact the Revolutionary War Era WAS doable from a Game standpoint. I just think it was the right game, wrong developer. Maybe Rockstar Games could pick up on this and create a game that gets with the times as far as choices, and maybe even lets you press the Right Trigger to shoot your gun, instead of a whole doctoral dissertation to do a simple thing like fire your weapon. I'm sorry for the rant, but the whole impression i get from playing this game as a whole is "what might have been" and should have been.

straty88
Did they...change Ziio's voice actor? She sounds so different...

I think so, yeah.

No its just because shes speaking english :)

She speaks in English for a good portion of sequence 2(?).

saydrix12
02-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know if you can use the outfit in the dlc in the main game ? ._.

straty88
02-19-2013, 04:27 PM

Apparently, no. Well according to a few threads people have made over the last few hours anyway but I don't know for sure.

Spider_Sith9
02-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Does anyone know how to get the Treasure in the fort in Kanienka'haka (I dunno how to use accents)? The gates are closed and there's no trees that transfer in via jump. Any help?

WalSwJan
02-19-2013, 06:31 PM

Maybe after episode 3. We'll see.

xboxauditore
02-19-2013, 06:36 PM
My god what is that song used in the infamy trailer?

It's amazing!

Spider_Sith9
02-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Nevermind. I found out how. :)

poptartz20
02-19-2013, 07:24 PM
So wait..Is it just me or does it sound like Ziio did the typical Mom thing about saying your father left these for you .....*rush mumble* Before he died *rush* So that no questions would or will be asked about his father? Umm... I really hope Haytham makes an appearance before the end of this DLC. Maybe to help Connor in an I don't have to kill you anymore way?

pacmanate
02-19-2013, 07:29 PM
I find this DLC better than the whole of AC3 haha.

Spider_Sith9
02-19-2013, 08:19 PM
So what are your opinions on Raton in this DLC? Still "hateable"? >_>

MohMurad
02-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Raton?

Spider_Sith9
02-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Raton?
Ratonhnhaké:ton

Krayus Korianis
02-19-2013, 08:34 PM
I laugh at the people who thought we'd all be able to use the outfit in the main game. Ubisoft NEVER stated that we would, it was ALL the speculation of those who wanted and wished it to be in the main game.

I'm glad it isn't, it's not like there's a menu for outfits now is there.

Rob327
02-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Yeah i know. Ubisoft doesn't seem to say ALOT of things, and what they do say it's if you almost have to be an Attorney to understand it. You would think, like past Assassin Creed games, you would get Outfits comparable to the time. Instead, we have access to an Ezio Outfit, a Prison Outfit, and a couple of Big Bird Outfits. Now we have a Skyrim like Outfit for this DLC. I just don't get it at all.

reallightforce
02-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Nevermind. I found out how. :)

How did you do it?

feclmunday
02-21-2013, 01:23 AM
How did you do it?

When you finish the final mission of the DLC you open the gate of the fort.

reallightforce
02-21-2013, 02:00 AM
When you finish the final mission of the DLC you open the gate of the fort.

Sweet, thanks!

JCearlyyears
02-21-2013, 02:21 AM
Why didn't Connor immediately seek out Achilles?

LightRey
02-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Why didn't Connor immediately seek out Achilles?
Probably too busy trying to save anyone and considering Achilles died of an illness at quite an old age years before in his universe, he probably thinks he's dead in this one too.

ideedi
02-21-2013, 05:32 PM
i dont know where i have to go to start the dlc.....i downloaded it but i cant find it anywhere,please can some one tell me whwre to go. thanks

pacmanate
02-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Its on the main menu, it says Tyranny of George Washington....

AntiChrist7
02-21-2013, 05:50 PM
The thing that puzzles me (so spoiler alert), is that when you collect the 3 lucid memory fragments and start that memory.

Obviously its washington on that horse, but connor is wearing his assassin outfit, and has his assassin look. So i guess its somehow the link between the main game and the alternative reality

NickatNite89
02-21-2013, 07:21 PM
I open an chest and got a blunt weapon. I don't want it, and it looks stupid hanging to the slide.
How can I get rid of it?

Eyesfall
02-21-2013, 07:32 PM
I open an chest and got a blunt weapon. I don't want it, and it looks stupid hanging to the slide.
How can I get rid of it?

You can do a move that hits enemy and sticks your heavy weapon in him, just press the secondary weapon attack button (q for PC) on enemy and you will get ride of it.

tinrisky
02-21-2013, 10:19 PM
i sure hope we can access our weapons later in the episodes, I prefer Flintlocks to Double Barrels and I lost my War Club after I threw it at a raccoon.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Finished the DLC, loved it! :D Finally a bigger emphasis on the Native characters and Kanien'kehá:ka culture/beliefs. I finally learned something about it (unlike main AC3 where I sure learned a ton about wuropean/western way of living in 18th century, but not Native/Kanien'kehá:ka way of living). New characters were great, love the brothers :D Unlocking additional memories was fun but not as great as puzzles in AC2/ACB, each discovered memory fragment could have some mini puzzle in it. The wolf cloak is great because it adds more stealth to the game, the fact that it drains life makes sure it ain't way too easy as I thought it could be. the story is interesting though how it all came to be (this alternate reality) is verrrry obvious, even just from first unlocked video. Can't complain though, this way it's an actual continuation of Ratonhnhaké:ton's story :)

My only complaint is the length. Too short and it will just play much better with all 3 episodes together, but well, I've been spoiled by long Mass Effect DLCs so :p Overall, easily the best AC DLC so far along with Da Vinci one. Can't wait for next episodes :D

Ohh and yes, I'm totally in love in Raton EVEN MORE after The Infamy <3 Such an amazing character! :'(

Assassin_Banana
02-22-2013, 12:36 AM
I liked the DLC too!!! :D Im hoping to see Haytham in next or last episode. Cross your fingers ;) I don't want him to be dead!!

Next episode hint us to a trip back in prison... :nonchalance:

JCearlyyears
02-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Probably too busy trying to save anyone and considering Achilles died of an illness at quite an old age years before in his universe, he probably thinks he's dead in this one too.

His mom is alive... or was anyway. She's just not good at life, I guess. I think that Achilles would be alive, and there were certainly times when he could have gone to meet him.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-22-2013, 01:28 AM
I liked the DLC too!!! :D Im hoping to see Haytham in next or last episode. Cross your fingers ;)I sure hope not :nonchalance: He already stole too much screentime from Raton IMO...

Krayus Korianis
02-22-2013, 01:33 AM
I liked the DLC too!!! :D Im hoping to see Haytham in next or last episode. Cross your fingers ;) I don't want him to be dead!!

Next episode hint us to a trip back in prison... :nonchalance:
The Prison was in New York. Also, Haytham is dead. Connor's mother stated it.

LightRey
02-22-2013, 01:57 AM
His mom is alive... or was anyway. She's just not good at life, I guess. I think that Achilles would be alive, and there were certainly times when he could have gone to meet him.
Achilles was in his early 70's when he died and he died of natural causes. The chances that he'd be alive years later in this alternate reality are very slim.

SixKeys
02-22-2013, 02:37 AM
So there are videos to unlock? Do you have to collect all 3 memory fragments for that or what?

Assassin_M
02-22-2013, 02:51 AM
So there are videos to unlock? Do you have to collect all 3 memory fragments for that or what?
One Video. Each Episode has a video. when put together, they make sense of this whole thing and yes, you unlock it by collecting all the fragments

SixKeys
02-22-2013, 02:53 AM
One Video. Each Episode has a video. when put together, they make sense of this whole thing and yes, you unlock it by collecting all the fragments

I already got the one near the starting point (once you're released into the Frontier) and the one near Connor's village. Is the third one somewhere in Valley Forge?

Assassin_M
02-22-2013, 02:55 AM
I already got the one near the starting point (once you're released into the Frontier) and the one near Connor's village. Is the third one somewhere in Valley Forge?
Yup. Tent where Haytham and Connor meet Washington...it`ll be easy to find...good luck with the army there, though...

RatonhnhakeFan
02-22-2013, 03:10 AM
They kind of spoiled the entire thing though since glimpses from full video are shown at the start...

Assassin_M
02-22-2013, 03:12 AM
They kind of spoiled the entire thing though since glimpses from full video are shown at the start...
I was lucky :P

The intro glitched and I had to skip it xD

So Yeah..It was good for me

Spider_Sith9
02-22-2013, 06:06 AM
Think they'll fix the disappearing weapon bug in the next episode?

Assassin_M
02-22-2013, 06:07 AM
Think they'll fix the disappearing weapon bug in the next episode?
Nope...

AntiChrist7
02-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Yup. Tent where Haytham and Connor meet Washington...it`ll be easy to find...good luck with the army there, though...

you've got wolf cloak for a reason :p