PDA

View Full Version : PS3 users screwed on the DLC release

Pixieangel9108
02-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Why is it that everyone else is getting this DLC today except for PS3 users? Sony has no answer for this; they told me yesterday that if the DLC was slated for release today then it was news to them. They have gotten no input from Ubisoft on this from what I gathered. What's the deal Ubisoft?

SageEBRNSG
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
they're just trying to save you money. By the time you can actually play it the entire thing will be available to watch.

Cadster87
02-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Why is it that everyone else is getting this DLC today except for PS3 users? Sony has no answer for this; they told me yesterday that if the DLC was slated for release today then it was news to them. They have gotten no input from Ubisoft on this from what I gathered. What's the deal Ubisoft?

Because the PS3 store gets updated tomorrow, so u get it tomorrow, xbox gets updated today so we get it today..........tbh u should really know when ur own console stores update.....also, this has nothing to do with Ubisoft, if u have a problem with it, take it up with Sony

SG-17
02-19-2013, 02:56 PM
The PS Store updates any time between 12pm and 9pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5) on Tuesdays (ie today, unlike the above user stated). It is normally around 5 pm however.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-19-2013, 02:58 PM
you are getting it 24 hours late.PC users got the entire game 23 days late.

Cadster87
02-19-2013, 02:59 PM
The PS Store updates any time between 12pm and 9pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5) on Tuesdays (ie today, unlike the above user stated). It is normally around 5 pm however.

erm i dont think so, i maybe an xbox player, but my bro has a PS3 and even his updates on Wednesdays

GunnarGunderson
02-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Not that it really matters, Metal Gear Rising is out today

SG-17
02-19-2013, 03:02 PM
erm i dont think so, i maybe an xbox player, but my bro has a PS3 and even his updates on Wednesdays

I've been buying stuff from the PS Store since 2009. It always updates on Tuesdays.

Here is last week's update. Check the date.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/12/playstation-store-update-278/

Cadster87
02-19-2013, 03:05 PM
I've been buying stuff from the PS Store since 2009. It always updates on Tuesdays.

Here is last week's update. Check the date.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/12/playstation-store-update-278/

alright i see ur point, someone just told me tht it updates is the USA on Tuesday night, looks like i was wrong.....also makes sense why i said updates on wednesday cuz i live in the UK and it would be practically wednesday by the time its updated

Billiam301
02-19-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't really understand how the PS store updates because I'm certain I've seen new DLC come out on other days during the week

straty88
02-19-2013, 03:39 PM

The US Store yes, not the EU store.

Nightmare8767
02-19-2013, 03:49 PM
The EU Store updates on Wednesdays at 15:00 GMT. That means basically 24 hours from now. The Web Store usually updates 3 hours earlier.

Anyways I'm pretty sure that if Ubi wanted they could have pt up the DLC today just fine. I mean, I've just witnessed today how they put out a movie earlier, so I don't really understand it.

pacmanate
02-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Oh god, another one of "you" guys. Xbox updates tuesday, PSN updates Wednesday. Common, gaming, logic.

straty88
02-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Oh god, another one of "you" guys. Xbox updates tuesday, PSN updates Wednesday. Common, gaming, logic.

Logic...on a forum. Good luck! :)

SixKeys
02-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Welcome to feeling like a PC player.

dxsxhxcx
02-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Welcome to feeling like a PC player.

if they feel that way because of one day, imagine 2 weeks, 1 month or 6 months!! Now I know why they release the console version early, some players would probably commit suicide if they beloved console was left behind.. :p

SG-17
02-19-2013, 05:06 PM

Unless you are in the US or Canada and then the PSN updates on Tuesdays.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-19-2013, 05:29 PM
if they feel that way because of one day, imagine 2 weeks, 1 month or 6 months!! Now I know why they release the console version early, some players would probably commit suicide if they beloved console was left behind.. :p
Hence,the name console kids.
Ubi just proved PC players have more patience than the console kids.

mikedayson2686
02-19-2013, 05:29 PM
I have the season pass, and I've yet to receive this DLC, and I'm a PS3 user.

SG-17
02-19-2013, 05:30 PM
I have the season pass, and I've yet to receive this DLC, and I'm a PS3 user.

Because the store doesn't update until around 5pm.

mikedayson2686
02-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Because the store doesn't update until around 5pm.

I see, alright, thanks for telling me. I also live in the US.

Krayus Korianis
02-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Now you know somewhat how it feels when Sony buys exclusive crap.

SG-17
02-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Now you know somewhat how it feels when Sony buys exclusive crap.

Disregarding the fact that Microsoft started this practice with Call of Duty, PS3 users are getting the DLC today.

Regardless of the fact of whether the store updates at 8 am or 5 pm, most of us have lives and wouldn't be able to play it until after classes or work anyway. If you are complaining about it not being up at 11 am, then you have too much time on your hands or are too young to be playing this game.

Krayus Korianis
02-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Disregarding the fact that Microsoft started this practice with Call of Duty, PS3 users are getting the DLC today.
Doesn't matter, it's still available to watch on YouTube.

Also, CoD sucks[edit]

Mr_Shade
02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
As already posted - different stores and regions may update at different times... in the UK for example - the PSN store updates tomorrow - the 20th.

You all will have it - when the stores have updated.

I can only suggest you check from time to time - and please remember, if you are a season pass holder - you should download from the games menu ;)

mikedayson2686
02-19-2013, 05:44 PM
As already posted - different stores and regions may update at different times...

You all will have it - when the stores have updated.

I can only suggest you check from time to time - and please remember, if you are a season pass holder - you should download from the games menu ;)

What do you mean download from the games menu?

Krayus Korianis
02-19-2013, 05:47 PM
If you have a season pass... You MUST download the DLC through the in-game Extras > Additional Content menu. If not you will be charged again for the DLC.

SG-17
02-19-2013, 05:47 PM

He means from the Tyranny of King Washington menu at the main menu of Assassin's Creed III and not from the PS Store directly.

mikedayson2686
02-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Ah, alright. This is the first time I'd ever purchased a season pass, so I'm new to all this, sorry.

Krayus Korianis
02-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Ah, alright. This is the first time I'd ever purchased a season pass, so I'm new to all this, sorry.
If you can't find the Battle Hardened DLC, go into Multiplayer and look in the extra's additional content menu to find it. It's not available from the main game's menu.

Mr_Shade
02-19-2013, 05:51 PM
No problem.

if you simply goto the PSN store - it won't know your entitled to the DLC for free, since it's a stand alone application [no way for the store to know about the pass] so will charge you.

In the games main menu - you will see the 'Tyranny of King Washington' listed in the games list of menus - use that and you can download the DLC for free - since the game knows you have the pass.

Same applies for MP DLC - start the MP game - and check in the extras menu for the MP DLC:

If you can't find the Battle Hardened DLC, go into Multiplayer and look in the extra's additional content menu to find it. It's not available from the main game's menu.

mikedayson2686
02-19-2013, 05:54 PM

Alright, thank you.

Aphex_Tim
02-19-2013, 06:03 PM
I really don't see why having to wait ONE day is such a big deal to so many people. ONE day and y'all immediately complain you're being "screwed over". Grow up.

Triprox25
02-19-2013, 06:18 PM
What time does the PS-Store update in the east coast?

HisShadowX
02-19-2013, 09:11 PM
I really don't see why having to wait ONE day is such a big deal to so many people. ONE day and y'all immediately complain you're being "screwed over". Grow up.

Right on! These whiny Americans want everything right now. Take a lead from our friends overseas Americans and just bend on over and take it as it comes.

Dracosaber
02-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Right on! These whiny Americans want everything right now. Take a lead from our friends overseas Americans and just bend on over and take it as it comes.
Hey, hey, hey, it's not all Americans, I am patient enough to wait. O.o

HisShadowX
02-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Hey, hey, hey, it's not all Americans, I am patient enough to wait. O.o

Still you must know your place hasn't your President taught you your country is flawed. If only more people could be like Lord Obama

Gi1t
02-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Still you must know your place hasn't your President taught you your country is flawed. If only more people could be like Lord Obama

Come on, you're smart enough to know that not all people from the same country think and act the same way.There's no need to drag international issues into the discussion, it just makes it harder for people to understand your points about the game. Don't complain about the complaining, answer it; tell them why you disagree. You'd be surprised how much more reasonable individuals are than they appear to be.

Pixieangel9108
02-20-2013, 12:42 AM
According to Sony, we still have about another hour before the PSN store is finished updating. HOWEVER, that doesn't change the article that Ubisoft put out OR the tweet that went out today claiming PS3 users don't get it until tomorrow. If you're wondering why so many have switched to Xbox, this is why; and to be honest, I just might convert too at this rate.

BATISTABUS
02-20-2013, 01:29 AM
I have no sympathy for complaints like this. You're upset about getting the DLC one day later? How about never getting the DLC? PS3 gets exclusive missions with every release that other platforms will never get.

Pixieangel9108
02-20-2013, 01:35 AM
I promise Batista, those side missions the PS3 users get have nothing to do w/ the main story and are only a blip to finish. You're not missing out.

TheHumanTowel
02-20-2013, 01:50 AM
According to Sony, we still have about another hour before the PSN store is finished updating. HOWEVER, that doesn't change the article that Ubisoft put out OR the tweet that went out today claiming PS3 users don't get it until tomorrow. If you're wondering why so many have switched to Xbox, this is why; and to be honest, I just might convert too at this rate.
You're thinking of converting to Xbox because your getting DLC ONE day late? Good lord. Try and tell us how much Ubi hates the PS3 while you're playing those exclusive missions you got. How about PC having to wait a month extra to get the actual game?

BATISTABUS
02-20-2013, 02:01 AM
I promise Batista, those side missions the PS3 users get have nothing to do w/ the main story and are only a blip to finish. You're not missing out.
All the same, I still would've liked to have played them. That, and it doesn't change the fact that waiting one day is better than never getting it.

On a side note, the PS3 exclusive DLC is actually referenced in The Infamy.