PDA

View Full Version : Tedious Lockpicking

Raff_GreySabre
02-19-2013, 04:43 AM
Lockpicking is unnecessarily tedious.

It's not precise enough to detect up and down and left and right.

For example, I move my mouse up and down and it moves it left and right.

Just another stupid design decision.

The rest of the game is pretty fun, but **** that makes lockpicking the most tedious aspect of this entire game.

OSantaClownO
02-19-2013, 04:11 PM
I'll be honest, I've played this game both with a joystick and a mouse & keyboard. This feature obivously is desined to the joystick players.

andreja110s
02-19-2013, 04:24 PM
I didnīt have any problems with lockpicking, and I donīt have anything against it...

YazX_
02-20-2013, 03:29 PM
I'll be honest, I've played this game both with a joystick and a mouse & keyboard. This feature obivously is desined to the joystick players.

agreed, its actually optimized for gamepads on consoles, but when ported to PC with keyboard and mouse, its so much annoying.

Kaldire
02-20-2013, 09:18 PM
in truth it is for gamepads but if you need a bit of tricky help

first stick it in.. lol sorry

ahem first start the lock pick, turn slowly to right (use mouse move right slowly) very.. i creepy do it.. withing a few secs you will see tension kinda stop moving then it should go to the upper pick
lock, this one is tricky as it can reset the balance with and left or right movement.
simple... DONT MOVE left or right (the mouse) just slowly very slowly move the mouse up. and tada

i now have it down to about 6 seconds per lock and even the main ac3 had these issues, I was hoping he would pull bones out to pick with.. where did he get that lockpick hmmmmm? lol

please fix the ac3 and dlc lock picking issues.. in some cases the lockpicks dont even match up to the locks and you are pickin in wood and air :P

anyone needs help pm me ill make a video of how i use the mouse to do it. Its sooo simple after a few go's

let me know im here to help make the ac experience complete (and no im no mod nor do I work with them) just a skilled tester that can tell you the issues underlying forces :P

yea please fix lockpick mouse sensitivity cancellation for chests. and put something worth a darn in them :P

andreja110s
02-20-2013, 09:28 PM
please fix the ac3 and dlc lock picking issues.. in some cases the lockpicks dont even match up to the locks and you are pickin in wood and air :P

Oh, you mean this one: :D
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/126773818-4.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/126773808-4.jpg

I seriously donīt know why you people have problems with lockpicking... Itīs so easy!

Kaldire
02-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Lol yep I mean that one

and common you can give people a bit more cred .. lockpickin with the mouse is nerfed due to sensitvity in the connection vs a say analog circle pad.
but its not hard just once you get it... its easy.
even when broken a bit.
lol

kudos on the fast upshot of the wood n air lockpickin :P hehee
FIX THAT BUG ubi sheesh.. its almost criminal (its a joke as lockpicking... oh nevermind)

:)

andreja110s
02-20-2013, 10:29 PM
The only thing you need is patience. Just move the mouse slowly( really, REALLY slowly). If you rush( like I did in the beginning), you will have problems. Take your time, the chest and the lock wonīt run away :D

Kaldire
02-20-2013, 10:39 PM
yep i go super slow :P
tried fast and it lead to all sorts of pull backs/fails or resets etc

GalakFyarr
02-20-2013, 11:42 PM
its also much easier on a trackpad, because you can see where you are on the trackpad when you're at the point he "sticks the lockpick in".

All I do is slowly (very) swipe from left to right, when he sticks it in, I slowly move up.

Anykeyer
02-21-2013, 07:00 AM
Lockpicking minigame is ok in general but in last DLC locks are almost everywhere. I feel like 1 of 3 hours I've spent picking locks.

Kaldire
02-23-2013, 09:48 AM
all to get what.... and for what right? i felt that dlc chests are well.. pointless.. even with added items of weapons..
game is fine without ever seeing a chest in dlc form i mean.

ick bad call people of the dlc world :P bad call

you are full of
arrows... ropedarts
is 90% of what i read each chest.. :P hehe

Dragoness31
02-25-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm having trouble with lock picking. It's Sequence 3 and I'm in North Boston (Xbox 360). I get everything rotated right and I repeatedly hit the RT, but the lock won't break. I've lost track of the number of times I've tried it. Really frustrated.

I was reading something about there being keys that help, haven't found those yet. Is that my best bet if the lock won't break.

So I just found out this post is in the PC thread, sorry hadn't noticed that. I just did search on lockpicking and this topic was one of the ones that came up. I still need the help and if I need to move this inquiry, I can.