PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed 4 setting and protagonist!

DylanArmadyl
02-18-2013, 03:33 AM
To start with this news i'm really happy because Assassin's creed is my favourie game franchise of all time. I understand ubisoft in a way that they want us to experience different time periods of history and location but my favourite assassin( protagonist) was Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway). I feel like we haven't explored every corner possible with him and i would like to have maybe a second game to fill to empty corners. I know that there isn't a lot to talk about in North amercia beside the Amercian Revolution but maybe make Connor take a ship and explore South America and go to Brazil (supposily next game location).

If this cannot happen well i would like to see the next Assassin's Creed to be in the Seven years war between the french and english in Europe because there was minimum 10 countries involved in that war.
My second location would be in Africa where we could have a African "Frontier" where we could hunt lions, zebras, rhinoceros, hippopotamus, elephants, etc. We could also meet tribesman or the protagonist could come from a native african village. In africa theres multiple different weapons and armors also.

My third location would be in Feudal Japan. We could fight samurais or be in there "team". i don<t really no much about Japan so i<m really interested to know if it will take place in that country.

I really hope you put a "Frontier" in the next game.

Thank you

Armadylan

IronEagl3
02-18-2013, 04:15 AM
I find European settings to be extremely dull and boring. There is no culture whatsoever and the cities are very dull. No color, no rich history, just battles and papers for independence from kings. Middle Eastern / Asian cultures are very very vibrant. China with its nature and architectural beauties, India with its densely populated cities and faith, the middle east with great atmosphere and culture, etc. Ffs, AC3's cities were boring because American architecture is based off of those of Europe.

XgasmloverX
02-18-2013, 04:37 AM
It shouldnt do anything with Samurai's, we are Assassins, not ninjas, not samurai's

But I'm pretty sure the writer hope won't go along with what you said, or any of us said, it should be much much cooler

Zafar1981
02-18-2013, 08:48 AM
In my views AC III was the most boring game not only due to the American setting(which has no background setting to cover except the freedom war) but also the protagonist Connor was also a dull boring and uncharismatic person. Moreover the involvement of guns(musket) in AC series was the worst idea ever, i don't know who r those people who want guns in AC because there are lots of shooting games in the market and i personally play this game due to melee and sword fighting.
If there is an assassin's game coming this year then none of our opinions would come in effect because that game would be in its final stage. But it is our right to tell the ubisoft that what we want and what we expect from them.

killerman_2012
02-18-2013, 09:41 AM
I find European settings to be extremely dull and boring. There is no culture whatsoever and the cities are very dull. No color, no rich history, just battles and papers for independence from kings. Middle Eastern / Asian cultures are very very vibrant. China with its nature and architectural beauties, India with its densely populated cities and faith, the middle east with great atmosphere and culture, etc. Ffs, AC3's cities were boring because American architecture is based off of those of Europe.

Are you kidding right? you don't know nothing about history and European culture. I agree about that American cities were boring, but you CAN'T compare Boston and New York (two young cities) with the beauty of Florence, Venecia, Paris, Praga, London, etc all of them with centuries of history and rich culture :mad:

I've always dreamed of an AC placed in the French Revolution :p

AjinkyaParuleka
02-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Lions,Rhinos,Elephants and Hippos?You will die before you even know it.

InfectedNation
02-18-2013, 09:53 AM
In my views AC III was the most boring game not only due to the American setting(which has no background setting to cover except the freedom war) but also the protagonist Connor was also a dull boring and uncharismatic person.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UQNILpdDQnA/UQ2uvDxeBkI/AAAAAAAAB_4/0Fd-VgrbJog/s1600/Haytham+Kenway+Facepalm+Connor+AC3.jpg

Why does Connor need to be charismatic to be a brilliant character? I'd take him over Ezio any day.

pacmanate
02-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Well this title was misleading.

killerman_2012
02-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Why does Connor need to be charismatic to be a brilliant character? I'd take him over Ezio any day.

I also think that. Connor no needs to be charismatic. Altair wasn't a charismatic heroe, however he was well received. They keep missing Ezio (I also) but they must to understand not all heroes can have the same personality. What did they want? did they want to see Ezio into Connor's body?

I like Connor and I want to see a sequel for him... Lafayette invited him to France and Juno said "You have made a difference, and you will do so again". So I'm SURE Connor will travel to France to help in the French Revolution :)

silvermercy
02-18-2013, 11:32 AM
If I hear one more time (usually from Ezio fans) that Connor was dull and uncharismatic... I swear!! Don't let me near you. First, let me remind you about cynical, cold, arrogant Altair and his behaviour. He and Connor would make great buddies. (Well, if they didn't kill each other first, stubborn s.o.b's they both are). Second, ANY assassin after stereotypically Italian insta-charming clichéd Ezio would have a hard time from those fans, not just Connor. Third: Uncharismatic characters can also be brilliant. Is there a law they can't be?

(The only thing I may agree with is that I'd prefer a non-American setting - I'm European and despite America being far away from here it's not very appealing to me in terms of history. It's a very new country with recent history and everyone seems to know about it from films, music etc. Fortunately, the new DLC, seems to focus more on the Native American and not the American culture.)

As for AC4, even though I'm fanatic about everything Japan, I'd prefer not to see that location. At least not yet. Way too many games like that out there. And assassins are not ninjas.
I'd love to see ancient Greece/Rome though.

(But first, more Connor of course! xD Maybe travelling to France or England to explore his father's roots!)

AjinkyaParuleka
02-18-2013, 12:12 PM
I am an Indian and I have more interest in other countries' history.America,being one.

SuperLoboMau 25
02-18-2013, 12:12 PM
In my opinion we need some story to ends Connor's one, he ending in AC3 was pretty sad, he lost the master, the father, mother and his people was outcast from own land. Without talk about it was because a mad phantom's will.. I guess a new game with Connor wouldn't be good, he could go to french revolution, but how would an indian be accepted to europeans ? Perhaps a DLC should be enough, showing his oldness and dying (this way we could know what he made in the rest of his life).

silvermercy
02-18-2013, 12:15 PM
but how would an indian be accepted to europeans ?
Well, now that'd be an interesting story! (Besides Achilles said Connor looks Italian/Spanish. lol)

Dejan507
02-18-2013, 12:28 PM
I find European settings to be extremely dull and boring. There is no culture whatsoever and the cities are very dull. No color, no rich history, just battles and papers for independence from kings.

You have GOT to be kidding me..

MasterAssasin84
02-18-2013, 12:30 PM

I have to dissagree with you on the European setting personaly i thought Rennaisance italy/constantinople was a beautifully very vibrant seting, i felt AC2 it was very artistic and the architecture particuarly in venice was very elegant !! i also found it very atmospheric for example the warm artistic jazzy feel to Firenze and the Beautiful cultrual feel to Venice was quite breath taking !! thats one of the many reasons why AC2 was my favorite.

As much as i loved AC1 actualy found the cities quite dull and had no character but then again that was intended as AC1's cities was supposed to be intimidating but the European settings was certainly more breathtaking in my opinion.

SuperLoboMau 25
02-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Achilles should be blind when said this. Italian never. Spanish? Not everyone would believe.

Middle Eastern / Asian cultures are very very vibrant. China with its nature and architectural beauties, India with its densely populated cities and faith,
the middle east with great atmosphere and culture, etc. Ffs, AC3's cities were boring because American architecture is based off of those of Europe.

I like Middle Eastern and China, but I guess they shouldn't make an chinese or japanese AC, especially japanese, if it happens the main characther willuse a katana that is a heavy weapon, but they will make he attacking like an anime's samurai, what is wrong. I hate this false concept of samurai faster than light, actually they were more like brutes using heavy armor and weapon and even bow and arrow. How can a guy with so much weight climb giant builds?

If not so polemical they could make a game in born of islam age, but many people wouldn't like if they associate this with a piece of eden. Anyway I still dream with this and with an AC in ancient Egypt.

pacmanate
02-18-2013, 03:00 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me..

Dont feed troll Dont feed troll Dont feed troll Dont feed troll

Zafar1981
02-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Egypt, Babylon, Persian Empire, Indian Mughal they r all rich of events, population and building which are fun to climb. The streets are nerrow not wide as AC III. I also favour Europe as long as its more similer to AC II(which by far is my most fav game). But pls pls pls don't bring any gun in play.

IWGCJoeCool
02-18-2013, 03:04 PM
If I hear one more time (usually from Ezio fans) that Connor was dull and uncharismatic... I swear!! Don't let me near you. First, let me remind you about cynical, cold, arrogant Altair and his behaviour. He and Connor would make great buddies. (Well, if they didn't kill each other first, stubborn s.o.b's they both are). Second, ANY assassin after stereotypically Italian insta-charming clichéd Ezio would have a hard time from those fans, not just Connor. Third: Uncharismatic characters can also be brilliant. Is there a law they can't be?

(The only thing I may agree with is that I'd prefer a non-American setting - I'm European and despite America being far away from here it's not very appealing to me in terms of history. It's a very new country with recent history and everyone seems to know about it from films, music etc. Fortunately, the new DLC, seems to focus more on the Native American and not the American culture.)

As for AC4, even though I'm fanatic about everything Japan, I'd prefer not to see that location. At least not yet. Way too many games like that out there. And assassins are not ninjas.
I'd love to see ancient Greece/Rome though.

(But first, more Connor of course! xD Maybe travelling to France or England to explore his father's roots!)

Connor's "personality" fit his heritage. he was stoic, not understanding the nuance of the British or early American speech. he was literal and took things at face value. he wasnt "charismatic", because he wouldnt have learned it. he would have meant what he said, and done what he'd said. with skills he would have been a leader.

and yes!!!!, anything that that includes more on Haytham, and Connor's legacy, will be welcome. clues mentioned above are there, so expect it to happen. Anvil Next has proven itself, and what better place to use it than a rainy and foggy London? France and even Spain could be included, but dont expect any Leap O' Faith's from the Eiffel lol

JC

SuperLoboMau 25
02-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Dont feed troll Dont feed troll Dont feed troll Dont feed troll

http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/112010/no-troll-feeding.jpg
:D

Megas_Doux
02-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Well I loved AC2´s cities, meanwhile Rome, is MY least favorite., In terms what I would like to see, China, Indian Mughal Empire, or Raj and Victorian England are favorites of mine.

WalSwJan
02-18-2013, 04:24 PM
I would really love an China-Setting. Kinda like this : http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/1/22/beautifully-badass-assassins-creed-china-art.html

DylanArmadyl
02-18-2013, 07:28 PM
I would really love an China-Setting. Kinda like this : http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/1/22/beautifully-badass-assassins-creed-china-art.html

This would be my favourite location for the next Assassin's Creed not only for the samurai but for the beautiful decors and houses. If it comes out with the new generation console it would be the perfect setting to make it prove itself. Also for those who watch Assassin's Creed Ambers, well we saw a ASIAN Assassin and maybe this was a clue for a further assassin's creed game. Also the medallion Connor found is Japanese with the dragon eating his tail.

Bashilir
02-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Does anyone else NOT want a China/Japan setting? Mainly because people keep saying the Protagonist would be a Ninja or Saumurai. NO THEY WOULDN'T BE, THEY'RE AN ASSASSIN. Plus, I've never liked their architecture or their means of weapons. I'd rather have Victorian or maybe a time period before even Altair. Ancient Rome anyone?

killerman_2012
02-18-2013, 07:51 PM
It could get to like an AC placed in China or Japan, but I hate when you begin to compare Assassins with Ninjas and Samurais ¬¬
Assassins are just ASSASSINS! the Creed is incorrupted!!!

It could be interesting see Shao Jun's story in a future AC and to know what was the thing Ezio gave her in that misterious box.

However I believe and I'm sure the next AC will be placed in the French Revolution... it would be gorgeous!!!

ReverseDoddo
02-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Etzio is 1000000000000000000000 time batter than ****i conner!!

Soulid_Snake
02-18-2013, 09:41 PM
I have to dissagree with you on the European setting personaly i thought Rennaisance italy/constantinople was a beautifully very vibrant seting, i felt AC2 it was very artistic and the architecture particuarly in venice was very elegant !! i also found it very atmospheric for example the warm artistic jazzy feel to Firenze and the Beautiful cultrual feel to Venice was quite breath taking !! thats one of the many reasons why AC2 was my favorite.

I want it to be in Europe too, Paris has got the same elegance and the architecture, that screams Assassins Creed. Just needs a bit of Jesper!

SuperLoboMau 25
02-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Does anyone else NOT want a China/Japan setting? Mainly because people keep saying the Protagonist would be a Ninja or Saumurai. NO THEY WOULDN'T BE, THEY'RE AN ASSASSIN. Plus, I've never liked their architecture or their means of weapons. I'd rather have Victorian or maybe a time period before even Altair. Ancient Rome anyone?

More or less. Most part of assassins have a second life too. Giovanni Auditore was banker, Nocolo was a thinker, Paola had "businesses" and other. Then a ninja or samurai could be an assassin, but it just in Japan, if in China the guy would be a Shao Lin monk or a kung fu man.

silvermercy
02-18-2013, 11:00 PM
How about you learn to spell Connor's proper name first? Ezio's too...

MadJC1986
02-18-2013, 11:22 PM

That post was so stupid, it gave me cancer :p

Megas_Doux
02-18-2013, 11:37 PM
If an Assassins creed is set on the far east, I know ubisoft would make it work! That said, I prefer China over Japan.

PD: I am European, and I would rather see other settings over Ancient Rome; like the 100 years war, thirty years war, French Revolution, Ancient Babylon...

VICTORIAN ENGLAND!!!!!

Sushiglutton
02-18-2013, 11:40 PM
There is no shortage of awesome settings and I'm not worried about Ubi's ability to choose good ones and to build fantastic worlds. Ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome would all be awesome. So would Paris, London, Amsterdam, China, Japan, Africa etc etc.

DylanArmadyl
02-18-2013, 11:43 PM
The settings that i do not want to see is rome or somewhere else in Italy, I do not want to see Constantinople and any other area that we already played in. I just want a fresh new start with a completely different architecture. I don't want to have squared roof buildings like in ac1 and the ac2 trilogy. This is one of the main reason i do not want a ac3 in Europe unless french or english revolution or the 7 years war.
Also if it's in Japan/China the assassin doesnt need to be a ninja he almost already is :P but he isnt at the same time. I want to see a setting where there is a war between the samurais and the do not want the assassin to take any side in this but have friends or sources on each side. The assassin doesnt need to have a heavy samurai armour maybe only have some samurai shoulder pads. I am nota awesome drawer but ill try to draw the assassin im talking about and maybe post my drawing.

There was already to much a Assassin's Creed in europe for me i want to learn about different continents or countries. I favor Egypt and Japan but i do not want to see it past 1770.
I'm sure that later there will be a russian assassin named Nikolay that will be in the 1st or 2nd world war like in the comic book.
I also do not want a brazilian assassin as we already have connor who is a native indian and i find the brazilian history boring compared to other regions.

I just really hope that there is a area like the Frontier from AC3 in AC4.

thanks

VitaminsXYZ
02-19-2013, 12:27 AM
I hope it's not Japan...and it looks like Ubisoft doesn't like that idea anyways. China would be much more interesting, but while it's not as overdone as Japan, its setting is still nothing new.

I've said this before, but I think Southeast Asia would be a good choice. It would bring something new to the table, as it's a region that isn't often covered in video games, and it's got some amazing architecture to boot.

http://www.abercrombiekent.com.au/images/Myanmar_Bagan.jpg

BoeserBengel83
02-19-2013, 02:21 AM
A story about the old and new China at the same time.

We will have 2 characters (both will have 2 different cities/maps for their missions), the old China will have 10 or 11 sequences, while the new one has 5, after you beat the game you can switch between the characters sequences/chapters (like in Resident Evil 6) , exploring only one character if you like.

The old china, name of the Assassin could be Luo Yu.

A story about the son of Wei Yu would be great, the life of Wei Yu can also be little bit explored (via 2 or 3 side missions). In the beginning we will see how he starts the training under his father at the age of 5 or 6, after the first sequence, he will become a grown up man, joining the Assassin fulltime, the Templars and their allies will attack him and his family at the funeral of his father Wei Yu. Because of the large number of Assassins at the funeral, a conflict/war begins between groups, right in the middle of the famous time of the three kingdoms. This will give a good start in my opinion.

This era shows the rebuilding and uprising of the templars in east asia, they want to use the struggle in the land to establish their own dynasty, with a staff of eden, used by Xian of Han aka Liu Xie, the last emperor of the Han Dynasty, who used the staff to keep the land free and united, avoiding revolutions and different kingdoms (later Wu, Wei and Shu). Luo Yu goal is to show the different kingdoms the real enemy in china, the Templars, but no one believes or trust him, he needs to work alone, with a little group of Assassins and large armies against them, the Shu, Wu, Wei and Templars.

Feng (nicknamed "Yu" because of his famous ancestors) Huang

The modern day protagonist should be a bounty hunter, knowing of his ancestors, but he doesn't care about this in his young life (maybe 24 or something) . Feng is working for everyone who pays, including the Templars, after he has done a few jobs for them in the past, he realises that the Templars are betraying their own goals. He is planing to quit, but the Templars wants that he continues his work for their purposes, offering him a lot of money, but he refuses, instead he wants to take advantage of his knowledge about the different Templar influenced groups, he wants not only money, he wants peace after all that missions (assassinations, fighting in civil wars etc.) and threatens the Templars with his infos to let him go.

The Templars starting to hunt him, hide yourself in a modern city, travel with a taxi from street to street (instead of fast traveling via underground), hide yourself by siting on bench, buying a hot dog while talking bs to the guy/women right next to you, asking the friendly cop about this and that (alternatives/replacements for bribing), make sure that the Templar soldiers/agents don't have a chance to get you. The cops who are walking around in the streets should be "neutral" like the ottomans in ACR. The enemies should only use pistols for the sequences and normal weapons like tonfas, baseball bats, knifes etc.

He will be saved from a templar attack by some "old friends", joining the Assassins to fight back. He wants use the animus to find out when and how the templars became so strong in east asia (that's why we have the old China story), finding out that the Templars are searching for an "artifact".

For the modern cities, i would prefer the outskirts from a big city, WITHOUT skyscrapers and streets with hundreds of people at the same time.

Both characters should have similar weapons,

Son of Wey Yu:

- Hidden Blade,
- Hookswoords, own fighting style,
- liu xing chui (meteor hammer, awesome weapon), rope dart replacement
- smoke grenades,
- shurikens, hardest range weapon.
- different types of swords and hammers, both types with different fighting styles.
- Heavy (long) weapons like halberd or spears,
- daggers
- small bow with poisend arrowhead (replaces the poisen blade),

Modern day fighter (maybe called Feng "Yu" Huang)

- Hidden Blade,
- Hookswoords,own fighting style,
- liu xing chui (meteor hammer, awesome weapon), rope dart replacement
- flash grenades,
- shurikens (weaker in "modern mission" to due game balance)
- short weapons with different fighting styles, short hammers and daggers/knifes
- high tech crossbow (long range, silent, hardest range weapon)

In the End of AC4 Part 1, Lou Yu finds the staff of Eden and stops the Templars, making sure that everyone attacks the last few supporters of the Templars, sadly....he couldn't stop the war between the kingdoms and the death of many Assassins, in the final attack from the Templars, Lou will get hit by a shuriken in the head, looses an eye and a lot of blood, he gets pushed from a high bridge, falling into water with the staff....the Animus stops the transmission, leaving his final fate unknown...for now.

The End in AC 4 Part 2, Feng Huang will be shot in the stomach and falls from a house, seeing visions from his ancestors Wei Yu and Luo Yu, then he lands on a truck, no reaction, no emotion, just silence, everyone thinks he is dead.

After the game is finished we see Feng Guang waking up in a hospital, surrounded by police men and doctors, they say that he was shot and they tell him he was in coma for nearly 2 months. He asks what happened and he couldn't remember anything, not knowing his name, he only saw "strange visions from the old China", the doctor says, "never talk about such things again, because the Assassins wanted to kill you because of your knowledge about them", he lays his hand on Fengs stomach and says "believe me, we will protect and guide you", showing the Templar ring on the doctors and one police mans hand.

Zafar1981
02-19-2013, 03:46 AM

And you r 10000000000000000000000000 time correct. Connor is an a*****e, and i really hate that character. Pls Ubisoft don't bring any native American in the game again. Native African is far better than this f****** Connor.

Perk89
02-19-2013, 03:50 AM
Exploring the same locale in different era'sin a concurrently running storyline is actually a really cool idea that we kind of saw with Monteriggioni. But no to China.

jsmithy28694
02-19-2013, 09:13 PM
as long as they keep the weather, snow and tree running i dont have a specific place id like them to go next