PDA

View Full Version : Possible to edit IL2 to make radiators open as default at spawn?

jdoehlert
02-18-2013, 12:44 AM
I was wondering if this was possible, and if so, how would I go about it?

Thaanks for any help,

Ojisan Tuck

Tully__
02-18-2013, 09:39 AM
The only way I know of is to make it part of your take-off / spawn checklist and do it manually.

jdoehlert
02-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Thanks Tully,

it is a small thing, but with the thousands of flights I do, I was hoping to eliminate the tedious process of doing it manually, lol.

A coworker once told me I was a fiend for eliminating unnecessary clicks...

Tuck

Bearcat99
02-21-2013, 05:54 PM
There is a way to do that by using the RCU file .. but it is easier to just open the rads manually since you would need a few keystrokes just to open the console to start the RCU.. Back in tyhe day we had a setting that would set the speed bar to mph, open the rads and turn on the cockpit lights .. It has been so long though I don't remember what the setting was..

jdoehlert
02-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks Bearcat99 for responding

I would be very interested in how to use the RUC file if you would have a way to look back at that.

My mission is a 1 v 1 dogfight is an air start with only about 30 seconds to first convergence, and the average sortie is about 2:45...so for each hour of flight I have to hit the Radiator key 165 times, or 5,000 times a week if I fly for 30 hours! LOL I simply find it slightly tedious, obviously no big deal, but a convenience tweak...

Thanks again

Ojisan Tuck

FoolTrottel
02-21-2013, 11:03 PM
so for each hour of flight I have to hit the Radiator key 165 times
Put radiator open/close on a slider!

jdoehlert
02-22-2013, 12:43 AM
Thanks FoolTrottel

I haven't got a slider to spare, have only one, use it for throttle

But I appreciate your input

Ojisan_Tuck

Bearcat99
02-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Thanks Bearcat99 for responding

I would be very interested in how to use the RUC file if you would have a way to look back at that.

My mission is a 1 v 1 dogfight is an air start with only about 30 seconds to first convergence, and the average sortie is about 2:45...so for each hour of flight I have to hit the Radiator key 165 times, or 5,000 times a week if I fly for 30 hours! LOL I simply find it slightly tedious, obviously no big deal, but a convenience tweak...

Thanks again

Ojisan Tuck

Taker a look at this guide at M4T written by Tully a while back (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&file=print&kid=76&page=1).. It is for icon settings.. but the rcu file can be used to set anything.. I just don't remember the way to get the commands in there. I think you have to use the syntax found in the settings file in the users folder .. If I can find an old copy of that original rcu I will revisit this thread and update the info..

jdoehlert
02-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks so much, this looks fascinating, though I'm not sure I have the skills to make the changes without causing a problem, but I will read it tonight, and I look forward to seeing any other leads you come across

Thanks again, you are the best

Steerpots
04-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi All
You can start up your aircraft with any options you want automatically.
The way to do it is to use a 3rd party application called AutoHotkey.
I have a full explanation over at my squad's webpage, under the Technical Support Forum,
the post is called "automate air respawn and game quit "
You can set up whatever actions you want the game to do by creating a list of commands for the game to carry out.

I run AHK under Win 7 x64

Not sure if links are allowed here so just google my IL 2 squad: 69th virtual fighter group

Yours
69th Steerpots